Foreseen 1-4 (Undergoing Rewr...

By LidyWilks

A collection of four erotic paranormal romance novellas where four friends, two fortune tellers, an empath an... More

Love Lines
Love Lines Character Interview
Love Lines - Prologue
Love Lines - Chapter 1
Love Lines - Chapter 2
Love Lines - Chapter 3
Love Lines - Chapter 4
Love Lines - Chapter 5
Tall, Dark and Hateful
Tall, Dark and Hateful Character Interview
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 1
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 2
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 3
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 4
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 5
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 6
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 7
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 8
Tall, Dark and Hateful - Epilogue
On the Mat
On the Mat Character Interview
On the Mat Teaser
On the Mat- Chapter 1
On the Mat - Chapter 2
On the Mat - Chapter 3
On the Mat - Chapter 4
On the Mat - Chapter 5
On the Mat - Chapter 7
On the Mat - Final Chapter 8
With A Touch
With A Touch Character Interview
With a Touch - Chapter 1
With a Touch - Chapter 2
With a Touch - Chapter 3
With a Touch - Chapter 4
With a Touch - Chapter 5
With a Touch - Chapter 6
With a Touch - Chapter 7
With a Touch - Chapter 8
With a Touch - Chapter 9
Taming the Beast
Taming the Beast Character Interview
Taming the Beast - Chapter 1 Part 1
Taming the Beast - Chapter 1 Part 2
Taming the Beast - Chapter 1 Part 3
Taming the Beast - Chapter 1 Part 4
Taming the Beast - Chapter 1 Part 5

On the Mat - Chapter 6

42 3 0
By LidyWilks

At this moment, I've started my annual spring/summer break from blogging so I can focus more on my writing. I'm three chapters away in the 4th and final story in the series before I begin the editing hell stages.  So I'll be uploading a lot of chapters in the next few days. Hope you enjoy reading them.

Now here's chapter six.

"You want me to what?"

Jenna stared at Jason wondering where this favor he asked of her came from. She had just placed plates of foods on his coffee table when he came in through the door. The alarm went off and was turned off seconds later.

Before he had the chance to reset it she'd flown through the living-dining room and into his arms where he soundly kissed her until her knees gave out. Making her want to strip her clothes-

No Jenna. Remember. You promised to balance the physical with the emotional and mental.

"How was your day," she asked instead, her lips still pressed against his, her desire to feel him inside her far from abated.

"Not so good." His tongue slipped into her mouth and suckled hers into his own. Goddess, she loved it when he did that. He pressed a gentle, butterfly kiss before pulling away. He smiled down at her and said, "But with your help it might get better."

"Oh?" Their hands laced together and she pulled him towards the leather couch. She sat him down and plated him quesadillas shaped like ghosts with avocado dip. There was also freshly popped popcorn covered in lime green jello and mini marshmallows. A punch made of frozen limeade, Sprite and lime sherbet. And a smaller bowl filled with gummy worms. "How can I help?"

"My platoon mates want to meet you."

Jenna's heart raced in excitement. He'd already met her friends. She meant to usher him along in her way of thinking. After all people who are having just sex with each other don't get introduced to the people they love and care about. Family and friends. Friends who were family. And they've been acting like- no they were- a couple.

Of course they still had sex. Mind blowing, forget her name, birthday and social security sex. But they also go out on dates. They've shared their dreams and fears. Stories about growing up. All coupley things. Though he never said or clarified what their relationship status was Jenna could tell by the way he looked at her that he felt something more than lust. He wanted her and she'd never get tired of how much so. But she also noticed how much he wants to make her laugh and smile and simply be by her side as much as he can. He looked at her as if she was precious and would die to protect her and keep her happy.

So even thought he hasn't said anything, deep in her heart, Jenna knew that they were a couple.

This new camaraderie they've started and she promoted was working.

Jenna beamed, her lips spread wide in a smile shining bright with the happiness she felt spreading throughout her body like warm honey. "I'd love to meet your friends."

