Brave // Harry Styles

By whatsup1D

She walked to the school, the cold wind whipping her hair around and making her pull her coat impossibly clos... More

Brave
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sorry!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15

30 0 0
By whatsup1D

"Everyday I pray, I thank God I got her. She's the moon to my shine, my whiskey in my water."

-Whiskey in My Water

Tyler Farr

Harry's POV

There are certain things in this world that you want more than anything. You want them to comfort you when you're sad, make you laugh when you need to laugh, and cry with you when you need to cry.

For me, that's Lacy. Lacy is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't want to be without her. She completes me, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

I picked up my cell phone off the table and dialed Lacy's number. I wanted to see her. She couldn't hang out yesterday, she had to study for some stupid test. I wasn't going to miss another day with her.

"Hello?" I heard her soft voice answer.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?"

"Nothing at all,"

I heard shuffling over the phone signaling she might be in her bed. Or getting out of bed. Or getting in her bed. Either way, I wanted to be there with her.

"Want to come over?" She asked lightly.

"Yeah," I breathed, "I'll be over in a minute."

She mumbled something then hung up the phone. I hopped into my truck and headed to the place I wanted to be at all the time. I was there in like, thirty seconds due to the fact she lives down my block.

I knocked on the door and prayed for someone to answer quick. It was cold out here, I was tempted to just walk on in. However, I knew that would be super rude, and even though I can be that sometimes, I didn't want to be that when it came to Lacy.

While thinking, Ms. Montgomery opened the door and allowed me to step in.

"Hello, Harry. How are you today?" She asked politely.

"I'm good, Ms. Montgomery. How are you?" I replied as dignified as I could. I wanted Lacy's mom to like me.

"I'm good, thank you. Call me Linda, by the way. Lacy is in her room," she smiled before walking off.

I walked up the stairs carefully, not wanting to be too loud. I lightly knocked on Lacy's door before I just walked on in.

She sat up in her bed. Her hair was wavy in some parts and straight in others while she was wearing a sweatshirt and athletic shorts.

"Hey," I greeted as I sat on the edge of her bed.

"Hi, Harry," she smiled and pecked me on the lips, to which I gladly returned.

"What have you been up to?" She asked me before collapsing back down on her bed. I followed her and layed down next to her.

"Just missing you," I teased, "what have you been up to?"

"Studying. I'm done though, I'll fail that test for all I care," she laughed and I eventually joined in.

"Hey, so I need to talk to you..." She said with a hint of hesitation in her voice.

I mentally panicked before nodding my head next to her signaling for her to continue. If she wants to see other people, or break up with me, or who knows what I have no idea what I'll do. I'll probably blubber like a little baby. She has became my rock, my place to land, and I don't want her to give up on me now.

"So, my mom and I are going to Hollywood, remember when I told you that?" She started.

I panicked thinking she wanted to break up because of the distance. Se is going to be gone for a month. This can't end good.

"Yes," I nodded slowly.

"Okay well she said I could bring someone, and I want to bring you, if you want to that is," she rubbed my arm.

"I would really love to, I'll have to ask my mom of course,"

She laughed and I started chuckling when I realized how immature that sounded.

"I mean, I'll probably go either way but I need to talk with her, you know?" I rephrased my answer.

"Yeah. I get it," she smiled sweetly at me.

We didn't move. We hardly talked. We just lied there and enjoyed eachothers company. That's all we needed.

Eachother.

Lacy's POV

Laying here with Harry was perfect. If you would have told me I would be laying here with him, dating him, I would have said absolutely not. I did not imagine this moment, but I would never change it.

"Harry?" I murmured softly before adjusting myself to sit in his lap.

He took a deep breath, as if he wasn't ready for the sudden movement. Just as I was about to get off, however, he pulled me back and I rested my head in his chest.

"Yes?" He asked gently.

"What do you want to do with your life?" I asked curiously.

"Well, uh..." he hesitated, "I have always wanted to pursue in the investigation department. I think a detective could be interesting."

I looked at him, obviously stunned by his answer. I never pegged him as a detective type of person, but I could honestly see him doing it now that I think about it. Thinking about him saving kids and adults everyday made my heart flutter.

"That's a good profession, Harry."

"Yeah, but no one thinks I can do it. Everyone thinks I get high and drink all night when in reality, I never do. I never do all that stuff," he laughed sarcastically and petted my hair on the top of my head.

"I think you can do it."

