Haikyuu!! x Male Reader

By Team_Kuroo

This is the story of how [F/N] [L/N] learns to play his favorite sport for himself instead of his parents, an... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Breaking Point
Chapter 2 - First Day
Chapter 3 - Meeting Karasuno Volleyball Team
Chapter 4 - First Practice
Chapter 5 - Training Camp
Info Chapter
Chapter 7 - Preparation
Chapter 8 - After Practice
Some Questions For You Guys
Chapter 9 - The Sleepover
Chapter 10 - The Morning After
Chapter 11 - Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 12 - First night in Tokyo
Chapter 13 - Sleepy mornings

Chapter 6 - Practice Match

10.7K 387 226
By Team_Kuroo

WARNING: there is quite a bit of sin in this chapter, so if you don't like that kinda stuff then just don't read!

Today was the day of the practice match. Although [F/N] wasn't part of the starting line up, he was determined to win. As well as get revenge on a certain bed headed captain.
   After playing volleyball for many years, [F/N] was used to pregame nerves. But this time, he was instead filled with excitement and a desire to be on that court.
   Soon the game started and [F/N] watched eagerly from the sidelines. It was a rather new experience for him, since he'd been the ace for all his past teams and often spent the most time on the court. This is what I get for quitting and joining late thought [F/N] with a hint of annoyance at his past actions. But he was quickly snapped back to real life at the sound of cheering and gasps.
   Looking up, he saw Hinata standing triumphantly next Kageyama and from the shocked expressions of the other team, it was easy to guess that the freak duo had just used their quick. This gave Karasuno a lead of 1-0. As [F/N] studied the court his eyes fell to one of the Nekoma players.
   It was the boy Hinata had been talking to earlier, if he remembered right his name was Kenma. Upon first glance, it had been a mystery to [F/N] what position he could possibly play. But now he realized, that Kenma was the setter and a very valuable player.
   As he watched, Kenma turned to Kuroo and muttered something in his ear. The captain nodded and called over another player. This one had brown hair that was all spiked up. It greatly resembled a hedgehog.
   Once the next play started, [F/N] made sure to keep an eye on this new hedgehog guy. Soon enough the ball was passed to Kageyama who set it and Hinata rushed forward to spike. Only a second later hedgehog guy jumped up to block him, but it was too late.
   Although the Nekoma middle blocker had failed to shut out Hinata's spike that time, he soon adjusted to Hinata's speed. Before long hedgehog guy was starting to block everything the orange haired player hit. [F/N] could see that Hinata was getting frustrated and slightly prayed that he'd be able to work around this.
   Everyone watched as the freak duo attempted another quick. But this time something was different. Hinata managed to not get blocked by hitting around hedgehog guy. [F/N] smiled when he realized Hinata had just learned how to change his spike path in midair.
    However it was too late, Nekoma soon claimed victory over the first set and Kuroo flashed a smug smile towards [F/N], who was now itching to be on the court. Coach Ukai seemed to notice this and put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, you can go in soon" he said reassuringly.
   But for now, [F/N] was stuck watching on the side lines as the teams battled. They stayed even on the score for a while, every time one team scored, the other would quickly even things out with another point. As Karasuno started to slip behind, Coach Ukai suddenly called for Hinata to swap out with [F/N].
   Enthralled, the extra player jogged onto the court and got ready. Once again Nekoma served and Noya received perfectly, the ball arching towards Kageyama. "KAGEYAMA" shouted [F/N] as the other boy got ready to set the ball. They made eye contact for a split second before Kageyama set the ball quickly to the wing spiker. Running forward, [F/N] jumped high and got ready to hit.
   Out of nowhere, hands loomed up to block him and [F/N] caught a glimpse of Kuroo's smug face. But with a smirk of his own, the wing spiker made contact with the ball and slammed it right through the block. Landing back on the ground, he felt a sense of satisfaction at Kuroo's shocked expression.
   "THAT WAS AWESOME [N/N]!!"' shouted Noya as he ran forward to high five him. [F/N] smiled and smacked hands with all his teammates. With his help, Karasuno was soon tied once again with Nekoma. It was 23-23. They were so close to victory, [F/N] could practically taste it. But his heart sank a little as one of his teammates flubbed a serve. Now it was 24-23.
C'mon we can do this thought [F/N] as he watched Kuroo get ready to serve. Glancing behind him, he suddenly realized that Tsukishima was in the back row. And well.... his receives weren't the best. Just as he'd expected, Kuroo served straight at Tsukishima who wasn't able to redirect the serve, sending it flying off.
   The Nekoma players erupted into cheers of triumph as they claimed victory with a score of 25-23. Instead of wilting with defeat, the Karasuno players looked like they were out for blood. "We're gonna crush those guys next time" growled Tanaka while he glared across at their ace.
   Walking up to the other first years, [F/N] smiled and said to Hinata "hey you did really good and you didn't even throw up this time!". The short middle blocker grinned brightly as he said "thanks [N/N], you t- wait how'd you know I threw up last time?!".
   "This guy told me," answered [F/N] with a laugh as he slung an arm around Kageyama's shoulders. "Thanks for those awesome sets by the way" the wing spiker added on as Kageyama stared at the floor. "Yah yah" responded the grumpy setter while removing [F/N]'s arms from around his neck. "I'm going to get some milk."
   As Hinata ran off to follow and pester Kageyama, [F/N] turned to face the other two first years. Yamaguchi shot him a hesitant smile while Tsukishima just rolled his eyes. "You guys played pretty good today as well" he said in an attempt to be nice. The freckled boy's voice shook a little as he said "thank you! You too!". Acting uninterested and arrogant as always, Tsukishima replied with a bored "whatever".
   This irked [F/N] who said "although you could use some work on your receives string bean". Tsukishima opened his mouth to respond but he'd already walked off.

