Living With A Payne (Watty Aw...

By _juandirection

Katia and Kat Brisbane are fraternal twins in Australia, given up at birth to their careless aunt, who's daug... More

Living With A Payne
Chapter 2: Another World
Chapter 3: If You Fall Asleep...Then At Least You're Next To Me.
Chapter 4: Stuck In Her Daydream
Chapter 5: Isn't She Lovely
Chapter 6: You Numb Me, You Still Seem To Stun Me
Chapter 7: Don't Walk Away From Me
Chapter 8: Maybe Tonight I'll Call You
Chapter 9: What More Can I Do? I Am Still Painting Flowers For You
Chapter 10: All My Secrets Away
Chapter 11: What I Wanted to Say
Chapter 12: Even if You Cannot Hear My Voice
Chapter 13: Rescue Me
Chapter 14: I Think I Love You Better Now
Chapter 15: Begin Again
Chapter 16: He's My Angel...With A Shotgun
Chapter 17: Stop There And Let Me Correct It:
Chapter 18: And I Didn't Even Need Your Love
Chapter 19: Forever and Always? Nah...
Chapter 20: You're Losing Your Memory...Now.
Chapter 21: What Hurts The Most.
Chapter 21: I'm A Dead Man Walking
Chapter 23: You Got All My Friends Saying "Whoa-a-a-oh"
Chapter 25: Where We Land
Chapter 26: Stand In The Daylight
Chapter 27: Everybody Wants To Love
Chapter 28: I Can Show You I'll Be The One
Chapter 29: I Know You Can Save Me
Chapter 30: Can I Be Close To You?
Chapter 31: Would He Say He's In L-O-V-E? I Would.
Chapter 32: Look In To My Eyes And Believe
Chapter 33: I'm Tired of Being Alone
Chapter 34: Oxygen Reminds Me I Lost Her
Chapter 35: You Know My Heart By Heart
Chapter 36: Lovers Dance When They're Feeling In Love
Chapter 37: All About Us

Chapter 24: Who's Thinking About You Now?

3.8K 29 17
By _juandirection

Hello Lovlies! 

Sorry! I havent upadated this is like forever! I've been so busy with the start of school, and Luke (church org.) So anywho, I hope you like it! I'll try to update faster so I can finish this and The Real Harry styles by the watty awards deadline! VOTE VOTE VOTE! 

please and thank you!

xx Katia

Chapter 24: Who's Thinking About You Now?

(Liam’s POV)

I felt restless.

I don’t know how long I’d spent recalling everything. I wasn’t going to lie. I missed her, and I didn’t call or stay in touch because hearing her voice was just…painful. It was so obvious she liked that Noah guy from the beach—I mean, he was taller, more muscular, and better looking than I was. I turned to look over my shoulder at the window. I figured it was almost five in the afternoon. I sat quietly on my bed, shifting my position every ten seconds as I stared at the plate of cookies on my side table.

Once upon a time, I would have eaten them all down as soon as the plate hit the nightstand, but I felt like if I did, I’d throw up.

“Liam?”

I looked up to see who it was. Kat was now leaning on the frame of the door. Her long brown hair dropped messily over her shoulders and the top of her torso. She was in simple white top and light yellow, high-waisted shorts over black tights with her black and pink vans. She frowned at me.

“Hum?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing. This is my flat—How’d you get in?” I studied her amused expression.

“Niall.” Kat pulled out a ring of silver keys with a burger key chain.

Yup.

There was no doubt it belonged to him.

“So what’s up?” I grabbed a cookie and nibbled on one side before setting it down again.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” She asked bluntly, sitting next to me on the bed.

 I stiffened. “What do you mean?”

“You and I both know what I mean Payne—Now spill. You miss her don’t you.” Her eyebrow shot up as she gave me knowing look.

“No…” I croaked out.

“You little liar.” She smirked.

“She probably doesn’t miss me either.”  I huffed.

“That’s a lie too. I should know. I lie a lot.” She seemed to admit without stopping to think about it.

“Kat—”

“Listen, we’re going to be seeing her soon! So I expect you to tell her about your feelings. Got it?” She snapped, sounding like my mother.

I suppose I couldn’t hide anything now.

“Got it.” I finally admitted, smirking.

