Young & Reckless- Diggy Simmo...

By Daniel143Imani

More

Young & Reckless- Diggy Simmons
Click Clack Away
The Arrival
Hello World
I Need To Know
Two Up Part 1
Two Up Part 2
Special Occasion
Glow in the Dark
Make You Mine
Be My Baby
As I Am
You Got Me Now
You Come First
Young Forever
You Da One
One Less Lonely Girl
Favorite Girl
I Love You
Kissing Games
We Belong Together
Birthday Girl
Bithday Love
Birthday Cake
I Got You
Dream
Right By My Side
Back To December ~ 1
Back To December ~ 2
Back To December ~ 3

Put You On

1.8K 23 1
By Daniel143Imani

Imani's P.O.V

I passed Jazzy and my ticket to the man behind the counter and waited for him to pass it back. I was so excited for this concert I was bouncing around like an energizer bunny. I took my tickets and put them in my back pocket. I pulled my ipod and Jazzy and I took a picture in front of the booth before taking our seats. I saved the picture and sent it to my mom quickly. We looked around and began pointing out ratchet girls. Most of the girls at the concert were half dressed or wearing colored hair, resembling the OMG girlz or Nicki Minaj. They were working too hard to attract Diggy's attention for Four Letter Word. They all looked the same so how did they expect Diggy to pick them out? I hate when people don't have their own style.

Jazzy and I laughed at an Emmanuel Hudson look-a-like and then swag walked to our seats. I was wearing black and gold shorts (black on one pant leg and gold on the other), a black and gold Diggy tee shirt with a cut at the neck line to show a little cleavage, gold hoops, and gold high top Supras. Jazzy was wearing a red and white Miss Diggy Simmons tee shirt, red shorts, white and red Jordan's, and white hoop earrings.

I sat down in my seat and crossed my legs. I was excited about this concert, but the last thing I needed to do was get too hype before the show even started and over heat in the middle of it. Jazzy sat next to me and we talked about our expectations for our first Diggy Simmons concert.

"I just hope that if Diggy throws something into the audience and it just happens to float towards me, the girl next to us doesn't try to fight. She know she ain't about that life" Jazzy said.

"I definitely agree. But, in a way I hope that he does pick me for Four Letter Word, but then again I don't" I replied.

"Why?" she asked.

"That's just doin' too much. I got to talk to him on the phone, I saw him in person, I got to go to a concert, and I get to see him backstage... Anything more is just too much" I explained.

She nodded her head and did the side duck face.

"I guess I understand" she responded.

"Exactly. So I guess I can say... I'm good" I added pursing my lips together.

"But, I also don't want to be slammed into this big ass security guard right here"

"I know right. Best believe imma stand up and sing and dance and holler to the top of my lungs, but I am not getting slammed into this humpty dumpty"

"Right"

"But, I do want to see him really put on tonight. Like I mean I want to like go weak in the knees at what he does"

"YESSS!!!"

We rambled on for a few more minutes about our expectations and desires and then the lights dimmed down. Spotlights covered the stage and DJ SpinKing entered from stage right. The whole crowd cheered and I stood up out of my seat. My heart beat picked up, my hands began to shake uncontrollably, my legs went numb, and my stomach began to turn flips. I looked over at Jazzy who was cheesing like a Siamese cat and nudged her a little bit. I pulled out my ipod and snapped pictures of Spin and a couple of Jazzy and I. Suddenly, the crowd began to scream like animals and I looked up to see what was going on. Pictures of Diggy flashed across the screen behind SpinKing making me scream as well.

"Y'all ready for Diggy!!!?" Spin asked.

"HEEEEEELLLLL YEAAAHHH!!!" Jazzy and I screamed in unison.

"I SAID ARE YOU READY FOR DIGGY!!!!" he hollered.

"FUCK YES!!!" I yelled.

We all began to chant his name repetitively hoping to get a glimpse of his beautiful face. I swear I was the loudest though. We screamed his name for only a few minutes, though it seemed like hours. Next thing I knew the lights had gone completely off and then one spot light shown. And out of the floor of the stage Diggy began to rise up. He was wearing a black v-neck tee, black skinnies, black and gold high top Nike's, two gold chains (no pun intended), and the black and gold hat I got him. I smiled wide and let out a loud scream. I still hold my case on the fact that I was the loudest 'cause Diggy looked down at me, smiled, winked,.then waved. I waved back and clutched my heart. He is just so delicious!! Diggy then began to speak into the mic.

