Myth War | Book II

Gamedays által

●●●This is the Sequel to Myth High. You must read that first to understand this book.●●● 《■■■■》 "In a dar... Több

Note
Cast List
Playlist
Part I
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Part II
Prologue III
Prologue IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Part III
Prologue V
Prologue VI
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Part IV
Prologue VII
Prologue VIII
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part V
Prologue IX
Prologue X
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Five Fact Thingy
Monster Hunter Society
Social
Important Message

Chapter XV

17 0 0
Gamedays által

Chapter XV

"Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future,"

—Corrie Ten Boom

Andrea tightened her grip on the steering wheel. With everything she had just learned, her mind was buzzing.

I'm a Horseman of the Apocalypse...I'm evil...

She stifled a sob. Aristide was in the car, after all. He sat in the passengers seat, sipping from one of the coffee to-go cups he brought. He brought five of them, all filled to the brim. Andrea had no idea how he wasn't dead yet. Or was he technically dead? She knew Frankenstein, at least in the books, had been the combination of corpses of many different people, so did that mean...?

"Hey, Aristide?"

"Yes?" He said, a bit of coffee dribbling out of his mouth. Aristide's eyes widened a she wiped it off wit his sleeves. At least be put an actual shirt on, even if it was poorly buttoned.

"How accurate is Frankenstein?"

Aristide put the cup down in his lap. "Accurate. Mary Shelley had been a friend of my father's. It's a biography, told from the point of view of Dr. Frankenstein."

Andrea sighed. "How terrible. Your poor father."

"Yes, well, he's better now."

"I never asked, but where's your mother?" Andrea asked, looking at him.

Aristide smiled. "I don't have one. See, my father created me like he was created. I'll never look any older or age a bit."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's okay. I've been alive for over a century, so I've gotten used to it. Besides, my father will always be with me."

"What if you fall in love, though?"

Aristide stopped. He sighed. "That's the exact reason why I won't. I won't let myself love another."

Andrea frowned as she remembered his reaction when she told him Rayna was sick. He definitely cared for her. Sighing, Andrea tapped the steering wheel. "Well, at least you have your father."

He nodded. "Yes. At least I have him."

She sighed again as she turned down the forest road. They'd be there in a few minutes. She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and saw him take a large gulp of his coffee. "So, what's this whole recharging thing you have tomorrow?"

Aristide choked on his coffee. Andrea's eyes widened. After a few moments he managed to calm himself. "Sorry, I forgot you were here."

Andrea frowned. "Oh."

Aristide sighed, adjusting the glasses he still wore, for some reason. "Well, we need to have energy to move. Like a battery. So, we use electricity. In the beginning of the month I need to be recharged, and at the end my father has to be. It's nice that way."

"So it's like, that scene in all the movies during the lightning storm and the mad scientist cries 'It's Alive'!" Andrea said, momentarily letting go of the wheel to throw her arms in the air and make insane faces as she laughed maniacally.

Aristide laughed as she grabbed ahold of he wheel again. "Yeah, I guess so. My dad always yelled that back when I first was created. But since I've matured more he doesn't do it anymore."

"Your dad is nice."

"He's cool. Not as philosophical as he was back during Mary Shelley's time. He's gotten weirder. More like the 'cool' dad."

Andrea laughed at his miserable expression. "Seems you don't enjoy that."

"Not really. I mean, I love him with all my heart, but he acts more like a teenager than I do."

"He does." Andrea said, memories of him ranting in history class bubbling up in her mind. He was so close with every student, as if he himself was one. It was nice. Not creepy, at least, not in her opinion. Someone else might've bought differently though. "Say, Aristide, how long have you been alive?"

Aristide smiled softly. "Since he beginning of the twentieth century. I'm just over a century old."

"You were alive during the wars, then?"

"And the Depression, and the Civil Rights Movement. Though at that time we lived in London. We didn't move over here till the eighties, late seventies time. It was a different time, back then."

"You really lived in London?"

"Yes. My father and I have travelled all over, but I can say for sure that helping to found this town was one of the best times of my life. See, we moved here because my father got an opportunity to help make a safe community for the supernatural. He agreed to help on the condition that he be guaranteed a house here."

Andrea smiled. "That's nice. What was it like when this place was being built?"

"Quite. It was a bit weird. Thinking of it now, I could never imagine it being so quiet."

"I find it fairly quiet now." Andrea admitted.

Aristide laughed. "Yes. I suppose compared to human cities it is different."

Andrea smiled. "When did things start to pick up?"

"Well, I'd say when Vincent, Mitchel's father, moved into town. He was an angel, after all. His mother was also with them. Her name was—"

"Vanessa, right?"

"Yes, that's right. They hadn't had Mitchel yet, they had him about six or seven years later. This was back when the town was only a few years old. Early nineties and all that."

"It must've been weird knowing your best friends parents before he was born." Andrea said, her eyes widening at this words.

Aristide took another drink of his coffee. "Yes, I suppose. I had no idea Mitchel and I would've been such good friends, though. During that time, I spent most of my life cooped up in the house, so I didn't meet him until he was ten."

