Someone's Forever

Від NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... Більше

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

62. Trust is Essential

2.9K 211 50
Від NeelamMenghani

I wish if our Tears could bring you Back!

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

— Helen Keller

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[The Night Falls]

Niera's POV

"Mate." She squealed with a soft clap.

"Mate?" a deep frown appeared on my face. She bobbled she face with a gleeful smile.

"You know Aunt Bambi Alpy and I were talking about mates tonight," She initiated while I sat listening to her attentively.

"You know on my last birthday he asked me what I wanted. And I asked for someone like Daddy." My brows were coming closer as she continued to talk.

Daddy?

Her father?

"But he laughed and said I can't have Daddy because he belongs to Mumma. So I asked him, if he'll be mine." I could help but gape in shock at the level of thinking.

"Then?" I asked curiosity blending in my tone making it more excited.

"He said okay." She answered nonchalantly.

My mind shrieked in horror gaping at her statement incredulously.

"When I'll grow up; I'll marry him." She revealed almost putting me to the situation of cardiac arrest.

"Huh?" I shrieked in surprise.

She giggled wholeheartedly at my surprised face.

"Alpy said he'll marry me if he doesn't get his mate when I'll get old." She giggled again.

I took a sigh of relief.

But why? My snarky conscience asked smugly.

"You want to marry Mr. Valentine?" I asked cautiously; I'm unable to comprehend why this statement even proved to be preposterous gives me a different feeling.

"He is the sweetest, and I like him a lot. He is always lonely and I don't want him to feel lonely anymore. If he doesn't get his mate, I'll be with him." She answered with such conviction and simplicity that it almost brought me to wonder.

To bring him a comfort and remove his loneliness; she is thinking this much!

I smiled at the beautiful heart this child hold inside her.

"But I pray to God, he gets the best mate for him. Strong and caring just like him, who'll give him only happiness and love. She'll be his Forever. A Queen for the King." She spoke softly looking at the ceiling above us as if asking god to fulfill her wish.

"Just like you." She whispered shifting her eyes to me and my heart skipped a beat.

"Me?"

"Yes, just like you. A loving caring, pure and innocent soul for my Alpy. I wish I could change the destiny, I would have paired him with you." She smiled dreamingly at her thoughts.

She spoke so much unaware and unaffected with the reality of life and differences between us.

I shook my head with a smile, raising my gaze at the open window; I glance briefly at the moon of the night.

I wish I could deserve it!

"If so, then what about you and your plans to get married with him?" I asked raising my brows at him.

"I'll have someone for me when the time comes. Alpy said I'll have my mate when I get older, the one who'll love and cherish me like no one. I'll be his Forever."

Mr. Majesty said these words to her?

Well seems like he believes in Forever!

"Is that so?" I asked again with hint of plain curiosity in my voice.

She bobbled her head with an enthusiastic nod.

"Lovely. I'm sure you'll find one when the right times comes."

"You too, I wish find yours soon, Aunt Bambi." She smiled looking in my eyes deeply.

I could only smile at the words but deep inside I knew and have faith that Forever only existed in fantasies, though, I'm living one but it's just temporary.

"Okay, we shall see when I'll find one—"

"You'll for sure and soon. Will you tell me?"

I smiled wholeheartedly on her query, "I'll."

If I get someone like forever. Or I could be Someone's Forever!

"So now we had our Girl time and had a lot of gossip, now it's time to sleep."

"No—" she opened her mouth to protest.

"Tiger, Dada needs rest and if we keep talking and making noise he won't get his rest. So now, let's get to sleep. We have to help him in the morning." I persuaded with logics this time.

She didn't need to be told twice before her mature face came forward and nodded with a thoughtful look.

"Good Girl. Good night, now sleep." I smiled earning a smile in return.

She pushed her head forward and before I knew she stole a kiss from my cheek with a grin.

I returned the favor pecking on her forehead.

"Good night Aunt Bambi."

She pushed the quilt to her neck before closing her eyes.

It didn't take her long to fall in the embrace of slumber wandering in the valleys of dreams.

Good night dear!

I kept staring at her peaceful face but my mind was drifted to her words.

His loneliness, the queen will be his Forever!

If I could be his! A sense of warmth rushed to my veins when the thought broke to my conscience before I pushed the thoughts away with the hold of sanity with brutal reality.

