Jade

By do27cs

Born and raised in the Divisions, Jade was destined to be a fighter. A Protector. But the life chosen for her... More

Prologue
Komorebi
Gezelligheid
uitwaaien
Erlebnis
nunchi
hiraeth
cingulomania
lypophrenia
kyoka suigetsu
PART II
komorebi
Gezelligheid
uitwaaien
erlebnis
nunchi
hiraeth
cingulomania
lypophrenia
kyoka suigetsu
PART III
K o m o r e b i
G e z e l l i g h e i d
U i t w a a e n
Hiatus
n u n c h i
H i r a e t h

E r l e b n i s

1.7K 70 3
By do27cs

"Tanner..." Jade whispered — immediately she ran to him, engulfing him in a giant hug.

He stepped back from their embrace with a sad smile "I'm so sorry, Jade. I knew there was a chance I wouldn't make it and I prepared the best I could"

"Please don't tell me to leave," she voiced

He sighed "You need to live. You can't stay here, if you stay here then-"

"I'm dead?" She finished for him "What happens when I wake up? I have no-one."

Tanner shook his head "That's not true, you have people waiting for you"

"No-one would care if I stayed here with the rest of my family, where I am actually happy!"

He offered her a sympathetic look "What about Slate?"

"Slate?" Jade voiced

Tanner smiled "I know his your mate"

"He can move on without me"

He grabbed her hand "Could he? Do you really think that he could move on? That your death wouldn't matter to him?"

"Tann-"

His voice held so much conviction it was unnerving "Look me in the eye and tell me that it doesn't bother you one bit that you're leaving him behind"

"...I can't" Jade whispered. 

The chance to have them back — to be by their side, like the old times. Her eyebrows creased as she weighed the most important decision of her life.

"You must go" A voice behind her said

Jade turned around to see her mother and father standing next to Tanner – the image alone made tears gather within her gaze. They were a family, for the first time in forever they were all together "But-"

"We are not changing our minds" Eric stated — smiling at her along with her mother.

Lalani put her hand on Tanners shoulder "We've done all we could, Jade. But your father is right - you can't get three Leichhardt's to change their minds."

"You can try." Tanner interjected "But you are fighting a losing battle"

The three stood before Jade – all of them smiling at her with happiness. That's when she got the message loud and clear. They were going to be okay — they were willing to wait for her but until the fateful day they reunite she has to live her life.

Tanner, Lalani and Eric hugged her before each of them stepped back — wiping away the tears that made the way to their faces "Close your eyes" Tanner whispered — holding her hand "And go back home"

"I love you..." She whispered before her eyes closed — glad that the last thing she saw before the darkness consumed her vision was her mother, father and brother smiling at her lovingly, telling her it was okay to let go. Telling her she was going to be fine and most of all, that they were going to be happy so she had every right to live her life without worrying about her family.

"We love you too Jade..."

* * *

It's been a couple weeks since Slate last saw Bash and for some reason he felt guilty — as if it was his fault Bash didn't return. Why did he even miss that stupid human? Jade had been making small progresses with her condition, her heart beat became stronger and life started to rush through her veins.

For some reason Slate was waiting for Bash to return so he could share the good news. He thought he might send a letter soon to inform him if he took too long. That stupid human was annoying but at least he understand how he felt a little bit. 

The whole Pack constantly talked about how their Luna would soon wake. Winter had passed since it had been months and spring had finally set in...it was beautiful to say the least.

"Everyone is playing and enjoying themselves. You would've loved it" Slate spoke as he sat next to her bed.

He heard the door open behind him, Slate already knew who it was without even turning "I'm not surprised to see you here. What took you so long? Did you crawl?"

"I could say the same thing"

Bash took a step forward to stand right behind him "Have you thought about what I said? I think I've given you enough time to think"

"You've given me more than enough time" he answered — holding Jade's warm hand in his own.

Bash nodded his head even though he knew Slate couldn't see him "What's your answer then?"

"I refuse to let fear rule me" He replied — gazing longingly at his personal sleeping beauty "She's everything to me, Hajo, she's the reason I wake up in the morning, the reason why I barely sleep at night."

Bash swallowed his dread, sighing deeply "So what are you saying?"

Before either of them could say anything Jade's eyes snapped open as she gasped for air.

Bash rushed to the other side of the bed to hold her free hand while Slate held her other one – If it was any other situation Soren would've been angry that another man was touching their mate, but right now all he could do was feel an undeniable feeling of joy — for the first time in what seemed forever he felt pure happiness.

"You're awake!" the two men exclaimed as her eyes widened at the them.

Slate stared into her eyes as she glanced at the both of them — Please say my name, Please don't call for him first. React to me, instead of him Slate thought desperately — Little did he know, Bash was thinking the exact thing.

They both silently hoped she would say their name, to show the other person that it was them she looked forward to seeing.

She took in a small breath to say the first thing that came in mind, the two men in front of her paid extra attention, trying to decipher what she was going to say — it was as if their hearts were in the middle of a battlefield and she was the only one holding a gun.

