C U R E

By seaweedismine

After failing many medications to save her life, Enna moves with her rogue werewolf family to Europe, traveli... More

Authors Note
Prologue: Dark Paradise by Lana Del Ray
1. Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) by AURORA
2. Fuck All The Perfect People by Chip Taylor and The New Ukrainians
3. Start Again by Conrad Sewell
5. Breathe me by Sia
6. Heal by Tom Odell
7. I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance
8. Sick of Losing Soulmates by Dodie
9. Cancer by My Chemical Romance
10. Empty House by Billy Lockett
11. The Broken Hearts Club by Gnash
12. Fools by The Ransom Collective
13. Wildfire by SYML
14. Liability by Lorde
15. Somebody I used to know by Gotye
16. Runaway by Sasha Sloan
17. The Best You Had by Nina Nesbitt
18. Dead Hearts by Stars
Bonus Chapter: The Painting
19. Itsumo by the Feeder
20. Before It Sinks in by Moira Dela Torre
21. I Found by Amber Run

4. Maybe the Night By Ben&Ben

8.1K 273 19
By seaweedismine

My favorite romantic song <3  Check it out haha 

Though it's a bit too happy to what's about to happen but it's hopeful and just about right, i guess. 

also warning I wasn't able to reread this. so just holler when you see some mistakes so I can quickly correct. 

Remember 

VOMMENT

"I want to lay down by the fire with you

Where souls are glowing, ever warmer too

Your love surrounds me like a lullaby

Singing softly, you are mine oh mine"

The first day was crap for me since I didn't make any new friends which is the opposite to what happened to Endie who already made friends and introduced me to some of them like Agneta and Aksel. Both were nice, but I just felt sluggish and they probably thought I was boring since none of the things they ask me interests me. "Do you like surfing?" then I'll answer "No" and didn't explain to them that too many germs entering my body's natural ecosystem.

So, it pretty much was awkward whenever my brother leaves. I just did them the favor of keeping him at their side while I read the notes and started learning at least the basics of the language. I thank the heavens when we got home.

"Get dressed" My mom says the moment our bags landed on floor.

I groan and jump immediately on my bed. "Why?"

"Visitation" Mom eyes me and points to my bag on the floor "pick that up and hang it somewhere in your room" she looks around our room like we're the ones who blew the wall off of the triplet's room.

"Agneta is hot, isn't she?" Endie strips his jacket and shirt off just when Mom exits and closes the door behind her.

I lazily glance at him then lay back "your mate is going to hate you"

He scoffs "she and he will love me"

"so cocky" I take off my jacket while laying down and throwing it to the door. "I can't believe we have to go back to that school"

"it wasn't so bad" he says

"for you!" I strip my blouse off and took a black cocktail dress. The one with the embroidered black flowers and covers my arms but some parts were see through and I hated that some of my bruises and scars were visible. "Well, good news the medication is working"

"you'll get used to it later, and that's good! Europe is way better" Endie shrugs "Dad was right"

"Yeah, but how about Amery" I slip on the dress when I took my blouse off and halfway through it, I zipped down my skirt. I see Endie dressing in his suit. "I wonder when you'll discover your mate though, I wonder what she looks like"

He grimaces "Why the sudden interest?"

I shrug while I brush my hair and straightened the dress that ends on my mid-thigh. "I just thought that you'll change when you do like exchanging your summer clothes for winter."

"Getting jealous now?" he smirks

I shake my head "it's not being jealous but being sad when you do"

He sighs "people change Enna"

"I know, which is why it's sad" I take a bit of foundation to look less pale and put on blush because even when I was born with tan skin it still looks off. I put on some light lipstick and wait for my brother to finish his cuffs

"well, enjoy me while you can" he winks and sprays his perfume on me. "God, I hate this stuff, and aren't you going to style your hair?"

I sigh and nodded. I start making a crown of braids with my black hair. "I think I need a haircut"

"you don't, leave your hair be" Endie says while kissing my cheek. "let's go, you look nice"

I nod and slip on my black ballet flats. We both got out and the only one who wasn't ready was Avoy who was too busy touching and styling his hair to look exactly the same. I roll my eyes and sit back down on the plump couch.