A King deserves a Queen and I can't be a Queen.

The power and aura; the command are all secondary. A royal heart and the strength to conquer all the pain and hurdles is something that makes you different from others.

Legends are made with Struggle and Suffer; Blood and Birth contribute just Names in History!

Sir Gerard's words resonated in my mind but somewhere, in an unknown unsaid part in me was enthralled and desire to believe Tiger's words.

Shifting my gaze at the moon through the wide open window, I was forced to drift to the events of today!

***

NIERA'S POV

Night; the evaluation of Day!

Night, loneliness and whispers of heart makes a great pair for those who wants to know life; it has proved a best combination to analyse day.

Tiara was sleeping peacefully. I sighed looking at her chubby face sighing in her sleep. The fragile soul has spent all her day either in struggling to get things done on time, worrying over Jerry and the night she spent in tears for her mother.

Sahira!

I am still shaken to know about her, her mother isn't with her.

It was heart wrenching to see them like this but knowing about Sahira left me heartbroken.

How god could be so cruel at the little girl!

I ran my hand softly through her scalp, wiping the lose tendrils away from her cheeks.

Being surrounded by the events took place all day; sleep was far away from my mind, like lost behind the mist of worries.

I sighed heavily, unable to find the comfort in the warm blanket.

The room looked lighted even in the darkness courtesy the large high wind panels' constructed in Tiara's room. The room bathed in moon light, making the need for artificial light unnecessary.

Stretching myself, I glanced at the clock resting over the night stand.

2:52 AM!

I exhaled again.

Not sleepy anymore!

When was I at the first place?

With one last glance at Tiger, I threw away the quilt before heading outside.

The home which was hours ago, brimming with colors of celebration is now deserted in darkness. Taking slow steps on the stairs, I aimed to head toward the kitchen to fetch some water but the lights at the center of the living hall, gained my attention.

Utter confusion and curiosity stirred in me as I changed my path, from heading toward kitchen, I choose to take a look over the hall.

The scenario that greeted me there almost left me petrified.

There Jerry was sitting on one sofa set; his leg that was covered with cast bent a little which apparently was strictly restricted for his injury.

I opened my mouth to scold him but his gaze that was transfixed upon something in his hand caught my running words.

His eyes were moist; tilting my head I tried to take a fair look not making my presence obvious.

"Still awake." He spoke; startling me. The hair of my nape rose as his voice penetrated in the quietness and a gasp echoed around.

My hand flew toward my chest to cradle my wild heart that was almost breaking my rib cage.

He saw me? No sensed me?

How?

"Um! Yeah. Wasn't sleepy." I answered sheepishly taking slow strides toward him. Jerry didn't raise his eyes to see me; all his attention and concentration was fixed upon his hands that were stroking something I couldn't see from a distance.

When I reached near him, my squinting gaze widen at revelation. That was the picture of a girl in his hand, his fingers softly caressing the frame with affection.

She seems familiar!

My mind jumped to the valley of memory in search of this face, when realization struck me making my eyes widen.

Of course! She is Sahira.

The girl whose photo graph I saw in that room.

She is Sahira!

"Sit." He whispered softly; I caught his tone heavy.

I sat beside him, creating a distance to respect his stiffness and injury. My eyes went to his leg that was still bent to certain restricted degree.

With hesitant moves, I tried to stretch it out, only to cause two movements:

One.) Jerry's reflex action.

Two.) I become aware of his burning skin.

"Jerry you're burning. You have fever." I stated incredulously looking at my friend.

"You should take rest I'll call—" my scolding and words could meet the end when I heard a soft chuckle coming from him, not a joyful one but one holding the pain.

"You're just like her." he took a pause before speaking, "Always worry about others but never taking care of self. Always on wheels to take risk for others, not paying attention for your own injuries." He chuckled softly stating this.

His laughing face turned to meet my eyes; there I saw the grief that was cascading through his eyes.

The sorrow was all I felt in his face; that was ruling the moment as he was missing his sister.

Sahira!

"Whenever I see you I feel she is there smiling at me, whenever you try to put yourself in danger, I fear that I'll again lose her just like I—" he left the sentence hanging, not being able to comprehend the words to complete it.

I placed my palm over his shoulder and for the first time I didn't feel him stiffing at my touch.

"They might have told you." He stated wiping off a lone tear that was about to escape his eyes.

