I Found You, Something Told M...

Od jasss149

It was one of those heart-stopping moments where I didn't know what to do. Down to only one photograph, my li... Viac

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Five.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-Two.
Chapter Fifty-Three.
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five.
Chapter Fifty-Six.
Chapter Fifty-Seven.
Chapter Fifty-Eight.
Chapter Fifty-Nine.
Chapter Sixty.
Chapter Sixty-One.
Chapter Sixty-Two.
Chapter Sixty-Three.
Chapter Sixty-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five.
Chapter Sixty-Six.
Chapter Sixty-Seven.
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine.
Chapter Seventy.
Chapter Seventy-One.
Chapter Seventy-Two.
Chapter Seventy-Three.
Chapter Seventy-Four.
Chapter Seventy-Five.

Chapter Forty-Two.

1.6K 52 8
Od jasss149

Sorry it's been a week or so! I've been a little busy, and if you didn't see my message I sent out, I've decided that I'm definitely going to do a sequel for this story, so I was sorting some things for that so I know where I'm going with both stories :)

Please vote and comment!

**

After finding a cave right at the end of the beach, I spent the rest of the day on my own, drowning my sorrows in alcohol.

I was glad that I’d not once been disturbed. The cave was pretty far down and I could hear the playful shouts of everyone on the beach throughout the day, but it was rare that anyone actually walked past. And no one came in at all.

I’d done a lot of crying as I drank away, not being able to take the fact that my dad was disappointed in me and the guy I thought was my best friend had hit me and tried to rape me, and had also brought back an unwanted memory while doing so.

But now that I was beyond drunk, it certainly wasn’t helping my emotions.

Now that it was evening time, the beach was pretty much silent. It was still light outside—the sun low in the sky and just about to set, and only a few people were wandering across the sand, ready to go home.

I drunkenly stumbled out of the cave and onto the sand, dragging my feet along slowly. I wasn’t really too sure where I was headed, as I had no plans to go home just yet. I guess I just wanted to walk for a bit.

After a couple of minutes, I proceeded to take my shoes and socks off and let my feet sink into the sand as I walked, seeing as I was stumbling all over the place and my shoes were, for some reason, making it a lot worse.

There didn’t seem to be anyone about, except one person up ahead. Their back was facing me as they walked in the same direction I was headed in, but I didn’t pay any more attention to them than that. It was just a quick glance, and then I continued to stare down at my feet, continuing my journey down the beach.

It was as I passed by the person, stumbling yet again, that they reached out and grabbed my arm. Whether they were trying to be helpful and steady me, I didn’t know, but the first thing that flashed into my mind was the experience with Ronnie the night before, and a loud scream immediately left my lips, fear coursing through my body.

I desperately struggled, trying to rip my arm away. They surprisingly loosened their grip and dragged their hand gently down my arm so that it was holding onto my wrist, as I continued to try to pull away.

“Midge, it’s me, okay?” Zacky’s voice spoke from right behind me.

Was this really happening again?

“Huh...” I exhaled shakily, turning round to be met by his concerned expression. “Sorry, Zacky.”

“Hey, it’s okay.” He frowned, shaking his head and lightly stroking my wrist. “Are you alright?”

As my drunken mind tried to form an answer to his question, I pulled my wrist out of his grasp, frowning slightly.

“Oh, yeah...I’m fine.” I finally lied, sending him a grin and stumbling yet again.

He quickly reached out, grabbing my waist to steady me. As soon as I was standing straight, he stared down at my face, a frown quickly falling onto his own.

“What’s that on your face?” He asked me, looking directly at my cheek.

I blinked, trying to look like I had no clue what he was talking about. “What’s what?”

That.” He pointed to where the mark was, his finger brushing over it ever so slightly.

“Yeah...” I gave a nervous laugh, quickly trying to come up with a lie. “I uh...I got drunk and walked into a lamp post. Typical me, huh?”

“A lamp post?” He raised an eyebrow. “Looks like a handprint to me.”

Again, I blinked, desperately trying to come up with some sort of answer. Nothing was coming to my mind, so I just gave it my best shot.

“I uh...I had my hand on it for ages afterwards.” I pathetically shrugged. “That’s probably why it looks like that...”

