Hopelessly Flawed

By xxFlow

**[ONGOING EDITING]** Robyn Desmond is a hardworking, well-driven, young woman who strived for greatness. Wit... More

Chapter 1 - Over it
CAST (WILL ADD GRADUALLY)
Chapter 2 - **** At First Sight?
Chapter 3 - Inconvenience
Chapter 4 - Distraction (1)
Chapter 5 - Distraction (2)
Chapter 6 - Uncertain
Chapter 7 - Damaged Goods
Chapter 8 - Touch Pass
Chapter 9 - That Stump Or This Thing?
Chapter 10 - "Work" and Special Guests
Chapter 11 - Quality Time
Chapter 12 - Actions And Choices
Chapter 13 - Answers To The Questions
Chapter 14 - A Taste Of Animosity
Chapter 15 - Don't Get It Twisted
Chapter 16 - More Than Meets The Eye
Chapter 17 - Officially, Official
Chapter 18 - A Duo?
Chapter 19 - Just A Little Recollection
Chapter 20 - B&W, W&B
Chapter 21 - Crossing The Bridge
Chapter 22 - Falling In Order
Chapter 23 - Everything Comes Crashing Down (1)
Chapter 24 - Everything Comes Crashing Down (2)
Chapter 25 - Recovery Status
Chapter 26 - When I See You Again
Chapter 27 - Second Chances?
Chapter 28 - The Cover Of A Book
Chapter 29 - Back To Square One
Chapter 30 - First Day Back..Gone Wrong
Chapter 31 - A Good Person Who Does Bad Things
Chapter 32 - Jumping ship
Chapter 34 - Reunited
Chapter 35 - Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 36 - I Regret
Chapter 37 - Speak the Truth

Chapter 33 - Family Affair

672 28 7
By xxFlow

"She's the one?"

"I'd love to believe she is." He bragged, "you know, we rarely fight..we really just get along. She really matches me and how I am, I find." Dean tried his best not to smile at the thought of his woman.

He had been in Toronto for almost two weeks now and he could not lie and say that he did not miss her.

"I love that she brings out that light in you. It's so cute seeing you so happy big bro." Iris genuinely admitted as they walked up the steps of Valentina's home. They had just returned from visiting her university's campus and the dorms.

Now, they were awaiting their aunt so that they could make it in time for their dinner reservations since his little sister had begged him for a dinner with the most important people in her life.

She paused while he unlocked the front door with his key. "You seem happy."

"I do don't I?" he half smiled, "She's like a drug. When she's here I can't get enough and when she isn't, I want her around. She's always on my mind which is crazy. She's my worst and best distraction. I just can't possibly describe it."

"I think you just did.." Iris smiled as her eyes lit up, nothing could compare to seeing her brother in a stable place in his life.

She had an idea.

They made it passed the foyer and motioned straight for the basement, to reach her bedroom.

"Where's Valentina?" he asked as he took a seat on her mini couch. In the two weeks he had been in his home town, he could count on both hands how many times they have addressed each other.

Iris proceeded to take out her computer from underneath her bed and set it up on her lap once she sat down.

"I don't know..think she went out with some friends," she shrugged lazily.

"She has twenty minutes to get here before she finds her own way there." He spoke coldly.

"DJ, stop it."

He winced slightly at the use of the nickname his father used to call him when he was much younger. "D" stood for Dean, his first name, and "J" stood for Jackson, his father's name. He hated it and she knew that. It was her way of capturing his attention.

"She's your aunt, our aunt, our blood whether you like it or not. You're gonna have to get over this feud you guys have had going on sooner or later," she scolded defensively, "you're both too grown for this and I'm tired of being caught in the crossfire."

He licked his lips, not wanting to agree with her. "Only time can tell. I won't force a relationship with her simply because she's blood. That's not how I work." He responded in all honesty because one thing he was not, was a hypocrite. "My respect is earned, not given."

"I forgot how coldhearted you could be.." she mumbled while staring at his face, a face that sometimes she did not recognize but loved no less. "You can stop using that tone with me, I'm not one of Oaks friends or yours for that matter."

"I'm sorry..I didn't realize."

"Mhm," she hummed, wanting to change the subject and quick at that. "Hey is it too late for her to come?"

"Who?" He set down his phone and met her stare.

"My sister-in-law." She cheesed causing him to say "Ahh" before letting a chuckle loose.

"Come where? Here?"

