Chapter 12

Lacy's POV

It's freezing.

I am not getting in the water. My dress is not enough to keep me warm and I am not going to risk getting hypothermia or something.

I am a hypochondriac.

"Harry, I'm not getting in," I told him sternly.

"Okay," he chuckled.

He still had that nasty chew in. I could tell it was nasty by the smell. I didn't like it, but it was better than him smoking or doing drugs. With cigarettes, he could affect me and the people around him. However, with chew, it's his mouth and his mouth only he is affecting. I wasn't going to tell him how to live his life just like he better not tell me how to live mine.

"We're here," he snapped me out of my thoughts and I pulled the lever on his truck to get out.

He walked before me kicking away rocks that were in his way. They were tiny pebbles, so I guess he just did it out of habit.

I pulled out the jacket I found in the back of Harry's truck. I sat it down on the ground as flat as I could and I was happy to see it was big enough for both Harry and I to sit on.

"This was my old friends. He was a bigger guy," Harry explained.

"Nice. What happened to him? Is he still your friend?" I asked cautiously. I didn't wanna set him off.

"He uh, overdosed on drugs," he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly as I layed my hand down on his shoulder.

He tensed up at the sudden touch but quickly recovered and put his hand on top of mine.

"It's okay," he shrugged, "let's swim!"

"Um," I hesitated.

He pulled me up with both of his hands and I stepped away from his hold.

"Harry! No!" I exclaimed, trying to get my point across.

"Just a quick swim! Please Lacy," he begged.

I eventually gave in and kicked off my shoes. I held up my hair in signal for him to unzip my dress and he did. I held it up with my hands and told him to turn around. He didn't at first, but he eventually obliged.

"Hurry," Harry groaned.

"Okay, let me get in. Then you can look," I laughed and ran to the water.

"What? No," Harry, being his stubborn self, turned around before I had the chance to get in.

I groaned but let it go. I dipped my toe in the water before even attempting to get in. I really didn't want to.

"Nope, bye," I said as I tried to walk away.

Harry laughed and grabbed my waist before basically throwing me into the water. He didn't throw me simply because he didn't even let go. I was just in my underwear and bra so it was awkward for me to be latched around him. My arms were around his neck and my legs were wrapped around his waist as I squirmed from the coldness.

"It's not even that cold," he tilts his head back in laughter and I smiled at then beautiful view.

"It's freezing, Harry," I retaliated.

He tilts his head again, to the side this time, with a smirk wiped on his face. He was making fun of me in his head, I knew he was. It was pretty obvious.

"So, what would you do if..."

He let go of my legs and let me fall about two centimeters before catching me again. I re-gained my posture before clutching onto him again, tighter this time.