Fools (Loki)

Oleh Zodiac_Cat

Dylan Banner is the nineteen year old daughter of Bruce Banner. After moving around her whole life S.H.I.E.L... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
I Stalked You
Munchkin
Charming
One Night Couldn't Hurt, Right?
Puppy Dog Eyes For The Win
He Really Is Loki's Brother
Say Mercy
Friends Don't Suck Face
Let Me Be Selfish
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me Dad?
I Wanted To Be A Playwright
Tell Me The Truth
It's Time Love
Until Next Time
Oh What The Hell
Author's Note

You're Hurting Yourself

786 30 4
Oleh Zodiac_Cat

I wait until night fall before I sneak out of my room and head towards where Loki is being kept.

After my talk with Thor I took the time to think of how I was going to approach Loki. He is most likely still upset, which I am too. But I am not going to let some stupid dream stop me from trying to find out what happened. 

The short amount of time I spent with Loki, I could tell that something must have happened to him. Something must of happened in order for Loki to take those people's lives.  With the knowledge gained from Thor, I can take a pretty good guess that something happened when Loki fell from the Bifrost. But what?

I once again packed a bag with a blanket, my sketch book, and this time I am bringing along my earbuds with my phone. I came up with the plan to basically force him to be near me, which will force us to talk to one another.

It's a dangerous plan, but it's all I have at the moment.

Once I make it to the securely locked door keeping everyone away from Loki who is being held inside, I stop. I usually would instantly phase through the door, but I hesitate.

'Don't you dare show your face to me again.'

Loki's words play through my head.

It hurt when he first said them to me and it still hurts thinking about them. But right now, I can't let that stop me from trying to fix this. I take in a deep breathe and slowly let it out. I build up my courage and I then phase through the door, not wanting to wait any longer.

As soon as I enter the room, my eyes land on Loki.

He is sitting in the far corner of the cage, his head looking at the ground. His hair looks like a disheveled mess, most likely from running his fingers through it multiple times. As I look him over I feel the depressing energy in the room suffocating me. Looking at Loki, I know he is the source of this energy.

I wasn't expecting this from him, but seeing him here like this........hurts.

I make my way to the entrance of the cage, my footsteps signaling my arrival. Loki lifts his head up and looks over at me. I finally see his eyes and my breathe catches in my throat. His once bright eyes, are now a dark shade of green and hold only the emotion of pain.

I stop at the entrance of the cage, watching as he stands up. He hides his face from me before he looks back at me with a glare. I don't make a move as I watch him walk towards me.

"The foolish mortal has returned." He laughs.

He has his hands behind his back, keeping a calm composer as he stops in front of me, the glass still being between us. Although his composure appears calm, I know he is anything but. I stare up into his eyes, not flinching as he hits the glass with his fist.

"I told you to never show your face to me again." he sneers.

I try my best to smile, not wanting to show what affect he has on me when he is angry "You should know by now I don't follow orders."

Loki scoffs at my remark and watches closely as I move closer to the glass. My heart pounding in my chest as I build up the courage I need.

Loki smirks "You truly have a death wish."

"The moment you enter here, I will not hesitate to kill you." He states, causing my body to freeze as I look up into his eyes.

Loki laughs at my frozen state "Your fear still controls you. I suppose it's for the better."

I look closely into Loki's eyes, seeing the pain from earlier attempting to be covered with a facade of control. He is just as scared as I am right now, I just don't know what he has to be scared of from me.

I lick my lips "I am not afraid of you." I state before I begin to phase through the glass.

"If you enter here I will kill you!" Loki shouts.

I ignore him as I finish phasing through the glass, not having a second to process what I am doing before I am shoved against the glass. My bag falling to the ground as I wince at the violent action.

Loki holds my arms above my head with one hand as he pushes his body against mine, keeping me pinned against the wall. Loki stares down at me, a wide smirk on his face as his grip on my wrist tightens, causing me to wince. His free hand wraps around my chin and forces me to look up at him.

"I will give you one final chance. Leave and I won't end your miserable life." he threatens.