"Well yeah. I can't have my eighteenth birthday party without my entire family, cuz that's what she is now, family." What she was saying sat well with her ; if Robyn could make him happy after all this time, she earned nothing but love and respect.

He wet his lips as his eyelids squinted and eyebrows furrowed, trying to dissociate her true intentions.

"Just give it a thought. Just not too long..the party is in a couple of days."

"She's a busy woman so I'm not sure she'll enjoy the last minute invite," he ran a hand through his growing beard, "but I'll ask her about it."

"Okay.." she smiled while tearing her eyes from her laptop for a split second. She was focused on whatever was on that screen.

Minutes passed, Iris was seated with her back to the headboard and Dean sat across the room so he had no idea what she was nibbling her fingernail at.

"You always used to do that," she spoke up, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Always in the headlights thinking about God knows what." She giggled before shaking her head.

"Out of us both, it's good one of us can use our head once in awhile, don't you think?"

She scoffed before throwing one of her pillows at him, only for him to catch it mid air and throw it back playfully.

Once their laughter ceased, she looked to her computer screen again then back to him before turning it.

"You also always did look like both mom and dad." Her screen showed a picture of a painted portrait of their family. "I tried capturing mom's features as best as I could..."

It was possibly the only family portrait they all had together. Yes there were modifications done to her version of the portrait but he could clearly picture the original.

It was in their last year as a whole, their mother's birthday to be precise. He remembered the day as if it happened not too long ago ; it was all still so fresh in his memory, more than a decade later.

That day, his father had cleaned himself up real nice, even sobered up and everything. He had taken them out for a picnic in the park by the lake. It was one of the best days of Dean's childhood in all honesty.

He could practically recall almost every detail of how his mom looked, how her smile radiated, what dress she wore, how happy she was with his father who was actually treating her with love and kindness, and how over the moon she was for those short-lived, bittersweet hours of her birthday.

"Mom looks great though.." she added quietly when he did not say a word in response.

Her older brother set down his device and moved closer to her computer by sitting on the edge of her bed.

It was not his intention to hurt her feelings but, he could not help but reminisce upon looking at the so similar painting. The modifications made his stomach flip. He had an idea about what her encrypted message meant.

Iris was an extraordinary artist when it came down to paintings, drawings, sketches, and anything having to do with the art of the pen, brush or dance... She must have been reluctant in showing him this.

"How long did it take?" he questioned after slowly sliding the Macbook Pro back to her.

"Couple of months..." she laughed nervously, "My longest piece yet and also my end of the year project that I've been telling you about..well, barely." She shrugged while toying with her thumbs.

Knowing her brother, his mind had most likely taken him on another planet.

The seventeen year old was not surprised at how he reacted having that she has always been aware of the burden he carries on his shoulders, regarding their belated mother.

At the time, she was young but far from stupid. He had not been the same ever since the crash..hell, she was not either.

In the digitized version of the painting, their mother was portrayed as some angel meanwhile everyone else had some sort of dark aura around them. Their surroundings had some sort of gloomy affect ; the streaks of grey enforced an uneasy vibe to it.

"That," he pointed towards the broken wing that glowed on their mother's back, "what does it mean."

"I was going through her things a couple years ago and she had all these books and stories about Angels and Demons and God..you know how religious she was."

He smacked his lips, "Well when push came to shove, where was he that night huh? Her almighty God."

She cut her eyes at him. "Don't."

She furthered as he forgot then recalled his boundaries. "Mom kept all those books in a box. I read through some of them and it just made me think that the 'Angel' in 'Angela' reflected her character. She was our guardian or..she tried her best to be. The double meaning was undeniable."

"Well..it's beautiful Ris." he smiled faintly, "She would've loved it..I just know it."

"That means more than you know."

They shared a sweet moment of silence before footsteps on the upper level were heard.

"Looks like she's here," he said as he stood up from his seating position, "we should leave before we're late."

The teen just remembered her hunger.

"Yeah good, I'm starving!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.6K 28
Chris Brown is a young billionaire playboy until he meets the beautiful gorgeous Rihanna Fenty who starts as his new temporary assistant, what quickl...
8K 167 9
Robyn (Rihanna) knows it... She's doing something bad. Someone is going to be hurts, but she loves him. And even her boyfriend can't makes her feel t...
1.7K 149 31
Robyn moves to a new home after she splits from her husband of 2 years. She meet her new neighbours on moving day who offers to help her move her stu...