"Thanks, baby. What do you want to do after high school?" He quizzed.

"Honestly, I want to work with animals. Maybe a vet. I want to help them, so it seems logical," I shrugged.

"I agree. You'd be good..." He trailed off.

I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. I smiled back before slowly leaning forward and pressing our lips together. He responded immediately. His kisses were soft and delicate, which is how they usually are. Eventually, we both pulled back.

"I want a puppy," I pouted.

"That was random," Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, I know. But I really do. I want a tiny one," I laughed.

Harry nodded and I snuggled back up to his chest. The rest of the time he was here was great. He wanted to take me to an amusement park tomorrow. Even though we had school, he wanted to ditch. I had no idea what to do because my mom might not even let me go.

I walked down to the kitchen to see my mother and talk to her about this arrangement Harry had seem to have made.

"Hey mom, can I talk to you?" I asked before placing myself on a bar stool.

"Sure," she agreed.

She didn't look up from washing the dishes. She probably didn't think she would have to be all that serious due to the tone in my voice. She was correct. It wasn't serious, but it was because it consisted of a date with Harry.

"So, you know Harry. He wants to take me to the opening of the new theme park, Smooth Ride. That would require ditching school, but it's only once and I would get my homework," I persuaded.

"I don't know, Lacy. You know how I feel about school."

"Yeah, but I would get my work and it's only one day!" I reasoned.

She let out a long sigh, "what do Harry's parents think of this?"

I got silent after that. I didn't want to say she probably didn't know. That would make Harry look bad.

"Uh, he asked me didn't he? She must be okay with it."

I didn't lie, but I didn't necessarily tell the truth. It counts right? It's not like I would ever tell her the truth about that. That is between Harry and his mom anyway.

"Fine," she gave in.

"Yay! Thank you so mu-"

"But don't make me regret it. This is for one time and one time only," she cut me off sternly.

"Thank you, Mom."

I kissed her cheek sweetly before walking upstairs. I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth along with using the bathroom. Once I was done with that, I went to my bedroom and changed into comfortable shorts and a t-shirt.

I settled myself into bed and pulled out my phone before scrolling through my contacts to find Harry.

It rang and eventually he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I was just calling, I'm in bed." I chuckled before lying back and getting comfy.

"Oh are you? Did you ask your mom?" He wondered.

I decided to mess with him. I enjoy teasing him.

"She said no..." I muttered, sadly.

"Oh. Why? That's stupid. Now we have to go to school!" He was mad but calmed down by the time he got to the last word.

"I'm kidding, she said yes. But this is the only time," I imitated what my mom said into the phone speaker.

"Oh, thank God. I'm excited now!" He cheered happily.

"Me too! Well, I'm going to get some sleep. Night, baby." I said, surprising myself by calling him baby.

"That was hot...I like when you call me baby," he stated seriously.

All of a sudden I was happy we were talking over the phone and not in real life because it gave me a boost of bravery and he couldn't see my cheeks heat up in response to the things he would say.

"Oh, do you?" I replied.

"Yeah," he breathed out.

"Alrighty, baby," I emphasized the word baby before continuing, "I'm going to bed. Night!"

"Night, babe." He chuckled.

I laughed before hanging up the phone. I adjusted myself in bed before pulling the covers completely over me. I was super excited for tomorrow. It was going to be fun.

I was super tired, so I probably won't remember much of what I'm thinking now, but I do know I will remember falling asleep with the biggest smile on my face.

-------------------------------

Okay, uh first off- I know it was a pretty bad chapter and stuff but the next one will be their date and I am super excited to write it!

ANY READERS- PLEASE COMMENT WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE THE DATE CHAPTER IN HARRYS OR LACYS POV ;)

I love doing both so just vote :)

And second off- #ZouisPassMeThatBlunt .....

This is just a big ole mess. It's honestly cracking me up some of the edits being made... And stuff....lol

I'm disappointed in them smoking weed and stuff but I mean, it's a big deal but it's not. It's like their lives and stuff and I support them still and I am not leaving the fandom!

I still love Louis and Zayn the same...I'm just upset.

Okay, that's my opinion! Comment yours! Id like to know :)

Okay love you allllllll

Thanks for reading and PLEASE COMMENT!

In all honesty, it's nice if you vote and stuff but I don't care about making it to a top list! I want the people that discover the book to enjoy it and leave me feedback! I love good feedback!

Thanks :)

-ashley x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
105K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
64.5K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
234K 8.1K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...