Matthias

By ZeppelinNyx

Matthias and Devin have been bestfriends for as long as either of them can remember. When Matthias's drunken... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 11

12.6K 609 32
By ZeppelinNyx

**Matt's POV**

Devin looked at me without saying anything. We were both waiting for my reaction, but I couldn't show one. I had a lot of thinking to do before I told him anything.

Why was it that Devin's feelings for me didn't bother me? I should've been... disgusted or something, right? But, I couldn't even think of being upset. Maybe I was even happy about it? But, I wouldn't go that far with it.

Devin looked away and seemed unsure what to do. My silence was making things awkward... I should say something. "Cool." I said stupidly. Shit! What was that!? Cool? I couldn't even believe I just said that! Insert facepalm here. Way to go, Matt! You're such a douche!

"You're not upset?"

"No! Course not. Nothing to be upset about!" I smile stupidly, and he just stared at me blankly. Look what an idiot I am!

Devin opened his mouth to say something, but a loud scream came from the living room. I'd never been so happy to hear the annoying screech of my youngest son. I let loose the breath I didn't realize I was holding and ran into the next room. Andrew and Cayden were in the middle of the floor fighting over the remote to the stereo system. Cayd would wail every time Drew got the upper hand and suddenly there was a guitar solo loud enough to blow the speakers out.

I ran forward to take the remote from them before the neighbors could get too mad. When I got the remote and hit mute there was a banging coming from right above us. It stopped shortly after the music did. I guess some people didn't appreciate Metallica like they should! I stuck my tongue out towards the ceiling and ignored Devin laughing behind me.

I stooped down and picked Drew and Cayd up. "Really, guys?"

They just looked at me as if they could eat me alive. Kinda scary actually.

I took them over to their corner and sat them down with Spongebob Squarepants. They were immediately transfixed on the television.

Now, where was Ben?

As if on cue, the baby crawled out the nursery with more speed than I thought he had. "Ba! Ba!"

He crawled right past me and sat next to his brothers. Yes, Spongebob has this effect on children. Especially mine! "Ba" was the only thing either of them would say, and it was just their way of expressing that they wanted to watch that bothersome TV show.

The shrill of the telephone brought me to the kitchen again. Dev wasn't in there. I didn't know where he got off to. I probably shouldn't worry about it now. He needed to think as much as I did.

Walking to the wall phone I picked it up and answered.

"Hey, Matt! It's Lori. I was wondering if maybe the boys could stay with me tonight?" Devin's mom said through the line.

"Oh, hi, Mrs. Peters! Um, I guess you can! We aren't doing anything, so it's really no problem." I really didn't want them to leave. They'd already proven themselves as reliable interruptions from the awkwardness going on here, but Lori had probably planned something or she wouldn't have asked.

"Thanks, hon! I'll be there to pick them up in about 15 minutes."

"'Kay!" And I hung up. No need to get clothes together, they had more clothes at Lori's than they did here!

I walked back into the living room and sat on the couch. I stared at the television as my mind wandered to the only thing that would stay in it for more than a few minutes.

Devin.

He had feelings for me. No, he was in LOVE with me! I wasn't upset like I was with Adam. Adam was my brother! But, I was a little worried about what this revelation would do to our friendship. I wanted Dev to be my friend more than almost anything in the world. He was the only person that'd always been there for me!  I couldn't loose him.

The front door opening dragged me from my thoughts. Lori came in and kissed me on the forehead as she walked past me to get to the triplets.

"Aw, my precious babies, what are you doing?" She beamed like a proud grandmother. She crouched to squeeze the boys' cheeks and ruffled their hair. Poor kids. "Come on! Let's go to MeMe's house!" She said with excitement referring to herself.

She picked up Cayden and gestured for me to get Ben and Drew. "Where's Devin?" She asked me.

"His room, I think."

"Odd. His he alright?" She said, concerned.

I shrugged as we walked down the stairs. "Fine. Just out of sorts, I guess."

We got to her car and buckled the boys into their car seats. I kissed them all on the foreheads and said my goodbyes before heading back up to the apartment.

When I made it back to the living room, Devin was sitting on the couch watching some TV drama detective show.

I sat on the couch beside him. He stiffened up but didn't say anything.

"How long?" I asked after a minute of uncomfortable silence.

"What?"

"How long have you had these feelings for me?" I asked turning to look at him.

"A while, I guess." He answered while avoiding eye contact.

I just sighed. "Why didn't you tell me?" He kinda gave me this are-you-stupid look. "I wouldn't have got mad or anything! I'm not mad or nothing now, am I?"

"Well, I was going to tell you that night. Ya know, at the party... But, when I went to find you, I saw you leaving with Regan." He finished softly looking away from me again. "Is this gonna change our relationship a lot?"