I could only nod once.

He exhaled deeply like breathing under the burden of pain.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked softly, looking at the photo frame in his hand.

He kept his gaze on the photo, the smiling face of Sahira was telling me about her genuine and calm nature.

She must be very serene!

"Absolutely not." He answered shaking his head softly.

He met my gaze tearing his eyes from the frame. "She was the other name of childishness and trouble." He added with a chuckle.

"I had to take care of everything around her. Scold her for every mistake and allow her to rectify the blunders she makes. It was the toughest task to put her at place because she never listened." He shook his head; wandering in the town of old memories.

"A child at times and mature when needed; she was blend one can called Perfect."

My heart swelled looking at the bond between the two siblings. A part of my heart was missing terribly; what Sahira is for Jerry I see myself and Prince. The same importance and core of each other's life we both are.

Just like them!

A warm smile stretched out on my lips at the thought of my Brother; his worry and maturity has always kept me sheltered and surrounded with love.

"You do the same with Tiger." I whispered looking at him.

He nodded before speaking, "Yes, I do. Because I know she is just like Sahira. Serene yet a troublemaker. Innocent yet mature."

"You want to protect her like you have had Sahira."

He nodded at my words.

I was fidgeting between whether to put the words of my disagreement in his strict ways of not, because ultimately me and Tiger we both knew his love for her and Sahira is unconditional.

Taking a deep breath I chose to shut my voice and my thought throwing them away from my mind.

"You must be wondering why I get strict with Tiara. Isn't?"

I shook my head at his query. A frown appeared in his gentle face, highlighting his quizzical stance.

"A father has to be strict with his children, as for his strictness is an essential requirement for the children to learn the tough lessons. Love, care is essential to shower the seed in soil, but the rays of life are must to bring life and strength in the small seed. In the same way, the strict attitude of father beings the teaching to children, it makes them strong to face the world and survive, and to reach the hills of success."

I stated what I learned from my father. His teachings and his strictness somehow taught me so much and for that I can't put words into meaning.

We sat in silence as I allowed him to consider my words but why he would since he is walking on these lessons.

"Your strict behavior is necessary Jerry but not always. I am sorry I have no right to tell you what's to be done and how. But being a daughter I can say this. Not always." I stated in hints allowing him to decipher the meaning of my words.

I nodded looking back at the frame in his hands.

With mammoth efforts, I put my thoughts in words finally.

"What happened, Jerry?" I forced the words out in hesitation.

"How she left us all?" he enunciated further.

I merely nodded; not being able to move in the burden of anticipation.

"She gave her life protecting what's precious to our Kingdom." He stated looking ahead in the space.

Precious? I was unable to comprehend what exactly he meant by precious.

"Precious?"

"Our Princess." He whispered with utmost care bowing his head a little.

The brows above my eyes came together almost becoming one in complete surprise.

Princess A V!

"Yes Princess."

I sat attentive and eager for him to elaborate and explain but also a part of me was guilty to bring back the pain of memories with our discussion.

"Sahira was the security head of our Princess." He initiated; his tone firm yet a hint of turmoil could be caught in his words.

"The best in her work. That's why she was chosen to do this job. A job that is the prime priority of our Kingdom." He spoke with pride shimmering in his voice.

Indeed she must be the best at her job that's why she was Princess A V's security in charge. Why and how can Mr. Valentine sacrifice anything less than best and prefect for Princess? I wondered staring at the cast in Jerry's leg.

"You know we always used to tease her for this responsibility. As it's one of the most decorated job of our kingdom. And it always annoyed her. She always used to get annoyed and angry and then we had to pursue her with different tricks." 

"She was very difficult to deal with when it comes to anger." His voice held the whispers of joy recalling the moments he spent with his sister. Eyes twinkling with the love he held of her cherishing the moment.

Even in the flashes of past he is with his sister, daughter.

That's how life works, the rule of nature snatch our loved ones away from us. But the memories hold the treasure for us to relive those moments and hold them in our arms.

Forever and always!

I closed my eyes as they felt heavy. The smiling face of someone precious flashed in front of my eyes, telling me to stop those tears. I smiled nodding with the bile in my own throat.

"I miss you."

"You don't have to, I'm here with you. Always!" The voice whispered fading away from vision but strengthening in my heart.