"...water"

Bash and Slate's faces dropped "...what?"

"Water," Jade felt her throat croak with dryness.

Bash was the first person to react — he nodded his head slightly "Right," without a second thought he left the room and slammed the door behind him in a hurry.

"You're awake" Slate whispered, almost afraid that it was just a dream. Without hesitation he claimed her lips with his own — he kissed her ruthlessly as his other hand held the back of her head. After a minute he pulled back, gasping for air.

Jade moved over a bit so Slate could lay next to her "I assume I was 'asleep' for a while?"

"Sure, if you call months a while" Slate replied — holding her body against his chest.

Jade felt safe in his arms – Tanner was right, she couldn't bare the thought of leaving him behind and felt guilty she even contemplated the thought of it "How is the Pack?"

"At first, horrible but as time went by it got better - all anyone could talk about was seeing you again" Slate smiled down at her, pride nestled in his chest that she asked about them — that would mean she cared, even it was a tiny bit, she cared — Our mate will make a great Luna — Soren inquired.

"When can I see them?"

"Robert will be the judge of that" he replied, still staring into her eyes — his mind was clouded with happiness that she was finally awake, he couldn't help but stare at her endlessly "I mind linked him to come, so when he does we'll know when you can officially get out of bed"

Jade huffed "I am a Validus. I'll be fine"

"I just lost you, be angry at me all you want but I am not losing you again" He said with a certain vulnerability only his mate would ever experience.

She gave up, knowing he had been through hell while she was on the brink of death "Fine, but I still want to see the Pack"

"Jade I-"

Her head moved away from his chest so she could stare into his eyes "From what you've just said they've waited to see me for months and as Luna it is my job to be there for them so I'm not just-"

"Okay." Slate interrupted her with a smile glued to his face

She paused with a shocked expression on her face "Wait...what?"

"You just admitted being Luna, twice." he grinned widely "They'll be more than happy to see you"

Almost immediately Jade kissed his lips, thinking that he needed some type of reward for agreeing with her but as soon as his mind turned blank and her soft lips were the only thing he could feel she pulled away causing him to growl at breaking contact "Don't you dare go wolfy on me"

Slate narrowed his eyes "Wolfy?"

"I mean don't growl at me!" She blushed before meeting his eyes again, her throat still hurt, making her wonder how long it would take Bash to get back with one glass of water...honestly "Slate"

He stared back at her — loving the way her body laid against his and the way his name rolled off the tip of her tongue "Yes?"

"I've never seen your wolf before"

Soren whimpered as confusion played in his eyes "But you have..." He smirked — she didn't know "When you were in Genaville, you ran into the forest. My wolf was the one you saw"

"That was you?" Jade exclaimed — remembering the massive black wolf with red eyes "You're Mr. Fluffy?"

Slate's eyebrow's furrowed at the nickname "My wolf is not fluffy, please don't downgrade it"

"You are Mr. Fluffy" her smile brightened his day even though Soren's pride was slowly dying, but Goddess did it make him feel all kinds of good things at seeing her beautiful smile again.

A laugh escaped his lips, her joy effected him in ways she would never understand "For the La-" before he could finish his sentence Bash came in with a glass of water.

He stopped in the doorway and stared at the both of them. Hurt flashed in his eyes but being a Division Leader meant being a master of masking his emotions — Bash gave an easy smile "I came back with your water"

"Thank you" Jade sat up and moved out of Slate's embrace, making him suppress a growl. She was awake and in a good mood — the last thing he wanted was for him to ruin another moment with her.

Her delicate hands took the glass from his giant ones, gratefully drinking it "If you don't mind, I need to borrow Slate for a bit" Bash voiced

"I don't mind at all" She replied softly — her mate on the other hand wanted to kill Bash for forcing him to leave.

Reluctantly he stood up from the bed and followed him outside the room, shutting the door behind them "what do you want?"

"I don't know, you tell me." Bash hissed back

His eyes flashed to red "You're not having her"

"And why is that? Because she's yours?" he scoffed

Slate smirked "That and I-"

"Alpha Parker?" A voice caused the both of them to halt and turn around "You called me to come and check on Luna Jade?"

Slate nodded his head professionally "Yes, she's waiting inside. Tell her we have Pack business to discuss" Robert silently nodded his head before entering the room.

"Pack business? Really?" Bash raised an eyebrow

Slate growled lowly — not liking the fact he had to leave Jade for one-second, especially since she just woke up "Let's go to my office to finish this discussion. And yes, Jade is the Luna of my Pack and anything to do with her is Pack business"

* * *

"Pack business?"

Robert nodded his head once again "I'm afraid so, but I'm sure he'll be back in just a moment"

"Okay, now that you've done your tests. When can I get out of this bed and meet everyone again" She replied

He sighed "I'm sorry, but I've never treated a Validus before, so just to be safe you need to be bed ridden for the next couple of weeks" Before Jade could respond two girls came stumbling through the door

"YOU'RE AWAKE!" the both of them screeched before literally pouncing on her — they enveloped her petite body in a giant hug.