   "[N/N] sure is interesting"

   "Shut up Yamaguchi"

   "Sorry Tsukki"

   Stomach growling, [F/N] set off in search of a vending machine. As he wandered the halls looking for one, the wing spiker tried to forget the look that had been on Kuroo's face when they won. The bed headed captain had looked unbearably smug.
   Shaking his head to clear it, [F/N] soon found a vending machine and began fumbling around in his pockets to look for some coins. But there wasn't even a single penny. "Dammit."
   "Better watch your language [L/N]" purred a voice from behind him. Turning around in surprise, [F/N] came face to face with Kuroo. "Ha like your any better" he replied sarcastically, making the cat like male grin evilly as he said "true".
   Kuroo watched as [F/N] got on his hands and knees while beginning to feel around under the vending machine for coins. "What are you doing" asked the bed headed teenager curiously. "I'm searching for coins obviously" the other boy responded with a grunt.
   Suddenly a dollar bill was waved in front of [F/N]'s face. But before he could grab it, it was pulled out of his reach. Getting off the floor, the wing spiker narrowed his eyes at Kuroo who was waving around the money. "Do you want this" he purred deviously.
   "Yah I do" responded [F/N] as he made another attempt to grab it. But Kuroo teasingly held it above his head so that he would have to jump to reach it. However [F/N] refused to jump and beg like a dog. "C'mon man, I'll pay you back later and I'm starving" said the hungry teen as he glared at Kuroo.
   "I'll give it to you if you give me a kiss in return" said the cat like male with a smirk. Arching one eyebrow daringly, [F/N] said "alright fine".
   Then he grabbed the front of Kuroo's shirt and pulled him down to connect their lips. The Nekoma captain was surprised and hadn't expected [F/N] to agree so easily but he sure wasn't complaining. For a moment they stood like that, lips moving together fiercely. Kuroo had expected that kissing him would be slow and gentle like kissing a girl was. But instead it was hard and fast, the same way [F/N] played volleyball. And it was amazing.
   Finally they broke apart and [F/N] snatched the dollar bill from the captains grasp. "Thanks" he said before punching some buttons on the vending machine and feeding in the money. But before he could grab his drink Kuroo suddenly turned him around and pinned him to the wall.
   Having never kissed a guy like this before, [F/N] wasn't used to being dominated and he didn't like it. So with a scowl he grabbed Kuroo's shoulders and pushed him backwards. However instead of just shoving him way like the captain thought he was going to, [F/N] backed him into the wall on the other side of the hallway.
   "Someone's eager" said Kuroo smugly as he gazed at the other boy. "Oh shut up" said [F/N] before kissing him. He soon tangled his hands into Kuroo's awful bed head. The other boys hands made their way to his hips and stuck a few long fingers under his shirt, which massaged the soft skin there.
   Moving his lips down to [F/N] neck, Kuroo began to bite and suck on the tender skin, which bruised easily. The wing spiker bit his lip to hold in a moan that threatened to escape. He refused to give Kuroo the satisfaction of hearing him moan like a girl. However he didn't resist as Kuroo pulled down the collar of his shirt slightly to get more access.
   It eventually occurred to [F/N] that he was going to have to explain these hickeys to his teammates later. But at the moment he simply didn't give a fuck. Soon [F/N] moved Kuroo's lips back up to his own. Determined to dominate the kiss, he tugged on the cat like males hair, making him half gasp half moan. He took this as an opportunity to run his tongue along the inside of Kuroo's mouth.
