Learning to Love

By MzTexas95

Loving people through the different boundaries More

The Crew
The Party
God Damn You, You Gentlemen
Ending this, Starting this
1st Rose, 1st Date
Catching Up
Washing Nettie's Hair
The Ball
Fixing a Problem
Back Together Again
Sooner than I Thought
Time with Mommy
Keeping Him
Those Three Words
Going Away Party
Long Awaited Return of Nettie
The Roses I Never Gave
Just An Ordinary Day
Showing These Bitches Who's Boss
From Chillin' to Burnin'
Meeting The Fam
Solving a Dilemma
One Year Anniversary
Genesis' Birthday
How To Handle Mother Nature
Something to Celebrate
Final Decisions
What Everyone has Been Waiting For
Short Circuited
Where We Stand

Making Things All Better

1K 25 4
By MzTexas95

Jasmine’s POV:

It’s been a week since the incident at the club and I haven’t gotten up from the bed unless it’s to use the restroom. Genesis has been trying to get me to cheer up, but I just can’t my body has been violated and I can’t find a way to get over it. It all has to do with the fact that I was dressing like a fucking whore to get Genesis to like me more, don’t get me wrong I love the dress and all, but it was still too much. Maybe it was a sign that I was doing too much and needed to cover myself up, I wasn’t doing right.

“Jasmine some people are here to see you,” Genesis said opening the door hesitantly. I sat up in the bed and looked at the door. He opened the door wider and I saw my two best friends: Erica and Shekinah.

“Jas,” Shekinah said walking over to the bed.

“Hey y’all sorry I haven’t called,” I said avoiding looking in their eyes.

“Genesis told us what happened,” Erica said coming over to us.

“I just feel so wrong and dirty,” I said with my head down.

“Aw girl calm down it wasn’t your fault,” Shekinah said.

“Yes it is, it’s what I get for dressing like a damn whore,” I argued pulling my legs up to my chest.

“Jas, you don’t dress no where near a hoe, and don’t talk like that,” Erica said climbing onto the bed.

“Yeah girl, Erica is right. You can’t control some crazy ass people and what they do to everyone else. You coulda wore what you wanted and that dude still would have done what he wanted because some people are just sick like that. You can’t control what people do, so stop blaming yourself,” Shekinah scolded me.

“All right, thanks y’all,” I said smiling as they both approached me with arms open wide. My girls always made me feel so good about things.

“Now get your ass up and get dressed we all going out,” Shekinah said.

“All six of us,” Erica added.

“Six?” I asked perplexed.

“Yeah, you, me, her, and our tall dark dread-locked lovers,” Shekinah explained.

“Oh delightful,” I said When I got out of the bed Shekinah slapped me on the ass. “Bitch.”

“Sorry I ain’t see you in forever I had to do it,” Shekinah explained.

Me, Sean, and MyKing have been able to develop a brother and sister relationship since they go out with my girls. So they see it fit to be really protective of me when they meet my boyfriends. It was funny because with Louis they ain’t like him at all so we never had a whole pow-wow together. Hopefully with Genesis they will be able to create a good relationship together. After showering and washing my face I went into the room putting on a tank top and some shorts and my white Nike sneakers.

“All right hookers lets go,” I said walking out of the room into the living room to see Genesis pulling something out of the fridge.

“I see y’all got her out of the bed,” Genesis acknowledged.

“Hell yeah, cuz we that good, now let’s go, Sean and MyKing are down stairs.

“Well y’all meet them down there I wanna talk to Jasmine right quick,” Genesis said looking at me.

“We’ll stand outside the door,” Shekinah said.

“We’ll meet you two down stairs just make it quick Genesis,” Erica said pulling Shekinah by the arm out the house, but before she could leave I slapped her on the ass.

“I had to do it,” I said to Shekinah.“Yes baby?”

“Are you okay now?” Genesis asked taking my hand.

“Yes, I’d be even better if you gave me a kiss,” I said smiling up at him. He leaned down and kissed me on the lips softly, but I pulled him to me to get him to kiss me harder.  

“Come on we gotta go,” Genesis said to me.  What the hell, why is Genesis acting like this. I mean yeah I was distant to him during the week, but come on!

We walked down to where everyone else was and me Shekinah and Erica talked about where we were going as our men staid near their cars.

“Where we goin’?” I asked.

“Let’s go to that fancy restaurant in West Orange so we can chill there and get them to talk,” Erica suggested.

“You right, call and set up reservations cuz them niggers always crowded,” Shekinah said.

“All right I’ll call it now,” I said pulling out my phone to make sure that I talk to the hostess and set up our reservations.

“Meet y’all there,” I said. I walked over toward the car and told Genesis where we were going.

We, all six of us, sat down waiting for our waitress to come.

“So look I don’t want to hear silence so let’s go around this room and introduce our peoples,” Shekinah said I had to smile at her bluntness. “This is MyKing.”

“This is Sean,” Erica introduced him.

“This is Genesis,” I said gesturing to Genesis.

“Sup,” they all said at once.

“You know what is the same about all y’all?” I asked looking at Shekinah.

“What,” Genesis asked.

“You three are all drug dealers,” Shekinah said.

“Oh really?” MyKing asked looking at Genesis.

“Yep, Sean has down south, King has Chicago, and Genesis has the tri-state area,” Erica explained.

