The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

By MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 8 - The House Of April
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds

438 31 9
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: HELLO FRIENDS I've been writing this forever ack I'm so bad at interviews EHHHHHH anyway.

I'M SO BUSY THIS SUMMER LIKE I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD ANY TIME TO THINK ABOUT WRITING BC I'M LEARNING TO PLAY THE UKULELE (which is fab) AND DOING WORK FOR A SPECIAL ENGLISH CLASS NEXT YEAR AND REPLACING CARPET IN MY ROOM AND WOW SUCH BUSY MUCH WORK.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Do any of you watch the show Chuck? Bc OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH I'm in the 3rd season on Netflix IT'S JUST SO GOOOOD!

Bye buddies :) Have a fabulous day!

~Grace xx

-----------------------------

            ~April~

“PIZZA HAS ARRIVED!” I shouted, walking onto the soccer field.

The girls and I burst out laughing as the teenage boys’ heads swiveled to look at us within .000000000046 seconds of hearing the word “pizza.”

I noticed four extra figures standing among Louis, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Liam. That explained why they had us order two more pizzas than usual. But hey, they’re teenage boys with crazy fast-working metabolisms, so who knows?

Louis jogged over in front of the other guys and kissed me on the cheek. He was covered in sweat so I playfully pushed him away and stuck my tongue out at him as I walked away with the pizza.

“Who are your friends?” Erin asked, her arm around Liam. The four guys were walking towards us and it took me a minute, but I recognized them.

“OH!” I shouted in surprise. “I KNOW YOU GUYS!”

“You know everybody!” Kris joked.

“Okay, if you know who they are, then introduce them,” Rikki said.

I pointed around at them as I said their names, “The cute one is Michael, the other cute one is Ashton, the third cute one is Luke, and the cutest one is Calum.”

Calum beamed and Luke smiled at me. “You’ve heard of us?”

“Of course! Ya’ll are the bomb! I heard 5 Seconds of Summer would be touring with One Direction somewhere but I thought it was a rumor ‘cause that would just be too good to be true.”

“April they’re Australian why didn’t you tell me about them,” Erin whispered. I cracked up as their faces turned bright red.

“PIZZA TIME!” I yelled to break the tension.

Heather laid out two huge blankets we’d brought over the grass and got a bunch of plates. Erin and I opened the six boxes of pizza, bringing on a rush of teenagers.

“So, tell us about yourselves,” Luke invited when we were all situated. I was beside Louis, who kept a hand on my knee the entire time.

“I’m so sick of trying to explain who we are to people,” I said, “I feel like we’ve been asked that like twenty times in the past week.”

“Why does it bother you?” Michael asked.

“I mean, why don’t people just gradually get to know you anymore? Why is it that you always have to list off personality traits and expect that the person will immediately understand you? What ever happened to just getting to know a person?”

“That’s an interesting thought,” Calum said, “I never really considered it.”

I shrugged. “Eh. I don’t know. It’s just a silly idea.”

We sat around eating slices upon slices of pizza, discussing the boys’ tour. It was supposed to start mid summer, and there was still a ton of prep work to do. They had announced the release date of their new album, and I had May 16th marked on my calendar in bright red.

“So you guys are from Kansas, then?” Luke asked.

“Yeah,” I replied, “Rural Kansas where there are more cows than people.”

“That must be fun,” Calum laughed, “have you ever tipped a cow?”

“No and no.”

“Did you wear a cowboy hat?”

“You couldn’t get me to wear a cowboy hat for a million dollars!” I shouted, making everybody laugh.

“What about you guys?” I inquired. “Australia sounds pretty awesome.”

“Oh, it is.” Ashton said.

“It sounds like a warmer Canada. You guys all seem super nice and crazy stereotypical things happen everywhere.

“W-what?” Calum asked, chuckling.

“I saw an Australian news report on tumblr about kangaroos breaking into an airport.”

“Yeah… that kinda stuff does happen a lot, I guess.”

“Don’t be embarrassed, though. Stereotypical crap happens in America all the time.”

“Like what?”

“I remember at an eighth grade dance every boy dressed up as Daisy Duke with their girlfriends’ booty shorts. . . "

                                                                                       :~:~:

After a week of intense homework and rushing around, prepping for the album, it was time for The Cover Girl’s first public outing. Our new manager, whose name was Abigail and turned out to be pretty cool, had scheduled an interview for us. Nothing big, just a small talk show based in London. They weren’t on TV, but apparently had a huge internet following in the UK.

It got pretty insane when we were introduced to our stylist. She was a friend of Lou Teasdale’s, and she was pretty cool too. She didn’t tell us her real name, but simply told us to call her Bunny. There was only one thing that caused any problems; the fact that I don’t wear makeup.

“What do you mean? Like, just mascara and foundation?” Bunny said when I told her.

“No, like, none at all. I used to do mascara but I decided I wasn’t going to wear any makeup at all anymore.”

“Why?! It’s not harmful! And you can take it off right when you get home.”

“Because I don’t like wearing it! It makes me feel unformortable and like I’m wearing a mask.”

“Would let me just put a teensy bit on? Only for the interview?”

“No. I’m honestly fine without it.”

