Soft Pillows | โœ“

By __Dolly

Featured @WattpadIndia โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐, ๐š๐ง... More

Important Announcement
Author's Page
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 38

78.4K 5K 689
By __Dolly

"It's not a fairytale but it's our love story."

One week. Three days.

That's how long Aahana had been bedridden.

She didn't find this entertaining at all. In fact, she wanted to get the hell away from his rules. True to Atharva's words, he made sure she did nothing but sleep like a baby and eat every goddamn hour to get all the essential nutrients, much to Aahana's dismay. He had taken his I'll take care of you statement way too seriously which agitated Aahana beyond words and she wished, she'd stayed in the hospital.

It was sweet of him, alright. She felt loved and valued but sometimes, sometimes she wanted him to stop and let her do whatever the heck she wanted. But with a fractured leg which was as good as nothing, she could understand his concern. After all, she wasn't able to do anything.

Might as well be paralysed, she thought sadly.

She knew she was a bother; trouble he didn't ask for. She could see it when he cancelled his meetings and stayed beside her 24/7. He treated her like a newborn baby and she liked the attention for a while but now? Not at all.

"Atharva," She yelled, her voice laced with boredom.

He rushed in, his eyes reflecting concern as he looked at her. "You okay?"

This is what Aahana didn't like. He worried too much. He cared too much. "No. I'm not okay."

"Huh? Does it hurt?" He asked her as he sat beside her on the bed, his fingers gently caressing her fractured leg through her cast.

"No. What I mean is I'm bored. Entertain me."

Atharva's eyebrows shot up questioningly. "And what do you want me to do?"

"Let me walk around? But first I want to shower."

Atharva nodded and scrunched his nose. "You should. Because you stink."

Aahana's mouth opened as her eyes narrowed at him. "Atharva!"

"Kidding!" He laughed. "On a serious note, you are on this damn bed for 3 days."

"And whose damn fault is that?"

"Not mine, of course. You did agree to do everything yourself when I suggested hiring a nurse."

"I thought I'll be fine by myself. But I need a shower desperately."

"I'll call the nurse and see if is she is available today."

Aahana nodded and watched him make the call before hanging up. He looked at her and shook his head. "Unfortunately no. She is but available tomorrow."

Aahana whimpered. She felt like crying. "Okay. It's fine."

Atharva saw the distressed look on her face and he couldn't help but want to comfort her. "Hey, you are fine even if you don't bathe for a month."

"Not helping." She muttered but smiled nonetheless.

"You can uh... take my help perhaps?"

She bit her lip, a thoughtful expression on her face. "You will give me a bath?" She snorted in disbelief after a moment.

"Okay well, no." He admitted and scratched the nape of his neck. "But you can use the walking frame?"

Aahana nodded. Atharva got her the walking frame. She took a while to steady herself as she clutched it tightly with one hand but that was it. Her other hand was still swollen and bandaged.

He covered her leg with the cast cover and then grabbed her towel and bathrobe before placing them on the rail inside the bathroom. "Don't hurt yourself."

He warned with a look before leaving. As she stood in front of the mirror with a blank look, staring at herself, she realized she indeed needed a shower. Her hair was mussed up and her dress had wrinkles, plus she looked absolutely sick. She had bags underneath her eyes and her face was dull as if she hadn't slept for days now.

Wincing, she shook her head. "Atharva,"

"What now?" He asked from outside after a moment.

"I need the wheelchair."

He groaned. "Got it." He knocked on the door before entering in. She was standing like a statue.

"Thanks." She nodded in response and sat on it.

Her leg didn't hurt anymore but it still felt useless. She couldn't undress not could she move and she didn't know when but she had started crying. It may sound pathetic but for someone who didn't sit in one place for a long time, this was torture.

"Atharva?" She called him again and this time, maybe it was her voice but he was inside and standing in front of her in a flash.

"Hey," He stroked her hair. "C'mon, don't cry."

"I'm not crying." She sniffed. "I just changed my mind. I don't wanna bath."

Atharva smiled. "Not easy?"

She shook her head.

"I'll help?"

"B-"

"I won't look, I promise. Just take my support."

"It's i-ts not that. I don't want you to get uncomfortable."

He swallowed. "I don't know. I haven't had any panic attack recently."

"O-okay." She licked her lips and watched him look at her for a brief second while rolling up his sleeves before his shaky hands flew to the hem of her top. His eyes were shut as he slowly pulled it off. He unhooked her bra and discarded it on the floor.

Her bare waist was scorching hot under his touch when he lifted her up from the chair and towards the bathtub. His hands tugged at her loose shorts before it rolled down with her panties and though he wasn't looking, she felt vulnerable and immensely shy. He gently placed her in the warm water, making sure to keep her right hand and leg out of the water.

To be honest, closed eyes and a bathroom didn't work well. He knocked a lot of things as he tried to grab the shampoo and Aahana had to laugh.