"For sixteen years you stayed in your house?"

"I only came out on special occasions. For example, when Estal came into town. Everyone freaked out, since he would be the first royalty to live in the town. Or even when a werewolf pack took up occupancy. Michal and Leyna's. Then when Zoe came, we also flipped. She's the sister to the wife of the King of the Sea. When Troy came there was also a good chunk of commotion. Vampire and all. Werewolves didn't like it, but they shut up since he's the future king of the vampire society."

"Why would so many royal supernaturals be here?"

"Well, their parents figured it'd be good for them to get a feel of what interacting with other supernaturals would be like. Would be good to throw schooling into there too. Anyways, that's why they were there. I joined the high school once Mitchel and all them were freshmen. Made it easier. I had my best friend with me. We all were close because Vincent kind of become the guardian for all of them what with their parents sending them to school specifically. Mitchel was friends with them, and I just kind of got introduced to them. I didn't really plan on making any real friends in my life. But you know why."

Andrea frowned as his eyes filled with sadness. She knew what he meant. They would end up dying and he would still be here, looking as young as ever. She bit her lip, trying to stop herself from crying. Andrea gently reached over and grabbed his hand. "Hey, it's okay. Just because one day, we won't be with you, doesn't mean that you have to give up hope. We will always be here for you, Aristide. You'll make even more friends in the future. Don't ever doubt yourself."

Aristide looked at her. She watched tears fill his eyes before he gently squeezed her hand in return. "Thank you, Andrea. You're a great friend. I'm so glad I got to meet you. Mitchel deserves a positive influence like you."

Andrea blushed, gently letting go of his hand. "Thank you."

"He really does care for you, you know. I don't think he even understands how much he cares for you."

I don't even comprehend how much I care for him, Andrea thought, grabbing hold of the wheel again. "What about you?"

Aristide frowned. "What about me?"

"You seem to like Rayna."

Aristide choked on his coffee again. Andrea sighed, pressing her forehead against the wheel. "Rayna is just a friend."

Andrea frowned, looking at him. "I can see the way you look at her. Plus, you showed concern when I told you she wasn't feeling well."

Aristide's face turned completely red. "I care for her like a friend, just like I care about you."

"Really?"

"Yes." He stammered, pulling at the collar of his shirt. "Is it hot in here?"

"It is December."

"Oh, right."

Andrea smiled, deciding not to push him anymore. She could tell he liked her, but he probably wanted to ignore those feelings. She knew if she was immortal she'd do the exact same.

****

Andrea walked into the house, carrying two of Aristide's coffees. He had the other three, and was currently drinking from one of them. She smiled, looking back at him. "Want me to have someone start a brew?"

"That'd be ideal, thanks." Aristide answered in between sips.

She laughed and opened the door. When they came in, she found everyone else sitting in the living room. All the supernatural, the hunters, the Daevas, and the three newcomers. Andrea frowned. Aristide blinked. "Oh, hey."

Zoe frowned. "What happened to you?"

"Are those for us?" Troy asked, sitting upward. Leyna scowled at him when he accidentally pushed her off him.

"No, these are all mine." Aristide said. He looked at Andrea. "Just set those down. I'll get to them later."

"Okay." Andrea said, gently setting the cups down.

She then smiled at Mitchel, who beckoned her into his lap. Andrea happily took it, snuggling into him.

Faith sighed, sitting upright. Crius sat on her other side, absentmindedly observing his cuticles. Coeus was on her other side, smiling brightly at everyone. "So, is everyone here?"

Andrea looked around. The hunters were here, even Timothy. He was shirtless though, and she could see slight red marks on his bandages. His wounds must've reopened. That wasn't the strange part. She noticed him and Megan holding hands secretly, obviously trying to hide it. She couldn't help the smile that graced her face. Were they together? Her brother was leaning against a wall, his head ducked down. Darrin stood by him, clenching And unclenching his fist. Garroth, however, was standing behind Charlotte, who didn't seem to mind their proximity.

Salvin was munching away at some goldfish. Rayna was sniffing, wiping her nose with a tissue. Draco was busy holding a bag of ice to the back of his head, giving everyone dark looks.

Troy was sitting with Leyna leaning against him, her head resting in the crook of his neck. Michal sat by her, his arms crossed as he studied everyone. Estal was by him, tapping his cane every so often. Fai stood behind him, massaging his shoulders. Andrea never could tell if she liked him. They seemed close. Zoe was sitting by her brother and casting glances at him every so often. Charlotte was by her. Aristide took a seat as far away from Rayna as possible, though Andrea could see him staring at her whenever she wasn't looking. He had just finished his second mug of coffee when they began to talk.

"So, for those of you that don't know, my name is Faith and I'm an archangel. This lovely gentleman on my left is Coeus, the titan of wisdom and other stuff. Then this idiot if Crius, the god of constellations."

