The Party

“Man what was taking you so long, I hope you wasn’t takin’ no shit!” Shekinah yelled.

“Damn girl shut the fuck up, what if I was, why you gotta yell it to the whole world,” I said walking up next to her and standing over her.

“Man, we don’t know any of these people,” Shekinah said.

“Anyway, did you give her, her present?” I asked sitting down next to Erica. Erica was another one of my pretty friends with mid lengthen black hair, all natural, she could be quiet around new people, but was always cool people to talk to. She had caramel skin and was a true beauty, unlike myself, but hey we ain’t all blessed with beauty.  

“Yes she did thank you so much ‘kinah and jazzy,” Erica standing up smiling. She gave both of us a hug, she was regular sized height with short brown hair, she wore a long tight royal blue dress with a crown saying happy birthday.

“No problem it was our pleasure,” Shekinah said pulling away from the hug, “This calls for a drink.”

“I’ll get them,” I volunteered walking over to the bar to get three glasses of wine, it was basically deserted so there wasn’t much time to waist.

“We just keep walkin’ into each other don’t we lil’ darling,” D’ Andrea said from behind me.

 “Nope, I only walked into you once, you happened to follow me here,” I said looking out for the bartender who was taking forever to get here.

“Here let me buy you a drink so we can get to know each other a little bit more.” D’ Andrea suggested sitting down next to me.

“No thanks, I’m sure you have some female to go back to, and besides my drink is here,” I replied picking up the three glasses as the waiter left.

“I, don’t have any other female, and if I did, she’s most definitely not important if I’m tryna follow you around,” D’ Andrea said.

“Well that’s good to know, so If you don’t mind I have a party to go back to,” I said walking away once again from this persistent yet sexy man.  

“Damn what’s taking you so long all the time?” Shekinah asked taking the glass of wine from my hand.

“Bumped into this dude who tryna holla at me,” I replied sitting down.

“You told him you can’t go right, you got your boy Louis with you,” Erica replied.

“I know, he just gave me his number, so I’ll keep it, but I ain’t gonna call it until I want to,” I answered drinking my wine and smiling, “Now let’s dance.”

We got up and walked over to the dance floor swaying our hips to the sound of the beat and moving side to side with one another. This was what I needed, between school and work; I just needed a break with my girls. They get me and they are there for me like I’m there for them.

                After three hours of partying and a nice meal in between, we all decided to part for our separate ways.

“And I am telling you! I’m not going!” Shekinah yelled as I dragged her out of the hotel to get into the car.

“Come on drunk ass, we don’t got all day, I got classes in the morning,” I replied pulling her into the car.

“You sure she’s going to be okay?” Erica asked pulling out her car keys.

“Yea, besides she doesn’t pass out until after she pukes,” I replied giving her a hug, “safe drive home”

The drive on the way back to our apartment was funny, because Shekinah was dishing out all this information and blah blah blah, so I  was thinking about me and Louis. No he wasn’t the cutest one of them all or the most muscular, but he was good company. He was a heavy set dude with more butt than me, and sexual experience. He was kinda sloppy and breathed really heavy, which, mind you, was a total turn off. Other than that he was pretty decent when he wasn’t annoying the hell outta me.  Sometimes I regret being with him because he’s too silly, like you nineteen years old actin like a sixteen year old get-the fuck outta here. I don’t got time for this I need a real man, but since my momma and brother like him ain’t much I can do. That’s what I’m about, making sure everybody else happy.

                Soon as we reached the crib I threw Shekinah drunk ass in the bed and went to take a shower, once I got out I went  to sleep ready for the school, and to see that boy Louis.