Fixing a Problem

Jasmine POV:

It’s been two weeks since me and Genesis talked, and he’s been calling me thirty four times a day, and he sending each type of flower to my house every day. As touched as I am by that, I don’t want to budge. He’s the only dude that has ever done this much for me and for so long. But the fact of the matter is that he should have told me he was a drug dealer.

“Jasmine come on girl will you answer him, he’s probably spending a thousand dollars on you tryna get you back already,” Erica said as we all sat around watching TV, and Shekinah was trying to stop Emonii from kicking her.

“Yeah, I’m tired of that phone going of all the time,” Shekinah said just as my phone rang again. I looked at the caller ID and ended the phone call.

“There the ringing stopped,” I said putting the phone on silent.

“Jasmine why are you being so cold to him it’s not like he lied,” Shekinah said.

“I don’t care that’s just as bad, he should have told me that sooner so I wouldn’t have to find out. I know I don’t know anything about these streets, yeah I’m a goody two shoes. I’m sheltered and I don’t know nothing about what goes on in the streets, but don’t you think I deserve to know what I’m getting myself into. He told me straight up that he had a daughter, did I get mad, no I went with it and I was not upset at all. I mean come on!” I shouted exasperated.

“Jasmine come on it has nothing to do with you knowing about the street it has to do with how you feel about him, does him being a drug dealer really make a difference?” Shekinah asked.

“No, but I don’t think he wanted to tell me because of how I am I don’t know anything about the world, and all that. It just makes me so upset that he just didn’t want to share that with me like he was trying to shelter me,” I said.

“So what do you want?” Shekinah asked.

“I want him to be completely honest with me and share all of what he is with me, and not be afraid of what type of person I am to share the life with me. I just want to be somebodies rock I want somebody to lean on me as much as I lean on them. I mean I know I sound desperate, but dammit I just want him to…to…to just trust me,” I said feeling all the emotions rushing at once and da single tear fall down my face.

“I do trust you,” I heard the deep voice behind me. I wiped the tear away from my face and turned around.

“He was at the door,” Erica said.

“Erica! I’m not ready to talk to him yet,” I said avoiding looking at Genesis.

“You’re plenty ready to talk to him,” Shekinah said picking up her baby and walking to the back with Erica.

“Get out,” I said looking at the floor.

“Jasmine I’m not leaving until we talk,” Genesis said waking up to me. I looked up a little bit to see he was wearing a black short sleeved shirt and a light brown khakis pants. And black Nike sneakers wpith the white arch.

“I don’t want to talk, now get out,” I said taking a step back still not looking at him.

“Jasmine I’m sorry you had to find out like that, but darlin’ you gotta understand that isn’t the easiest thing to do,” Genesis said walking toward me.

“It’s something you should have told me, if you brought me around Nettie then you should have known to tell me you were a fucking drug lord,” I said upset with him.

“You right, and I’m sorry I should have told you. But baby what’s in the past is in the past you can’t hold onto it forever you gotta forgive me. I’m sorry you found out the way you did, but before this problem we were doing so well and I’m feeling you too much to let you go,” Genesis said backing me up into a wall.