"The girls are done! WAY BEFORE YOU!" Dad shouts from the bottom of the stairs. "Get out already!"

We hear a sigh and "Fine! I'm coming"

"That's what she said" Avery comments.

I giggle while poking her side. She's wearing a red velvet colored dress with a tight corset. It's a bit long and flow as it stops by her knees. "you look nice" staring at her ironed hair. She tied it up and made it look like the blonde and red strands were mixing with the black ones.

"you too" she smiles at me "for some reason you're glowing tonight"

I shrug "Must be the new meds"

"they're working" Mom adds in her own matte green dress. "and that's amazing news" she kisses my cheek as before we know it we were off.

"Okay, this family is a bit different" Dad says while looking at us through the mirror.

"Define different" Avoy says, not really interested but he asks anyway.

"They are stricter and stranger" Dad answers "they're one of the few families that has the purest bloodline with the first wolf and they even say they're related to the moon goddess by blood"

"ah, so entitled rich wrinkly men" Avery mutters

"Avery" Mom turns giving her a warning look. "manners and just have a bit of class and respect"

"and remember, the Markoff and Bergquist haven't had a nice treaty. Our family's history runs way back even if we are civil now, we still need to keep to ourselves, okay?" Dad plays and search through the radio.

"We're not the Markoff's anymore though" Amery says "I mean we're the Devons now"

Dad nods "yes, true but they know our history"

"Isn't it a bit barbaric that they still have slaves?" Endie says beside me. his arm on my seat.

"honey, it's their way of punishing people" Mom says, "Who are we to question their rules? Though I do wonder how they can trust those slaves if they were criminals"

"they have their ways" Dad says. "But the bottom-line is that we are to be civil and respectful but not reveal way too much about our family. Remind yourselves we're no longer Markoff"

"Isn't that hard for you dad?" Avoy says, "having Markoff as a first name and all"

"No, more questions before I start throwing kids out of the window" Dad glares at us and we snicker.

I breathed in deeply while I look out of the window. Who knew the countryside of Norway was really pretty? All I've seen about it were the ports and boats with smiling blonde people or their farm animals.

"We've got to explore the town" Avery says behind me. she leans on my seat and whispers "How about we sneak off after dinner?"

"we'll see if I have the energy for it" I whisper to her back.

She smiles "okay, I'll take that"

When we got to the Bergquist's house, I was stunned that it was a castle on a small hill. There was even a moat and everything. My eyes widen as I hear Avoy make a comment of seeing vampires rather than werewolves and that this might be a trap.

Endie whistles, impressed. "Rich fucktards it is"

We ignore him while the drawbridge went down, and we entered the spacious courtyard and there was a space on the side with green grass. Dad pulls over but doesn't let us go yet without one more word with us

"Again, Avoy and Avery you two keep your mouths shut until spoken to and Amery keep your snooty attitude to a minimal. I don't want to hear from your mouth Endie or I swear you'll sleep in the stables. And you, Enna when something hurts speak up your shyness would help you in this social dinner but not your sickness. Do I have your understanding?"

We all answered our own yesses and we were out. There were perfectly manicured lawn and pretty flower bushes in the middle of the courtyard. I admire the windows that looks as if we were back in the 19th century. So, this is where a descendant of the first wolf lives.

"I heard one of the sons are in to some crazy shits" Amery whispers to us, so our parent's wouldn't hear her.  They were walking arm in arm up the steps.

"What kind?" Endie asks

"You know, Were BDSM. Biting more than the mark, eating flesh and wounding partners" Amery says, she gives us a cheeky smile

"Woah, sick" Avoy drools "I think I can be on board on that"

I eye worryingly at Avoy. This boy truly worries me. "oh, my sweet brother is gone"

Endie scoffs "tried it, it was okay"

I throw a look at Endie "not you too! Why do I have such weird siblings?"

"Some kids in my class says the son is your classmate" Avery says, "Does anyone stand out?"

