Conflicting Attractions // h.s

By harmonicstyles

In which a woman meets an arrogant, attractive, smart asshole that she wants nothing to do with but he wants... More

1\\Latte Mishaps
2\\Cold Waffles
3\\Bailed On
4\\Fatherly Arguments
5\\Mishandled Situations
6\\"Date with Destiny"
7\\Suddenly Sassy
8\\Lunch Date With Bee
9 [PART ONE]\\Unexpected Visitor
9 [PART TWO]\\Day Off
10\\The Date
11\\Morning Jitters
12\\Breaking The Rules
13\\Irritating Vibrations
14\\Breathless
15\\Party Scene
16\\Drunken Words, Sober Thoughts
17\\Sisterly Advice
18\\Girly Chats
19\\New Roommate
20\\Tempting Fate
21\\Too Close For Comfort
22\\Carpark Realisations
23\\Three's A Crowd
24\\Night In With Niall and The Girls
25\\Rooftop Gestures
26\\Invitations
27\\Holmes Chapel
28\\Newly Introductions
29\\Shed Talks
30\\Day Out with Harry
31\\Benchtop Envelopes
32\\Guilt and Regret
33\\A Gig and Work
34\\Anger and Clubs
35\\Lunch Date and Surprise Visitors
36\\Questions and Answers
37\\Butter Knives and One PM
38\\Tension and Forgiveness
39\\Wedding Dresses and Chinese
40\\Flowers and Filthy Looks
42\\Christmas Shopping
43\\Bombshell
Fanfiction Awards 2018!!
44\\Hen's Night.
45\\Bee's Wedding Day
46\\Waiting Room
47\\Christmas Day
48\\Emotions
49 [PART ONE]\\Hints
49 [PART TWO]\\Get Together
50\\Midnight Confessions
51\\Cutting Ties
52\\Catch up With Niall
53\\Honesty
54\\ Work Shenanigans*
55\\Shattered
56\\Payments
57\\Picture Frame
58\\Hospital
59\\Heart to Heart
60\\True Colors
61\\Date Night*
62\\Bacon and Eggs

41\\Ice Skating

1.6K 79 5
By harmonicstyles

(read the author's note!) <3

Phoebe

I scoffed, pushing off him walking ever so gently towards the entry of the rink. Harry was confused to say the least that I didn't have an answer for him but I honestly just wanted to skate and fall on my ass as entertainment. There were a few couples skating around in circles here along with a few school kids, but it wasn't all that busy.

I felt Harry's hot breath behind me when he wrapped his arms around my waist, giving me a behind hug, leading me onto the rink, holding me tightly before he let me go to appear in front of me. I almost slipped over when my skates touched the rink, but Harry grabbed my arms to steady me. "I can steady myself, thank you."

"Is that right? How come you would've fallen over if I didn't grab you in that moment, blondie?"

"I was testing your reflexes," I admitted when really, I would've fallen over if he hadn't of grabbed me in that moment and I was glad that I wouldn't have a huge bruise, even if in a short amount of time I could end up with one anyway. He moved away from me skating in a circle to show off as he grinned at me like a child that had gotten cotton candy. He was genuinely happy that I agreed to come here with him.

I was hugging the side tightly, not wanting to let go since I knew as soon as I did, I was going to slip and fall on my ass. A few couples and schoolkids were skating past me with ease but I didn't care, I'd much rather save myself from the pain. Harry had skated around the rink at least twice by the time he stopped in front of me. "Blondie, you're not going to have much fun holding onto the side like that."

"Excuse me, Mr. Show Off, I feel safe grasping onto the side," I admitted truthfully. I felt a sense of security holding onto the railing like I was. All he did was laugh at me, skating away to circle the rink once more before he stopped and grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?" I yelled at him as he tore my grasp from the side. I started to breathe a bit more, scared that I was going to fall over.

He pulled me towards him, my arms hitting his chest. He grabbed my arms before he held them to steady me. "Blondie," he said which made me look him in the eyes, his beautiful emerald eyes that would make anyone weak at the knees. "Do you trust me?"

