In The Shadows² ★ Draco Malfoy

Per Englandbabe

"Why do you enjoy annoying me so much?" Briar Lupin was sent away by her father to live as a muggle until she... Més

New Story
THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
*Getting the Letter
*September 1st
*Sorted
*Outsmarted
*Enemies of the what?
*Match
*Professor McGonagall
*The boy who lived and the girl who was left
*Holidays
*Ginny...
*You can't cancel quidditch
*Taken
*Dad
*Happy birthday
*Summer before 2nd
PRISONER OF AZKABAN
*Dementors on the train
*Quidditch
*Sirius Black
*Animagi
*Saving Harry (P1)
*Saving Harry (P2)
*Snape don't!
*Saving Sirius
*Return Home
*The Weasleys
GOBLET OF FIRE
*Quidditch World Cup
*Death Eater attack
*Hogwarts Express
*Back to school
*Arrivals
*Champions
*Possibly one day
*Yule Ball
*A Marauder's Christmas
*Second Task
*Snivellus
*Snuffles
*Third task
*End of Third Year
*The Order of the Phoenix
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
*Everything's different
*The Truth
*The Original Order of the Phoenix
*Professor Umbridge
*The DA
*Dumbledore's warning
*The Room of Requirement
*Attack at the Ministry
*Busted
*The Marauders
*Give her hell
*Department of Mysteries
*A better year
HALF BLOOD PRINCE
*O.W.L results
*Something's wrong
*Slug Club
*Leave me alone
*Lions vs Snakes
*Transformation
*Slughorn's party
*Merry Christmas
*Draco finally talks
*Sectumsempra
*The Attack
*One wedding and a funeral
DEATHY HALLOWS 1
*Seven Harrys
*Weasley Wedding
*R.A.B
*Ministry Hag
*Break in at the Ministry
*Gregorovitch
*Godric's Hollow
*Look who's back
*Xenophilius
*Snatched
*Malfoy Manor
DEATHLY HALLOWS 2
*Shell Cottage
*Teddy
*Hogwarts
*And so it begins
*Rowena Ravenclaw
*Snape's Memory
*The End
*A New Day
AFTER HOGWARTS
*1 month later
*2 months later
*3 months later
*4 months later
1 MILLION

*Let's go

16.7K 409 766
Per Englandbabe

Briar was relieved to finish her potions O.W.L and she thought it had gone really well, so now she was hoping to get through the rest of the year easily. But when Harry pulled her out of the common room one day, she knew it would be anything but that

Hermione and Ron were waiting for them and Harry pulled them along with him into an empty classroom

"Voldemort's got Sirius." He said 

"What?"

"How d'you -?" 

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam."

"But - but where? How?" said Hermione

"I dunno how," said Harry. "But I know exactly where. There's aroom in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in theselittle glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven...He'strying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there...He's torturing him...Says he'll end by killing him..." Harry took a deep breath to steady his nerves "How're we going to get there?" he asked them. 

"G-get there?" Ron asked 

"Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry said loudly.

"I know the way," Briar said and the others looked confused "Order" she explained simply

"Think about this," Hermione said "It's five o'clock in the afternoon...The Ministry ofMagic must be full of workers. How would Voldemort and Siriushave got in without being seen? They're probably the twomost wanted wizards in the world...You think they could get intoa building full of Aurors undetected?" 

"I dunno, Voldemort used an Invisibility Cloak or something!" Harry shouted. "Anyway, the Department of Mysteries has alwaysbeen completely empty whenever I've been -" 

"You've never been there, Harry," said Hermione "You'vedreamed about the place, that's all." 

"They're not normal dreams!" Harry shouted "How d'you explain Ron's dad then, what was all that about, howcome I knew what had happened to him?" 

"He's got a point," said Ron quietly

"But this is just - just so unlikely!" said Hermione desperately. "Harry, how on earth could Voldemort have got hold of Sirius whenhe's been in Grimmauld Place all the time? And why on earth would Voldemortwant to use Sirius to get the weapon, or whatever the thing is?"

"He knows," Briar said "He must know something about the Order"

"Look, I'm sorry," cried Hermione, "but none of you are makingsense, and we've got no proof for any of this, no proof Voldemort andSirius are even there -" 

"Hermione, Harry's seen them!" said Ron

"Okay," she said, looking frightened yet determined, "I've just gotto say this..."

