Vanquished (Cameron Dallas)

By shaynerrrrs

van·quish [vang-kwish, van-] -verb (used with object) 1. to conquer or subdue by superior force, as in battle... More

Chapter 1 - I love you
Chapter 2 - Movies
Chapter 3 - Regrets
Chapter 4 - Normal
Chapter 5 - Tears
Chapter 6 - Frustrations
Chapter 7 - Flowers
Chapter 8 - Yes
Chapter 9 - Intoxicated
Chapter 10 - My Heart
Chapter 11 - Dropped
Chapter 12 - Games
Chapter 13 - Caught
Chapter 14 - Challenge
Chapter 15 - Ice Cream
Chapter 16 - Hang
Chapter 17 - Mall
Chapter 18 - New
Chapter 19 - Six Words
Chapter 20 - Or Else
Chapter 21 - Forever
Chapter 22 - Undress
Chapter 23 - Don't Die
Chapter 24 - Wimp
Chapter 25 - Bad Girlfriend
Chapter 26 - Told you
Chapter 27 - Drunk
Chapter 28 - Pancakes
Chapter 29 - Scared
Chapter 30 - Green Light
Chapter 31 - Date
Chapter 32 - Ready
Chapter 33 - Airport
Chapter 34 - Get off
Chapter 35 - Descent
Chapter 36 - Introduction
Chapter 37 - Don't Speak
Chapter 38 - Flashback
Chapter 39 - Pure
Chapter 40 - Empty
Chapter 41 - Brushed
Chapter 42 - Help
Chapter 44 - Again
Chapter 45 - Gone
Chapter 46 - Together
Chapter 46 - Know
Chapter 47 - Surprise
Chapter 48 - Walked Away
Chapter 49 - Meant To Be
Chapter 50 - Runnin'
Chapter 51 - The End.

Chapter 43 - Vanquished

57K 895 462
By shaynerrrrs

Amara's POV

I never knew ten minutes could feel like an eternity. It made sense though. Five minutes felt like forever, ten must be double that. It could only be common sense.

A bubbled feeling encumbered my stomach. I closed my eyes and saw galaxies. Stress vanquished my conscious. I took a breath and it all vanished. Nerves of steel, that was a high statement.

Eternities passed, and so did bubbled, nauseous feelings. Kicks and groans. Taps and impatient moods. Was I feeling this way due to the fact I could be a mother? Or was I experiencing this feeling like every month of puberty?

I sat up and brought my feet to the edge of the bed. Part of me wanted to lay and decay forever, the other part had hope. Hope to get up and check. Hope won. I gently placed my feet on the ground-no swollen ankles. Maybe I wasn't pregnant after all. . .

Weight spread across the area of my feet. My stomach churned. Maybe I was. . .

I wobbled my way to the bathroom. Each step was a tumble to the center of the earth. The soft carpet swallowed my feet.

After another eternity (it was probably those ten minutes) my feet reached the cold tile ground. The cold transferred from the floor to my feet in a matter of seconds. I shivered.

I forced myself to look into the mirror, I'm surprised it didn't shatter. The bags under my eyes were more pronounced than before. The corner of my eyes were all crusted; a mixture between them watering and me crying from the grim pain.

A knock was soon situated on the door. I didn't speak nor move. The knock returned. I sighed. "Come in," the most faint voice came out of my mouth.

The door opened. Carter ambulated through the door. A small plastic bag, white in color, was in his left hand. "Where are you?" He said with the most healthy voice, compared to mine.

"Bathroom," I sparsely answered. A few loud but meaningful steps approached me. My head began to feel light, I stumbled backwards to sit down on the toilet. Right as Carter came into the bathroom, I was finally placing my body down.

His jaw dropped as I looked at him. He scanned my face, it was horrendous. "You look," he stopped. "Horrible."

"I feel the equivalent to that," I managed to say. Carter brought his body down in front of me, he sat down on the icy tile and opened the bag. Inside the bag was a small bottle of pills, the Meclizine I was wishing for. A pink box was also in the bag, I sighed looking at them.

"Are you ready?" He asked gazing into my eyes. I nodded. "But, can I ask you something?" I furrowed my eyebrows in suspision, but allowed anyway. "It happened last night right?" I nodded again. "Well, I took high school health, and I don't think its possible to even get pregnant after one day. Like you won't get the symptoms."

"I know that," my voice cracked.