Did I trust him enough for him to lead me around the rink? Do I trust him enough to put my entire body on the line and not get any bruises? Do I trust him enough that I'm going to let him talk me into not holding onto the side and not enjoy my time? But most importantly, do I trust him in general? I cleared my throat, looking around us at the other people having fun. "I trust you," I whispered which made him smile widely.

I grabbed his wrists tightly, trusting him to keep me balanced. He was looking at me with a grin on his face as I scoffed playfully, a smile growing on my lips. He would skate backward a little, to help me get a feel for the rink. I was a little scared, to say the least, but I couldn't believe how advanced Harry is at this.

He doesn't look like one to ice skate.

I moved gently across the rink, holding onto Harry like my life depended on it. I stepped forward, almost slipping on the ice but he caught me, steadying myself. "Lucky I was here," he whispered, our eyes meeting each others. "You would've fallen flat on your ass."

"That would've been some good entertainment," I said whilst he let out a loud chuckle, earning a few looks from the few people passing us with going around in circles in the rink.

"It so would have been, I would pay to see that," I slapped him playfully on the chest to which he just smirked. I rolled my eyes at the smirk on his face but that soon dropped when he let go of me. He just shrugged, skating away from me and twirling around in circles.

I was panicking, I didn't want to fall over and make a complete and utter fool of myself, since the bitch behind the counter is probably watching us, waiting to mock me for falling over. He looked over at me with a big cocky smirk on his face, like he was waiting for me to yell out at him to help.

He wanted to feel like a hero.

I sort of steadied myself, wanting anything but to hold on to Harry for support. I wasn't good at this ice skating gig yet Harry was showing off his skills to everyone here, which made me giggle a little at how hard he's trying to impress some girls here. He looked over at the group of girls sitting down at the table outside of the rink and suddenly I had a wave of sickness overcome me.

He stopped by them and started to talk to them for a little while. I felt physically sick and I don't think it's because of what Harry's doing, I feel like I need to sit down. I started to move gently towards the edge of the rink, slowly not to fall over. After what felt like years, I made it over to the edge without a bruise which made me feel a little better.

I made it to a table where I sat down and started to take a few deep breaths. I felt almost like I was going to throw up my breakfast. I put my head in my hands as I tried to catch my breath. After a few minutes, I heard someone skate towards me before I felt someone wrap their arms around me, moving my head to their shoulder. I knew who it was straight away.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I heard him ask whilst he stroked my hair, trying to be helpful but I honestly don't know what was wrong with me. Did I panic that much? I didn't think I did, I was fine until the moment I knew I was going to fall. "You should've said you needed me."

I shook my head, not wanting to seem weak. I wanted his help – I felt like I needed it but I didn't want to admit it. I trust him, probably way too much but I wanted to feel independent in this, I want to learn so I can do it myself. Also, he might've thought I had done this because he went and talked to those girls, but it wasn't it at all.

"I'm fine," I whispered, which Harry just cuddled me tighter. He could smell his cologne on him and it was the most heavenly smell you could inhale. It wasn't my favourite one but I think this one is beginning to take the top spot. He started to stroke my hair again after stopping before. "I just felt like I was going to throw up before, but I'm fine. It might have been me overacting to falling over, I have no idea."

"Are you sure you're okay? We can leave now if you want, go and grab you something to drink."

I thought for a moment. I knew if I got back out there I might have fallen over, but I also don't want to leave if Harry doesn't want too. "Uh," I started, before looking around the rink; there weren't many people left now, they had left because it was nearing lunchtime. "We can stay for a bit longer. But you have to help me keep my balance."

Harry smiled widely, squeezing me in the hug he had kept me in to reassure me. He stood up and reached his hand out for me to grab which I did gracefully, helping me up. I started to slip but he grabbed me tightly, leading me to the entry of the rink. We waited for a couple of people to move past us before my skates touched the ice.

I wasn't so nervous now, I don't know if it was because Harry's got a tight grip on me or whether it's because there aren't many people on the rink anymore. He moved slowly towards the middle of the rink, making sure to have a tight grip on me, but not tight enough to hurt me. He was facing me instead of his back facing me and I liked that he was looking after me like this.

