His Innocent Rose (Hinley Man...

By RaeySam

-Damian Davensport- He was the next Duke of Hinley and all of his Father's responsibilities fell into his sho... More

Chapter One: The Master is Home
Chapter Two: Engaged and Enraged
Chapter Three: An accident
Chapter Four: Old stirrings
Chapter Five: Hesitation for decisions
Chapter Six: The Chase
Chapter Eight: A motherly offer
Chapter Nine: Morning ride after
Chapter Ten: Unwanted confession
Chapter Eleven: A lady's plan
Chapter Twelve: Lordly Encounters
Chapter Thirteen: Suprise guest
Chapter Fourteen: Ripped feelings
Chapter Fifteen: One desirable meeting
Chapter Sixteen: Steps taken and another to take
Chapter Seventeen: Family dinner
Chapter Eighteen: Unguarded impulse
Chapter Nineteen: Plan gone wrong
Chapter Twenty: Abducted
Chapter Twenty-One: That white dress
Chapter Twenty-Two: Men talk
Chapter Twenty-Three: Unveiling
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Tryst
Chapter Twenty-Five: Afternoon tea
Chapter Twenty-Six: His Majesty
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Handful
Chapter Twenty-eight: It's a must
Chapter twenty-nine: Day before the wedding
Chapter Thirty: Night before the wedding
Chapter Thirty-one: Tying the knot
Chapter Thirty-two: Mine
Chapter Thirty-three: Who are you?
Chapter 34: The departure
Chapter 35: Hand me downs
Chapter 36: One rainy afternoon
Chapter 37: Dew drops
Chapter 38: Fire
Chapter 39: Royal ride
Chapter 40: Seductress
Chapter 41: The City
Chapter 42: Dinner party
Chapter 43: Escort
Chapter 44: Noble guests
Chapter 45: Corsets
Chapter 46: Blush
Chapter 47: Allerdale Rooms
Chapter 48: Confused for love
Chapter 49: The first suitor
Chapter 50: Princely intervention
Chapter 51: Presumed scandal
Chapter 52: Curiosity
Chapter 53: Seemingly challenge
Chapter 54: Knight's bell tower
Chapter 55: Surrender
Chapter 56: Scheme
Chapter 57: On bended knee
Chapter 58: Engaged and Enraged...again
Chapter 59: Knight over flowers
Chapter 60: The helpful prince
Chapter 61: Search and you shall find
Chapter 62: What is the truth?
Chapter 63: Barfield
Chapter 64: The final piece
Chapter 65: Under siege
Chapter 66: Unveiling, once more
Chapter 67: Habsurg
Chapter 68: Rheinhold
Chapter 69: Bloodline
70: Love and Protection
Author's note

Chapter Seven: Cornered

160 6 0
By RaeySam

"Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet."
-Unknown

⚜️
Em saw the pair take up the dance floor, the guests both service people and highborn looked at them with awe. One can't help it, Lady Warrick was wearing a very expensive pretty gown and she was the only red head in the party, you can't miss her. Then there was her fiancé, wearing a blue and white outfit. Damian was breath-taking.

Together they danced to a waltz, if she had not witnessed the exchange between them she would thought that they looked smitten with each other. That was, of course, not true. Damian did not wish to marry her but Lady Warrick seemed to feel the opposite.

Em sighed and leaned against the wall, here she was, in her huntress outfit successfully gaining nobody's attention. Just as she planned. So why was she upset?

The dance ended and she saw Lady Warrick plant a kiss on Damian's cheek, she could have been aiming for his lips but he was too tall for her. Damian was surprised, he turned his head and they caught her gaze. For a moment she thought he'd come to her and apologize. But he pulled his fiancé away from the crowd.

It was enough. She was not made for these parties and games. Em squeezed against the crowd, determined to get away as far away as possible. She dared glanced back and gasped when she saw Damian making his way towards her. She immediately slipped away, ignoring his calls.

There was a servants hallway just behind the stairs, the guests sometimes mistook it for a secret room and were often found having trysts. Em knew she can hide here, no way Damian would chase her down here. She only prayed she won't find couples giggling in the dark.

Em found the curtain and parted it away, her foot was familiar with the way so she did not need light. She turned at the end of the hall way and sat down at an old couch left for servants to use when they needed respite from work.

There were footsteps echoing down the corridor, Em held her breath. Hoping Damian would find the door leading to the kitchen instead of the tiny space she was hiding. She crouched at the farthest corner of the room with the cloak to hide her, she hugged her legs against her chest so she curled into a tiny ball.

"Rose? I know you're here.."

Damnation.

He barely called her Rose if he meant well. Tonight, he was certainly meaning to seek her out.

"Rose? Please, can we talk?"

His voice was getting close, Em clutched the cloak around her securely. Damian's hand were trailing the wall and made little thump thump sounds.

His foot suddenly halted across where she sat, Em did not move. Mayhap, he'll think her cloak was an old rag lying in an old couch?

"What are you doing?"

Oh dear lord. He knew.

Em parted the cloak and slid off her feet down to the floor, then she pulled the hood back. There was faint light coming from the makeshift window above her. The moonlight bathed her face with a soft glow.

