Chapter 3

School is pointless. You hardly ever learn anything, and when you do, you have to learn something else and you just forget all the information you just leaned. It's a totally pointless process.

Pointless.

We were learning about equations that didn't even have numbers in them, just letters. What are they doing in math? Nothing good. Just creating a two part unsolvable problem.

Once my math tutoring before school was over, I swiftly got up and made my way to the door. Math was definitely not my best subject. Not at all. I made my way to my locker and put in the books I didn't need and replaced them with the books I did need. I heard a voice off in the distance call my name, so I turned my body and saw Chanel.

"Lacy, did you really buy Harry new shoes?" Chanel asked me.

"Yes - but only because I barfed on his old ones. I felt terrible!"

"He is an absolute jerk! A hot jerk, but you know what I mean," she blabbered.

"Look, it's done now. I bought them and it's over," I dismissed the subject and walked on to the first class of the day.

Science.

"Hi Lacy!" Mrs. Jenkins greeted as I walked in.

I flashed her a smile and waved over my shoulder and sat down in my seat in the middle.

"Hello Harry," I heard Mrs. Jenkins murmur so I looked up and saw Harry walking past me to his desk.

He didn't even respond to Mrs. Jenkins as he sat down behind me in his usual seat. I didn't bother to look at him because I didn't want any awkward confrontation. I also didn't want him to say anything to me. I don't think he will, I think he learned his lesson last time.

"You know, just because you bought me shoes or whatever doesn't mean we are friends," he whispered in my ear.

"I didn't think we were. Please, just stop talking to me," I practically begged.

"Awh, little miss perfect isn't up for a good argument today? What? Were they out of knee socks at the store?" He teased.

"No actually. You didn't see them? They were in the clearance aisle...I figured that's where you probably were the whole time since you're worth nothing," I spat back.

I don't know where that bravery came from, or what I was thinking when I said that so quickly, but I liked it. I actually felt dominant and I can tell he was surprised when I actually argued back. I usually would have whimpered and sunk down back in my seat as he continued to taunt and tamper with me.

"Oh Lacy, sweet...naive Lacy. I think you will come to know I am worth a lot more than I stand out for," he rubbed my shoulder with the palm of his hand and leaned back in his chair, signaling the argument was over. I honestly think I won this time. Better not get used to it, doesn't really happen often.

Class was over quicker than it started. I got up from my seat and watched the people in front of me walk. I looked down, and I saw something that caught my eye.

Harry wasn't wearing the shoes I bought him...he was wearing white converse.

_______________________

I got home from school and got a bottle of Sunny D from my fridge. My mother and father weren't home, so I had the whole house to myself. I went to the couch and turned on some TV. A news story about a town a couple hours away came on and apparently someone was murdered.

After hearing the story, I turned the channel to watch Zoey 101, my favorite show. I love the show. Zoey and Chase are definitely one of the cutest couples I have ever seen and I want a relationship like that. Sadly, I know if will probably never get a relationship like that, not with any of the boys in my school anyway. All the boys in my school are stuck-up, obnoxious jerks...like Harry.