Fools (Loki)

By Zodiac_Cat

Dylan Banner is the nineteen year old daughter of Bruce Banner. After moving around her whole life S.H.I.E.L... More

Author's Note
I Stalked You
Munchkin
Charming
Puppy Dog Eyes For The Win
He Really Is Loki's Brother
You're Hurting Yourself
Say Mercy
Friends Don't Suck Face
Let Me Be Selfish
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me Dad?
I Wanted To Be A Playwright
Tell Me The Truth
It's Time Love
Until Next Time
Oh What The Hell
Author's Note

One Night Couldn't Hurt, Right?

1K 34 10
By Zodiac_Cat

I quietly made my way down the hall, making sure nobody spotted me. I luckily hadn't bumped into anybody during my small journey. When I reached the hall that leads to Loki's holding cell, I could see my dad and Tony still working on the scepter.

I was extra careful for them not to see me. Luckily they are both huge nerds and are too invested in their work to take any notice of me. I notice how tired they both look, and I silently wish for them to go to bed soon.

I smile in victory as I reach the heavily armored door. I simply phase through the door and look into the cell. The lights were still on in the room, and Loki is sat on the floor with his back resting against the wall. This time he is facing me instead of his back greeting me.

I don't think I can ever get use to seeing him in a cage. It's so late and it's a bit cruel to leave these bright lights on when people are usually asleep by this time.

I realize his eyes are closed as I walk closer to the cage.

I phase through the wall, making sure to be quiet so I don't wake him from his peaceful state. Once I enter the cage I walk towards Loki so I am standing in front of him. His face is peaceful as he sleeps, his breathes are steady as his chest rises and lowers slowly.

I can't help but notice that when Loki is in a peaceful state, he reaches a new level of beauty.

I set my book bag down and pull out the blanket I had packed. It was one of those fuzzy soft ones. Once I pull it out, I unfold it and take it into my arms. I look over at Loki as I remember his cold fingers.

I stay quiet as I open up the blanket, going as far as to hold my breathe as I start to place it over Loki's form. Right as I let go, I feel a familiar cold touch grab a hold of my wrist.

I look up and I am met with the same pair of green eyes that have been stuck in my mind.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his grip on my wrist tight, but not enough to actually do any harm, so I don't attempt to phase through his touch.

I smile at him "I was giving you a blanket. Your hands are cold so I thought a blanket might help." I explain, his grip loosening slightly.

He lets out a sigh before he brings his hand back to his side "Why would a mortal worry about a monster?" he questions me.

I give him a confused look "I don't know about a monster, but it's just common decency to worry about others when they are cold." I say honestly.

I reach back for my book bag and pull out the two pillows. I hand one to Loki and set the second one next to him for me to sit on. I pull out my sketchbook and take my seat next to him. I feel a bit cold myself, and take my chance to scoot under the blanket with him. I don't hear him complain, so I settle as I make myself comfortable.

I open up my sketchbook, and resume a sketch I started in my room before I grew bored.

"What is that?" Loki questions next to me.

I look at him to see he is staring at my drawing. His eyes follow my line work, his eyebrows scrunched together as he tries to desifer my drawing. It isn't done yet, it's still a mess of scribbles, but once I draw the main features it will look like what it is suppose to.

"It's suppose to be a wolf." I admit, not too impressed with my own drawing.

Loki scrunches his face "What species of wolves have you seen?"

I pout "I'm not done yet. It's just a quick sketch. Once I am done then it will look like a wolf."

I pick up my pencil and start working on the texture of the fur. As I am drawing I feel a light weight on my left shoulder. I look over and see Loki resting his head on my shoulder.

He looks up at me once I stop drawing "Is there a problem?"

I shake my head before he grunts "Then continue."

He looks away from me and back to my drawing. I proceed to draw the fur again, trying to calm my racing heart. I know my cheeks are probably red, but I try to ignore the fact that Loki is this close to me as I try to lose myself in my drawing.