"In December 2009... I fell in love with music" he started.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music stopped and Diggy told us to have a good night and that he loved us. I screamed that I loved him too and then began to exit the stadium. I was all sweaty and gross all over, but managed to not sweat out my relaxer. But on the other hand, Jazzy's hair was disgusting. I started to dial my mother's number, when a woman with long dark brown locks with light brown tips grabbed my arm lightly. I was a little thrown aback and pissed off that someone was man handling me and looked at her up and down. I stopped Jazzy and she turned around. She turned around and saw the woman causing her eyebrows to clash together.

"Can I help you?" I asked pulling my arm away from her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to grab your arm like that. I was calling you and you hadn't answered. Diggy wants to see you" she answered.

Then I remembered that I was supposed to go see Diggy back stage. Wow he actually called someone to come get me!

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot" I said turning to follow her.

"Wait you are Imani Lovelace right?" she asked stopping me for a moment.

I pulled out my ID and showed it to her. She smiled and asked us to follow her. We hopped on stage and walked towards the black curtains. The stage was much bigger than it looked from the auditorium seats. It was a lot dirtier too. I fixed my hair and lip gloss and tried to make myself look less sweaty unlike Jazzy who was soaked with sweat looking as if she jumped into a pool and then jumped right back out.

The woman pushed the curtains back and permitted us to enter the back stage. Diggy was sitting in a black leather chair wiping the sweat from his brow with a wash cloth. He started to chug his water. As soon as I saw him my stomach began to turn flips and my heart beat picked up. I turned to the woman and thanked her. She smiled and then exited leaving Diggy, Jazzy, and I alone. My eyes trailed around the room and the things surrounding us. As I looked around Diggy's eyes caught mine causing a lump to form in my throat. He capped his water and sat it on the glass table next to the snap back I got him. He smiled at me sheepishly and rose up.

"Hey wassup" he said wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey great show" I replied pulling away.

He hugged Jazzy briefly and then centered his eyes back at me.

"Thank you" he said smirking.

"No thank you that show was dope" Jazzy cut in.

Yeah I don't think he was talkin' to you! I smiled shyly and looked down at my Supra's.

"You wanna take a seat?" he asked pointing to the other two leather chairs in the room.

"Sure" I answered adding a laugh at the end.

"Chocho" Jazzy said.

I took a seat across from Diggy and Jazzy sat next to me.

Diggy's P.O.V

I sat down and grabbed another water. I sipped it not taking my eyes off of Imani and then capped it. Now's my chance.

"What grade are y'all in?" I asked.

"We're both about to me Juniors" what's-her-face answered.

"Dope" I replied taking another sip of water.

"You're about to be a senior right?" Imani asked.

"Yeah" I answered."What did you do for the rest of your birthday?"

"Umm I went on a date"

Damn!

"Dope. What did you get for your birthday?"

"Umm... Mainly sneakers"

"Really? What kinds?"

"Some 12's, Adida's, Vans, and some 6's"

"I love 6's"

"Really!? Me too!"

A smile formed on my face making my butterflies get worse.

"What color?" I asked trying to get rid of my smile.

"Black" she answered.

"What? Hol' on I'll be right back" I replied.

I jogged to my dressing room and immediately spotted my black 6's sitting on a plastic table. I grabbed them and brought them back to the backstage area. Imani's mouth dropped and she rose up and went over to me to check them out. She grabbed the right shoe and flipped it over to see the pattern on the bottom of the shoe.

"These are the one's I have!" she said handing it back to me.

"Really? I heard that they were only like one hundred of them in America" I replied feeling a little skeptical towards her.

"You right. My dad works in Staten Island during the summer and he drives up to Manhattan to boutiques and stuff and they were selling one pair for like a hundred dollars when you know they're like mad expensive" she replied. "Actually I have a picture of them. I had to tweet them and you know show them off"

I started to hear a thick New York accent in her voice and it was making me smile the longer I talked to her. She showed me a picture from her ipod and they were the one's.

"These are my babies!! Like you have to be special for me to wear them to any event that you're hosting" she said putting her ipod away.

I looked down at her sneakers and she was wearing a limited edition gold Supra's. Two thoughts were going through my mind right now. One, she has impeccable sneaker game and two, why didn't she wear the 6's to my concert!?

"You're not wearing them now" I mentioned taking a seat.

"Hahaha see what had happened was" she started.

I burst out laughing and shook my head.

"I ain't want none of these nappy headed, Nicki Minaj weave wearing, lil' girls to step on my 6's" she said.

I started laughing harder, barely able to get a word out.

"Wooowww" I said shaking my head.

"But nah on the real I needed more gold to go with my outfit" she responded.

"You are too funny"

I saw her turn five shades of red and her head went down. I looked over at what's-her-face and she was playing a game on her phone, completely ignoring us. I still felt really guilty for not figuring out her name.