Jason snorted. "More like bastards who deserved a good beating."

"Huh?" Jenna tilted her head, confused. "Why all of a sudden you want to beat up your friends?"

The look he gave her before he reached for his plate, picked up a quesadilla and shoved in his mouth bordered on sheepish. Jenna didn't believe it or thought him capable of feeling that particular emotion. The man- her man if she had to say anything- was confident. To a fault. Supremely.

She wondered what could've happened that could make him blush? She really wanted to know. And it didn't take a genius to know where or who to go to find out.

He shoveled two more quesadillas and guzzled down his glass of slimer punch then told her, "They were making fun of yoga. I know how much you love it and it rubbed me the wrong way."

Jenna arched her brow in disbelief. Jason didn't outright lie but she could tell he didn't tell her the full truth either. She reached over for a green gummy worm, popped it into her mouth and chewed it into sticky, sugary bits, the fresh flavor bursting and coating her mouth while she waited for Jason to finish his tale.

"So I was thinking..."

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking 'bout you do your thing," Jenna looked at him confused then but it soon dawned on her what he meant when he said, "and teach the guys about yoga. That way they get to meet you and become enlightened."

Jenna ruefully shook her head. She didn't know whether to feel complimented or insulted. In a way she'll finally get to meet the men he served with, men who were practically his brothers as he's an only child. And the only family he had left now that both his parents passed away. He wanted to her to join in his plan of revenge more than likely knowing they've never done a single yoga pose in their life and the repercussions of taking it lightly.

On the other hand he was using her again. Her heart throbbed painfully, thousand needles pierced and lodged in the organ, burrowing deeper. She wanted to rub her chest to massage the pain away but clenched her hand and tried to concentrate on the bright side.

He was using her again but at least this time it was nof sex. This time his aim was a practical joke, one they'll feel in muscles they probably never used before.

"What do you think?" Jenna studied his face. He was grinning like a young, mischievous boy and she ached to see pictures of him as a young boy. "You up for it?"

How could she say no? For the first time since they started this strange, sexual slave relationship he was asking something of her fun and playful. Not sordid or degrade her self-respect. Maybe with this, him asking of her to prank his friends was the turning point. She dared not hope but she couldn't stem the joy bursting from her chest, covering her from head to toe like the gummy she just ate.

With the way he already looked at her and now this favor, which she'll gladly do as she was certain they probably deserved it, it wouldn't be delusional of her think soon he'll realize what he felt for her and say the three words she longed to hear.

His grin slipped a little. Understanding registered on his face but of what she didn't know. Then his hand reached for hers, his large one swallowing hers and gave it a squeeze. "If it's too much to ask then it's okay."

Jason seemed to think his request was putting her in some bind. Watching his concern for her cleared any doubts she had. Besides he looked so adorable when he's nervous.

Jenna squeezed his hand, leaned forward and brushed her lips on his cheeks. His breathing quickened and Jenna was empowered over the affect she had on him. But if she lingered any longer her vow not to make tonight solely about sex would be broken.

She pulled away and immediately felt the loss of moving away from his strong, muscular body. She looked into the twin, darkened pools of his eyes swirling with desire and smiled. "I'd love to help you but we're going to have plan and prepare a time and space."

"No problem." He pulled her into his arms and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He kissed the top of her forehead, his breath sending tingles through the roots of her hair. And like a teenage girl with a crush, she almost swore not to wash her her head ever again. "We'll work it out together."

He said we. He said we.

He reached towards the coffee table, taking her with him and snagged another quesadilla. "Damn babe these are good. C'mon, let's start the movie. Where's the remote?"

Jenna reached to her side for the remote, sleek and black, its length reminiscent of a brick cell phone though much slimmer. She pressed play, pulled up her legs underneath her and snuggled deeper into Jason's side. Home.