I reached up and grabbed his chin before I even knew what I was doing. I pulled his face towards me, so I could look into his eyes. He looked back at me with surprise and fear, and somehow I knew exactly how I felt about Devin.

**Devin's POV**

"I think it is." He said, holding my face gently. My heart swelled when he leaned in just the slightest bit.

Without thinking, without knowing what was about to happen, I leaned in towards Matt, closer than I’d ever been before. Something in the far corner of my mind whispered a breath of doubt. I hesitated, my face just centimetres from Matt’s. But he wasn’t stopping me. He wasn’t leaning away, he wasn’t pushing me back. He was just watching my lips, those intense grey eyes like moons as he observed me, trying to figure out my next move. His eyes flashed from my lips to my eyes. He looked at me for all of about three seconds before closing the space between our mouths. This was what I always wanted, I thought to myself. Our lips met and a thrill echoed through my entire being.

He wasn't saying no. I opened my eyes slightly to catch a look at Matt. The moons had disappeared behind his eyelids. He was enjoying it. Eyes closed again, I let the world fall around me. There was nothing more. No responsibilities, no doubt. Just me and Matt, together at last.

My ears barely noted a change in breathing, and I couldn’t even guessed whether it was mine or his. Whoever’s breath it was came thicker, more rugged. More aroused. 

My hands snaked along Matt’s stomach and under his t-shirt. They expertly lifted the hem up and over his head, and the t-shirt was abandoned on the floor. The light from the table side lamp caught Matt’s muscular abdomen. His fair skin darkened under the light shining through the old and dusty lampshade. A pounding in my ears blocked out all other sound as I watched him remove my t-shirt.

I swallowed thickly, suddenly nervous. Matt’s faced showed the most surprising expression I could think of; contentment. A small smile played at his lips, a smile so striking that it brought a bright grin to my own. 

The old couch beneath us let out a squeaking noise as Matt stood and held out his hand to me. I’ve waited for this for so long. I took his had and stood with following him obediently, silently, as he began leading me towards his bedroom.

Seemingly without a moment’s hesitation, Matt was once again stuck to me. My heart jumped to my throat. A new, irrevocable motion became known to me, and in my dazed wonderment it took me a second to realise that it was coming from Matt. A hard object was pressing gently on my right hip. I let out a small sound—I think it would be described as a sigh. A blissfully energized sigh. A similar motion stirred inside of me.

Matt’s eyes drifted down my torso which could in no way be compared to his own toughened abdomen. He glanced at the bulge of the erection in my jeans. Ghostly grey eyes shadowed by soft coal-black hair looked up and held my gaze. I stared into their dusky depths as Matt’s hand swiftly, went for my belt buckle and the zip of my jeans. His sweetly soft touch gently brushed me like the sweeping of a feather. A thrilled shiver resounded through my entire body as yet another breathy sigh escaped my mouth. My heart was attempting to leave me for the arms of Matthias, it was beating so fast and so hard. 

"Wait," I gasped.

"What is it?" He asked, gazing down into my eyes. I paused. Not really knowing what to say. I didn't want to continue this. Not yet, anyway. Matt nodded before I could speak. "I get it." 

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do." He raised up off of me. He rolled over and looked at me.

"Wait, no. Don't go!" I grabbed his wrist, panicking. I didn't want it all to be over before it even began. Whatever it was.

His beautiful lips twitched upwards in a half-smile. "I'm not going anywhere, Devin." He leaned closer to me.

"Really?" I sighed. Did he like me, too? Why all of a sudden? It didn't make sense, but I wasn't about to complain. 

He kissed my lips softly and stared down at me. "Really." he assured before pulling me into a hug. Matt got out of bed and unbuttoned his pants. I gave him a quizzical look and he just laughed at me. "Got to sleep." He whispered, jumping back onto the bed with me. He dragged the blankets over us and pulled me close to his chest.

I smiled and nuzzled his neck. "Good night, Matt."

"Night, Dev." he hummed back and kissed the top of my head before I fell asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 199 1
Troye never considered the possibility of having children. Well, it might be time to reconsider... With insecurities brewing under his skin, he makes...
267K 8.8K 25
15-year-old, Straight-A student, Penelope, has a one night stand at a party while she was drunk. Unfortunately she became pregnant. How could she be...
11.3K 922 18
BOOK 3 Must be read in order: Loving the Fighter, Fighting a New World, Fighting Family It's been four years since Callum left camp. It's been six ye...
97.5K 1.9K 33
What happens when karters best friend kay is caught messing around with another guy and then her boyfriend ends up doing something with her best frie...