"Okay, just checking," he smiled. Carter reached for the Meclizine. His fingers opened the cardboard in one swift move. He pulled the bottle out and followed the instructions on the cap; push down and turn left. Two pills popped in his hand, he handed them to me. My hand touched his, I didn't even think about this sexually. I just wanted the pills. I tilted my head back and swallowed them, dry.

Carter reached for the next box, "No." His eyes met mine. "I will do it myself."

"Are you sure?" He asked, I was starting to envy his healthy voice. I nodded. "Okay," he got up off of the ground. "I'll be in your room."

"Okay," I swallowed the saliva lingering in my mouth. Carter stepped slowly, cautiously out the bathroom. I stayed waiting for him to be gone. The door then shut.

My hand trailed to the plastic bag, I took a deep breath then reached in. The box became latched into my hand. I pulled it out. Just like Carter, I opened it in one swift move. I pulled one of the thermometer looking strips out. I then turned the box-still in my hand-around and read the instructions. Pee on it, that was the summary, and wait for five minutes.

I slowly stood up back onto my feet. I sighed for the millionth time then turned around and opened the porcelain seat. I let my body sit down. I then waited.

I suddenly got the urge. I held the strip into the steady stream for five seconds. I pulled the thermometer looking object away, I then sat it on a small towel on the bathroom counter.

Now I wait.

I took a deep breath then slowly stepped towards the door. My right hand defied gravity and lifted up towards the knob. I let my hand rest on it. My head found its self resting on the door. The breaths that escaped my lips increased speed. I twisted the knob left and pulled the door open.

Carter was revealed, he was laying on the bed playing (probably on Twitter) on his phone. His head immediately popped up. "Did you get the results yet?" I shook my head.

My feet brought me over to the side of the bed. I sat down on the lacy sheets next to his legs. I rested my elbows on my knees and my head in my palms.

I was nervous. What if it was positive? What would I do? But, it takes weeks to develop. . .

My head pounded from my mixed thoughts. I didn't know what to think. I was overwhelmed by possible answers.

I closed my eyes and searched my mind for more answers. I then reached the most plausible conclusion.

It came back.

"Carter," I shook his legs. "I need Cameron. Now."

He sat up, alerted. "Why?"

I sighed. I wasn't willing to tell him to horrifying story of the near death experience I went through. "I will tell you later."

"What about the pregnancy test? Don't you want to check it?" He asked confused.

"No, I know exactly what is happening," I stood up and started pacing around the room. "Carter get me Cameron now! I need him!" I started screaming at the top of my lungs. I couldn't stand the bare the thought of it coming back.

"Okay! But he's downstairs, if I try to get him I'll get swarmed!" Carter raised his voice.

"Carter! I need him now! He's the only one who knows what is going in! Have you ever wondered why he treats me like a princess? He knows what's going on. I am dying," I yelled louder.

Carter's jaw dropped to the floor.

A/N: OH SHIAT THINGS JUST GOT REAL

(P.S I didn't just keep my promise. I exceeded your expectations WHAT NOW)

QOTD: What do you think will happen next?

A) She's pregnant [she hasn't checked the test. . .duhh]

B) She's dying. . .its obvious. [From what?]

C) Its a joke or a dream

D) WTF IS GOING ON?!?!? HONESTLY!! UPDATE ASAP

E) idgaf. Why'd you change the title?

.
.

I wanna see what you think muhahahaha

Why'd I change the title you ask? I started this story in November of last year, with no idea on how the plot was going to be. I had the idea of "They fall in love and go to Magcon." So Cameron Dallas is my Best Friend. . .right? (Tbh its the most cliché title in the world [Also my writing has drastically improved. . .{read the first twenty chapters for proof}])

I changed the title because I needed to spring clean, a little late. Vanquished means to defeat or overcome. The title will make perfect sense. (Hint: if the chapter name matches the title, that's where the plot unfolds)

TFIOS. That's all I'm going to say. I saw it and got inspired.

QuoteOTD:  ". . .I fell in love with you like the way you fall asleep; slowly then all at once. . ."

Follow me on

Twitter: 

@damnmmendes

Instagram:

@shaynaxobailey

Snapchat:

@shaynaxobailey

Vine:

Shayna Bailey

Kik:

shaynabailey

Püma :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
13.3K 392 11
Reader x Harry Potter x Descendants - One night you're out with Harry and a ball of light strikes out of nowhere. It blinds you and Harry and all of...