The tall man comes to mind, but I shake my head "none that I can remember"

Endie shrugs "there was this guy who was talking in front of class though"

"Ah, right him" I say, "But probably not. I imagine the Bergquist being blonde and doll like."

"you're stereotyping Scandinavian people" Avery says matter-of-factly.

"how am I supposed to know? I hardly ever seen people from our family much less another European one" I look away from them as we enter the receiving room. A brass candle holding chandelier was above us. It looked ancient but beautiful. I hear the little crystals lightly touching each other as it teeters slowly

It somehow sounds like a windchime now. The doors close on its own and we heard the automatic lock chiming and going green. Well, there's no running back now.

"this feels like a horrible horror movie" Avery murmurs

Mom elbows her stomach just when a butler in uniform comes to fetch us to the dining room. There standing by their seats were the Bergquist. Not blonde at all but far from it. For some reason they had perfect tan skins almost olive toned. There were three teenagers about our age and probably older. They look mature and regal like true royalty. I heard one of their children died due to something.

A man that was as tall as Dad comes forward with a friendly smile but for some reason it doesn't make me feel any more at ease. He shakes Dad's hand and Dad mirrored his smile. The man's dark hair has some grey streaks to them even if he looks not a day over forty.

"Welcome, welcome" he says, his voice sounds like what you'd expect from an opera singer. Deep and melodic "I hope that my land has been very welcoming and helpful"

Dad nods "Yes, we thank you for your support. Everything is wonderful"

"My love, let them sit on the table" says sulkily by a woman with brown auburn hair. Her silver eyes looking at us and her milky skin seems to glow under the light. She smiles at me, catching me gawking at her and I blush then looked away.

"Ah! Right of course, I don't want the Markoff family to start a war now" he winks at Dad who lets out a polite laugh. "Please, your human daughter must be tired" his eyes lands on me. the only one short and young enough to pass for that human daughter.

We sit, and I feel Endie's knee brushing consciously on mine. I turn to look at him and he points his chin to the empty chair just in front of him. We were all facing a family member of the Bergquist except for Avoy on the far end. We're even sitting according to who was the oldest. Endie on my right and Avery on my left. Mom faced Luna Emilia while Dad faced Alpha Mariuso.

"Sorry, my eldest has still not arrived from his trip." Emilia smiles, noticing us. Why is she observing me?

"Ah, is that so?" was my polite response with a smile. I don't dare let Endie talk, he was already slouching and watching enviously at the empty seat beside Luna Emilia. "must be a long trip" heat starts to rise to my neck.

"Oh, children please introduce yourselves to our guests" Emilia says, holding a wine close to her lips. She eyed them with a threat but the moment I noticed it, it was suddenly gone.

The teenager in front of me look tremendously bored. He glances up to me, who saw that I am uncomfortable, smiles while showing his fangs. Then I just remembered, Emilia was a vampire. It would explain the skin, the eyes, and her eating everything after a sip of wine. Is that even really wine?

He was boyish looking, still young like Avoy but probably a bit more mature due to his muscular frame and I see that he is wearing a bit of powder. It seems he doesn't like his boyish roundness either. Though I am not saying he is the same age as Avoy. The lines on his hands were numerous which it only meant that he was older

"Antony Bergquist" he says, his eyes not leaving my reddish faced self. "I am glad to make your acquaintance" he leans towards his right, to the girl who looks more of like their silky mother and whispers something then she grins at me.

"Zofia" she grins while her green eyes not leaving mine. Her smile looks sincere enough. "my, you do look a bit red. Are you alright?"

I look at my family bewildered. I didn't expect her to call it out like that. "U-Uh-Uhm" I feel Endie's hand on my knee and I calm down. Our parents were still busy talking. I breathed in and out then gave them a polite smile "I'm shy and this much is normal not at all worrying"

"that is interesting" Zofia says with a tilt of her head. Her glossy hair falling heavily down her shoulders "I like you"

I froze while I glance at Endie, horrified. Endie smirks at me while he tries to send something in my mind They are teasing you. Since I am human without a werewolf mate, I can't mindlink but if my siblings try hard enough they can send something my way. Should I make them stop? I can just wreak havoc on this Viking castle

I scowl at him and shake my head. Forgetting for a moment that the siblings were looking at me. the triplets weren't much for conversation because Avery and Avoy are forbidden to and Amery was too peachy to answer.