After a while of me drawing I hear Loki let out a sigh next to me before he lifts his head up. I stop drawing and look over to him "What's wrong?"

"This has become tedious." he states.

I close my sketchbook and turn my body to face him "I have an idea, how about we ask each other questions?"

Loki scoffs "Is this how you plan on getting information out of me?" he accuses me.

I quickly shake my head "No, the questions can be random things like favorite food and things like that. I won't ask anything related to you being here if that makes you feel better."

Loki remains quiet, not looking at me.

"I'm just really curious about you, but you can ask me questions too. That's the whole point of it." I explain.

Loki glances at me before sighing "Very well, I will play your game. What are the rules?"

I smile "You ask me a question, then I ask you a question, and we just do that back and forth."

"Nothing related to me being here on Midgard correct?" he asks.

I raise an eyebrow "Midgarth?"

Loki sighs "Midgard. I believe you mortals call this place Earth."

"Oh! I didn't think you would have a different name for it other than Earth. That's interesting." I say happily.

Loki smirks "That was your question, now it's my turn. I will warn you that I am able to tell when one is lying, so don't even think about trying to trick me." he states.

My eyes widen at his last statement "Can you really do that?" I ask.

He lifts his finger and presses it over my lips "You asked your question already. It is now my turn. Don't break the rules to your own game." 

I roll my eyes before letting out a sigh and I wait for his question. I notice the smirk playing on his lips as he draws his finger back. 

Loki looks me up and down before asking his question "Why did you come back?"

I tilt my head "Really? Um....I guess because you looked lonely."

I answer him simply and honestly. I watch him scan my face before his eyes widen slightly. I am barely able to notice this before his eyes go back to normal.

He scoffs "Lonely? I enjoy being alone." he states, not looking me in the eyes.

"If I am not aloud to lie, then you can't either." I state.

He lets out an amused chuckle "Telling the God of lies not to do what he was bred for. Interesting."

I shrug my shoulders "It's only fair."

I bring my knees to my chest before asking my question "What do you like to do? Besides taking over the world." I say teasingly.

Loki scoffs at my last statement, he leans against the wall as he looks across from us.

"When I was little my mother taught me sorcery, I became quite good at it. I always wanted to continue learning more and improve my skills. So I read a lot, but after reading spell books I found literature I enjoyed. Not only did I increase my knowledge in magic, but I learned more about the nine realms than most beings could ever imagine. Of course I enjoy a harmless joke every now and again." he explains.

My eyes grew wide as he spoke. It was fun to imagine a tiny Loki practicing spells with his mother. I wanted to see it for myself, but I doubt they have cameras where Loki comes from.

Loki looks over at me and sees me smiling "Well, my turn then. You claimed your father is on this dreadful ship. Who is the man that raised such a foolish mortal?"

I bite my bottom lip before answering, not noticing Loki staring at my action " His name is Bruce Banner. Most people know him as the Hulk." I answer hesitantly.

Loki's eyes widen "You're the daughter of that dull creature. Here I thought he was too scared to procreate."

I shrug my shoulders "It wasn't a matter of he was too scared, he just didn't plan on having a kid in the first place. He thought after the whole gamma accident, he wouldn't of been able to have kids. Then I was born and put that whole theory to shit. Apparently gamma radiation can't be passed down, so I wasn't born with a Hulk inside of me."

Loki raises an eyebrow "You're a bastard child?"

I slightly glare at him "Don't call me that."

My voice came out with a little too much attitude for my liking.

Loki took notice of this as I lower my head "I'm sorry, I just hate that word. When I went to school, I saw parents pick up their kids from school. My dad was usually late, so I would be the last kid there before my dad would pick me up."

"Then your mother should of gotten you." I hear him mumble under his breathe.

I let out a disheartened chuckle "It's not that simple. As parents picked up their kids, I could hear them mumbling under their breathes. They would call me a bastard child, not thinking I was able to hear them. Everyone in my old town knows about my dad and I. Including the fact that I don't have a mother." I mumble the last part, not wanting to bring attention to it.

