Vanquished (Cameron Dallas)

By shaynerrrrs

van·quish [vang-kwish, van-] -verb (used with object) 1. to conquer or subdue by superior force, as in battle... More

Chapter 1 - I love you
Chapter 2 - Movies
Chapter 3 - Regrets
Chapter 4 - Normal
Chapter 5 - Tears
Chapter 6 - Frustrations
Chapter 7 - Flowers
Chapter 8 - Yes
Chapter 9 - Intoxicated
Chapter 10 - My Heart
Chapter 11 - Dropped
Chapter 12 - Games
Chapter 13 - Caught
Chapter 14 - Challenge
Chapter 15 - Ice Cream
Chapter 16 - Hang
Chapter 17 - Mall
Chapter 18 - New
Chapter 19 - Six Words
Chapter 20 - Or Else
Chapter 21 - Forever
Chapter 22 - Undress
Chapter 23 - Don't Die
Chapter 24 - Wimp
Chapter 25 - Bad Girlfriend
Chapter 26 - Told you
Chapter 27 - Drunk
Chapter 28 - Pancakes
Chapter 29 - Scared
Chapter 30 - Green Light
Chapter 31 - Date
Chapter 32 - Ready
Chapter 33 - Airport
Chapter 34 - Get off
Chapter 35 - Descent
Chapter 36 - Introduction
Chapter 37 - Don't Speak
Chapter 38 - Flashback
Chapter 39 - Pure
Chapter 40 - Empty
Chapter 41 - Brushed
Chapter 42 - Help
Chapter 43 - Vanquished
Chapter 44 - Again
Chapter 45 - Gone
Chapter 46 - Know
Chapter 47 - Surprise
Chapter 48 - Walked Away
Chapter 49 - Meant To Be
Chapter 50 - Runnin'
Chapter 51 - The End.

Chapter 46 - Together

50.1K 1K 478
By shaynerrrrs

Cameron's POV

"Is she okay?" I asked as we approached the room in which Amara was held. He stopped.

"Look for yourself." His arm outstretched allowing me to pass him. I looked at his face, he was middle aged, hair starting to turn gray, and wrinkles beginning to form. He nodded and I stretched my legs out in caution. Each step I took felt like a dozen, the pace was too fast for me.

I peered around this corner. A machines beeps filled my ears, thankfully it was the one monitoring her heartbeat. Her face was still colorless and she looked lifeless laying there. I shuddered and swallowed the lingering saliva in my throat.

Her eyes slowly opened, I ran towards her. I immediately put her cold, pale hand into mine. "Are you okay?" I stifled. There was no response. Amara's eyes remained on mine.They were abnormally glossy, her usual golden eyes were now faded into a light brown.

"Her heart is remaining steady, her blood pressure is perfect, and we gave her radiation, it should be permanently gone now," the doctor came in.

"That's what they said last time," I muttered.

"That's what they said when they did the radiation wrong?" He chuckled.

"What?" I asked turning around.

"The first time they did radiation, they didn't hold it long enough. I guess since she was smaller they considered her size would matter, but it doesn't," he shockingly said.

"So it's permanently gone?" I asked. A nod was thrown in the air. "Forever?"

"Yes, forever," he laughed.

I turned towards Amara and smiled. I couldn't help but plaster a cheesy grin on my face. Her eyes appeared more golden and her cheeks began to blush. I didn't think my smile could get any bigger, but it did. "It's gone," I whispered to her. "Forever."

"We have to get back to Magcon," She choked out. I let my pointer finger rest on her lips.

"Nash, Carter, and I quit," I mumbled.

"What?" She whisper yelled.

"Babe, Bart was using all of us for money. I didn't want to be used, sure I love meeting the fans, but I want to meet them differently. I'll find another way," I insisted. "I promise."

A smile found its way to her face. "Good," she let out a sigh.

"And maybe you could be on the tour also?"

A giggle escaped her mouth. I grinned, her giggle was the one thing that gave me life. "Why would I go on tour? I don't have a talent. Besides, its about you."

"I don't have a talent. . ." I admitted.

"You're really good at looking good, you're hot, you don't need one," her eyes widened, her forehead scrunched. I fell in love with the way she looked frustrated.

I was falling in love with her all over again.

"Thanks, but I feel like that's what all the fans care about, my looks," I shrugged. That's all I thought. I couldn't sing, I learned to dance but I couldn't quite master the concept. Looks, I guess that's all I had.

"Cameron," Amara's hand stroked my cheek; pale and ice cold. "You are extremely nice, funny, and good with kids-"

"You don't have to sugar coat it," I cut her off, blushing.

"I'm not," she smiled.

"I love you," I bent down and kissed her cheek. Although there was a small burst of color it was still cold as ice. An idea popped into my head. "Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," she smartly remarked. I laughed, her humor reviving itself.

"No, its more important than that," I took a breath. My hand reached to the back pocket of my pants. I fumbled while grabbing the black box. A breath escaped my lips, butterflies appeared in my stomach. I wasn't planning on doing this for quite some time, but I was impatient. I pulled the box to my thigh secretively and made sure her eyes were looking at mine. "You probably could sense this coming," I chuckled. "I have loved you for as long as I can remember, which is a long time."

"Cameron?" She was confused.