"She's adorable" Zofia gasps, one of her hand goes to her chest "Mother can we keep her?"

My eyes widen in mortification in what she said. Keep me?

Luna Emilia pauses and looks down at Zofia "That is not their way, we've discussed this"

Zofia harrumphed while I turn to Endie who has turn unusually quiet, consciously quiet. There was air coming from the Bergquist side, but it wasn't enough to keep me from sweating nervously in front.

The youngest looking one has yet to look up or stop from eating and drinking her wine. Zofia frowns in disappointment as she scowls at the girl beside her. "it's your turn"

The girl looks so different from her parents and siblings. She looked as if like a distant cousin than a one of their own. The only similarity she has of theirs is the silver eyes from Luna Emilia "Mean, spelled like how you'd say it, Me-an. No 'e' on the end" was her answer while she takes another full glass of wine.

"Excuse my sister, she just got from her gap year" Zofia says "Might I know your family's names?"

I nod "This is my twin brother Endionne, Avery here is next to me and Amery and Avoy" I point to my sibling's heads with a fork which I just remembered was rude, so I put it down. I sheepishly smile at them while I swallowed the lump in my throat "and I'm Enna"

"You're quite the most adorable thing we've ever seen" Antony says,

"That's the understatement of this century" Zofia giggles while cutting on to her steak

I feel like one of the animals in a pet shop. Well, one of the traumatized pets that doesn't want to be sold and scurries to the corner of the cage. I look at Endie and he has his eyes narrowed  at them.

They're so strange he says

Not knowing how to communicate, I just nodded even if I wanted to say so much more. I wanted to tell Endie to pick us all up and go then not turn back.

"My sister is not for sale" Avery's voice suddenly came to pierce the already sensitive line of our conversations that we're all dancing on. My eyes widen, horrified. I step on her foot with my heel, but it only made it worst when she cursed out loud and everyone's attention were on her.

Mom's jaw dropped while Dad's jaw was clenched. "Avery, language!" Mom chastises through gritted teeth.

"It's not my fault, Mom! These two has been looking at Sissy as if she was on the slave market" Avery scowls while leans down to rub her foot. It caught Mean's attention as she was smiling at Avery now. "what are you looking at?"

Mean smiles widen and shakes her head.

"Avery" both me and Mom say at the same time.

Suddenly, we hear the loud laughter of Alpha Mariuso. It echoes even down the hall of their castle. It took everyone's attention while he clutched his stomach as he did so. Luna and the other kids were smiling back at him "My, you do have a fine set of children, Markoff. They reminded me of you when you were young, remember?"

Dad sighs with a smile "too much, Marius. Too much"

"Oh! Come on, they are you! Though my children are right, your human is quite adorable. If you need anyone to babysit if you go back to America, then I'd take her off your hands" he winks at Dad

I see Endie take the silver knife and bent it under the table. He was clearly ticked off. Any time now, and he'll explode.

"My daughter is too precious for us to just leave her" Dad smiles, warmly and assuringly at me. "but we'll take that offer if your family goes on a vacation and no one is guarding the castle"

Alpha Mariuso laughs again "Ha! Markoff you haven't changed a bit"

Endie groans "This place is crap" he whispers under his breath but everyone can hear him.

"Endionne" Mom says, "that is rude, apologise"

He sighs and looks at me "should I?"

I eyed him "Endie, yes"

He turns to face me "Seriously, you think I should? God!"