I knew what I had to do now.

(Katia’s POV)

“You women take too long in the shower. And what for? It isn’t like you’re faces are going to change.” Gabriel grimaced when I walked out to meet him on the porch, wearing shorts and a simple crop top with ‘Manchester Rugby’ printed on it. It reminded me of Harry and how he liked the team.

“Oh shut up. Where are we going?” I frowned.

“It’s a secret.” He smirked.

“You actually prepared something?” I raised my eyebrows jokingly.

“Very funny, don’t get too used to it.” Gabriel chuckled.

“Please, I don’t plan to.” It was my turn to smirk as I started walking passed him.

“Are we there yet?” I asked for the tenth time since we got into his car. It smelled like cologne—Like Liam’s cologne. I recalled how I used to smell it all the time before I closed my eyes to sleep. I pushed the thought away as I shifted my sitting position on my chair. His leather seats felt uncomfortable under my exposed thighs. It was a bit weird if you thought about it. Maybe I shouldn’t have worn shorts today—I mean, he was in jeans and a collared shirt. I was in one of my crop tops and my faded, distressed shorts with my Keds.

“Nope.” He said simply.

“How long ‘till we get there?” I frowned.

“Five minutes less than the last time you asked.” He chuckled. “Relax Brisbane, we’re almost there!”

“Okay.” I huffed, feeling my cheeks burn when he called me by my last name. I know he did it almost everyday, but it seemed a bit different now. I wouldn’t know if it were true, or if it was just me—

I nearly jerked when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up, not bothering to look at the caller I.D as I did.

“Hello?” I said in a singsong voice.

“HEY HEY!” Grace yelled on the other line. I couldn’t help my grin. I could tell Gabriel was already looking at me, but I didn’t seem to mind.

“God! I missed you! What’s going on over there?” I asked excitedly.

“Well,” she began, sounding giddy. “There’s been a slight change of plans Katsie…”

“What? You aren’t coming anymore?” I pouted, knowing she wouldn’t see my expression.

I could hear her giggle quietly.

“What are you hiding?” I frowned playfully. “I can hear your laugh.”

“What? Damn.”

I chucked. “I can hear your laugh all the way from London right now.”

“Oh quiet.” I could tell she was smiling. “Anyway, Lou and the others—Oh and my mom, wanted me to say that, after our trip there, we’re flying to my muthaland to go to my mom’s wedding!” I found it funny how she sounded when she said motherland. I nearly believed a real black woman was talking on the phone.

Of course, being a girl…

I squealed.

 “NO WAY! I CAN’T WAIT! UGH! I have to seriously intro you to a couple of girls over here! You’ll totes love them!”

“Yay! I can’t wait! Just a couple more weeks and I’ll be kickin’ Aussie ass baby!” She said in her American accent, which I found rather interesting.

“Kat—Please, don’t scream! My ears a bleeding!” Gabriel whined while he drove.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him.

I heard Grace gasp over the line. “Is that an Australian boy I hear? Are you on a date?” She asked excitedly.

“No way! Right now, I’m no where near dating anyone.” I huffed.

“What’s his name?” She pressed on.

“Gabriel.” I tried making my voice softer when I said it.

“Ooh, someone’s talking about me.” He smirked.

I sighed, turning to him. “Yes, we are. We wouldn’t be though, if you didn’t make your voice so loud.”

“Who said I didn’t like the idea of two girls talking about me.” Gabriel winked.

“Ugh! Katia! He sounds cheeky!” Grace gushed over the phone.

“He’s just a friend.” I protested.

“Uh…huh…” She said. I could imagine her looking like she wasn’t buying, which annoyed me even more.

“I’m serious!” I grunted.

“Right, right. Anyway, I have to go, I can’t find my ring right now. Zayn gave it to me for my birthday.”

“Okay. Bye! I’ll see you soon! Tell Kat and the others I miss them!”

I heard her chuckle. “Don’t worry, I will dollface!”

I rolled my eyes before hearing her hang up.

(Grace’s POV)

“Zayn! Have you seen the—” I swung the door open of our room, finding him sprawled out on the bed with his lap top, opened up beside him. He must have fallen asleep. I couldn’t help but smile. He was too adorable. His pace was pressed into his pillow while he snored. I thanked Jesus there was a pillow to muffle out the sounds.

