A Potter Secret

By ScarletWSilver

My life is full of magic. I was barely a few months old when you-know-who came and killed my parents. My brot... More

The Boy Who Lived
The Girl Touched by Death
Care
Death's Deal
On Down the Road
Educational Prowess
A New Avenue
Friendships Grow
Smiling Summer and Schooling
O.W.L.'s and Knowledge
Godfathers
Werewolf
Christmas Morning
Stress
Babysitting Isabella
Death's Doorstep
Powers Unknown
First Day of School
Finding a Sister
On the Team?
Meetings
Trolls
Quidditch
More Friends
Harry's First Christmas
Trouble with Norbert
First Sighting
Death's Tricks
Exams and Safeguards
The Sorcerer's Stone
Heading Home
Summer Fun in the Sun
Better Impressions
A Brother's Second Year
Lockhart's Entrance
Slugs
Voices
Knowledge is Power
Rogue Bludgers and Skele-gro
To Plan a Brew
Faux Heirs
Slytherin Common Room
Truths Revealed
Fear Within
Follow the Spiders
The Entrance Discovered
Salazar Slytherin's Chamber of Secrets
Phoenix Tears
Summer School
Sirius' Health and Soulmates Reunited
Buckbeak Emerges
Boggarts
Sirius in the Castle
Maurader's Map
Godfather?!
Creepy Prophecies
Whomping Willow
Pettigrew the Rat
A Werewolf Revealed
Evidence
A Trial?
Sirius' Future
A Summer of Fun
Sortings...
The Drawing
Questioning the Decision
The Badges
Dragons
Is there to be a Dance?
The Ball
The Second Task
Memories
Explaining to Cedric
The Final Task
Aftermath of the Task
In Memoriam
Forks, Washington
Vampires: A History
The Party
The Cullens Disappear
Depression Continues
The Bikes
Restoration of Smiles
The Wolves' Appearance
Not so Subtle Hints
Discovery
The Return of One
The Volturi
Volterra
The Cullens' Decisions
Summer after Loss
Heading to Florida
Victoria's Entrance
Intruder
Protection and an Arrangement
Quileute: A History
Kissing a Shifter
Rosalie's Story
Graduating
Team Up, Take Two
Train for War
Hiding a Scent
And so it Begins
Hiding in the Mountains
The Battle of Newborns
Endings and the Volturi
Healing Jacob
Gred and Forge
A Brother's Greeting
Last Wishes and Wedding Disasters
Escaping the Wedding
R.A.B.
Polyjuice Again?!
Sneaky?
Not so Sneaky
Splinched
After the Splinch
Ron Defects from the Team
Injury Assistance
Birth of a Hybrid
The Sword of Godric Gryffindor
Horcrux Officially Crushed
The Deathly Hallows
Stinging Hexes
Daring Escapes
Dobby's Death
Breaking Into Gringotts
Aberforth
Aberforth's Warning
Return to Hogwarts
Facing Snape
Starting the Search
The Grey Lady
Searching the Room of Requirement
Destroying the Diadem
Snape's Demise
Loss and Snape's Memories
Facing Voldemort
Knowledge From Beyond
Hope
Trying to Kill Nagini
Final Spells
Return for Those Who Choose
Return
Home and Love
Epilogue

Cliff and Saviors

1.9K 54 2
By ScarletWSilver

"Excellent. If the redhead's after Bella, we've got bait," Jared starts.

With stunning speed, Jacob grabs a four-pronged spading fork from some garden tools, and flings it toward Jared's head Jared easily, and amazingly, catches it. "She is not bait," Jacob screams.

A picnic table in the middle of this small, quaintly landscaped garden. Jacob, Bella, Embry, Paul, Sam, Jared and Emily are in the midst of a huge breakfast. "I should leave town," Bella suggests.

"Victoria will follow you and make it harder for us to catch her," Sam replies.

"No one can catch her. She can escape anything," Bella explains.

"Ooh. She has special powers," Paul jokes.

"Some of them do," Bella says seriously.

They all look at her. She instantly regrets saying it. "Like what? Bella?" Jacob presses.

"The mind reader you said you knew. He was a suckhead? Can they all do that?" Jared asks.

"That would blow," Embry notes.

"No, I shouldn't have- no," Bella corrects.

"She's still protecting them," Paul scoffs.

Jared shakes his head. "I don't know why. It's not like they stuck around to protect you."

"Guys, back off," Jacob insists. Jacob looks apologetically at Bella. She shrinks, stung, before stepping outside. Jacob follows her to the railing. "He didn't mean it, Bella. Vampires are our natural enemy. Having you protect them while you're in our territory is- it's like betraying the pack in their minds because we brought you in and you are caring more about our enemy than us."

"They shouldn't be your enemy," Bella says. "They're good people."

Jacob rolls his eyes. "It's our history with them and our ancestor's history with vampires. We understand that the Cullens are trying to live with what they've been cursed with but our nature disagrees with their nature."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jacob walks her to the door of her house. "Don't worry, we've got this place covered. She won't get near you or Charlie," Jacob assures. Bella nods. He sees she's blue. "Hey, we should do something fun. Like, cliff diving, right?"

"I could use the rush," Bella replies.

"Soon. After we catch her." He offers a reassuring look before jogging into the woods.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bella awakens that night, tears on her face. She can't take it. She gets out of bed, anxious to leave her dreams behind. But it stays with her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bella knocks on the door to the cabin, rain falling around her, wind blowing strong. Emily opens the door. "Bella. Are you okay?" Emily asks.

"Yeah, I just- is Jacob here? He wasn't at home," Bella mentions.

Sam appears behind Emily. "He's with Jared and Embry, keeping an eye on things. I'm heading out soon. Should I tell him something?" Sam continues. Sam wraps an arm around Emily. Their deep love is achingly obvious.

"You want to come in?" Emily asks. But Bella's already hurrying to her truck, determination on her face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A rifle is locked and loaded. Charlie checks it, then notes the position of the six men in his hunting party, all wearing rain gear. He sees Harry at the end of the line, pausing, looking down. "You got something, Harry?" Charlie calls.

Harry looks down at a large wolf paw print. "Nope, nothin'," Harry says.

The hunting party moves forward. Harry lets them get ahead, stomps out the paw print. Charlie passes under a huge tree. High above, crouching on a limb, is Victoria. She watches Charlie with a vengeful glare. She noiselessly swings down to a lower branch, getting ready to pounce on Charlie. Harry's eye catches her movement; he looks up, sees the back of her red head his breath catches. She hears the sound, even through the rain and wind. Before Harry can raise his shotgun, Victoria's standing next to him, whipping the gun out of his hands with superhuman speed. He gasps, breath stuck in his chest. She grins, about to bite but suddenly the russet-brown Jacob-wolf smashes into her, knocking her away. She rights herself immediately and takes off. The three wolves give chase, disappearing. It all happened soundlessly, in seconds, unbeknownst to the others. Harry still can't catch his breath. He clasps his left arm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The wolves are right on Victoria's tail, blasting through the forest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Charlie turns to see Harry clutching his chest. Charlie runs to Harry's side.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Victoria escapes at breakneck speed she bursts out of the trees to the ocean. Victoria beelines for the choppy water, dives in. When she reappears, she's hundreds of yards offshore. The wolves prowl the beach in frustration.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry falls to his knees just as Charlie reaches him. Charlie starts CPR.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sam heads out as Bella leaves and shifts, talking to Jacob. "Jacob," Sam starts. "Go find Bella. She seems a little skittish and different. I'm not sure what's happening with her."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bella's truck comes to a stop; she climbs out. Ignoring the wind and rain, she strides to the cliff's edge; looks down. "Step back," Edward suggests in her mind. Bella smiles, tears of relief springing to her eyes. She turns to find Edward's apparition at her side. She steps back from the cliff's edge which causes him to disappear. That's it. She starts pulling off her shoes and coat, adrenaline pumping. Edward's apparition reappears, but she keeps going. "Stop this now, Bella."

"You won't stay with me any other way," Bella states. The image flashes between Edward and Cedric. She takes a last look at him, then with a running leap flings herself over the edge. Bella screams with exhilaration as she plummets down, down, then splashes into the water. No sign of Bella. Suddenly, she pops back up. Inhales deeply and laughs! "Yes!"

She enjoys a moment of elation and empowerment then turns to swim ashore but her smile falters when she realizes how strong the current is. A wave crashes over her head. She gasps for breath. Then another wave hits her. Starts to pull her under. Under the water, Bella struggles. Above water, she pops up, looks around in a panic, sees something orange-ish, bobbing on the surface of the water. Bella goes down, then comes up again. The orange-ish thing is suddenly thirty yards closer. Bella struggles to stay afloat but the current smashes her into a rock, the air goes out of her lungs. She sinks. It's Victoria, floating effortlessly, hungry anticipation on her face. She dips below the surface, vanishing. Under the water, Bella sinks, struggling at first. Edward appears in front of her, his eyes full of longing and love. He reaches to her, she to him, hands almost touching, things going dark. Suddenly a hand grabs her collar.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bella is barely conscious. "Breathe, Bella! C'mon!" Jacob begs. Jacob hits her on the back. She spits up water, coming to. "Bella? Can you hear me?"

"Jake?" Bella asks. She focuses and sees Jacob hovering over her, relieved.

Behind him stands Sam. "She'll be alright," Sam says. Sam looks out at the water, scanning it. He senses something.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob demands.

"I needed to see something," Bella says.

"What? The pearly gates? If we hadn't heard you scream-"

"Get her home. I'm heading to the hospital. I'll meet you there," Sam says.

Jacob nods. Sam jogs off. "Why would you jump? Didn't you notice it's like a hurricane out here?" Jacob asks.

"I know. It was stupid. Sam said hospital; someone's hurt?" Bella pries.

"Harry Clearwater had a heart attack."

"Oh my God. Does my Dad know?"

"He and my dad are both over there."

"Will Harry be okay? What about his kids?"

"I don't know. Come on. I'll find you something dry and drive you home." As Jacob helps Bella up. Victoria bobs, watching Jacob guide Bella away, then she disappears below the surface.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 6.1K 41
Rosabel Potter is the non-prodigy twin sister of Harry Potter. Unlike her brother who's fame from surviving Voldemort's attack is legendary. She, ho...
51.5K 1.5K 14
In book three, Harry and Lexi's relationship is tested when new threats appear, including the infamous Sirius Black. Will the Cullens return back to...
30.7K 1.1K 23
β€βž· β‹†Λšβ‚Š [πŸͺ] ˚* Β· Β° β—Œ ❝royalty and commoner troupe? yes please!❞ π–Žπ–“ π–œπ–π–Žπ–ˆπ–, the prince is engaged to someone but another catches his eye.
156K 3.5K 38
After the death of her boyfriend, Cedric Diggory, Brooke wants to leave all magic behind. The Wizarding World was a constant reminder of Cedric and i...