Everything's gonna work out j...

By Iwroteabook

Emotions are strange, and growing up doesn't just include that change in one's self, but-much to a certain he... More

I hate penguins
Starting to Change
New Emotions, Good and Bad
From dreams to nightmares
From Dreams to Nightmares part 2
Cloud Hunt Go!
The Gang Reunites
Drama Bombs!
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
Kidnapped by Cake
A Broken Family
Escape Plan
Friends Help Friends Decorate
'Twas the Night Before the Ball
Early Grand Finale
An Epic Battle
Bad Little Girl
Where is Fionna?
Battle of Affections
Decision Train
Home
Thank you
Epilogue: Surprise!

Prologue: Fionna cakes are for Fionna only

2.9K 63 7
By Iwroteabook

It was an amazing day in the land of Aaa. The sun shined above the earth, and big, white, fluffy clouds floated in the sky. A young, hero girl ran across the grasslands at full speed.

"Faster, Cake!" She said as a large, magical cat ran not far along behind her.

"I'm running as fast as I can, Fionna!" The cat said, shrinking down to normal size. "Why are we in such a big hurry to get back home, anyway?" Cake asked, trying to keep up with the human girl.

"We need to get back there before BMO eats all of my 'Fionna cakes'." Fionna said, referring to the cupcakes that no one is allowed to eat but her.

They stopped at their home, a magnificent tree house. Cake turned her hand into a key form and unlocked the door.

Once Fionna heard the click, indicating that the front door was unlocked, she burst through the door, ran through the treasure room, up the stairs, past the living room, and into the kitchen. Only to find her 'Fionna cakes' untouched. Except one was missing some frosting! Fionna knew it too, she could tell.

Cake feared that Fionna wouldn't talk to BMO, even for a week. Cake suddenly started to feel bad. Fionna was standing there with a cupcake in her hand, eyes closed, and breathing deeply. She was trying to calm herself down. Cake put an arm around her best friend and simply said, "Don't worry about it. "

Fionna nodded her head in agreement. She opened her eyes and smiled weakly.

"Yeah, it's just a little frosting anyway. Nothing too major." She said, putting all of her cupcakes in her secret hiding spot. "BMO is forgiven." Fionna said in a loud voice, but in her head she was saying, "For now."

The little video game system came out from hiding under a blanket,. "Oh, thank Glob!" said BMO, giving a relived look. Fionna looked at BMO and smiled.

After about an hour of the two girls playing video games on BMO, they realized that the sun was going down. They decided to head to bed.

Fionna took a shower, and Cake...well, she's a cat. She basically just licked herself clean, which often grossed Fionna out to the point where she would have to look away.

When Fionna came out of the shower, wrapped in a big, warm, fuzzy bathrobe, she saw Cake fast asleep in the drawer that she substituted as a bed. Fionna smiled at the sight of her sister's comfort. She changed into her red pj's, and put on her bunny hat. She then jumped into her bed to get ready to go to sleep.

Ten minutes went by and Fionna was wide-eyed, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. She tossed and turned, but she had given up on trying to sleep, she was just too energized.

She looked over at Cake, who was still asleep. Quietly, Fionna left her bed. She climbed down the ladder, and entered the living room. She lit a candle and walked into the kitchen. She reentered the living room, again, but this time she had a big red apple in her hands. She had picked it when she and Cake were at Mr. Tree Trunks' house. It was by far the most red apple ever. She set the apple on the coffee table, and lit a few more candles.

As she sat on the couch she opened a big book, entitled 'The Enchiridion: Hero's Handbook'. She had gotten it after passing trails testing her heroic attributes. Fionna loved reading 'The Enchiridion', she loved learning new battle attacks and strategies for defeating evil. Fionna very much enjoyed killing all things evil. Even her moto was "I'll slay anything that's evil, that's my deal." Except there was one evil that Fionna would never think of slaying. Well, technically, Fionna wouldn't consider it evil, just corrupted.

Then, her mind started thinking about him: Marshall Lee, the vampire king. Fionna smiled at the thought of her best guy friend. She loved going on adventures with him because he could take care of himself, unlike Prince Gumball, who would always get prince-napped by Ice Queen. But Fionna hated the fact that Marshall thought that he was evil. He wasn't evil, just a troublemaker.

Just then the candle lights went out. Fionna closed the book. "Speaking of the devil." she thought to herself.

Fionna let out a sigh and said aloud, "Don't you have to be invited inside before you come in?"