I walked over to his side to turn off his computer when I realized what site he was on. I felt my jaw drop when I read every word of the acceptance letter to Harvard.

In front of the Internet window, was an opened picture of us at the beach. I remember how he had asked Niall to take it before dinner. We were sitting on the couch watching TV when it happened. My heart sank.

He…couldn’t possibly be planning to leave me…could he?

But…

Harvard was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I would probably be the worst girlfriend to not let him go. I suppose that means I’ll have to pack my bags and run back home and wait for my mom’s wedding.

“Grace?”

It was nearly six in the evening when I heard him. I turned to look over my shoulder as I sat on the couch with his laptop on my legs. Of course, I was using it to check on my twitter. I didn’t want to drill him about Harvard right now. There was probably a good reason why he didn’t want to tell me about it.

“Hum?” I smiled sweetly.

Zayn’s dark eyes focused on his computer. “Where’d you get that?”

“You’re room—Sorry, I hope you don’t mind me using it.” I apologized.

“No, no. That’s fine. Um but I thought it was still on when I’d fallen asleep.”

“It was.” I said simply.

Something in his expression changed it was too fast for me to see what it was exactly, but the way his body tensed, meant he wasn’t comfortable.

I smiled. “It’s okay Zayn. I understand.”

“So then…” He began reluctantly, now sitting next to me on the black, leather couch. “You aren’t mad about Harvard?”

Mad? Harvard is, like, a once in a lifetime thing! You can’t miss it! If I’m anything, I’m proud of you baby!” And it was true. The only problem was, I’d miss him.

He sighed in relief. “Thanks—But I’m not going. I’m going to stay here for One Direction.”

For some reason, some part of me wanted him to go. Then a small thought hit me. “Are you staying because I’ll have to fly back to America when you leave?” I frowned.

“No, I’m staying because I don’t really want to go.” Zayn smiled at me. “I don’t need to enrol in Harvard.”

“But you’ve been accepted under scholarship. You can’t give that up Zayn.”

“And I’m not giving you up. Now, get ready, we’re headed to Kenz’s place for dinner.” He kissed me quickly on the forehead before I stood up hesitantly to walk away.

I took one quick look at him, studying his perfectly chiselled features. I remembered the first time I’d seen him. He was jogging around the neighbourhood in Bradford while I was walking to the park. He took one glance at me and smiled, making my heart instantly skip a beat. I recalled how I thought I should have run home to change into something a bit more presentable. I felt awful in my big trackies, but I stayed, sitting comfortable on the grass. He was absolutely adorable—

“I’ll be here when you’re done.” He said with him soothing voice, pulling me away from the old memory.

I smiled shyly before turning back and heading for the bathroom.

(Katia’s POV)

“Here.” Gabriel pulled up in front of a small Spanish-looking home.

“Aaand…where exactly is here?” I frowned; trying to recall how many turns we took to get to this part of town.

“This is my place.” He stated.

I studied the house from my seat. It was huge. It made my house seem like a small hut. It looked like it was made of stone, painted a light, salmon with white, grilled balconies where the glass windows were.  Around the wooden door, were patterns, hand painted in blue. There was a brass bell that hung on one side, serving as a doorbell. I admired the roof. It was simple, painted cream with wooden knobs on the edge, which served as an accent of some sort—

I nearly jerked when my door opened, revealing Gabriel standing on the pavement. I hadn’t realized he’d gotten out of the car.

I hoisted myself up. Now standing next to him eon the sidewalk.

“Be on your best behaviour. My mom’s making roast.” He smirked when he saw my eyes widen.

You’re mom? I didn’t know I was going to meet your mom!” I panicked.

“Will you relax! You’ll do fine—Besides, I did say my plans were secret didn’t I?”

I grumbled. “It’s easy for you to say! You aren’t the one meeting her for the first time!”

“Oh trust me, I was as nervous as hell when I first met her.” He smirked.

“Ha-Ha.” I stated, obviously not amused with the joke. “Very funny.”

He stopped for a minute staring at me with a confused expression.

“What? It wasn’t that funny for a joke you know.” I stated bluntly.

Gabriel frowned, but then rolled his eyes and huffed. “Just be yourself. Got it?”