"I'm hiding. Can't you tell?"

"Why?"

"I'm supposed to be a huntress, no one must know where I am."

Damian shook his head, "I do not understand this game you're playing." He offered his hand to her, "Come with me. Let's have this night to ourselves while we still can. The party is at it's peak, we won't be missed. I swear, Rose."

She flinched, no one called her Rose anymore. Why did it affect her so when he said it? It was his mother's idea she be called like the flowers the Duchess liked. But before he left, he liked to call her Rose or his little Rosie.

Em shook her head. She knew where he wanted to take her and she can't trust herself around him. What happened this morning was proof that she was weak and she let him seduce her. Never again.

"Why can't you come with me?"

"Leave me alone Damian."

"Please, Rose. I may not have another chance."

"We can't Damian. You know we can't."

"I love you Rose."

Em stared at him not believing what she just heard. Did he just confess to her? What the devil's name has gotten into him? But what she saw told her that he meant it, just like how he meant all those years ago. Her eyes began to water and her voice was quivering.

"I love you, too Damian." There, she said it now. "But we can't do this anymore, you are to be married."

Damian sighed and knelt down in front of her, his hand brushed her tears away, "Rose, don't cry. I hate to see you like this."

"Please Damian, just leave me be."

"I can't. Do you see? We love each other, why should we deny what we can have for a short while?"

Em raised her eyes and locked her gaze into his, "Is that what you are proposing? That we be together for a short period of time? And then what? I become your mistress while you sleep away with your wife?"

Damian stiffened, he never expected such outburst from her. He knew she was a soft and gentle girl—now a woman. She completely took the words out of his mouth.

"It does not have to be a short one, Rose. I can get us a cottage far from the town, you could live your own life. I can get you your own servants and even a carriage. I can provide for you. You don't have to be a servant forever, all I wish is that you become mine."

It was a tempting offer, why deny herself of the chance to be with him? A cottage would be a nice idea, with a carriage and have her own servants? Now that's a luxury. But then, she did not deserve luxury nor did she deserve this man. She was not meant to remain a servant forever nor was she meant to be a mistress either. 

She touched Damian's hand and squeezed slightly. He leaned in close and laid a soft kiss on her lips, so soft it felt like a brush of feathers. She closed her eyes but Damian drew back, when she did not protest he leaned back again and gave her another peck. Still, she did not say No. The third time Damian pressed his lips to her she kissed him back.

Her hands curled behind his head, she felt those soft curls. Em held him still while he knelt as if she was drinking from him. Damian held her waist and let her do what she wanted. Their lips danced with each other, hungry and moist as they suckled air and refused to break free.

For a moment Em forgot where she was and what she was supposed to be doing. Her cloak had parted on her side, revealing a thin dress that had been in fashion years ago. Damian found his way upwards and she felt his hands just below her breasts. He was teasing her and her body was reacting to it. She arched her back to give him better access, Damian took it and cupped her left breast.

She almost cried out but he swallowed all her protests on his mouth. Damian had risen slightly to get a better angle and managed to push her back into the couch. His knees parted her legs and she felt warm all over, specially on the part between her legs. There was a sudden wetness she did not know was there awhile ago.

The kiss went on and on. Em thought she was drowning, her lungs no longer able to get enough air but she refused to let go of his lips. Damian had now managed to join her on the couch, straddling her. His breath came uneven as his fingers continued to touch her body.

She was on fire, like she was getting a deadly fever. Wherever his fingers landed it sent her to another level of heat. She couldn't help but writhe beneath him. Damian broke the kiss and dove his head down to her neck, he suckled on her skin as if she was some ripe fruit.

His hand went under her skirt and was touching her legs, he was gentle, like a potter tracing the clay to perfection. He did not miss every inch until he had found her most private part.

Em cried out and that pulled her back to reality. She stared at Damian but he was still suckling at her neck, his hand was making it's way to remove her drawers. No, she can't let him do this. She wriggled out of his hold and pushed his chest away.

"Rose?"

They were both breathing hard, like they had just been running. Em gulped, the heat was still there, she could feel. Damian could still feel it. But this has to stop.

"No, Damian. My maiden head belongs to my husband."

His eyes went wide as he realized what they were about to do. As if drenched by cold water, he got off her and raked his hair.

"Damnation!"

He paced around the small corner. Em straightened her clothes as much as she could, her cloak provided her security. She tugged into it and covered herself in modesty.

"I'm sorry Rose. I did not mean to force myself unto you."

Em bit her lower lip, her eyes were itchy again. No, she can't cry now. She bowed her head to hide her face.

"Leave me be, Damian."

He was silent. Not even his breath can be heard. Em looked up and saw that he was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 85 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
102K 6.6K 44
Completed ✨👸🏼 Born to the fairy elite, the royal line, next in line to take the crown, a queen to be announced on her next birthday, with her royal...
159K 6.1K 20
The Second Book in the Bride Series Katharine was a peasant girl, living in the streets of Paris when the Lady Eleanor found her and turned her into...
5.2K 420 31
Sequel to "Escape from the Witch Hunters" Jack kept walking towards her and Ami kept backing up until finally she hit the wall. "Why are you doing th...