"What?" 

"You...This isn't a criticism, Harry! But you do...sort of...Imean - don't you think you've got a bit of a - a - saving-people thing?" she said. 

He glared at her. "And what's that supposed to mean, a 'saving-people thing'?" 

"Well...you...Imean...last year, for instance...in the lake...during the Tournament...you shouldn't have...I mean, you didn't need to save thatlittle Delacour girl...You got a bit...carried away...I mean, it was really great of you and everything," saidHermione quickly "Everyone thought it was a wonderful thing to do -"

"It doesn't matter!" Briar shouted "They've taken McGonagall to St. Mungo's, there isn't anyoneleft from the Order at Hogwarts who we can tell, and if we don't go,Sirius is dead! He's the only family Harry has left and half of my only family! Me and Harry are going okay!"

"But what if it's just a dream?" Hermione shouted "Dumbledore wanted you to learn to shut these things out of your mind, ifyou'd done Occlumency properly you'd never have seen this -" 

"IF YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO ACT LIKE IHAVEN'T SEEN -"

"Sirius told you there was nothing more important than you learning to close your mind!" 

"WELL, I EXPECT HE'D SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT IFHE KNEW WHAT I'D JUST -"

The classroom door opened and Ginny walked in, looking curious, followed by Luna "Hi," said Ginny uncertainly. "We recognised Harry's voice - what are you yelling about?"

"Harry, they can help." Briar said to him before he could tell her to go away 

"WE HAVE TO CHECK FIRST!" Hermione screamed

"How?" Harry scoffed

"We'll have to use Umbridge's fire and see if we can contact him," said Hermione, who looked positively terrified at the thought. "We'lldraw Umbridge away again, but we'll need lookouts, and that's wherewe can use Ginny and Luna." 

Though clearly struggling to understand what was going on, Ginnysaid immediately,  "Yeah, we'll do it," 

The group were quick to devise a plan of action, and they split off to carry it out. Ron, Luna, Ginny, and Briar were in charge of the distractions while Harry and Hermione would sneak into Umbridge's office

Their plan seemed to be successful until Crabbe, Warrington, Malfoy, and Goyle found them. Unfortunately they were all much bigger.

Warrington grabbed Ginny by the waist, but was suddenly thrown off by Neville grabbing him by the back of the robes. But Crabbe was quick to punch the smaller boy, and grab him around the neck.

"Neville!" Briar tried to whip out her wand, but Draco grabbed her biceps roughly to stop her. And the four of them were forced to be taken to Umbridge's office, where Harry, Hermione, Umbridge, and Millicent Bulstrode were

"Got 'em all," said Warrington, shoving Ron roughly forward into the room. "That one"  he poked a thick finger at Neville, "tried to stop me taking her," he pointed at Ginny "so I brought him along too." 

"Good, good," said Umbridge "Well, it looks as though Hogwarts will shortly be a Weasley-free zone, doesn't it?" She turned back to Harry "So, Potter," she said. "You stationed lookouts around my office and you sent this buffoon" she nodded at Ron "to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in theTransfiguration department when I knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces of all the school telescopes, Mr.Filch having just informed me so. Clearly, it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was it Albus Dumbledore? Or the half-breed, Hagrid? I doubt it was Minerva McGonagall, I hear she is still too ill to talk to anyone..." 

"It's none of your business who I talk to," Harry snarled. 

"Very well," she said in her most dangerous and falsely sweet voice. "Very well, Mr. Potter...I offered you the chance to tell me freely.You refused. I have no alternative but to force you. Draco - fetchProfessor Snape."

Draco released Briar and hurried from the room, but Briar was quickly grabbed by Goyle again. A few minutes later Draco Malfoy came back into the room, holding open the door for Snape. 

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?" said Snape, looking around at all the struggling students with an expression of indifference. 

"Ah, Professor Snape," said Umbridge, smiling widely "Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please." 

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter," he said "Surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient." 

Umbridge flushed. "You can make some more, can't you?" she said 

"Certainly," said Snape, his lip curling. "It takes a full moon cycle to mature. Ms Lupin should be able to tell you when that is"

Briar shot him a dark glare "A month" she answered

"A month?" squawked Umbridge "A month?But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!" 