I sat with brimming eyes searching the last fragments of my left someone before Jerry's voice reminded me of my empty hands.

"Tiara was her soul." I blinked back to present putting my mind to the conversation.

He chuckled forcefully, "The mother and the daughter both shared a beautiful bond which apparently always annoyed her mate."

"Mate?"

"Her husband Niera, the one who loved her more than the life itself."

Soul mate!

"Yes, Soul mate."

"Why?" I asked with sheer curiosity.

He turned to face me; his face smiling gleefully at the elation of past.

"Well according to him, the ancient historic theories states," he laughed whole heartily before continuing.

"That, daughters are more bonded with fathers and sons with their mothers. Not the other way round which was the exact case here." He revealed.

I chuckled at the explanation. The theory was old and apparently most common and believable from the old times.

Our soft laughter brought change of freshness in stale air.

"He always used to crib over the same matter and both mother-daughter duo use it against him. But they had his love, his unconditional love. He loves them both." His smile faded as he spoke the last statement.

I placed my hand on his palm; squeezing it to offer comfort. His glossy gaze met mine with a small warm smile.

"What about Tiara? How she is taking it?" I voiced out with hesitation.

Jerry sighed audibly before speaking, his voice holding the overwhelming grief that almost brought the thickening in surroundings.

"You have seen her Niera; my child has now come closer to her Dada. But her bond with her mother is far more strong than any of us." he explained looking straight at the wall away from us.

I can't even comprehend how the child has faced this grief and pain losing her mother. If Jerry is shattered in Sahira's absence how Tiara coped with loss. My heart shuddered putting myself at her place.

Not even for a second a child can imagine a life without the caring shield of mother.

Parents are the blessing of god but god himself resides in them.

I wonder if Tiger knows about Jerry being her uncle.

"She does know Niera." Jerry whispered breaking my train of thoughts.

I gape, biting my lips in realization whereas my heart seethed in anger.

"It's just she understands that what situations are in front of her, us. She has to accept them. Of course, the absence of her father bothers her. But she has learnt to make peace with her past and present." He enunciated further.

I sat rooted at my place utterly flabbergasted at what Jerry revealed to me.

It isn't to live with a void that your loved ones left you to live with and above that holding the heart of maturity when your strength being snatched away from you, leave you in the middle of nowhere.

Losing two most important people of life: pillar of strength and shelter of love.

How she survived this when most of the people would have lost themselves in this cyclone of pain and sufferings, grief.

"I wonder how?" I don't know when and how I whispered what my heart was crying to know.

"Majesty." A name skipped his mouth and my heart leaped a beat.

My gaze snapped to his gloomy face staring at Sahira's photograph anticipating answer.

"Mr. Valentine?" I whispered softly; his Caribbean blue eyes flashed in front of my eyes with an eccentric emotion that left me in haywire.

"Yes, Majesty." He nodded affirmative.

"It was Him." His answer shocked me to core.

"Sometimes being with the person going through the same sorrow helps you to live with your pain." He stated sparing a glance at my way. A faint smile crossed his lips which showcased only melancholy.

Same grief, company of person having the equal grief? Does that mean Mr. Valentine has gone through the same grief?

"I—I don't understand Jerry, Mr. Valentine going through the same grief?" I somewhat cried out.

For a moment I felt heaviness was crushing me inside it.

My words caught in my throat, my heart twisted felt the needles pricking to the core. I felt a feeling of uneasiness washing over me.

"Yes, same grief! In fact his grief is bigger, much bigger." He whispered the last part; shutting his eyes close speaking.

The pain! The pain his eyes hide but his gaze shows. The grief rushing inside him but his command never allow it to showcase.

When I perceived his sadness; I wasn't wrong. I was accurate actually but our strings joined whispering the true mirror of his heart.

Something has happened to this King; he has lost something important, something important in his life.

But the fair question is 'Who'?

Will he answer me? A faint whisper from inside resonated with a soft yet strong hope.

Perhaps not. Since who am I to him, how will he tell me?

And why should he tell me?

Perhaps I speak too much!

In fact I have already spoken too much.

"No in reality, you hide so much and too efficiently." Jerry's soft murmur dragged me out of my lost world.

"You never allow anyone to look and perceive inside you; like a closed chest of charm locked up and restricted to even peep." He enunciated further staring at me with a small smile of amazement.

I stole my gaze looking down at my intertwined arms resting upon my lap.