I look over his face, searching for any sincerity in his words. I bite my tongue before shaking my head, not wanting him to win. Loki's hold on me loosens for a second and I grin, thinking he is coming to reason and will listen to what I have to say.

It is not a second before his grip on me tightens again, worse this time and I whimper at the bruising I know will form on my wrists. I feel his hands turn icy cold and his eyes turn back to the red I saw before. He throws my head to the side with his hand that was once on my chin.

He snarls at me "Your foolishness will be your demise."

I feel his hands turn to a level of cold that is painful, and I bite my bottom lip to keep from crying out. I look above me and see ice begin to trail down my arms, causing them to go numb from the pain.

Loki grabs my chin once more, forcing me to look up at him. I know there are tears brimming my eyes  from the pain making its way slowly down my body. When I look up at Loki, I hold back a gasp as I see his skin has turned blue. It is still easy to recognize him, but his new skin tone is startling at first. His red eyes pop out easily from his new complexion.

"Stop." I mumble to him.

Loki sneers "I am not going to stop. You will die in here by my hand." he whispers to me, his teeth bared. 

I shake my head "You're hurting yourself."

It's the truth.

Right now, Loki's eyes are full of pain, and I can see the tears he is holding hostage. His form is quivering and he can't look me in the eye for more than a few seconds before he looks away from me.

I feel chills cascading down my body from the ice that is slowly encasing me, but it has only reached from my hands to my shoulders. I can still feel Loki's grip on me, and I try to focus on that instead of the painful cold.

"Listen to me for a moment please." I whisper to him, knowing he can hear me.

I look him in the eyes as I speak, not wanting him to escape what I am going to say "I am not afraid of you Loki. A dream does not control how I feel about you, I didn't want to hurt you, but that's exactly what I did. I am so sorry Loki. But while everyone believes you to be this monster that kills the innocent because he finds joy from it. I don't believe that."

I watch Loki's eyes widen before he covers it with a glare.

I continue to speak before he can stop me "I don't see you as a monster. Even now you are trying to scare me away, but I am not going anywhere. I am going to stay right here with you, and I am not going to let anyone hurt you while I am here."

I look across his face carefully for any sign that he will go back to the Loki I know. But he stays the same, with his glare still directed on me, and his already tight hold tightening once more.

"You are my friend Loki. I care about you, and if you really want to kill me, then do it. I'm not going to fight you." I say, not looking away from him as I brace for my life to possibly end.

It's quiet as we stare each other down, Loki's gaze dancing across my face searching for any lies. I watch him grit his teeth as he shuts his eyes tight.

"Idiot!"

Once Loki shouts, the ice breaks and he lets go of me. He moves far away from me, his skin turning back to its pale shade. I fall to my knees and wrap my arms around myself, trying to gain some warmth back into my arms. I look up at Loki to see him starring at me in horror.

He quickly crouches down next to me, removing his coat from his torso and pulling it around me. It gives me a little bit of warmth and I smile at Loki. His eyes are back to their emerald green and it makes me happy to see his entrancing stare.

"There's a blanket in my bag, could you bring it to me?" I ask, my body shaking as I pull his jacket closer to my form.

I watch Loki nod before going to my bag. I close my eyes and take in Loki's scent that is stuck to his jacket. It surprisingly calms me.

I feel warmth as the blanket is cascaded around my form by none other than Loki.

I open my eyes to look up at him and I smile once more "Thank you."

Loki shakes his head "I nearly killed you." he whispers, ignoring my thanks.

"But you didn't." I say casually.

Loki lets out a frustrated sigh "After everything I have done, you continue to come back here. I yell at you, threaten you, and attempt to murder you. Yet....."

I stare up at him "Yet?" I ask, waiting for him to finish his sentence, a smile still gracing my features.

He scans my face before he grabs my hands in his "Yet....you still manage to smile."

His soft words reach my ears, and it causes my smile to widen. Loki grazes his fingers around my wrists, and I wince slightly as the bruises start to appear. I watch as he looks them over, a guilty expression on his face as he admires his handy work.