"Well, it's my house." said a voice that Fionna easily recognized.

And the candles lit up at the snap of the fingers. The firey light revealed Marshall Lee. He wore his usual clothing, which was a black and red flannel, jeans, and maroon tennis shoes. His jet black hair was messed up and shaggy, but it always suited him.

The two's faces were inches away from each other, and they were making complete eye contact.

"How's my little bunny doing on this night?" said Marshall, breaking the silence.

"Shut up, I told you not to call me that anymore!" Fionna yelled, but she quickly lowered her voice, careful not to wake Cake.

Marshall floated above her, flashing his fangs. "Why not? It suits you." He said, casually.

Fionna shot him a death glare, which made him smile even more.

"So, what are you doing up so late? Shouldn't you be asleep, Fionna? After all, it's way past your bedtime. " Marshall chuckled, but Fionna did not find this amusing.

"I don't have a bedtime. I can stay up however long I want to!" Fionna spat out.

Marshall was surprised. He had never heard Fionna speak so direct and strong. But Marshall realized that Fionna was 16, almost 17. They had known each other for almost 5 years now, and through those years Fionna experienced a lot of changes, both physically and emotionally. Marshall, however, had stayed exactly the same, being a vampire, he stayed young forever.

Now that Fionna was going through her teen years, her rebellious stage would start to kick in, which made Marshall grin with excitement.

He picked Fionna up bridal style and gently sat her down on the couch.

"I'm sorry, Fi. I didn't mean to make you mad, I know exactly what your going through." he said.

"What are you talking about?" said a confused Fionna. A grin spread across Marshall's face and he just stared at her, which made her really uncomfortable.

Marshall sat on the couch with her, and Fionna asked, "What do you mean 'What I'm going through?'"

Marshall scooted closer, causing her to blush. He then tried to explain.

"Well, since you're getting older, you'll start to go through your rebellious stage. You'll basically want to go against everything your told. And you...hey, what are you doing? " Marshall questioned, as he noticed Fionna was missing from the couch, and in the kitchen.

"I got hungry." Fionna said, simply. "And you got boring." she added.

Then, Marshall started eyeing the shiny red apple that still sat on the coffee table. Fionna noticed him staring at the apple. She quickly ran and jumped over the couch, saying, "Oh, no, you don't!" Fionna attempted to grab the apple as she jumped through the air, but Marshall beat her to it.

"Hey, give that back, it's mine!" Fionna said, but Marshall just laughed and floated upwards, making Fionna jump, only to grab his foot. She pulled him down and pinned him into a head lock.

"Alright, alright! Mercy!" Marshall said, as Fionna nuggied him, messing up his hair even more.

"GIve me the apple back." she commanded. He handed it too her, and she let him go.

"What? How is it already midnight?" Fionna said, looking at the clock.

Marshall tried to grab the apple again, but threw a couch pillow at him.

"Come on, Fi. I'm hungry." Marshall protested.

"Then you should have ate before you came here." said Fionna. "Wait a minute. Why did you come here?" she asked.

Marshall just shrugged. "I came here to see my favorite human, of course."

That comment only made Fionna blush. "You mean 'only human' right?" she said sadly, and sat back on the couch.

Marshall didn't mean to upset her. He floated down onto the couch, closer to Fionna than before. He put a friendly arm around her and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." he tried to apologize, but she wasn't looking at him. That made him frown.

"We can go on an adventure. It doesn't have to be right now, it can be tomorrow, or the day after that, or next week. When ever you want, okay?" He said.

Fionna looked at him and smiled. "Alright, I guess." said Fionna, trying to hide her excitement.

"Right on! Just give me a call whenever." Marshall said. "Anyway, I should get going before the sun rises. See you later, Fi." the vampire said, before leaving through the window.

Fionna sighed after he left. By now, she was very sleepy.

As she was climbing the ladder back up to her bedroom, she looked back in the living room, and noticed the pale gray apple sitting on the coffee table.

"How does he do it?" Fionna said to herself, before she went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 15 7
kinda bad
2.8K 353 68
Just s short little story about young love, self discovery, and finding happiness even when things don't go the way we hoped they would.
210 0 23
Is it a love story? Maybe. It would be clearly defined as 'complicated'... It's hurtful and confusing, yet, my thoughts puzzle me with each step I ta...
1.2K 17 36
Brush my teeth, get dressed, go to school and do homework. That's what my life was about, occasionally going to parties. But when a new kid comes to...