"Although there are various ups and downs in our relationship, I am willing to overcome them. I want to make you feel safe, I want to make you feel amazing, I want you to be mine. For as long as we both live. Now, would you do the honor, and become my wife?"

Her hands trapped her mouth. A few tears escaped her eyes and flowed down her falsely claimed warm cheeks. "Cameron, I love you, but isn't it all too soon?"

"Just consider it a promise to marry me, it doesn't have to be for awhile."

"Then yes, a thousand times yes," her arms wrapped around my neck.

"You haven't seen the ring yet," I whispered in her ear. She pulled back, and I slipped the black box away from my thigh. I lifted it up with my right hand and let her take it.

Gently, she opened the lid. Just like the diamonds, her eyes scintillated. She gasped as she took the fragile ring in her hand and carefully slid it down her ring finger.

The ring was a perfect representation of her personality. A silver band with another covered in diamonds wrapped around like a small infinity. A large diamond was placed where the infinity crossed. The infinity stood for her balance of fighting off and vanquishing the cancer. The diamond stood for me, although I thought I was small, I was the center of her infinity and the largest part of her life.

"Cameron," a tear trailed down her cheek. "It's perfect."

"Is it? I got it on sale and I figured you would like it," I joked. She, on the other hand, didn't catch my drift. "I'm kidding." I laughed and wrapped my arms around her warming skin.

"Cam yo, oh," Nash walked through the door.

"How did they let you back here?" I immediately asked turning around.

"They said we could come in. . ." He trailed.

"Oh," I said bluntly.

"Is she alright? I mean, yeah," he scratched his head.

"Yes, she is perfect," I smiled.

"Well, we have to see the guys! Magcon is going to end soon and we have to have our meeting and-"

"Nash. I don't know if I can leave," Amara said, her voice was the strongest it has ever been.

"I asked the doctor, he said one more test then we leave." A smiley Nash appeared. I didn't expect him to rush us out of the hospital.

"Sure," I muttered.

"I'm completely serious," he spoke. "Cam why are you being so stuck up?"

"I have no idea," I honestly replied. I didn't. I didn't even realize I was acting that way.

I flipped back through my mind and thought. Nash was flirty earlier, and Amada chose to sound suddenly strong when Nash came in. Was she trying to act fine and try not to embarrass herself? Or was she trying to impress him. . .

"Guess what?" Amara popped out of nowhere.

"What?" Nash asked suddenly. The curiosity smothered his face.

"Look," she held out her left hand, the one containing the ring. Nash's eyes flew out of his head.

"Wha-what?" He stuttered, his eyes met mine. "You."

I smiled a crook smile. "Me."

"Why didn't you tell me! Cameron! Did you even tell anyone! Cam!" He yelled.

"Nash, why are you so goddamn upset! It's not like you're the one dating her! I am! Why do you have go be so furious!"

"Cam," he frowned.

"What? Do you like her too?" I calmed down, but depending on his answer, would likely get risen.

"Guys, stop please," Amara broke into the argument.

"Nash. Answer my question," I looked at him with force filling me eyes. His just stared back blankly. "Nash."

He tilted his head and spoke one small word that was vague to the ear, "Yes."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating, I have no excuse. ACTUALLY I had a form of writers block. Its called 'I-know-the-plot-I-just-dont-feel-like-writing.' So laziness. (:

ANYWHO [Buy #LifeOfTheParty on iTunes its only 99 cents.]

Vote for this chapter if you are proud of Shawn and/or bought his song. THESE VOTES ARE FOR HIM NOT ME.

#TipsAndAdviceWithShayna

How To Write a Book:

1. What do you want to write?

Come up with ideas and write them down. Like on paper, I know, it still exists. Scary.

2. Organize it.

Make a web, I'm pretty sure you guys have made webs plots before. Basically its a circle in the middle with circles branching off of it. Organize chapters like this. Each circle represents a chapter, write the main topic (thesis statement) for each chapter in the bubble. If you have a conflict or rising action write it down in the bubble (chapter number) you think is appropriate. Then brainstorm for ideas working up to it.

3. Get writing!

Go on Wattpad and hit 'create' or go to 'my works' and create a new story. Enter a title and begin writing. Take as much time as you need, writing doesn't just happen, it takes time. My chapters take 2-7 days to write. And don't publish right away!

4. Read over it.

Trust me, you're going to make mistakes. I read over mine and will still have mistakes pointed out by you guys. (I type on my phone, that's my excuse.) So read over it carefully and edit. OR if you want to do less work, copy and paste your story into Microsoft Office or Works Word Processor. The squiggly lines will help you edit. Green is grammar, red is spelling mistake, and blue misuse of word (I think.)

5. Publish.

Publish when you feel ready to publish. You can write the whole story and publish bits at a time or go when your ready. Don't be afraid to put your thoughts out into the world. Yeah, sure sometimes it will be embarrassing, but you'll overcome it.

We don't have to be ordinary, make your best mistakes.

Cause we don't have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party.

I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary.

Hearts are gonna break,

Cause we don't have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party.

How to get a lot of reads:

I honestly have no idea, so write your absolute best, get an editor and pay attention in language arts. I guess it pays off and maybe you can take college English as a sophomore with me!

Twitter: @paintingmendes

QOTD: Should I upload a cover of LOTP on YouTube?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
35.8M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
17.3M 543K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...