Crius scowled at that, whole Coeus simply laughed. Faith smiled. "Anyways, we are here to help you defeat Lucifer, who has in fact risen."

The atmosphere in the room immediately changed. Andrea heard a few people mutter curses. Timothy tensed up, and Megan glanced at him worriedly. She saw all the hunters look at him, with mixed emotions. The Daevas all shook their heads, while Draco let out a few explicit words. The supernatural also had mixed reactions, most of fear. Andrea felt her stomach flip. Mitchel gently wrapped his arms around her and held her closer to him. She gladly accepted the comfort. Faith sighed. "I know, I know. But, with our help, you should have no problem defeating him."

Coeus nodded. "Me and Crius are mostly immortal. There are very few things that can kill us. We aren't great fighters, but we can manage."

Crius simply nodded. Faith smiled again. "There are some...complications, of course."

"Like what?" Charlotte piped up.

"Well, the prophecy tells us specifically." Faith answered.

"Not specifically." Timothy suddenly said.

Everyone looked at him. "What?" Coeus asked, frowning.

Timothy sighed, his brow furrowing. "I've had that prophecy drilled into my brain since the day I was found by the Monster Hunter Society. It isn't very specific. More specific than malt prophecies, but still vague. It mentions specific groups and numbers, and we certainly have them. However, it doesn't mention which god and what the Daevas represent."

Andrea's eyes widened. Did he know?

"What do you mean 'what the Daevas represent'?" Darrin asked.

If Darrin didn't know, then how did Timothy?

Caleb sighed. "Are you talking about their parents?" He asked.

Timothy shook his head. "No, but what do you mean?"

"Well—" Caleb besotted, meeting Andrea's eyes, "—just, well—"

"Best get it out now." Draco growled.

Caleb sighed. "Your parents, they're the three demons Lucifer kept close to him, the ones who attacked us in hell."

Andrea's eyes widened. "What?"

Caleb nodded. "Rayna, your mother is Lilith. Salvin's dad is Ezekiel, while Draco and Andrea's is—"

"Xezal." Mitchel said.

Andrea turned to him. "You knew?"

"Caleb and I talked about it before Faith and the titans showed up. I told him to tell you, but you disappeared before he could."

Andrea felt her heart beat out of control. He father—her father wasn't her actual dad? Her real father was Xezal, that insane demon down in hell that had hurt Mitchel?

Timothy scowled. She watched his eyes flash red for a second. Fear constricted her. Megan frowned. "Who's Xezal?"

"He's the one who put you in a coma, Meg." Darrin whispered, pain filling his eyes.

Megan gasped, her eyes meeting Andrea's.

No. No. No! I can't— it can't be true! God, make it not true! I beg of you! Andrea felt tears beginning to slip out of her eyes. She could be related to him! She couldn't! Andrea began to sob. She felt Mitchel gently turn her around, letting her cry into his chest. His arms wrapped around her, rubbing her back. She felt him place kisses all around her head.

She risked a glance at Draco, who's angry expression had dissolved. He was looking at her, a strange emotion passing in front of his eyes. As she looked at him, realization dawned. They were related!

Andrea sat up. Draco looked at her. "That means we're—"

"Half-siblings." Andrea finished for him.

Caleb nodded numbly. Silence overtook them. Darrin however, wouldn't let that live. "What were you talking about, Timothy?"

Timothy rung his hands together. "Well, what the Daevas represent, after all."

Aristide frowned. "How do you know what they represent, Timothy?"

"How do you?" Timothy countered."

Aristide gestures at Andrea. "We had a chat when she came to pick me up. She told me the details and I stitched it together."

Timothy's face paled. "Well, obviously I did the exact same thing!" He was stuttering.

"What are you guys talking about?" Michal growled.

Faith sighed. "Well, the Daevas here are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

No one could hold in their shock anymore.

****

This was a long chapter. About 2600 words. Hope you enjoy it!

Did you like learning more about Points Brooke? A bit more about its history, and even more on Aristide.

Aristide is one of my favorite characters, I love him a lot. I love all of them but he's one of my favorites. (Don't tell any of the others that)

Anyways, what about the little 'chat' everyone else was having? And also, the implications of potential relationships? ;)

I love putting people together. It's cute. And fun.

If only I could find someone...

Anyhow, I'll see you all in the next Part! Looks like there will be more than four, because I'm not fitting the battle into the fourth part!

Toodle-loo!

—Paige

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

99.1K 9.1K 92
[BUNDLE] BOOK 1: There's a reason buried things should always stay buried. For better or for worse. To have and to hold a demon for eternity. She say...
149K 7.1K 34
Highest ranking: #7 in Lucifer #4 in God #11 in Paranormal --- Cover made by me. --- Looking for a person to be my cover designer for my books. Pri...
19K 1.6K 50
Where do you go after everything falls apart? Do you retreat to the life you hated or stumble forward into the unknown? After the Clan crumbles benea...
12.3K 1.2K 50
Some things are stronger where they have been broken, other things shatter with the slightest pressure. Loyalty, secrets, and souls can do both, but...