"Really?" said Snape "Well, it doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

"I wish to interrogate him!" shouted Umbridge angrily, and Snape looked away from Harry back into her furiously quivering face. "I wish you to provide me with a potion that will force him to tell me the truth!" 

"I have already told you," said Snape smoothly, "that I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter - and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did - I cannot help you. The only trouble is that most venoms act too fast to give the victim much time for truth-telling..."

"You are on probation!" shrieked Professor Umbridge, and Snape looked back at her, his eyebrows slightly raised. "You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better, Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!" 

Snape gave her an ironic bow and turned to leave. "He's got Padfoot!" Harry shouted suddenly "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" 

Snape had stopped with his hand on Umbridge's door handle. "Padfoot?" cried Professor Umbridge, looking eagerly from Harry to Snape. "What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What does he mean, Snape?"

"I have no idea," said Snape coldly. "Potter, when I want nonsenses houted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage. And Crabbe, loosen your hold a little, if Longbottom suffocates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork, and I am afraid I shall have to mention it on your reference if ever you apply for a job." With that he closed the door behind him with a snap,

"Very well," Umbridge said, and she pulled out her wand. "Very well...I am left with no alternative...This is more than a matter of school discipline...This is an issue of Ministry security...Yes...yes..." She twirled her wand in her hand "You are forcing me, Potter...I do not want to, but sometimes circumstances justify the use...I am sure the Minister will understand that I had no choice... The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue," said Umbridge quietly. 

"No!" shrieked Hermione. "Professor Umbridge - it's illegal" But Umbridge took no notice. She raised her wand. "The Minister wouldn't want you to break the law, Professor Umbridge!" cried Hermione. 

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him," said Umbridge,who was now panting slightly as she pointed her wand at Harry "He never knew I ordered dementors after Potter lastsummer, but he was delighted to be given the chance to expel him, all the same..." 

"It was you?" gasped Harry. "You sent the dementors after me?" 

"Somebody had to act," breathed Umbridge "They were all bleating about silencing you somehow - discrediting you - but I was theone who actually did something about it...Only you wriggled out of that one, didn't you, Potter? Not today, though, not now..." And taking a deep breath, she cried, "Cruc -" 

"NO!" shouted Hermione in a cracked voice "No - Harry - Harry, we'll have to tell her!" 

"No way!" yelled Harry

"We'll have to, Harry, she'll force it out of you anyway, what's...what's the point...?" she said

"Well, well, well!" said Umbridge, looking triumphant. "LittleMiss Question-All is going to give us some answers! Come on then, girl, come on!"

"No!" Briar cried

"I'm - I'm sorry everyone," said Hermione. "But - I can't stand it -" 

"That's right, that's right, girl!' said Umbridge, seizing Hermione by the shoulders, thrusting her into the abandoned chintz chair and leaning over her. "Now then...with whom was Potter communicating just now?" 

"Well," gulped Hermione "well, he was trying tospeak to Professor Dumbledore..."

There was evident confusion from all the other D.A. members. Fortunately, the attention of Umbridge and her minions was focused too exclusively upon Hermione to notice these suspicious signs. "Dumbledore?" said Umbridge eagerly. "You know where Dumbledore is, then?" 

"Well...no!" sobbed Hermione. "We've tried the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and the Three Broomsticks and even the Hog'sHead -" 

"Idiot girl, Dumbledore won't be sitting in a pub when the wholeMinistry's looking for him!" shouted Umbridge

"But - but we needed to tell him something important!" wailedHermione, holding her hands more tightly over her face, 

"Yes?" said Umbridge with a resurgence of excitement. "What was it you wanted to tell him?" 

"We...we wanted to tell him it's r-ready!" choked Hermione. 

"What's ready?" demanded Umbridge, and now she grabbedHermione's shoulders again and shook her slightly. "What's ready, girl?" 

"The...the weapon," said Hermione. 

"Weapon? Weapon?" said Umbridge, and her eyes seemed to pop with excitement. "You have been developing some method of resistance? A weapon you could use against the Ministry? On Professor Dumbledore's orders, of course?"

"Y-y-yes," gasped Hermione. "But he had to leave before it was finished and n-n-now we've finished it for him, and we c-c-can't find him t-t-to tell him!" 