I clear my throat before placing a smile onto my face and fully facing Loki again "Anyways, back to the game." 

I always try to avoid talking about my dad, due to rumors that wold spread and because of bullying when I was younger. But Loki is locked up here, there isn't anyone he can really tell. So I am not as nervous about opening up to him. This feels kind of therapeutic. 

I look at Loki "Alright, what's your mom like?"

I was raised without a mother. I didn't turn that screwed up, so what kind of mother does Loki have that raised him to try to take over the world.

Loki stares at me before his eyes go distant "My mother is a very kind women. While Odin would be busy preparing my brother Thor for the throne, my mother would spend time with me. She taught me everything I know. She taught me magic, and how to be a great ruler. Her name is Frigga. She is the true definition of what a queen should be."

I smile "She sounds amazing."

Loki nods "She is."

"So who's Odin?" I ask him.

He gives me a side eye that makes me feel dumb "You have no knowledge of Gods do you?"

I let out a nervous chuckle "I was more of a Greek mythology fan." I admit to him, hearing him soon sigh.

"Merely fictional characters. Nothing worthy to worship." I hear him say, a sneer on his face.

I gulp "Then tell me who Odin is, so I can learn."

I watch him let out a sigh before he answers me "Listen well midgardian. Odin is the ruler of the nine realms, the king of Asgard, husband of Frigga, and Father of Thor-"

"Wait!" I sit up as I interrupt Loki, an annoyed look making its way to his face.

I lean closer to him "You said Thor is your brother, and Frigga is your mother. That makes Odin your father. He's also a king so you'r a-"

"A prince of Asgard." he finishes for me.

I smile brightly "Wow, you're a real life prince." I say amazed as I look him over.

He gives me a strange look "Have you never laid eyes on a prince before?"

I shake my head "I've only seen princes in movies and books. Do you have any idea how many kids dream of marrying a prince one day?"

He lets a smirk grace is features once more "Yes. While on Asgard there were many families wanting to marry off their children to Thor and I."

I waggle my eyebrows "Ooooh! Loki has a girlfriend."

He scoffs at me teasing "You are very childish." he states.

"I have no one special to me. All of those women were only interested because of the throne, and the thought of a comfy life." he explains.

I frown "That's horrible." I state.

Loki stares quizzically at me "How so?"

I let out a defeated sigh at his question "How is it not? I can understand wanting to live a comfy life, but wouldn't you rather share a life with someone you love, instead of a complete stranger? I can't imagine marrying someone I don't love. That just seems so sad and lonely. Being stuck with someone for the fact of money and not because you make each other happy. I would rather be poor and struggling through life with the one I love than be in a palace with all the riches in the world with a stranger by my side."

Once I finish I look up at Loki "Would you truly be happy marrying someone you don't love?"

He goes quiet as he stares down at me, his eyes swirling in the mixes of green as he thinks over my question. I know I was probably rambling, but the idea of two people being together for money disgusts me.

"I suppose not." he answers me, causing my lips to turn up into a smile.

He quickly clears his throat "You said children dream of marrying a prince. Were you one of those children?" 

I'm a little shocked by his question but I happily answer it "I was. When I was little I loved this movie called 'Beauty and the Beast'. Well the beast in the end turns into a prince after the girl confesses her love for him. She loved him despite his monstrous appearance. After watching it for the first time, I promised to love someone for who they are, and not for what they are."

"I'm unsure if I should call you foolish or kind." he says to me.

I laugh "Both is fine. But I kind of grew out of the whole wanting to marry a prince phase. Now most princes are designed to be romantic, charming, and just very flirty. They try to make them perfect, but the thing is that nobody is perfect. Everyone has flaws or things they hate about themselves. I would rather be with someone I can easily talk to and is like a friend as well as the person I love. You know what I mean?"

I stopped looking at Loki and I almost expected him to no longer be listening to me, but when I turn my head to look at him, he is still seated as he listens intently to my rambling.

"I do." he says to me, his eyes looking down at his hands.