Jason and her began their relationship all mixed up. Usually it's boy meets girl, they like each other, learn about each other before progressing to dates and kissing. Sex and love follows after until the next progression of marriage and kids. If they were lucky.

With them it was boy meets girl, then sex and lots of it. Then they started learning more about the other and enjoyed hanging out together. They were progressing towards love - well she was already there- with the ball in Jason's court. For any possible future they might have Jenna would have to meditate and interpret the images she might see.

In the meantime, she had Ghostbusters one through three, good food and man that could make her toes curl with just a smile.

She was happy.

But it wouldn't be until later, when Jenna heartily wished she'd never learned how much time they really had left.

***

It was the middle of the night. Feeling restless Jenna had slipped out of bed. The moon light streamed through the window. She looked back at Jason still asleep in bed.

Something whispered deep in her subconscious waking her. Something that begged her to listen closely.

Jenna sat down on the floor in front of the end of the bed. Bathed in moonlight, she closed her eyes breathed in and out. In and out. Slower and longer. Her chest rising and falling.

She sat as still as a Greek statue. If Jason were to wake up he'd be worried something wasn't wrong because by now you couldn't tell if she was breathing. If she was alive.

Jenna had entered another plane. A plane of nothingness, calmness and thoughtlessness. Finally empty and a receptacle to receive messages the vision. Which first came in a tiny pinprick of light, the picture slowly unfurling itself before sucking her in.

Jenna laid asleep in Jason's bed while Jason walked around his room gathering his things. He tread as soft as possible afraid to wake her up. But she already was, her puffy eyes kept them closed. And the fear of watching him walk out the door, into his car and head to wherever he was going before being shipped out to war overseas.

Jason's mouth touched hers and Jenna almost let out the sob desperately trying to claw its way out her throat to beg him not to go. To stay. Promising him a lifetime of being his sex slave. Instead she swallowed it down and kept her mouth shut. She wanted Jason more than any man she ever wanted. But she wasn't going to guilt him to staying. So when his lips left hers and she heard this sounds of feet growing softer before they disappeared, she said to herself, "Goodbye Jason. I love you."

The scene switched. Jenna stood outside, the sun beating high in the sky and beating down on her. The word sold plastered on the dangling for sale sign on Jason's mail box. It switched again to a huge, hulking but friendly black man with tears in his eyes and gripping a cane. They embraced, holding each other as if they were driftwood to keep from drowning the sadness permeating the room. He said goodbye and promised to keep in touch. After closing the door, Jenna walked back to her living room and stood before the mantle. With trembling hands she picked up the triangular memorial case with American flag inside. She pressed it into her bosom with one arm, the other clutching her swollen belly and let the wracking sobs consume her body as she dropped to her knees.

Jenna felt the tears track down her cheeks, to her jaw and to collarbone. Still she didn't open her eyes. Her closed eyelids were the only thing holding back the floodgates behind her eyes. She focused in slowly coming out of her meditation. Then nearly jumped out of her skin as calloused palms swiped and tried to dry the tears from her eyes and across her cheeks.

Her eyes fluttered open. Jason watched her, his brows furrowed in concern. "What's wrong baby. Why you sitting down here naked crying."

Jenna looked down. She didn't have a stitch of clothing on. Jason had torn their clothes off before they made love and she was so eager to seek knowledge of the future that she hadn't bothered finding her clothes.

Jason cupped her face and tilted it up to look at him. "What's wrong? Speak to me. Why you're crying," he semi-repeated.

Her mouth opened to tell him she was fine but her heart and mouth had other ideas. "Must you really go back into service," she blurted but she kept going. She couldn't seem to stop. "You were hurt the last time. You can find a job here."

Jason stiffened. His arms fells to his side. With a closed off look he said, "It's not that easy Jenna. And my leg's healed enough to return to active duty."

"But you don't have to," she pleaded. She reached for his face but his hands reached out faster than a snake strike he grasped her wrists and kept her at arms length. "Besides you don't know that."