"I'm alright. Don't worry." I say, trying to lighten the mood.

He looks at me before he raises my wrists to his lips "I'm sorry." he whispers against my skin before he places a gentle kiss on each of my wrists.

The act shocks me, and I can not help the slight blush that spreads across my face. I watch as he wraps his large hands around my smaller ones, his eyes close as he takes in a deep breathe. I watch as a green light appears around my hands, a warm feeling dancing through my veins. The warmth makes its way from my hands to my arms, my shaking soon coming to an end from the feeling.

I let out a sigh of relief as the cold completely leaves me, replaced with a comforting warmth. I watch Loki open his eyes, the light vanishing as well. He looks over my form with a worried expressiom. Once he does not see me shivering anymore, I see the smallest smile gracing his features.

He rubs his thumb over the palm of my hand, his eyes glancing down at his action. I relish in the feeling, not wanting this moment to end.

With the events that had just taken place, I am glad this is what came at the end of them. I honestly didn't know what was going to happen. But I know Loki was scared. I can't say if it was the thought of killing me or that he was showing a side of him he doesn't want others to see.

I could tell from the look in his eyes that he is not proud of his blue form. I had the same look of horror on my face when my power first appeared. A look of not understanding who you are anymore, and the fear of what you are becoming. 

I grab his hand, causing him to look at me. I scoot closer to him until we are sitting in front of each other. I stay silent as I use my fingers to trace his palm. The cooling feeling of his skin sending a gentle shiver through me.

"I suppose my magic can cause some good." he says gently, watching my fingers.

I look up at him through my hair that decided to fall in my face. His face is calm, his eyes watching my fingers closely as I attempt to comfort him.

"Thank you."

He quickly looks down at me, my words catching him off guard. I feel him place his hand over mine, stopping my actions as he looks my face over.

"I don't deserve your kindness." He says as he gets up and moves away from me.

I follow him, pulling his jacket on as I continue to enjoy the scent coming from it. I walk over to him. His back is facing me as he holds his head in his hands. I reach my hand out and place it on his back.

"Everyone deserves kindness Loki. I just think it's been a while since you were last shown some." I say, moving closer to him until I wrap my arms around his torso.

Hugging him, I am able to feel him shaking in my grasp. His hands slide over my arms until he intertwines his fingers with mine. He squeezes my hands tightly as I bury my face in his back.

"You truly are a strange mortal." 

I hear him whisper before he turns in my hold and pulls me close to his chest. I attempt to move my head to look up at his face, but I feel him place a hand over my eyes.

"Don't look at me right now." He whispers, his voice coming out weak.

I nod as I put my head back in his chest, respecting his wishes. I feel him slide down against the wall, and I follow him until we are seated on the floor. I am sat between his legs, his arms wrapped tightly around me and I can feel he is slightly shaking in my grasp. I feel him rest his chin on my head, his hand becoming tangled in my dark locks.

"Let's stay like this for a while." he whispers into my hair.

I smile lightly "Of course." I whisper.

I listen closely to his heart beat, his shaking form holding me tightly. It is only a moment before I feel something land on my cheek. I feel it slide down my face and I instantly recognize the feeling.

'Loki is crying.'

I wrap my arms tightly around Loki, doing my best to comfort him. I remember him telling me that he doesn't cry, but here I am witnessing the God of mischief crying. I don't say anything as I remain still, going along with Loki's wish as I don't look up at his face.

What has Loki gone through that he refused to cry until now?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

206K 7.4K 27
CURRENTLY BEING EDITED "Take a good look at me now. Do you still recognize me? Am I so different inside? This world is trying to change me, and I adm...
279K 9.2K 42
"(Y/n)." (Y/n)'s surroundings changed. She was in the Asgard throne room, Loki in front of her. "(Y/n) you must leave Thor, so that you may come home...
180K 5.1K 33
My blessings became my curse. My beauty became my fear ---------------------- Azul is a protector of Asgard, and a goddess of nature. She is well kno...
573K 21.8K 78
"Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." "Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my head, and 'super villain who just attacke...