I watch his fingers mess with his left hand. His fingers tracing his palm before he looks back down at me.

He clears his throat, trying to catch my full attention "Now then, you mentioned your mother earlier. You said you don't have one. Why?"

My heart stops for a second, and my hands shake slightly. I look away from Loki and down at my hands. I stay quiet as I mess with the ends of my sleeves. I take in a deep breathe before I shut my eyes tight.

"She left." I admit aloud for the first time in nineteen years.

I had always lied to kids when they asked about my mom. I told them she worked a lot, or that she was very kind, and that she loved me. I wanted to fit in with the others. They all had mothers, so I pretended to have one too. But their parents knew the truth, so their kids would eventually stop playing with me after some time.

I open my eyes and look at Loki "After my dad's accident he met a girl. They went on a few dates and nine months later I arrived. After I was born she left my dad and I."

I clench my hands into fists "I have never met her, and I don't ever want to. She completely rejected me the moment I was born, and she broke my dad's heart. She left and didn't even tell us why. She left a man she claimed to love, and their useless daughter the second I was born."

I felt a cold touch to my cheek and recognize it instantly as the touch of Loki. I closed my eyes, not realizing a few stray tears had gotten loose. I was almost expecting him to call me weak or make fun of me. But instead he wipes away my tears.

When I open up my eyes again I see Loki staring at me. His hand moves a piece of stray hair out of my face as he looks me in the eyes. I don't look away from him as he keeps his hand against my cheek. I can't help but lean into his cool touch, it gives me some sort of comfort.

We stay silent, as we look at each other. 

Loki slowly starts to move his face closer to mine. If I didn't know any better I would think he is going to kiss me. But I know better. Right?

Loki leaves a small kiss on my forehead and he whispers "She doesn't deserve you as a daughter."

That did it for me.

I lean forward and wrap my arms around him. I can feel him tense up slightly as I bury my face in his chest. I start crying, and I can't bring myself to stop.

The last time I cried was when my pet goldfish died when I was seven. I cried for two days, and I wouldn't leave my dad alone. He held me for so many hours to try to get me to calm down. I didn't realize it at the time, but me crying, it was a burden on my dad. He would drop everything he was doing just so he could deal with whatever had upset me. 

I know my dad is still upset about what happened when my so called mother left us. He will never admit it, but he doesn't have to. He was hurt worse than me, he actually knew her and he loved her. Meanwhile, I just hear a story about her now and again. I never had a connection with her, I don't get to have the unbreaking bond between mother and child.

So when I was seven, I promised not to cry ever again. At least not in front of others, I wouldn't let anyone find out. Until now.

I feel Loki wrap the blanket tighter around us, and position us so we are laying down on the pillows. He doesn't yell at me to get off of him, instead he holds me close to his chest. I feel him petting my hair as he hums softly into my ear.

I wasn't expecting any of this to happen. I just wanted to become closer to Loki, not cry into his chest. The world works in strange ways I suppose.

As I cry I slowly start to calm down, Loki's smell of pine and mint making it easier for me to breathe once more. His humming giving me something to listen to, and his touch giving me something to focus on.

Loki pulls back slightly to look down at my tear stained face. He uses his thumbs to wipe my cheeks once more. I look up at  him and give him a small smile, trying to convince him and myself that I am alright. I wasn't expecting him to smile back down at me, but you should always expect the unexpected, because that's exactly what he did.

Every time I see Loki smile, it is either not genuine, or it is a smirk. But this is a genuine smile. I do my best to memorize this moment, but that just causes me to realize what is happening.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"For what my dear. You didn't do anything wrong." he says calmly, brushing my hair with his slender fingers.

I sniffle "I must seem pretty stupid for crying."

He scrunches his eyebrows together "You are merely human, you cry. Apparently it's better for mortals to let their feelings out rather than keep them bottled up inside."

"You don't cry?" I ask.

Loki shakes his head "Not since I was little. Whenever I cried my mother would hold me, pet my hair, and hum a melody to calm me down. It seems to still work." He smirks at the end as he looks down at me.