The vision of Jason leaving for duty called her a bit, fat liar. Obviously he'd be cleared as fit to serve and for the first time in her life she wished she never discovered yoga and its emotional, mental and physical healing attributes. That she never became an instructor. She'd never would've met Jason just to lose him.

Jason clenched his jaw. All of a sudden teasing, fun Jason who seemed to be on the verge of loving her was replaced by a hardened, angry warrior. Jenna shivered under his gaze and realized too late what she said wrong.

He stood up, turned slightly away from her and held out his hand. "We're not talking about this," he said in a tight, controlled voice. His stance brooked no argument. And there was no argument born of panic and the selfishness to keep him by her side that Jenna could've used to change his mind. It wasn't like she didn't understand either. Jason was a proud marine through and through. He probably didn't know what to do with himself if he was discharged. Even with a Bachelor's degree it was hard to find employment in the job market. Being a veteran wasn't guaranteed to gainful employment either.

"We're not talking about this."

His stance brooked no argument. Jenna allowed her panic and selfishness to keep Jason by her side blind her. Jason was a proud marine through and through. Asking him to leave would go against the man he was.

Relieved at least he wasn't completely turning away from her Jenna took his offered hand and let him pull her up. Once on foot, slightly shaking, she darted to his side pressing her soft body to his stiff, hard body. Pouring all of her unsaid feeling from her arms into his body. All of her love, hope and fear she felt at present and for the possible future she saw.

Possible future...

That's right. A possible future, a future that's not set and can be altered. In her panic she'd forgotten that. The visions she'd received in the past didn't always give her the full information. Only glimpses of what may be. And what may be were infinite possibilities.

Like the Greek myth Oedipus, his parents fulfilled the tragic prophecy foretold. Once they heard of the grisly future of their son, to kill his father and marry his mother, tried to rid of him shortly after he was born. Thus setting the events of fratricide and incestuous marriage prophesied. They could've easily disregarded the oracle and none of it might come to pass.

So now she had a decision to make. Would she wait and research to build her argument and try again? Or would she be able to handle being a military wife?

Jenna's brow furrowed as she tried to conjure the vision she saw then frowned. She hadn't seen a ring on her finger. Although she was too focused on the bittersweet goodbye and the obviously heart wrenching death...

No. She can't think. Jason would have a successful military career however long he wished to stay and move up the ranks. With her right by his side if either one of them had a say in it.

Jenna felt Jason relax in her embraced. He sighed deeply, took her hand and pulled her gently into his arms. Jason gazed down into her eyes as if searching for something. For what she didn't know. But he must've found it because the end of his lips tipped up in relief.He sighed deeply, took her hand and stepped out of her arms. He pulled her gently to his front, standing toe to toe and gazed down into her eyes. For what she didn't know. But he must've found it because the end of his lips tipped up in relief.

His head bent down and he kissed her forehead and whispered, "Let's get some sleep."

She followed him into bed, her first and he slid behind her, spooning her. His arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her deeper into his warm body and kissed her shoulder.

Jenna didn't know how long she stayed awake before falling asleep. It could've been minutes or hours but when her eyes finally closed she was the tiniest bit happy she wasn't the only having trouble falling asleep. The only hamper was she was very aware of what thoughts were keeping her awake. She could only guess what thoughts were ruminating inside Jason's head.

And with the future she saw time for guessing was over. Whether or not and how to move forward now required something more than substantial estimations based on her hopeful fantasies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
3.5K 234 24
''𝘍𝘭𝘺, 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥, 𝘧𝘭𝘺. 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮.'' To save her ghost-hunting career, psychic Kayde...
7.5K 339 94
Maeve's ability to touch others' souls can be heartbreaking and confusing, but when she connects with two murderers, it turns her world upside down...
1.1M 65.3K 52
**COMPLETED*** This is book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read "Fated" first. Something caught my eye and when I looked up i...