“Are you sure?” She gave me a hesitant look, but I was putting my foot down. I had worked extremely hard in my younger teenage years to get clear skin, and all sorts of makeup made my acne pop up. Plus, through all my insecurities, I surprisingly didn’t hate my face enough to hide it. And even on days I did hate it, I didn’t dare dig up the bags of foundation and eyeshadow hiding in my suitcase. It felt like the only thing about myself that I didn’t have the instinct to disguise, and that felt nice.

“Alright. But if somebody asks you why your stylist completely forgot about your face, you better tell them it’s not my fault!”

“Okay, Bunny,” I laughed, standing up from my seat in front of the mirror.

The girls were spread across the room, dressed up, with their makeup all on. Although I hate to admit it, I was the stubborn one when it came to everything involving style. Bunny wanted to put me in a dress but I smacked that idea down faster than I eat chinese food. Kris was wearing darkwash jeans, a floral shirt, and a jacket, Erin was dressed in a tight skirt and a shoulderless blouse, Heather had on jeans with a tight ruffly shirt, and Rhee looked like a fairy with a flowy tunic and black pants. I, however, told Bunny I intended to wear my Panic! At The Disco shirt and high tops, but she talked me into ripped jean shorts and a plaid shirt tied around my waist. The ladies had their hair curled and fluffed, but mine had refused a curling iron so she did some kind of dark magic with hairspray and bobby pins to give me hair loose beachy waves. I looked pretty fab, actually.

“Are you ready?’ A guy wearing a black shirt and headset asked, popping his head in the room.

“Yep!” I replied.

“Great. Be out in five minutes, the show’s starting.”

We had met the two young girls doing the interviewing and they seemed very sweet. They told us that they’d received an exclusive clip of one of our songs and loved it. Their show was centered around discovering and sharing new talent, so it felt like just what we needed.

After talking it over with the lads, we decided we weren’t going to share our relationships with the world yet. Erin was excited to start Instagramming with Liam but I brought up the point that if we did anything relationship-y in public with them, everybody would assume we were gold diggers. Plus, we didn’t want people to like or dislike us based on who we know. So, it was decided that we would wait at least three weeks to announce that we were dating. It was inevitable, though, that people would see all of us together, just out  shopping or at a restaurant, so we would simply say that we were just friends with the boys if anyone asked.

“You’re on!” The same guy said, motioning for us to walk onto the stage in front of a live audience of about forty people.

As we walked out, the people cheered. The girls, Lindsay and Katie, had introduced us as a “ticking time bomb waiting to explode all over the music scene” and they looked pretty excited. I guess that was a big compliment coming from them.

“Welcome to the show, ladies!” Katie said as we sat down on a plush red couch.

“Thanks for having us!” I replied.

“Would you like to introduce yourselves for our audience?” Lindsay invited.

“I’m Erin!”

“Kris.”

“Rikki.”

“Heather.”

“April!” I waved to the crowd.

“So, rumor has it that your band, The Cover Girls, has a new EP to be released very soon. Is that true?”

“Yes, in fact, it is,” Kris said.

“Yeee!” Katie squealed. “Does it have any original music on it?”

“Yeah! This is actually our first time trying our hand at songwriting,” Rikki replied.

“Oh, fantastic! How are you liking it so far?”

“Well, that’s a question for April, considering she wrote 98% of the music for the EP,” Erin chuckled, looking over at me.

“Oh, psh, you guys did a lot to!”

“Yes, however we would wake up to find you covered in sheets of paper with lyrics and chord progressions, and surrounded by empty cups of coffee because you had been up so late songwriting.”

“Go big or go home,” I joked, fist pumping the air.

Lindsay laughed and asked, “Would you girls like to give us a sneak peak of one of your original songs? Maybe a lyric or a title?”

“April wrote a song for the EP called Nightingale that is absolutely lovely,” Kris replied, smiling at me.

“Thanks bae,” I stage whispered, leaning to stroke her face awkwardly.

The audience laughed, and I found myself slightly blushing. Katie and Lindsay went on asking us a few more questions about the EP and the original music. Our interviewers were fantastic, and I was proud to be sitting on that couch with my best friends, ready to face the world together.

“Okay, we only have time for one more question, and this is one I simply have to ask,” Katie said to us with a grin, “Girls as amazing as you lot must have someone special back at home. Do any of you ladies happen to be in relationships?”

There was only a second of silence where I could feel the girls staring at me before I piped up.

“Yes, actually, we have all very recently been taken,” I said with a polite smile.

“Aw, sorry lads,” Lindsay turned to the camera, fake frowning, making us laugh.

“Well, it was so great having you!” Katie exclaimed.

“Thank you very much for letting us visit!” Erin said.

“We hope to see you girls back soon. Ladies and gentleman, The Cover Girls!”

We all stood up and hugged Lindsay and Katie before waving to the crowd and walking off the stage.

“We did it!” Erin shouted just as soon as we were backstage.

“We did it,” I whispered to myself. “We did it.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 304 29
April Greene's life turns upside down when she visits a One Direction concert. It could've been one of the worst days for her. But it flips her world...
215 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
98.7K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...
64.2K 1.7K 24
Delilah had a difficult childhood with different foster family's have their way with her, she was abused by her biological parents! But what happens...