I set my head back on his chest. I hide the slight blush on my cheeks from his view. I can't help but enjoy the comforting feeling of his fingers brushing through my hair. But I know I can't stay here forever.

"Loki." I whisper.

"Hmm?"

"I have to leave soon." I tell him, not looking up at his face. I already hate myself for saying the words, but I know I can't stay here much longer.

I felt his grip on me tighten as he stops playing with my hair. I move my head to look up at him, immediately meeting his intense gaze.

"This is the second time you've done this." I say to him.

"Done what?" he asks innocently.

I smile slightly at this "Whenever I say I need to leave, you tighten your hold on me. But you know I can easily get out of your grasp."

This causes him to scowl at me "But you won't." he states.

I sigh as I lay my head onto his chest again "No, I won't." I admit.

I can hear his heartbeat drumming in his chest. I'll have to tell dad some time that this dangerous man does in fact have a heart.

"It's my turn to ask a question." I say to him, knowing he is listening.

"Why do you want me to stay so badly?" I ask curiously.

I feel Loki's chest rise as he lets out a huff of air "You already know the answer to that. You mortals aren't as clueless as I first suspected."

I look back up at him "Gee thanks. But I mean, why me? What if it was Steve or Tony trying to talk to you instead of me?"

Loki scowls "That man out of time would have his entrails hung from the ceiling, and that man of iron would be crushed into the ground."

I roll my eyes as I put my arms on his chest and rest my head on top of them "Then what makes me different?"

Loki remains silent as he looks at me then up at the ceiling. I wait patiently as he starts playing with my hair again. I didn't understand at first why everyone made a big deal about boys playing with your hair, but now, I definitely get it.

"I don't know why." Loki answers.

Loki looks at me "Maybe because I am bored and you are interesting. Maybe because you were the only foolish mortal to actually enter a place I could get my hold on you. Or maybe, I just needed someone to toy with. Who knows why."

I nod my head "When I first saw you, I wasn't expecting this current situation to happen. But I'm not complaining." I mumble as I let out a small yawn.

I sigh "But what I do know, is that I need to leave before I get caught."

Once again Loki tightens his grip on me, causing me to laugh at his childishness.

"I thought you had forgotten about that insignificant little detail." He says with a small scowl.

I roll my eyes "As much as I would love to stay like this all night, I do want to live to see my twentieth birthday."

Loki smirks "So you're nineteen."

I nod "Yup, how old are you?"

"1,048." he answers simply.

My mouth drops open "Wow, you're old."

Loki raises his eyebrows "And you're very young. Practically an infant."

I stick my tongue out at him "Well this infant needs to go."

"Stay for a while longer. You said you would love to stay like this, so do it." he says simply.

"The idea is tempting." I admit.

Loki smirks at me "Give into temptation, and stay here."

A small shiver runs down my spine from the way Loki is looking at me. I am really tired, and I am very comfy right now. One night couldn't hurt, right?

"Alright." I say before resting my head against Loki's chest and listening to his heartbeat.

I could only imagine the expression Loki gave to my response as I close my eyes. His grip on me loosens slightly as he pulls the blanket up to my chin, and he begins playing with my hair again.

I know my dad would kill me if he saw me right now. But I am not doing anything wrong, I am just hanging out with a friend. A friend I am for some reason really comfortable around, despite the claims against him.

"Goodnight Loki." I whisper.

"Sweet dreams my dear." he whispers to me as sleep overtakes me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 604 33
"Lia, I have always given you what you wanted. This is the first time I want something from you. Can't you just do that for me?" "Alright Tony. I'll...
673 47 22
Paige Stark has been raised by her aunt Pepper and Tony Stark since the death of her parents at a young age. She is no stranger to the excitement an...
880 31 19
When an oddball, white-haired, teenage girl finds herself as a new Avenger with a mission that takes her to the realm of the gods, she thinks it'll b...
573K 21.8K 78
"Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." "Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my head, and 'super villain who just attacke...