“Oh, yeah.” He scoffed in disbelief. “Because if I hold my head in my hand, I’ll also get a hand-shaped bruise.”

“Well...that’s just the way it bruised, so...”

He scowled at that. “I was being sarcastic.”

“I know!” I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. “And I’m telling you that’s just the way it bruised!”

“It’s impossible!”

Despite how much I enjoyed being in his company, he was really starting to piss me off. I didn’t want to talk about it. Not with Ronnie, not with my dad, and not with Zacky either. I just wanted to forget it. I wanted to forget the whole night.

“Oh for Christ’s sake!” I snapped. “I got into a fight with some girl, okay?”

“Mmm.” He raised his eyebrows, obviously still not believing my lies.

“I don’t need this.” I scowled at him, turning away and walking ahead.

He proceeded to follow, at which I quickened my pace. I just wanted to be left alone, but it was quickly becoming clear that I wouldn’t be granted that any time soon.

As Zacky caught up with me, he grabbed hold of my arm again, causing me to come to an abrupt stop. I desperately tried to pull away, wanting to show him how angry I was, but I was failing miserably. He managed to turn me around to face him, staring down at me with an expression that held both seriousness and sincerity.

“You need me.” He said, his voice low and somewhat shaky.

I stared up at him for what seemed like ages. The alcohol was certainly controlling my thoughts as my eyes studied his face, lingering on his lips. I immediately looked away, yanking my arm out of his grasp and returning his look with a serious one of my own.

“I don’t need anyone.” I told him coldly, not even believing it myself.

He continued to stare at me, pausing for a slight moment, before he shook his head.

“That’s a lie and you know it.” He spoke calmly, his voice not wavering the slightest bit, which only made me wonder what he was thinking—whether he was mad at me or not.

“I...” I began to speak, my voice cracking ever so slightly. “I have been incessantly yelled at by my dad since I got home...and I don’t need it from anyone else.”

As I drunkenly stumbled yet again, Zacky suddenly seemed to brighten up. A smile fell onto his face and he stared at me warmly.

“I’m not yelling.” He simply shrugged, widening his smile.

I stared at him, unsure of what to say. He was right—he wasn’t yelling. He hadn’t yelled at me once. But I was just cautious. I didn’t want to risk falling out with another person.

Still unsure of what to stay, my gaze flickered from Zacky to the sea, drunken thoughts still whirring through my mind. A sudden desire to take my mind off of everything and have fun began to grow in me, and I soon developed a smile of my own.

“I want to swim.” I announced casually, looking at the sea again.

Zacky chuckled, tilting his head. “Maybe tomorrow.”

“No...Now.” I began to step towards the water, throwing my shoes to the ground and allowing the tide to just about touch my feet. It was refreshing.

But short-lived.

Zacky quickly grabbed my shoes from the sand and snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me away from the water and setting me down gently. Of course, I completely ignored his attempts to try and stop me. Without even thinking about what I was doing, I squirmed out of his grasp and began to drunkenly pull my shirt up, desperately wanting to go swimming.

“Are you coming in the water?” I asked casually, pulling my shirt up even further.

He quickly reached out, yanking my shirt back down and pulling me back. “Tomorrow.”

Still not thinking straight, I sighed and allowed my drunken flirtatious side to take over, reaching out and grabbing onto the front of Zacky’s shirt, pulling him closely against me.

“You promise?” I asked sweetly, smiling up at him.

He smirked a little awkwardly, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. “I promise.”

That was enough to satisfy me. Sending him a smile, I happily pulled away and sat on the sand, in front of the tide so that the water was almost reaching my outstretched legs, but not quite. Soon enough, Zacky sat down next to me, immediately edging closer to my side.

“So, about that girl you got into a fight with...” He began to speak, nudging me gently.

I pulled my knees into my chest, staring forward. “What about her?”

“Well, I was hoping you’d tell me...”

“She just randomly started on me, so I retaliated.” I lied, shrugging. “Stupid bitch.”

He sighed, staring at me. “I was hoping you’d tell me the truth.”

“That is the truth.” I shrugged again.

Okay.”

