Final Decisions

Jasmine's POV:

            Today I decided that I was going to tell Genesis about my decision to go over seas to spend a week in Costa Rica for a Masters Program that would help me graduate early. I remember that last time the conversation didn't go as well as I planned but, I really wanted this and Genesis had to be understanding of my decision. Now that we moved from the condo to the house there was a lot more room and a lot more for me to clean up rather than what I was used to. Besides just taking care of our home I still had school and work and the only free time I had was on Sunday thank God.

            I already got Nettie on board with what I planned and now all I needed to do was tell Genesis of my plan. I was extremely hesitant to tell him because he is a very selfish person sometimes. When I mean selfish I mean he doesn't like for anyone to spend time with his girls, he likes to keep Nettie and I to himself which is childish, possessive and somewhat sexy. But he was just going to have to understand that I was really getting tired of school and this program would make both of our lives better.

            For one now that he was officially out of the "game" he had to spend more time at work, 9 to 5 job, so it was up to me to get Nettie and handle all of her school stuff. So that was a burden that I accepted without any complaint because it was basically what I've been doing since my brother and sister were born, and I was basically her mother so that was my responsibility.

            Not only that I was just tired of being a student, I made friends here and there, but sitting in a classroom was no longer fun for me. All I wanted to do was go out into the world and have a job.

            So to tell Genesis, I had a elaborate plan in mind to get him to take the news better than he did last time. Nettie was over with Eli and Sasha. Ever since they got together a couple of months ago, Sasha spends a lot of time at Eli's place because they both enjoy the company of each other rather than just having to go home alone to their respective houses. While Nettie was over there I made Genesis some creole pasta that he loves so much and garlic bread. I was dressed in a emerald negligee, because Genesis liked that color against my skin, and it was the only appropriate thing that would say sexy. After all these years Genesis and I have yet to have sex or engage in any sexual acts expect dry humping if that even counts. I wonder how he is able to survive, but he knows my rules and he respects them.

            Genesis usually gets home at 5:30 on the dot so I stood in front of the door with two glasses of wine. I had on some gloss and eyeliner just to primp up for him. As expected at 5:30, Genesis walked through the door seeing me there shocked him. Instead of having all the lights on I used an abundance of candles to light up the room. He was in the process of putting his keys on the table when I walked over to him putting the keys on the table and handing him his glass of wine. I pulled his brief case from him and put it to the side of the door and pulled him with me to the kitchen. When I turned around I saw him take a huge gulp of wine emptying the glass. I smiled at him and gestured towards his chair.

"What's the occasion?" he asked sitting down. I smiled putting his plate in front of him with a generous serving of pasta and two pieces of bread.

"Nothing I just know that you are hungry when you get home, so I decide I'd serve you something that was to your liking," I said sitting across from him and began to eat my food. When I finished drinking all of my wine, Genesis refilled both of our glasses.

"Well you look good enough to eat lil darling," Genesis said eyeing me extremely hard.

"Thanks baby you know I like to dress sexy for you," I said smiling. "So how was work?"