Chapter 15

"Everyday I pray, I thank God I got her. She's the moon to my shine, my whiskey in my water."

-Whiskey in My Water

Tyler Farr

Harry's POV

There are certain things in this world that you want more than anything. You want them to comfort you when you're sad, make you laugh when you need to laugh, and cry with you when you need to cry.

For me, that's Lacy. Lacy is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't want to be without her. She completes me, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

I picked up my cell phone off the table and dialed Lacy's number. I wanted to see her. She couldn't hang out yesterday, she had to study for some stupid test. I wasn't going to miss another day with her.

"Hello?" I heard her soft voice answer.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?"

"Nothing at all,"

I heard shuffling over the phone signaling she might be in her bed. Or getting out of bed. Or getting in her bed. Either way, I wanted to be there with her.

"Want to come over?" She asked lightly.

"Yeah," I breathed, "I'll be over in a minute."

She mumbled something then hung up the phone. I hopped into my truck and headed to the place I wanted to be at all the time. I was there in like, thirty seconds due to the fact she lives down my block.

I knocked on the door and prayed for someone to answer quick. It was cold out here, I was tempted to just walk on in. However, I knew that would be super rude, and even though I can be that sometimes, I didn't want to be that when it came to Lacy.

While thinking, Ms. Montgomery opened the door and allowed me to step in.

"Hello, Harry. How are you today?" She asked politely.

"I'm good, Ms. Montgomery. How are you?" I replied as dignified as I could. I wanted Lacy's mom to like me.

"I'm good, thank you. Call me Linda, by the way. Lacy is in her room," she smiled before walking off.

I walked up the stairs carefully, not wanting to be too loud. I lightly knocked on Lacy's door before I just walked on in.

She sat up in her bed. Her hair was wavy in some parts and straight in others while she was wearing a sweatshirt and athletic shorts.

"Hey," I greeted as I sat on the edge of her bed.

"Hi, Harry," she smiled and pecked me on the lips, to which I gladly returned.

"What have you been up to?" She asked me before collapsing back down on her bed. I followed her and layed down next to her.

"Just missing you," I teased, "what have you been up to?"

"Studying. I'm done though, I'll fail that test for all I care," she laughed and I eventually joined in.

"Hey, so I need to talk to you..." She said with a hint of hesitation in her voice.

I mentally panicked before nodding my head next to her signaling for her to continue. If she wants to see other people, or break up with me, or who knows what I have no idea what I'll do. I'll probably blubber like a little baby. She has became my rock, my place to land, and I don't want her to give up on me now.

"So, my mom and I are going to Hollywood, remember when I told you that?" She started.

I panicked thinking she wanted to break up because of the distance. Se is going to be gone for a month. This can't end good.