I honestly did feel bad about lying to him, but there was no way I was going to tell him what really happened. He’d search for Ronnie straight away and hurt him—badly. And despite what he’d done...and despite how angry I was at him for it...I still wanted to be close to Ronnie. I still wanted him to be my friend.

“You know me...I’ve got a short temper.” I commented with a chuckle, trying to lighten things up a little. “The girl just pushed me over the edge.”

“Well, I can’t argue with that.” He replied, nodding.

Chuckling again, I finally looked at him, meeting his gaze. “Sorry...I wish I could change it, too.”

“I like a girl that can stand up for herself.” He murmured, staring into my eyes. As soon as the words had left his mouth, his eyes widened and he shut himself up, ripping his gaze away and staring forward.

I paused, continuing to look at him. “...Well then I won’t change it.”

There was another pause in the conversation, this time coming from him as he shifted slightly, running a hand through his hair.

“So, uh...” He murmured, still staring forward.

“What?” I blinked.

He shifted again. “Do you plan on staying here all night?”

I’d not really thought about it. I certainly wasn’t planning on going home any time soon, but I wasn’t sure if I’d spend the entire night the beach. As I thought about it, it seemed like quite an appealing idea.

“I wouldn’t mind...” I told him, lying back on the sand and staring up at him. “Don’t let me keep you from going home, though...”

“You’re not getting away from me that easily.” He chuckled, then pausing as his smile faltered slightly. “There’s nothing much for me back home anyway...”

“I wasn’t trying to, trust me.” I also laughed, more meaning behind my words than Zacky could probably catch on to. “You don’t think so?”

“No.” He shook his head seriously. “I don’t.”

I frowned, sitting up again. “Why?”

“Gena and shit...” He simply shrugged.

Immediately, I felt that twinge of sympathy inside of me that I always felt when Zacky talked about Gena. Every time he brought it up, it became more and more obvious how much she’d hurt him. How much she’d truly affected his life.

“I know what you mean...” I murmured, lowering my voice since the conversation had taken more of a serious turn. “I could never go back to my house in England. I honestly don’t know how I spent seventeen years there.”

“There are a lot of memories...” He nodded, staring out at the sea.

“Sure are.” I sighed. “I particularly remember being four years old and crying in the middle of the night because I had a bad dream. I didn’t have anyone to comfort me...my mum just drunkenly stormed into my room and screamed at me to stop crying.”

He paused, before raising and arm and wrapping it tightly around my shoulders, pulling me closely into his side.

“I particularly remember being cheated on.” He quietly said, exhaling deeply.

I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling tears form in my eyes as I listened to the sad tone of his voice. It killed me to see him this hurt and broken. I just wanted to make it better for him.

“I will never understand why...” I whispered, trying to blink away my tears.

He shrugged weakly. “Kyle was a better guy for her, I guess.”

Not possible.” I muttered under my breath, practically inaudible. I knew he wouldn’t have heard, but part of me wanted to say it louder—to make him hear.

“Hmm?” He blinked at me.

“Nothing.” I shook my head, a frown falling onto my face.

He seemed to find it quite amusing, as he chuckled. “Okay...”

Wanting to get away from the serious conversation and brighten things up a little, I sent Zacky and a smile and stood up, ignoring everything he’d said about skipping the swimming tonight, as I stepped properly into the sea.

He also stood up and I froze, waiting for him to drag me back out. I was relieved when he simply stood and watched me, and I continued to walk further into the water, until my shoulders were under.

“The water’s pretty warm.” I commented loudly enough for him to hear me from where he was stood at the tide. Before I could hear his reply, however, I was suddenly knocked over by a wave, dragging me under the water.

I soon resurfaced, laughing loudly, but Zacky didn’t find it as funny as I did. A worried expression fell onto his face as he reluctantly walked into the water, standing me up and balancing me.

“Alright, let’s get you home.” He said, pulling me gently towards the tide.

No!” I drunkenly whined in an infantile manner. “You always do that. I start having fun and you drag me home!”

“You can always have fun at home.” He shrugged. “Where it’s warm.”

“I’m warm here.” I rolled my eyes. “Like I said...don’t let me stop you from going home. I’m just going to stay here a while longer and float.”