“Well what is this for?” Sean asked.

“What for?” Eric asked.

“This meeting?” MyKing asked.

“So us girls could get together with Jasmine and cheer her up,” Shekinah gave MyKing a warning glare.

“So how did you handle it?” Sean asked Genesis.  Oh shit here they go, then again I did wander how he handled the man.

“I killed him,” Genesis said.

“Hello, may I have your order,” some dude came up to us, the waiter.

After placing our orders the waiter left so that we could continue our previous conversation.

“What you mean you killed him?” I asked.

“I mean I killed his ass, no one is going to touch what’s mine, and get away with it,” Genesis said looking out in the distance the entire time he was talking.  

“Well then you just make sure you take care of her, we care for her like a sister, so if you fuck with her you’ll be dead,” Sean said.

“Oh my God, really?” I asked covering my face.

“What we all have these conversations,” MyKing said smiling.                 

“Well let’s not okay, Genesis is a good guy and I love him, so I don’t want y’all sitting here putting him under interrogation because y’all wanna make sure that he’s perfect for me when I already feel it,” I said putting my hand on Genesis’ arm and looking at Sean and MyKing.

“Thank you baby, but I’m pretty sure I can handle them, I mean it’s only a few questions,” Genesis said kissing behind my left ear knowing it makes me hot, “and we’ll address your comment later.” With that he sat back in his chair pulling me back with him.  He sat there answering all of MyKing and Sean’s questions like they were nothing. He told them about his baby girl and our current living position. They didn’t judge him, but instead they took him in with open arms which made me happier since they were able to accept my relationship with Genesis.

“Iight, now that y’all are all together and happy,” Shekinah said interrupting the chorus of laughter filling the room. “I wanna go to the club.” I felt Genesis get stiff by the side of me. I looked at him with a slight smile rubbing his thigh.

“Yeah, let’s go to that new one Downtown Newark,” Erica suggested.

“Naw, I don’t think that well be too good of an idea,” Genesis said.

“Genesis, baby it’s okay,” I said smiling patting his leg. Even though the last two times we went to a a club it was a total plop, but like they saw, third times the charm. “We’ll meet y’all there.” I got up grabbing Genesis’ hand while he threw money down for our side of the bill and we went out to the car.

“Jasmine I ain’t comfortable with this no more the last two times it was a complete disaster, I ain’t up for no more problems in our relationship,” Genesis driving downtown to the club.

“Baby it’s gonna be okay, alright, I promise,” I said smiling at him. He didn’t say anything for a while so I guess he was thinking.

“You know what everything is gonna be okay, because Imma be up under you the whole time we there,” Genesis said with conviction.

“Well technically you would be over me because you’re a lot taller than me,” I replied sarcastically.

“Don’t get smart,” Genesis said laughing.

“I already am, so I guess that means you have to get smart,” I said playfully. Genesis pulled the car over to the side of the road and when I was about to get out but I was pulled back onto my seat and Genesis was half way on top of me tickling me.

“Now who’s the smart one?” Genesis asked as he assaulted my torso with his fingers tickling me like crazy.

“All right uncle uncle,” I said smiling and sitting up as Genesis got off of me holding my cheek in his large hand.

“I’m so glad he didn’t do worse to you,” Genesis said. I smiled at him kissing his hand pulling it to my face and kissing his hand. I pulled myself onto his lap and put my hands on the side of his face.

“Tell me again,” Genesis grabbing my hips. I smiled knowing what he was talking about.

“I love you,” I said before kissing him on the lips softly. I got out of the car from his side and pulled him with me seeing everybody else in front of the club.

“Took y’all long enough,” Sean said smiling.        

“Iight let’s go,” Genesis said pulling me into the club and we all followed to the VIP section upstairs, once again.

“Damn look at these couches,” Shekinah said jumping onto one of the couches. “Ahh hell, it’s so comfortable.”

“Damn bae you act like it’s the best thing in the world,” MyKing said sitting down next to her on the couch.

“Second best,” Shekinah said sitting up.

“Uhhh ew,” I said sitting down on a separate couch as Genesis draped his head onto my lap and the rest of him on the very large couch.

“How we get drinks it this bitch?” Sean asked turning toward Genesis as he was dancing with Erica to the side.

“There should be a button on the side of the glass,” Genesis said looking up at me.

“How you feel baby?” I asked him.

“Tired as a motherfucker,” Genesis said yawning.

“Well we coulda went home, why ain’t you just say you was tired,” I said my voice raising an octave or two.

Genesis chuckled deeply with his tenure voice responding, “Baby I had to make sure that you was okay, I had to make you feel like royalty. Like how you make me feel every day, now enjoy yourself.” I smiled leaning forward to peck him on the lips and whisper I love you.

This time it actually was a charm spending time with my girls, and their boys. Spending time with my man in a club without a fight nor an attack. Life was coming along pretty well and it was just getting better with Genesis in my life. I could wear a smile on my face every time I thought of him, knowing that I was loved and that he loved me back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 1.9K 100
Can love be born of a great friendship at a distance? Stefania and Danielle will discover the magic that love can do.
19.5K 863 41
"Sometimes two people may feel the same thing but at different times."-
40 0 16
A love story where a couple tried their best to make love when there are barriers they need to break.
7K 211 27
The interracial love story of Gia Thomas and William Cartwell they love is strong but it will be tested