When she was finally soaked underneath the bubbling water, he opened his eyes and sat on the edge of the tub. His eyes were focused on her hair as he lathered it with her shampoo, his fingers massaged the entire length of her hair before washing it and patting it dry with a towel. Now that her hair was done, came the dreaded situation. And well, he just sat there with a frown.

"Do I have to?" He voiced his inner turmoil.

Aahana blushed. "I- uh no-" She sputtered before clicking her mouth shut.

He shook his head with a sigh and stood up. "I'll try." He brought the sponge with her bathing jel and started with her neck, across her shoulders, and around her stomach. He didn't touch her and he had his eyes closed again, but the slow movements of his hands were too sensual and Aahana couldn't breathe. She was putty in his magical hands.

The air suddenly felt too thick and hot.

Her toes involuntarily curled and she shut her eyes when the sponge moved to her navel and slowly, down to her sensitive parts and finally her legs.

His sharp intake of breath told he found it intimate too. Something he had never felt before. He couldn't handle it.

His jaw clenched and he tried to clear his head while his hand came to a sudden halt. "I can't." He was breathless.

Aahana didn't utter a word. She didn't know what to say.

He helped her get out of the tub and under the showerhead. The water washed the remnants of foam on her body and she was squeaky clean.

She kept her eyes on the wall ahead and slipped on the bathrobe. He tied the knot and opened his eyes.

"T-thanks." She smiled shyly.

He nodded slightly, smiling a little. "Once your hand is okay, you'll feel much better." He assured and helped her out of the bathroom and to her closet.

She grabbed her undergarments and a scatter dress for a change. After all, she had limited options with a cast.

He hesitated but helped her dress up which felt no less than playing with the fire.

"You know I feel like a baby but really, thank you."

Atharva chuckled while drying her hair and then combing it to free the tangles. "I'll prepare lunch. Meanwhile, you can rest."

She groaned and made a face. "I can walk for a bit?"

"That's not happening."

"Please. Remember what Yash said? I need to go for a walk daily."

"At least let your hand heal."

"You can hold me. Uh I mean help me."

He grabbed her waist and helped her get up from the bed slowly. She placed her foot on the carpeted floor which might she add, hurt like bitch.

Her leg trembled slightly and she felt like giving up but Atharva pulled her body to his tall frame effortlessly, letting her weight fall on him limply.

She held his arm and walked with him, her footsteps matching with that of his, slow and careful. After what felt like ages, she was out of her room and in the hallway.

"When can I walk myself?"

Atharva chuckled to which Aahana scowled. "You still have a lot of bed rest to do before you recover."

"Whatever." He made her sit down on the swing in their backyard and slouched beside her.

"Y'know uh..." Atharva shut his mouth quickly. "Nothing."

"What?" She wanted him to speak.

"You haven't been to the office for 15 days now." He stated and looked away.

Aahana stared at him with a puzzled expression. "So?"

He felt heat creep to his cheeks. "So uh employees think you are uh y'know?"

"Yeah, I'm not well." Aahana eyed him curiously.

"Pregnant." He blurted out. "You are pregnant."

"Excuse me?" Aahana gaped at him with wide eyes. "You can't be serious."

Atharva shrugged with a tiny smile.

Aahana blushed. "God, and you didn't correct them?"

He shrugged again.

She frowned, her stomach in knots. She didn't want to get her hopes high. "You should have cleared up things. I don't want them to make any wrong assumption about something which will never happen." Her voice was quiet as she played with her fingers.

"It won't?" His expression was unreadable.

"It will?" She looked up at him.

Silence ensued and after staring at each other for what felt like ages, Atharva wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to his warmth while she leaned into his chest.

They both smiled at each other, their unspoken answer shining in their eyes.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 91.3K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
151K 7.8K 28
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to......." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos...
1.5M 51.5K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
911K 70.1K 77
"เคฎเฅ‹เคนเคฌเฅเคฌเคค เค‡เคธ เคฆเฅเคจเคฟเคฏเคพ เค•เฅ€ เคธเคฌเคธเฅ‡ เค–เฅ‚เคฌเคธเฅ‚เคฐเคค เคšเฅ€เคœ เคนเฅˆเฅค เคœเฅ‹ เคนเคฎเฅ‡เค‚ เค‰เคจเคธเฅ‡ เคนเฅ‹ เค—เคˆ เคนเฅˆเฅค เค…เคฌ เคฏเคพ เคคเฅ‹ เคฎเฅ‡เคฐเฅ€ เคฎเฅ‹เคนเคฌเฅเคฌเคค เค‰เคจเค•เฅ‡ เคธเคพเคฅ เคฎเฅเค•เคฎเฅเคฎเคฒ เคนเฅ‹เค—เฅ€ เคฏเคพ เคซเคฟเคฐ เค‰เคจเค•เฅ‡ เคชเฅเคฏเคพเคฐ เคฎเฅ‡เค‚ เคซเคจเคพเคน เคนเฅ‹เค—เฅ€"เฅค _____...