He also rolled his eyes. “Drown, more like.”

“I can swim.” I shrugged.

“Not when the current drags you out.” He shook his head seriously. “A tiny thing like you wouldn’t stand a chance.”

It was obvious that I wasn’t going to win this argument, and I let out a frustrated groan, pouting at Zacky.

“Quit worrying!” I exclaimed, irritated.

“I’ll quit worrying when I get you home.” He rolled his eyes, taking me by the forearm and dragging me fully out of the water and onto the sand.

I was about to retaliate, when Zacky’s eyes suddenly fell onto my clothes and he raised his eyebrows. I followed his gaze, staring down at my white shirt and coming to the realisation that the water had made it very transparent.

Why had I chosen to wear a white shirt and a black bra?

“Oops...” I murmured, giggling slightly.

“Yet another reason why we have to get you home.” Zacky replied.

“Because my shirt’s see-through?” I raised my eyebrows. “Girls walk around here in their bikinis every day.”

Yes, but I’m your uncle.” He rolled his eyes.

And just like that—just by being reminded of that fact—I suddenly felt like hitting something.

“So you’ve never been around Charles and Linds in bikinis when you’ve all gone to the beach together?” I questioned, trying to keep the casual conversation going in an attempt to make my irritation go away.

“Matt and Brian don’t let them out like that.” He smirked playfully.

“Well, whatever.” I rolled my eyes, picking my shoes up off the sand. “I am going to dry off. By the way you’re talking, anyone would think you’d never seen a bra before.”

He simply stared at me, a slight smile tugging at his lips. “Believe me, I’ve seen plenty.”

Of course, I already knew that, but my cheeks annoyingly began to heat up. I looked away, trying to focus on pulling my shoes back on, but the fact that I was still pretty drunk didn’t help, and I soon stumbled, almost falling into Zacky.

But he quickly reached out and steadied me, his hands lingering on my waist. A shaky breath left my lips as his fingers brushed gently over the wet shirt clinging to me, and I desperately tried to compose myself.

“Thanks...” I muttered, blushing again.

“Any time.” He smiled back at me casually.

I managed to fully pull away and began walking back down the beach towards the steps that lead to the promenade, Zacky strolling by my side with his hands in his pockets.

There seemed to be more people up on the promenade than I expected, and I stared down at my shirt, feeling more uncomfortable around the situation now that we were approaching unfamiliar people.

“Do you reckon my shirt will dry soon?” I asked, turning to look at Zacky as we walked up the steps.

“No.” He shrugged simply.

“Great. Way to be positive.” I rolled my eyes. “You could have at least lied so that I don’t feel so self conscious.”

“Well...why do you feel self conscious?” He smiled, though a slight frown was shadowing his face. “You have nothing to worry about.”

“Well, that guy over there is staring at me...” I murmured. “And funnily enough, I don’t like being gawked at like that.”

“What am I supposed to do about it?” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes again. “I never said you needed to do anything.”

“Well, Midgey,” He slumped an arm around my shoulder casually, “The sooner we get you back, the sooner you won’t have men leering at you. Bet you wish you’d never gone for a swim now.”

“Don’t remind me. I’m just in for another slanging match when I get home.” I sighed. “And actually, I am glad I went for a swim.”

I’d been having such a nice time with Zacky that I’d completely forgotten I had an angry dad waiting for me at home. That was not going to be a pleasant experience.

“I’m glad you had fun.” Zacky smiled back at me. “And as for your dad, just let him shout at you and don’t retaliate. He’ll soon get bored.”

“You know I can’t not retaliate. I get all defensive and mad.” I laughed slightly. “By the way, Charles and Linds didn’t get in too much shit for covering for me while I was in Long Beach, did they?”

“I didn’t even know they were covering for you, so I guess the guys didn’t either. You really have them wrapped around your little finger, don’t you?” He smiled to show he was joking, but he was right, and it was something about myself that I really hated.

“I have a habit of doing that. Wish I didn’t...” I frowned. “How long did it take you guysto realise I was gone?”

He shrugged. “Better part of five minutes.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that, picturing it in my head. Although it was a serious situation and I should’ve told someone where I was going, I would’ve loved to have seen the look of panic on everyone’s faces.