   Then to the others surprise he suddenly bit down on Kuroo's lip. The taste of metallic blood filled both their mouths but the captain sure as hell wasn't complaining. Honestly [F/N] could do whatever he wanted to him and he wouldn't mind.
   Soon Kuroo decided that he wanted to have the upper hand. So knowing perfectly well what effect this would have on the other boy, he wedged a leg between [F/N]'s own long legs. The wing spiker let out a small grunt in response as he kissed Kuroo with even more force then before.
   Finally the two broke apart, panting slightly. "Hey we should get back to the others" said [F/N] as he stepped away from Kuroo, straightening his clothes. The bed headed male nodded and ran a hand through his hair. "It is obvious that I just had the best make out session of my life or nah" he asked flirtatiously. "Well considering your hair always looks like that no, but that stiffy says otherwise" responded [F/N] smugly.
   Kuroo laughed and said "well let's just say you don't look much better yourself". Grabbing his snack from the vending machine, [F/N] rolled his eyes and said "yah yah, let's get going".
   After reuniting with his team, [F/N] changed into his black track suit like the others had. Luckily the collar on the jacket mostly hid all the hickeys littering his neck. "Hey [N/N] where were you?" asked Noya as he approached the wing spiker. Curiously Asahi followed behind him as well.
   "Oh I was just looking for a vending machine and I got lost for a little while" responded [F/N] as he unconsciously tugged at the collar of his jacket. "Haha okay man" said Noya with a laugh that the other boy returned. Soon [F/N] wandered off to talk to some of Nekoma players, leaving Noya and Asahi to stare at the small bruises all over his neck.

   "Did you see those?"

   "Yep"

   That evening on the bus ride back to Tokyo, all of the Nekoma players were talking loudly. "What'd you guys think of [L/N]?" asked Inuoka curiously.
   "I talked to him a bit after the match and he seems like a pretty cool guy" responded Yaku honestly. Yamamoto nodded his head in agreement and said "hell yah he is! We even exchanged phone numbers."
   This caught Kuroos attention and he said "what? How'd you get his number". Laughing at the irritated look on Kuroos face, Yamamoto said "he just gave it to me".
   "Well give it to me" demanded Kuroo while holding out his phone for Yamamoto to type the number into. "Why should I?" asked the ace indignantly. "Cause I'm the one that ma- never mind, just give it to me before I make you run laps for an hour" said Kuroo in annoyance. Shooting the captain a curios look, Yamamoto finally gave him the number.
   Meanwhile [F/N] slept soundly on the Karasuno bus, drooling all over Ennoshita's shoulder. Completely unaware that he was the topic of someone's conversation.

Hey Hey Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter bc I sure fucking did lol. Anyway I just wanna day tysm for over 30 votes!! It's means so much to me!! I might sorta do an info page for the next chapter btw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1.2K 17
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
35K 409 41
"We are just friends!", "You sure about that?"
1.4M 41.8K 52
It only took one night to completely change my life. Jace Hetcher is a rich badboy and a total player. Now I, Chrysanthemum Everston, am having his b...
139K 3K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...