"you don't believe in God" Amery smirks finally talking now "shouldn't your liberty of using that word be revoked"

I step on his foot "Apologize" I mouthed

"I'm sorry" he mutters at the Alpha and Luna who were eyeing him with amusement

"It's quite alright, to be honest I am a bit tired of this crap of a castle. I'd want to travel the world as my youngest have been doing but, alas, my eldest son is still unmated so—" he shrugs "—it has been a long wait"

"thirty years of prosperous leading is a long wait" Dad says, "you do need some rest"

"Don't we know it" Luna Emilia sighs, dreamily. "Can't wait for my son to be mated. Back then I was against the thought but it has been tiring to rule beside Marius this long"

Then came in the man in my class. I feel Endie straightened in recognition while I stare at him. He looks truly handsome in a black suit and behind him a blonde vampire trails over him with a tablet clutched to her heavy chest.

I prefer the blonde one now Endie says, he glances at me. Are you okay?

The air stilled and I can't breathe because the same smell that I smelled back in school was back. It was strange and for some reason there was a hole in my insides now as I sniff it. It was comforting but also something hungry awoken from in me.

"Hello" he smiles, his accent made his voice sound so melodious but better than any person I've heard before. "I'm sorry for being late" his eyes met mine and I thought I was staring at our walls back in California again. "min kjærlighet, we meet again"

"What did he say?" I ask Endie who was growling now. "did you understand him?"

"Dad says it means 'my love' in Norwegian" Endie pulls my seat to his.

Mom scoffs a bit and says "I'm sorry, but my daughter is not one to be flirting with"

"why? Your daughter is quite a prize" Alpha Marius says "Don't belittle such exquisite looks"

"We are very protective of her" Dad says, eyeing me and Endie worryingly. "Forgive us"

I hold on to Endie's knee. I look at him with every want of pulling myself in to his chest and sleeping in it. He sees this and he calms down Don't be scared. I'm here. We're here.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean it that way" The man says. He licks his lips while looking at me. "I am afraid father you can go and travel the world now"

Alpha Marius still filled with mirth "What son?"

"I found my mate" he winks at me "isn't that right, min kjærlighet?"

My jaw dropped. I truly needed my brother now as I lean towards his arms and hid my face in his chest. My face and neck has gone absolutely red and hot

"What?!" Endie's shout made his chest vibrate and my ears hurt a bit. "you are her what?!"

My parents were too shocked to function or to say anything in response.

"Is she?!" I hear Zofia's loud gleeful voice and a chair moving back. "So, we'll have her, right mother?"

With that I clutch on to Endie even more and pull his chest to me. He needs me as much as I needed him to calm down. "Dad!" I hear Avery in protest.

"I would appreciate it, min kjærlighet, if you don't hold on to him like that" I hear the man say and another chair scraped back. Before I can look to see what was on my parent's faces I was already in someone's arms. I look up and it was him just inches from my face. My feet not touching the floor and my arms instinctively around his neck. "you smell exquisite"

"Let her go" Endie growls

I look behind me and see that he was standing and close to shifting. I didn't know what to do.

My face was pulled back to the man's face when his hands rubbed my arms. The sparks and heat rushing through my whole body that reminded me of a procedure they did to me in the hospital but it didn't make me feel this blissful.

"looks like the 2nd son of the Markoff family is related to us by mating" Luna Emilia says "Enna, meet my son, Daniel"

Daniel Bergquist didn't let me go. He instead studies my face with such intensity and interest that made my face burn.

"I think we need to discuss this in private" My dad pries me off of Daniel's arms and sets me next to Endie. I was back to reality as I see every one of my family members were standing. The triplets confused but goes in between me and Daniel. "Marius, please for old times' sake"

"Of course then" I hear the grim turn of Alpha Mariuso's voice. "we'll talk about your concerns, Daniel, come with us"

Daniel looks furious. He looked ticked off just like in the classroom. He huffs "I'll be back min kjærlighet" then he left along with the adults.

"What the fuck just happened?" Avoy says, reading all of our thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 10.2K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
111K 5K 38
*Sequel to ENEMY OF MY PACK. *not edited. Being a werewolf sucked but being a werewolf daughter to a human mother sucked even more. Ariana Peterso...
691 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
7.8K 424 24
(18+) MATURE CONTENT STRONG LANGUAGE VIOLENCE Alex has grown up with a family that's not her own nor her own species. What happens when her mate...