I have to; I'm not person people will love if opened the chest of agony inside me. I sighed internally.

Not having the will and strength to continue; I shifted my gaze to the frame in his hand. With a hesitant yet firm move; I took the frame from his hands, he let me.

Taking the photograph in my hand; I analyzed the smile of her serene face.

Beautiful smile; playful eyes; a face screaming volatile flippant personality blended with maturity!

She is beautiful! Her smile is very charming!

Jerry's chuckle penetrated my accessing gaze on Sahira. I glance at him only to find his eyes on her smiling face.

"Indeed! But you haven't seen her when she laughs; I used to tease her for that."

"Why?" I asked with a frown and smile making a way on my face simultaneously.

"Because her laughter was carefree, unaffected from the world living in the moment laughter, that brings the world to smile along with her." he implored recalling his memories.

Oh!

"Just like Aunt Bambi!" a soft squeal resonated buried in grief; it gained my attention and pierced my heart.

Turning we witnessed Tiara standing there in her white night pajamas. A long lost expression of longing marring her face.

Absolute stillness surrounded in atmosphere and shock gripped my conscience.

Her face was fallen and drenched in sadness. Her big eyes were moist; holding her pain through her tears.

"Tiger." I whispered looking at her gloomy face.

She came bouncing on her feet, too eager to climb on her father's lap.

Taking the frame from my hand; I found her gazing at the smiling face of her mother.

The grief of her didn't need any words for explanation; I could distinctly feel it through her shaky breaths.

I placed my hand on her hand that was caressing her mother's face.

"Momma calls me Tiger." she whispered in a broken tone which shattered my heart into million pieces.

"Only Sahira, others were forbidden to call her with this endearment." Jerry provided to my shaken self an explanation which I took time to consider and comprehend.

I shifted my heavy gaze to his gloomy face which was offering a smile of his in the moment.

My mind drifted to the memory of that day when I first met her; the first time she called me Aunt Bambi and I asked her by which name she wants me to call her. The hesitation and moist emotion in Jerry's eyes was clear and readable when I proposed this name, 'Tiger'. His denial and rejection but Tiara's jumping and insisting for using the same endearment.

***

"Shall we?" Jerry asked.

"What shall I call you?" she asked suddenly, her words halted Jerry's step.

Well this is very simple but I hope Jerry don't have any objection. Taking her from Jerry, I hugged her tightly then asked, "What you call Serene?"

Shifting my gaze to Jerry, I watched his expression. "Aunt Serene." She whispers.

"Hmm... How about you call me Aunt Bambi?" I suggested and the gleeful smile spread on her face was my reward. She hugs me tight but cautious enough not to touch the wound.

Behind her, Jerry is smiling. But his expressions are very deep; his eyes met mine while mine carry a hesitation over my decision, his eyes carrying something deep and intense. Patting my head with affection, he mouthed thank you. His eyes a bit glassy.

"Aunt Bambi, we'll meet soon. You take medicines and take care. Bye!" she shifted back to Jerry while waving. "Yes, I'll princess, you too take care." I waved back while smiling.

"NO!! Sorry, we can't use this title as endearment." Jerry injected, his content face is now tense.

Frowning, I agreed, "Okay."

"Tiger!!" Tiara piped in. "Can she call me, Tiger? No one calls me this now." She pleaded to Jerry while kissing his cheek.

In return, he just nodded grimace.

***

At that time I was unable to comprehend the emotions swiveling in their eyes but now I understand what this endearment and person associated with name means to them.

How difficult it was for him to hear this name whenever we were together, for Tiara for allowing someone else to be at the place where she always saw her mother.

Anyone can perform the task of mother but no one can be the mother. The place she holds for her child is sacred and is only hers, forever and always!

Maa!

A thick bile rose in my throat as a face of serenity and purity made its appearance in my eyes.

Maa!

Smiling at the name which I hold as the source of my strength, I shifted my eyes back the child holding despair in her eyes.

Her gaze was transfixed completely upon the frame as she sat caressed the glass with utter care and devotion.

Love and longing were the only emotion that ruled her face so as they ruled the atmosphere. She cradled the photo to her chest; putting all her heart feeling her mother, the moment was so special; it brought moisture in my eyes that desired to spill out. But I knew I wasn't allowed to; I wasn't allowed to cascade the tears.