"What kind of weapon is it?" said Umbridge harshly

"We don't r-r-really understand it," said Hermione, sniffing loudly. "We j-j-just did what P-P-Professor Dumbledore told us t-t-todo"

"Lead me to the weapon," she said. 

"I'm not showing...them," said Hermione shrilly, looking around at the Slytherins through her fingers. 

"It is not for you to set conditions," said Professor Umbridge harshly. 

"Fine," said Hermione, now sobbing into her hands again, "fine...let them see it, I hope they use it on you! In fact, I wish you'd invite loads and loads of people to come and see! Th-that would serve you right - oh, I'd love it if the wh-whole school knew where it was, and how to u-use it, and then if you annoy any of them they'll be ablet o s-sort you out!"

Umbriidge glanced swiftly and suspiciously around at her Inquisitorial Squad. Umbridge contemplated Hermione for another long moment and then spoke in what she clearly thought was a motherly voice. "All right, dear, let's make it just you and me...and we'll take Potter too, shall we? Get up, now -" 

"Professor," said Malfoy eagerly, "Professor Umbridge, I think some of the squad should come with you to look after -" 

"I am a fully qualified Ministry official, Malfoy, do you really think I cannot manage two wandless teenagers alone?" asked Umbridge sharply. "In any case, it does not sound as though this weapon is something that school children should see. You will remain here until I return and make sure none of these" - she gestured around at Ron,Ginny, Neville, Briar, and Luna - "escape." 

"All right," said Malfoy, looking sulky and disappointed. 

"And you two can go ahead of me and show me the way," said Umbridge, pointing at Harry and Hermione with her wand. "Lead on..."

When they left the kids alone, they stood there for ages until evening began to fall. When Briar saw the moon begin to rise over the forest, Briar suddenly realised she had an idea. Tonight was nearly a full moon and none of the Slytherins knew she wasn't a werewolf.

So Briar glanced at Ginny, Luna, and Ron on one side of her and nodded, as if to say 'follow me' and they all nodded in response. Briar suddenly clutched her head and began to scream, alarming the Slytherins

"What's going on?" Malfoy cried

Briar's screams turned into those of anguish, and she buckled her knees to make Goyle drop her

"She's turning!" Ron lied

"What?!"

"She's a werewolf, dumbasses!" Ginny shouted and the Slytherins all immediately backed away from not only her, but her friends too. The Slytherins began to panic and when Briar fell to the floor, her friends used the distraction to steal their wands back before the Slytherins hurried out of the room

Briar had to continue her screams until she was sure they were far enough away, before her and her friends sprinted down to the Forbidden forest, where they found Harry and Hermione

"How did you get away?" asked Harry in amazement, 

"Pretended I was turning into a wolf" Briar grinned "Anyway, we saw you heading into the forest out of thewindow and followed. What've you done with Umbridge?" 

"She got carried away," said Harry. "By a herd of centaurs." 

"And they left you behind?" asked Ginny, looking astonished. 

"No, they got chased off by Grawp," said Harry. 

"Who's Grawp?" Luna asked 

"Hagrid's little brother," said Ron "Anyway, never mind that now. Harry, what did you find out in the fire? Has You-Know-Who got Sirius or - ?" 

"Yes," said Harry "and I'm sure Sirius is still alive, but I can't see how we're going to get there to help him."

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" said Luna 

"Okay," said Harry irritably, rounding on her, "first of all, 'we' aren't doing anything if you're including yourself in that-"

"Harry you can't stop us" Briar snapped

"We were all in the D.A. together," said Neville quietly. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real - or was that all just a game or something?" 

"No - of course it wasn't -" said Harry impatiently. 

"Then we should come too," said Neville simply. "We want to help." 

"That's right," said Luna, smiling happily.

Harry sighed in defeat "But how do we get there?" he asked

"We fly of course," said Luna

"How?!" He cried

"Thestrals" she said, looking past Harry and sure enough Harry could see 7 thestrals standing amongst the trees. 

"Let's go then," Briar grinned

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

763K 16.2K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...
3.3M 85.7K 100
In which (Y/n) Weasley, the twin sister of Ron Weasley, falls for her family's enemy. (draco malfoy x weasley!reader) you will be described as havi...
76K 1.5K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
1.4K 8 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...