“I need to sober up. I haven’t stopped drinking since I left for Long Beach.” I commented casually, staring up at Zacky.

Suddenly, something inside of me clicked. Whatever it was—probably the alcohol—it made me more confident than usual, and I reached out and openly grabbed Zacky’s hand, hoping he wouldn’t pull away.

And he didn’t. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand gently, continuing to hold it as we walked.

“Your liver will be crying out.” He told me, trying to suppress a smile.

“Hm...poor liver...” I blinked, not really thinking about what I was saying. I was too busy staring at mine and Zacky’s joined hands and realising just how confident I’d become.

Before I could stop myself, I held onto his hand even tighter and stopped in my tracks, also making him come to a halt as well. I pulled him closer to me, blinking up at him with my new found confidence as my gaze soon fell onto his lips, and he stared back at me just as cautiously.

Without thinking about what I was doing, I began to lean up slightly, and I definitely noticed him beginning to lean down. Soon enough, his face was just inches from mine, and he stared into my eyes with an intense expression.

He inhaled and exhaled shakily, leaning even closer, as if he was about to kiss me.

And he just lingered there for a moment, before his eyes suddenly widened and he sucked in a deep breath, completely pulling away from me.

I sighed, unable to hide my disappointment and embarrassment as I stared down at my feet. It only surprised me when I felt Zacky take my hand again—this time, instead of just holding my palm in his, he laced his fingers with mine and proceeded to silently walk on, pulling me with him.

“Sorry...” I eventually sighed again, my voice coming out barely above a whisper. “I’m drunk...I...I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“What are you sorry for?” He asked me, smiling shyly.

“For nearly...” I began to speak, a blush making its way to my cheeks, but I trailed off as I stared forward to see someone in the distance coming towards us, and my stomach dropped. There was no mistaking the black shoulder-length hair and the thick, dark eyeliner.

I could spot Ronnie from a mile off.

“Oh, Christ...” I muttered, turning to Zacky slightly and hoping Ronnie wouldn’t notice me.

I had no such luck, though. He continued to walk towards us, and Zacky soon noticed.

“Oh, look who it is.” He said to me with fake enthusiasm, tugging on my arm.

“Can we just...go, please?” I quickly said, my tone obviously panicked. “Please, just go this way. Act like we didn’t see him.”

“Of course.” He nodded, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

I exhaled deeply, quickening my pace and turning a corner into some alleyway before Ronnie could approach us. I didn’t even care if he saw—I just wanted to be away from him.

I could feel Zacky staring at me as I leant against a wall, still breathing out shakily. There was no way I could make eye contact with him, as I knew he was already making assumptions in his head.

“So...how did that happen to your face again?” He eventually asked me, still staring down at me.

“I told you...” I blinked innocently. “I got into a fight with some girl.”

He sighed deeply, shaking his head and pulling me into a tight hug. “When you want to tell me the truth, you know where I’ll be.”

“That is the truth.” I lied, shrugging. “I just didn’t want to see Ronnie because I was with him all night and I just want to be around my family right now.”

Sure.”

I edgily pulled away from the hug, trying to smile. “I...better go home...”

“I should take you.” He frowned down at me.

“I’ll be fine.” I shook my head reassuringly, giving his hand a squeeze and completely pulling away. “Uh...see you later.”

He smiled at that, gently brushing his thumb over my cheek.

“You know where I’ll be.” He whispered.

I did know.

And I was hoping to see him a lot sooner than he probably expected.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

61 1 4
The Cyanide Trilogy: Devour Save Me My Name (Cyanide) Mayleigh Conners thought she knew real pain. She lived her small town life as a disappointment...
1.8K 61 15
Avenged Sevenfold Fan Fiction: Nikki was very anxious to start her first internship with the new arising band, Avenged Sevenfold. As she works with t...
418 20 9
"It was an interesting situation to be in, really. I never thought when I'd agreed to become Avenged Sevenfold's lawyer that we'd be in this position...
14.9K 691 46
In the six years that Andi has lived in New York, many things have changed. Not only is she an accomplished artist and working guitar technician, her...