We all sat in complete silence in each other's company; while Jerry and Tiara sat smiling at the frame. I sat beside them absorbing the love they held for Sahira, the hollowness they hold in her absence.

Sahira, I can't even comprehend the hollowness your absence left them in.

Straightening, I faced them with a bright smile plastered on my face; a smile of encouragement.

"So, how about I know more about Sahira?" I asked in anticipating enthusiasm. The trick was to bring back the smile of genuineness in them and the reason could only be Sahira.

This gained their attention as Jerry wiped his unshed tears before flashing his smile. He kept his hand softly at Tiger to encourage her. She gave one loving look at the photograph before looking at me blankly; I could distinctly feel the turmoil of melancholy ruling her conscience.

I opened my arms inviting her and she accepted the invitation leaping in my arms. My gaze went to Jerry's leg which he straightened as Tiger shifted to my arms.

Taking the picture in her arms; she settled herself in my arms; her heart and mind were not willing to leave the frame.

Like the arms of her mother!

She faced me, our eyes met before I offered a soft smile which she returned through her tight ones before I gave a kiss on her forehead.

Settling comfortably ourselves on the couch; we initiated the conversation that Sahira and her etiquettes ruled.

I listened to them intently as they shared about Sahira.

The air which was moments ago was thick with distress and misery was now sprinkling the smiling memories of love, care and family.

Sahira!

The more I came to know about; the more her personally intrigued me!

Indeed! My subconscious remarked.

She is a vibrant personality. I wish we could meet. A desire evolved in my heart.

But what happened in that tragedy? Sanity raised this query in my mind.

I stole a glance of their smiling faces; eyes speaking the joy of their heart; showcasing the love and adoration they hold for Sahira.

No!

I shuddered to even penetrate the joy of this moment.

No, I don't have the courage to wipe away the happiness of their faces throwing them in grief by recalling the reminisce of that fateful day.

"Niera?" Jerry's voice pierced my train of thoughts. I diverted my eyes and attention to him.

"Yes?"

"Shall I ask you something?" he asked looking at me intently; anticipating an answer.

I frowned at his request before nodding, "Of course."

What it could be? I wondered as I waited for him to continue.

He took a deep breath as if contemplating whether he should continue or not.

"I know you won't but," he sighed heavily before continuing. There was a hesitation in his tone and un-sure-ity in his eyes yet something worth concerning I felt peeping through his guarded gaze.

"But don't judge him for his outer shell. We often do mistakes in judging people in our own misconceptions which leads us to great loss." He stated looking ahead at the blank space.

"Here, the loss will be lethal." He murmured almost in his mouth.

I sat utterly bemused and flabbergasted listening to him but I was aware without even a mention that for whom he was speaking about.

Mr. Valentine!

My heart beats went errant just as my heart whispered his name; something that has become a habit of my heart since I have met him.

He continued further breaking the rhythm of my pulse, "Just trust your heart that is willing to trust him. Apparently the path is confusing but trust your instincts and walk. Nothing wrong will happen because you have your Saviour there for you." He concluded staring at me with sheer concentration.

My Saviour!

Jerry averted his eyes to Tiara who sat cradling her mother's picture to her heart while sheer plain blankness surrounded me comprehending his words.

They threw me to space with no strings of comprehension.

"Why would you say that Jerry?" I asked voicing out the wailing of my sanity.

"I won't explain you but only I can allow myself you offer a request." He spoke in puzzles; not diverting his gaze and words to straight manner.

"Why my trust is essential?"

"The Trust is Essential." He spoke decisively; firmness ruling his tone. A deep change I caught which was eccentric to me.

Trust is Essential!

***

April 11, 2018

It always hurts not to have a last Good Bye!

Writing this chapter was the hardest. The blend of tears and memoires I experienced creating this one.

*Flashback reference: Chapter 14 – Old Pain, New Wounds*

Knowing Sahira more through Jerry's eyes; how was it?

Why this Trust is so essential; for a point it is. It is essential, because Trust is the foundation of bonds as well as for Love.

Excited for a next chapter?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Would love to hear your views.

Don't Forget to Vote, Comment and Share with friends. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

79.2K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
Luna Audrey Від ~Val

Перевертні

5.7M 154K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
Lost Luna Від Heather Miller

Перевертні

20.8M 679K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...
635K 20.4K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...