"Are you alright like this?" He whispered, whilst people just skated past us like we weren't there, which I was glad about. I didn't want to get into an argument with one of those people about us being in their way. I looked at him as he smiled, the way his eyes twinkled gently when the light would find its way to his eyes.

"More than alright," I replied only to see him nod in agreement. He held me tight, skating gently around the rink only to go a little faster, which caused me to giggle at our faster speed. I couldn't believe how gentle he was being with me and how he's being a gentleman and making sure I'm okay.

Will this Harry last?

After a few more minutes of spinning around, Harry grabbed me and pulled me close, standing still like his life depended on it. I could feel his hot minty breath on my face as I looked up at him, his emerald eyes staring down into my sea blue ones. I honestly didn't want this moment to end, I didn't want to move from this position. I think Harry was just about to kiss me when Violet interrupted us. "Have you guys done skating? I have a huge group coming and they booked out the entire rink for a birthday party."

Harry gave her a glare before he led me to the exit of the rink. All I did was giggle until we moved towards the actual exit while Violet was on the rink herself, clearing some rubbish that kids had thrown in there as a joke. I couldn't help myself when she slipped and landed on her ass. Harry had to drag me out of there when we had put our skates on the counter.

"Did you see that? My god, it was funny," I said when I had finally caught my breath back. Harry couldn't leave it in when we got outside, choking on his own breath when he burst into laughter too. "So you thought so too? Shit, it was bloody funny. It was almost like it was karma."

"Almost? It was karma, for being a bitch to you."

"You know what? You're right, she was a bitch and that's what she gets. I hope she gets a big bruise for that, it might teach her not to be sour," Harry nodded along with me before he grabbed my arm and pointed towards a takeout place that I had never heard of before. It had a cozy setting within the place, the Christmas lights surrounding most of the windows since Christmas is so close.

They had a Christmas tree up with presents under the tree, along with decorations covering it so it was decorated. The tables had a few Santa related items sitting on it along with a few Christmassy items hanging above us over the tables. Harry walked over to the counter and got us a table, close to the back so we wouldn't get interrupted very much. We got escorted towards our table, sitting down and pushing the seat closer to the table.

The waiter walked away smartly, leaving us to decide what to order from the menu. It was nearing one pm and my stomach was rumbling silently. I grabbed a menu, looking through it before deciding on a grilled cheese along with my usual latte order. I smiled at Harry when he had put down his menu. The waiter came back over and asked us what we wanted, to which we told him only for him to nod and leave.

"I really enjoyed today Harry, I never thought in a million years I would ever step foot on an ice rink, let alone not fall on my ass," I joked whilst he laughed a bit, the dimples showing after he had let out his cute little laugh. He sat there for a moment, staring at my face before he smiled. "What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked, whilst frantically looking into my bag for my pocket mirror.

Harry stopped me by touching my arm before he shook his head. "No, Blondie," he whispered. I stared at him, waiting for an answer from him but all he did was a grin. "There's nothing on your face but beauty."

"Jackass," I muttered which made him chuckle before I smiled at him. The smallest things he does to me really makes me smile. Christmas is so close and I still haven't gotten him anything for it which makes me a little uneasy. He's gotten probably everything he wants, so what do you get someone who has everything they could already get themselves?

I'm going to have to go and have a look.

Even if it takes longer than a day.

............................

hello my beautiful babies, here we are at over 66 thousand reads and it's officially Conflicting Attractions first birthday! I can't believe the support I've received in 2017 and the continuous support and love from you guys. I love every read, comment, and vote, it means the world to me that you've all came here and stayed with me whilst I'm still updating.

I love you all so much and I appreciate every single one of you.

with love and christmas decorations,

emma xoxoox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 1.4K 42
"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚" [Highest rankings] 1# in everywhere 1# in Oned...
7.9K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...
329K 9.5K 54
Lights was originally written in 2013 so here is a 2019 update. This edit will fix typos, plot holes, and give the story a mature flare. There is eve...
15.1K 1.6K 200
Lauren is a girl who left home at 18 and ran to the streets of England instead of going to college and meets someone she can't believe she met. When...