Chapter 6

"I'm sorry,"

I turned around as sure enough, it was him. He was staring at me with true sincereness in his green eyes, and I could tell he was having trouble saying this, which means he must of thought about it in some way.

"Uh, it's okay," I answered awkwardly, not entirely knowing what to say.

"Okay, well if you want to talk or anything, uh, let me know and yeah..." He trailed off and I nodded awkwardly and turned back around in my seat.

That was weird.

That was terribly weird.

Once Mrs. Jenkins was done presenting what to do, we got going on our small assignment. However, I didn't do it. I simply doodled and I somehow found myself doodling Harry's name.

I have no absolute idea why, but I quickly threw the paper away in risk of someone seeing it. That would be rather bad, and not to mention embarrassing.

I am glad Harry was so nice. He usually isn't, but I guess he might be coming around to me. Who knows, maybe he is opening up to me. The real world.

His life is like a book. You can flip through the chapters and simply find out it's been through a lot, but you can't just read the back of the book. You can't read the prologue and understand what everything means, or what's gonna happen. You have to thoroughly read each chapter and maybe even make a few markings of the important points to fully understand. And maybe that is the problem. No one takes the time to make the markings, or to re-read each chapter. They skim through it or read the back and decide they know it all. He is a judged character. He was a book I was going to finish even if it was the last thing I did.

The bell rang to snap me out of the daydream I was in and I quickly picked up my books and walked out the door quickly. I didn't even like this place. I wanted to leave more than anything. But I couldn't. I had to be strong.

I went to writing and she assigned us to write about an interesting topic you want to learn more about. We will be writing about this person or thing every week so she said to pick something good. I decided I could keep my Harry notes and stats in this folder since no one read it. I got out my notebook and began writing down whatever came to mind.

He was a beautiful mystery I had yet to uncover. He had brown dazzling curls yet they were not full curls, he had heart stopping green eyes that could make you melt into a puddle right at your feet, he had a time changing personality that could make you swoon at one moment and throw up at the next. I know he is something more than what he stands out for. Under his façade, there is a screaming spirit banging to get out. There is a demon inside, for something he shows daily when an angel is simply tearing up the devils wings to pry out to his heart. He will show the side one day, whether his heart has to jog a prairie and a half to get there, he will be strong. He will come out. He will.

I left it at that and decided this was all too clichè. It was something odd to write about, but it was an assignment and I was never turning it in. I don't know if I'm going to continue, but it was fun while it lasted. It cleared my head and made my heart tug at the same time. It was a crazy effect he had over me, but I don't like him yet. I don't love him. I don't want anything to do with him if he acts like he did yesterday or the days before. If he acts like he did today, we are traveling down a good road. A road I would definitely continue my path down.

I walked out to my locker when the bell rang and headed out to my car. I noticed Harry was in the truck next to my car and I looked at him. He was already staring at me. He let a small smile fall on his lips and then he turned his body around in his seat to back out. Once he was gone, I let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding in.