"Jazmond!!" Imani hollered.

Thank the Lord!!

"Huh?! Whatchu want!?" Jazmond asked with a hint of agitation on her voice.

"Don't mind her. She gets bored easily" Imani said looking at me.

"It's fine" I replied smiling awkwardly.

"You talkin' to yo man, I'm thinkin' bout food. Lemme 'lone!" Jazmond exclaimed.

I started laughing and sipped my water.

"She just rude" Imani added scooting away from her.

"Y'all are a trip" I said finishing my water.

"Yeah she's my best friend. I love her. But sometimes, I just want to shake her little ass"

"That's how I feel about Roger sometimes"

"Where is Roger by the way?"

"He's at his mom's house"

"Cool"

"Was this your first concert?"

"Concert in general? Yeah"

"Oh did you have fun?"

"The best time ever"

"That's good"

"The ride here was brutal though"

"You must not travel very much"

"Nah I go on road trips with my dad all over the east coast and some of the middle of the US like all the time. It was brutal 'cause I was too excited to take a nap or anything. This one over here slept the whole way"

"Hahahahaha wow"

We talked and vibed for almost an hour. My time limit was actually fifteen minutes, but it didn't matter we had a two day break starting tomorrow. We talked as if we knew each other forever and I felt like she was being real with me and being herself, but everyone knows how to pretend. But then again, once Jazmond joined in the conversation about embarrassing school moments her and Imani were laughing hysterically. Not once did Jazmond say "You know that didn't happen" or "Stop frontin' that's not true", which are usually indications that she was putting on a front. I really wanted to get to know Imani as the person that her friends and family know her as. But by the way we were vibing and laughing with each other I had already knew that I would be texting her tonight.

We took some pictures together on her ipod and phone and then Jazmond and I took a couple as well. After I signed Imani's ipod case she gave me the warmest hug I'd ever felt. The same electricity sparked through my body, making me wonder if she felt the same spark that I felt whenever she touched me.

I walked her to her car and gave her and Jazmond one last hug.

"Take care Diggy!" Imani called as she got into her car.

"Bye Diggs" Jazmond yelled out of the window.

I waved and watched as they drove out of the empty parking lot. I turned on my heels and walked back to the stadium.

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imani's P.O.V

I put on some Cookie Monster pajama pants and a black spaghetti tee shirt. I layed in the bed next to a knocked out Jazzy and logged on to twitter. I sat in my bed with my Skull Candy earphones in and blasted "You Come First" by Jacob Latimore. @diggy_simmons put it DOWN tonight!! Y'all shulda been dere. It was too dope! #JetsettersStayUp! I started to read Mindless Behavior's tweets and responded to a couple things from Ray Ray. That boy is twitter addicted! I started to tweet something about what I was doing at that very moment when my song was interrupted by a cow's moo-ing. I only reserved the cow's moo for numbers that I didn't know and I was kind of curious to figure out who it was. I clicked View and a New York number popped up. Hey it's Diggy the text read. I smiled and did a victory dance. I would've shaken Jazzy to scream that Diggy had actually texted me, but she would've slapped me. Crazy ass -_-

I= Hey! Wassup

D= Chillin at my hotel u?

I= Ehh... Watchin'... I tink The Boondocks?

D= Never seen dat

I= U wuldnt want to

D= Lol!! Is it dat bad?

I= Perrty much :|

D= Dang

I= It's about like sum black dudes who move to the burbs...

D= -_- wow

I= Exactly

D= I had a good time with u today ;)

I= Hmm... U to..

D= Lol!! Hahaha aight I see how it is

I= Lml jk jk jk I had fun witchu too

D= Watchu doin for the 4th?

I= Man nothin. U?

D= I'm goin home

I= Cool. I'm stuck here :(

D= U can come too if u want...

I= Ha! Yeah right!! U cray cray

D= Ikr! Lol I was hoping u'd say no

I= Hahaha lmaaoooo nice

D= Yupp

I= What made u text me?

D= I just want to get to kno u more

I= Oh kool. I thought u were just bein nice...

D= Nah u're really cool. So I was kinda like.. why not?

I= I mean u ain't hav to text me. I wulda been fine if u hadn't

D= I don't? K bye

I= Bye

D= Hahaha lmfao I was just playin withcu girl. I'm serious. I really do wanna get to kno u more

I= Oh I was thinkin "this nigga is a jerk!!"

D= I'm not really like dat

I= I'm glad. Mean celebs are just horrible

D= Definitely

I= Man I wuld love to talk to u all night. But i'm tired as a mofo

D= Lol!! Haha okay good night ttyl :)

I= Night ttyl ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1.5K 25
"we're just bestfriends." 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒..