The Wrong Direction Ended up...

By RachTommoForever

Harry Styles was just another first year moving sluggishly through university, until he meets second year Lou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 16

10.5K 140 19
By RachTommoForever

Hey guys :) i'm sorry i havent updated in a while and this chapter is like, completely shit cause i have like no time to write anymore :( i hope its okay, only a few more chapters left :( i really have nothing more to say for once :O Comment, Vote, Fan :) Love you all, Rach xxxxxx

Chapter 16

I woke up with a sleeping angel in my arms. You’d think after all this time and all the things we’ve been through, I would stop thinking he is an angel, but I can’t. He’s just too amazing. I let my eyes wander around his face. Trying to take it all in, trying to take a mental image of him, so I can always have him with me. I tried to lock in every perfect aspect of his face. When he sleeps, he smiles slightly and he isn’t thinking, and he looks so much younger.

His mouth is parted slightly and he is taking long, deep breaths. I squirmed my way further into his chest so my ear is resting over his heart. The steady boom, boom, boom of his heart sent a shiver down my spine and I was incredibly comforted by the sound. That one little part inside of him that is responsible for his living. I can’t imagine a world without him, without his laugh, without his smile, without his smell, without his personality. Without him.

I shuddered at the thought. All the things I love about him, gone. The way he flicks his hair to get his fringe out of his eyes. The way his eyes crinkle at the sides when he smiles. The way he places his hands on his stomach without realising it, when he laughs. The way one touch can calm me instantly. The way he knows the exactly right thing to say to me, no matter what mood I’m in. The way we can almost read each other’s mind, that with one look, we know exactly what the other is thinking. The way he understands me, almost better than I understand myself.

I sighed in contentment and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, eliminating the non-existent space between us. I felt him wrap his arms around me and, he too, sighed blissfully. He kissed the top of my head and I shivered. The effect this boy has on me.. He took his phone from the bedside table next to my bed, and took a photo of us. My head nuzzled in his neck and him kissing the top of my head. I have to admit, we looked like an adorable couple. I watched him log onto twitter and he uploaded the photo.

@Louis_Tomlinson: Me and My beautiful Hazzabear <3 morning babe :) xx

I giggled at him and kissed his neck softly. We snuggled together for a few minutes, kissing lovingly, not lustfully. Interrupting us, I heard Louis’ phone beep on the bedside table. He groaned, but reached over to answer it. ‘Hello? Hey! How are you? .. yeah I miss you too! .. how are the girls?.. uh-mu-uh-um- put her on .. Charlotte Tomlinson, you give your sister back her doll now, or I will go there and kick your butt .. no love calm down im joking .. no you don’t need to tell mum on me .. she won’t listen to you though .. just put her back on please .. love you too .. yeah, no worries .. yeah, um, how did you know? .. oh right, forgot you had that now .. umm okay?’ he handed the phone out to me ‘She wants to talk to you’ fuck, wait, who is it? ‘She? Who is it?’ I could feel the panic spread across my face ‘It’s, uhh, it’s my mum’ holy shit. Fuck. Shit fuck. Crap.

‘Uhh, okay’ I reached for the phone uncertainly ‘Hello Mrs Tomlinson’ I said, voice shaky (A/N: phone conversation will be Harry in bold, Mrs Tomlinson in Italic) ‘Honey, please, call me Jay‘Okay, jay, how are you?’ ‘Fine sweetie. Thankyou. Now, I hear you are dating my son’ Yes, Yes I am.’ ‘Well, at least you sound sure. I just want him to be happy. It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just, I know he’s had his heart broken badly before, and I couldn’t stand to see him go through that again’

‘Trust me Jay, I would never even dream of doing anything to hurt Louis. I love him with all my heart’ Jay made an approving sound on the other side of the line ‘Good. Now, I have asked him to come home for a visit, you are welcome to come.’ ‘I would love to, when would he be leaving?’ ‘He said he would leave maybe tomorrow?’ ‘Um, yeah. Would it be too much of a bother for me to come for a day or so then come back here on my own? My sister is coming to visit me and I haven’t seen her in a few months’

‘Yes dear that would be fine’ I could hear her smiling on the end of the line. ‘Thankyou Jay. Now would you like me to put Lou back on?’ ‘Just one more thing Harry. I saw the photo he posted on twitter, which is how I knew you were together. I just want to let you know that… he’s never done that before. With anyone. He has always been a bit shy when it came to his relationships. He’s never posted photos like that before. Have you both said I love you to each other yet?’ ‘Yes’ ‘I can tell he really loves you. So I know that even the little things you do will affect him. Please, just, be careful with him?’  ‘I wouldn’t dream of doing it any other way’ ‘Thankyou Harry. Now if you could please put Lou back on?’ ‘Of course Jay. Thankyou.’ 

I handed the phone back over to Louis who was just looking at me curiously. He took it and began talking again ‘Really?! .. thankyou so much mum! .. I do too .. thankyou mum .. see you soon .. love you too’ he took the phone away from his ear, hitting the end call button. ‘So.. I’m meeting the mother. Shitttttt’ he chuckled at me, gazing at me with adoring eyes ‘Don’t even worry babe. She really likes you’ I smiled at that.

‘She said you were leaving after a day cause your sisters coming up. Is Gem coming?’ I forgot I hadn’t told him yet ‘Yeah, sorry I didn’t tell you before i meant to I just forgot’ I smiled at him sheepishly. ‘No worries babe. I’m just so excited you’re meeting my family’ he kissed me briefly on the lips and ran into his room, pulling out a suitcase and stuffing clothes into it.

He looked so excited, like a child unwrapping the biggest birthday present they’ve ever seen. I smiled at him and sat down next to him, pulling out my own smaller bag, shoving a change of clothes in there. I’m excited too, don’t get me wrong, but im so nervous. What if they don’t like me? What if they think I’m bad for Louis? What if- ‘Babe stop thinking so hard. Let’s just go to bed, there’s a long drive to Doncaster so we’ll have to get up pretty early. Let’s just sleep’ I nodded at him as we snuggled into our bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken by a pair of warm lips pressed against my own. My eyes fluttered open to see two startling blue eyes, sparkling with excitement and anticipation. This is the second time I’ve been woken up like this, and I could very well get used to it. ‘C’mon babe! Let’s go meet the fam!’ he beamed at me excitedly. Not wanting to move but definitely not wanting to ruin his mood, I let him pick me up and carry me in his arms to the other side of the room where my clothes that I laid out the night before sat. I sighed and rubbed my eyes sleepily before pulling my clothes on, with a little help from Louis.

When I was dressed and fed, we grabbed our bags and walked out the door. The sun was partially hidden, it only being 7:30 in the morning. Louis had insisted that we leave early, to miss the traffic, but I knew that he was just really excited to see his family. It was adorable really, so I just let him think I believed him about traffic.

As we hopped into the car, he flipped on the radio just as ‘Call me Maybe’ (Song by Carly Rae Jepsen just in case you live in a hole and don’t know it) came on. He belted out the words, the entire time, a smile stretched across his face. Despite the fact that he was practically screaming the words, he sounded as good, if not, better than the first time he sang for me.

This time he was full of energy, his eyes twinkling like a Christmas tree and his voice sounding as pure and perfect as ever. I thought back to the time I first heard him sing. It was ‘Lego House’ by Ed Sheeran. Thinking about it, I realise what the words meant. I’m out of touch, I’m out of love, I’ll pick you up when you’re getting down, and out of all these things I’ve done, I will love you better now. After all the things that we’ve been through, I realise how much I love him.

If we never had a reason to be apart, we never would’ve missed each other and seen what happens when we’re not together. I never would’ve realised how much in love I am with him. I suddenly felt a strange pang of thankfulness towards Ms Hearne. If she never.. kissed him, then we would still be taking each other for granted.

I sighed in contentment and entwined our fingers, just loving the way our hands fit perfectly together, like a puzzle piece. I knew he was a part of me now, a part that I’m never letting slip away from me again. I dozed off, completely happy that this boy is mine and enjoying the feeling of our joined hands.

‘Haz! Harry! C’mon time to get up we’re here!’ he started to subconsciously shake me with excitement. Deciding not to make him wait any longer, I pulled myself up from the seat, unbuckling my seat belt, grabbed my bags and began the walk up the driveway.

I suddenly felt nervous butterflies erupt in my stomach. holy shit I thought I’m about to meet his fucking family. They’re gonna hate me. Holy shit. Harry, snap out of it, breathe. Cmon. You can do this. Show Louis you’re serious about this. I felt Louis grab my hand and I was instantly calmed at the touch. As long as you have Louis, You’ll be fine Harry. I stared into his eyes, his bright with anticipation and excitement, but there was also a slight touch of nervousness.

As we approached the door, he raised his hand to knock, but I grabbed his wrist ‘What if they don’t like me? Lou they’re gonna hate me! What am I gonna do if they hate me? I can’t-‘ Louis just looked at me through caring eyes ‘Haz, they’re gonna love you as much as I do’ and he pressed his lips gently on mine and tried to pull away but I grabbed onto his shirt, keeping his lips connected with mine, never wanting to let him go. At that moment, the front door swung open to reveal a rather confused, but delighted, woman standing there.

Louis squealed slightly into my mouth and I took my cue to let him go and pull away. ‘Mum!’ he rushed into the arms of the woman as she embraced him, smiling and running her fingers through his hair in a motherly way. I smiled at the interaction between my boyfriend and his mother. She pulled away from him and turned to me ‘Hi honey. You must be Harry? I’m Jay. It’s a pleasure to meet you’ I looked her firmly in the eyes and held my hand out to her ‘Yes I’m Harry, Louis’ boyfriend’. I could see Louis out of the corner of my eye, watching with wide eyes at the scene playing out before him. Jay smiled widely and grabbed my hand, but pulled me into her for a hug. I was surprised at first but was soon comforted by the idea that she liked me enough to hug me.

When we pulled away, Louis was smiling widely and pulled us both back in for another hug. Louis kissed me gently on the lips and his mum squealed, fangirling over our relationship. At their mothers scream, I could hear four pairs of feet sprinting down the stairs into the living room where we were currently standing. As they registered Louis; arrival, they too, screamed and took turns pouncing on Louis and kissing his cheek.

As we watched the reunion between the girls and their brother, Jay came over to me, slinging her arm over my shoulders, giving me a reassuring squeeze. I smiled gratefully at her just as Louis turned the girls attention to me ‘Okay girlies, this here is my boyfriend Harry’ the girls clapped their hands happily and ran over to me introducing themselves

‘Hey Harry, I’m Charlotte but everyone calls me Lottie and-‘ ‘Shuttup Lot. Hey I’m Felicite but everyone calls me Fizz’ I turned to the two younger girls, they are twins ‘Hello’ they said shyly ‘I’m Daisy’ ‘and I’m Phoebe’ ‘and we’re twins’ and smiled at them as they each grabbed one of my hands and dragged me over to the couch.

Louis sat in between Lottie and Fizz on the couch who had Daisy and Phoebe on their laps, and I was sat on Louis’. Daisy and Phoebe were fascinated by my curls, playing with them, running their hands through my locks. I giggled at them and I saw Louis’ eyes sparkle with love and happiness that his family and I were getting along.

We spent the rest of the night talking to his family about school, our relationship and what’s been going on here while he’s been away. When the kids went to bed, Louis and I moved to a single chair and snuggled up together while his mum cooed at us, saying how adorable we  are together. Eventually, I fell asleep in Louis’ arms, him quickly following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke in the morning, I remembered that I had to leave this gorgeous family. I had to go back to meet Gemma which I was ecstatic about, but I was dreading leaving Louis, even if it’s only for a few days. Much like the drive here, I had to leave early in the morning to get back in time for her, so I grabbed some food and went to say goodbye to Louis. ‘I’m gonna miss you Hazza.’ He stared into my eyes, upset prominent in his eyes ‘I’m gonna miss you too Boo. But its only for three days. Then we will be back together, forever’ he seemed vaguely happier at my words ‘Promise?’ he seemed so innocent and childlike ‘Promise’ I held my pinky finger out for him to take in his. He chuckled but took my finger in his and squeezed it ‘Pinky promise.’

I kissed him on the top of his head and walked out to my car, fighting back tears. Ridiculous, I know, but I feel like I’m leaving a piece of me behind. As I sat down in my car, I realised I hadn’t had a chance to say goodbye to Jay. I found a piece of paper in the car, and a pen, and quickly scrawled out a letter to her:

Dearest Jay,

I would just like to thank you so much for allowing me to stay in your house while I have been here. It meant so much to me that you trusted Louis’ judgement and let me in your home and it was so much fun to meet you and if I’m welcome, I would love to come back some day and treat you and the girls to dinner and a movie. They girls are amazing and I’m already starting to form a sisterly love for them. They are so much like Lou.

But Louis, he is a completely different matter. He is the most amazing person I have ever met. He is kind, loving, warm, friendly, beautiful; inside and out, funny and just all ‘round amazing. I would just like to thank you for raising such a perfect son. I feel like I should let you know that I am very deeply in love with your son. Even though he is older, we both rely on each other and we both keep each other strong. I believe we are perfect for each other and I will never let anything hurt him or take him away from me. Even the tiniest things he does, can cause the most extreme reactions on my body. If he touches me anywhere, goosebumps will breakout and my stomach will erupt into butterflies, just at the simplest of touches. He is my everything.

Once again, it was lovely meeting you and if I could just ask one favour? Please be careful when you hold Louis, because you are holding my world.

Lots of Love,

Harry xx

Satisfied with my letter, I folded it up and placed it on the doorstep. Walking quickly back to my car, starting it up and beginning the long drive back to my home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 701 18
Harry is a new sophomore in Louis' school in Doncaster. He slips cute little notes into Louis' locker to make him a little happier.... or because he...
66.3K 1.5K 30
Louis Tomlinson is the shy kid in school. He keeps to himself, except a few friends. He has perfect grades and never gets in trouble. He was bullied...
218K 5.6K 24
Harry Styles is a new student at Oakwood high school, he had to move because he got bullied for being gay at his old school. So, at this new school...
10.2K 403 25
When the boys are given a full week off from work, paparazzi, and crazy fans a lot happens. What happens when Harry falls hard for fellow bandmate Lo...