I nodded.

“Good. Now c’mon.”

I followed him to the door, observing the plants that surrounded the house. Everything was beautiful. This, somehow, beats living beside the beach.

I watched as he opened the door, and stepped aside to let me in.

I smiled shyly and walked passed him. I thought my jaw was going to drop when I saw the interior decorations. Everything was so…Spanish. There were unframed canvas paintings hung over the light salmon-orange walls. Most of the furniture was wooden, adding to the whole theme. I walked down the two steps in the entryway as I continued to walk in the open living area.

I stopped when I tan, slim woman, probably in her late forties, walked out, wearing simple jeans and a white T-shirt. Her thick black hair fell in big waves, over her chest and bounced as she moved.

“Gabriel! You’re back!” She grinned happily, talking in a very Spanish accent.

“Hi mom. This is Katia Brisbane. The girl I was talking about.” He answered, pressing a hand, reassuringly against my back.

I frowned inwardly. There was no way in hell that she could be his mother. She looked nothing like him! Their eyes were different; their noses were different—

“Katia! Welcome!” She grinned happily and hugged me.

I hugged her back, chuckling. “It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Jones.”

“Oh please, call me Stella.” Stella said.

She was, no doubt, beautiful, and so was Gabriel, but his beauty was different. His skin seemed to be forever pale, even after surfing everyday after class, while his mother’s looked naturally tan. Everything about her features were soft and exotic. Almost like mine. Aunt Monica had always told Kat and I that we were part Spanish from out father’s side.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“Right, so, dinner is almost ready! You kids make yourselves at home—Oh Gabriel, call Maria down to help me wont you?” Stella requested before running back to where I figured was the kitchen. “She’d probably out with your papa.” I loved hearing her accent. It was different—Good different.

“Yeah.” Gabriel answered, pulling me along with him. I followed obediently behind him to an open doorway, heading out to a terrace. I stepped onto the Mediterranean-styled tiles. I scanned the area. There were small lanterns, hanging over-head, made of thin layers of compacted shells. How I know this just by looking form afar? I used have them in my room at aunt Mon’s house. I liked the feel of the garden. I felt...light. It wasn’t too cluttered despite all the furniture.

“Maria!” Gabriel said, now stepping onto the grass.

A little tan-skinned girl with jet-black curls that bounced on her shoulders came running from the corner. She seemed like she could be eight at the most. Behind her was a tall, tan man. He must have been ‘Papa.’

The little girl stopped as soon as she saw me. She was probably about two meters away from me. “Wow.” Her straight face broke when she smiled, giving Gabriel and I a knowing look. “Gabe was right. You are pretty!” She gushed excitedly.

I felt blood rush up to my cheeks. “Oh?” I smirked, looking at Gabriel. His eyes went wide, but he seemed to compose himself before rushing over to Maria.

“Alright, that’s enough, mama’s asking fro your help in the kitchen.” He hurried her inside the house before she had the chance to say anything else.

“She’s adorable.” I giggled.

“Yeah, she is.” He smiled. “Oh, um, this is my dad.” He gestured to the man that stood behind us.

“Pleasure to meet you.” The man spoke in a hard Spanish accent. “I’m José Jones.” He smiled genuinely.

“Hi.” I croaked out. He seemed like one of those strict dads. But why should I be worried? Gabriel and I were only friends after all. And yet, I wanted his family to like me—Even if I was in shorts and a T-shirt.

Great first impression right?

Yes.

I was being sarcastic.

“She’s beautiful Gabriel.” He turned to his son, who barely looked like he was part of the family.

“I know.” He said simply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 26 24
Kat and Harry have finally made it official but are keeping it from everyone. Modest Management is worried about Zayn's image, so they have volunteer...
287K 5.2K 24
Katrina is 17 and lives a life as an abused girl. Her parents abuse her and her 2 1/2 year old sister Nicole. In order for her to save her and her si...
39.1K 1.3K 52
"Then teach me Isabella! Show me what love is!" "I can't Harry. How can I help you if you won't open up to me? It's too hard!" "Please... just...
2.4K 146 21
Do you ever wonder about Life Beyond Safety? Because more happens behind the scenes. When 17-year-old Emma gets kidnapped, she learns life in the bo...