Cora and Bentley let go and sat back "You idiot!" they both said at the same time again.

"Why thank you, I'm so lucky to have such caring friends" she chuckled

Robert chuckled lightly before shaking his head "Well, I'm done here. Remember what I said, no going outside of this room for the next couple of weeks"

"I'll remember" Jade replied reluctantly as he left the room.

Tears escaped Bentley's eyes "I'm so sorry"

"For what? You didn't do anything" Jade replied pulling her into a hug as Cora patted her back

Bentley sniffed "Exactly! I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most and when you came back here in a coma..."

"Bentley, it's not your fault." Jade held her hand tightly

Cora smiled lightly "And I also have to thank you"

"But I let Melissa-"

She held Jade's hand making her stop in her sentence "You didn't let her hurt me. I remember perfectly well the way you fought for me and if I did die, I would've died happy because I knew that even in the end you were still fighting for me"

"Okay, okay! Enough of the water works. Today is a happy day, you're finally awake" Bentley smiled at the two of them

"How did you guys know?" Jade raised an eyebrow

Bentley was the first to reply "Robert is my mate. I told him to inform me as soon as you got better"

"And I told her to tell me if she got word that you woke up" Cora interjected with a smile "And Blake is my mate so of course he was the only person I told before running all the way here"

Bentley rolled her eyes "In other words - the whole Pack will know by the end of today. Blake is a loud mouth I wouldn't be surprised if he was running around telling everyone you were awake right now"

"So I can see them?"

Cora and Bentley exchanged a look "While your in bed?" Jade nodded her head. Cora sighed in defeat "Would Slate like the fact that so many people are in his room?"

"I'll take all the blame if he does" Jade said with pleading eyes

Bentley smiled lightly "You're already an amazing Luna"

* * *

"So that's it?" Bash asked almost emotionlessly.

He had been talking to Slate for 30 minutes now

He nodded his head "Yes"

"Seems as though I had given you less credit than you deserve" Bash let out a stoic laugh.

"Will you give up...?"

"Would you?" Bash asked – Slate shook his head stiffly "Then theres your answer"

Soren clawed from inside his head, itching to come out and tear him to shreds but Slate contained his anger. It seemed like that was all he was doing these days "Why not? I have given you, your answer" this time Slate couldn't help the angry growl that escaped his lips "I may not be killing you right now but mark my words if you keep-"

"You'll what?" Bash yelled "What could you possibly do to me that would hurt more than taking the women I love from me?"

Slate's eyes glowed a bright red "She was never yours to begin with!"

"She was mine first-" Before Bash could blink Slate threw the table in between them across the room — he punched him across the face and without thinking twice Bash returned the punch towards him with all his strength.

The both of them fell to the floor from the impact of each others fists.

Bash laid his hand on his jaw — standing up to face Slate who also sported a slight bruise on the side of his own "You never know when to stay down" Slate hissed through grit teeth.

"Will you-" But before he could finish his sentence Blake came bursting through the door, completely ignoring the mess around them "We have trouble!"

"What is it?" they said in unison

Blake looked between the both of them noticing the blood coming from Bash's nose and the bloody lip Slate was sporting "The Red Rogues are attacking the East border, there are too many of them just for the Patrol wolves to handle, I think theres over 100"

"I understand, contact the Warrior wolves - they're coming with us. Then contact the Guards..." Slate sighed, forgetting his anger.

"The Red Rogues?"

Blake turned to Bash "Yes, do you know them?"

"More than one could think. They've been attacking the Divisions for the past couple of months" he replied "I'm coming with you."

Slate snorted "I don't think so, they will be in their wolf forms. You wouldn't stand a chance"

"You underestimate me. I'm a Division Leader for a reason - I think I can handle a couple of over grown dogs"

Slate growled "They'll rip you apart before you can even breath"

"They haven't before and they won't now."

"How are you so sure? You're just a human"

"And your just a mutt"

"You piece of-"

Blake groaned "Are the two of you done arguing? Because if you haven't forgotten we have a Rogue attack and the Warrior wolves are already there."

Slate nodded his head stiffly while glaring at Bash "You're not coming and I don't have time to argue about this, Sebastian"

"Fine... run along, you giant dog. I'll be in the Divisions, chances are if the Red rogues are attacking here, they might attack Headquarters next"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1K 54
Her mate used her then unapologetically broke her heart. Now, heartbroken and mateless, Jaxyl goes on to lead her pack while she fights to keep a lif...
7.4M 220K 54
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Through a series of miracles, she finds herself taken in by werewolves. But she doesn'...
128K 5K 31
After the death of her predecessors, Jade is forced to become the new Alpha of the Shadow Pack. As the new leader she must fight to protect her pack...
333 23 22
At an early age, Alan knew he would be his pack's gamma. His father taught him from a young age to be a good fighter. What happens when a human sudde...