Chapter 14

Being without Harry sucks.

I'm not one of those girls that's going to call him every five minutes and beg him to come home due to my boredom. As much as that sounded tempting, I knew I needed to give him some space.

Besides, I can't doubt that he doesn't have a personal life with friends and stuff. I mean, I am apart of that life now too as his girlfriend, but I can guarantee he has others he probably wants to see too and I am actually perfectly okay with that.

I hardly have any friends except Chanel, sadly, so I can't really do anything tonight. I would invite her over, but I'm tired and I think I'm just going to go to bed early anyway.

_________________________

Harry's POV

"No, I want that one,"

I pointed to a silver heart necklace in the glass case before I got out my wallet to pay for the beautiful piece of jewelry that Lacy would soon wear around her neck.

"Okay sir, that will be $124.99,"

I gave him a certain credit card and he swiped it. I didn't pay attention when I signed my name because I didn't really care. I just wanted to get out of here. Jewelry stores creep me out and make me all sappy, someone I do not want to be.

"Okay, thank you sir. Is this for a special lady in your life?" He questioned nosily.

I decided to mess with him a little bit, "No actually, it's for a special mother. Yeah, she has my heart. I like to bake cookies with her on Sundays and all that good stuff."

I knew it wasn't a big deal to be buying for a mother, but it goes against my whole appearance. You could see me and instantly know I am not the type to bake cookies any day of the week with any person, no exceptions.

Except maybe, just maybe, Lacy.

I shook my head and smiled at the thought of her baking cookies.

"Well, uh- you have fun m-making your cookies," he stuttered out, obviously appaled but trying not to show it.

I laughed at him then walked out of the store and to my next destination.

Lacy's house.

I thought I might as well surprise her. It could be a nice gesture for the relationship to show her I'm not messing around, and I just want to see her.

The drive to her house was about fifteen minutes long, but it wasn't bad with the music drowning out the silence and making the time go faster. I put a chew in before getting out and walking to Lacy's door.

I knocked and she opened the door, looking surprised.

She was wearing sweatpants that said "Montgomery" on the side and a school spirit shirt. Her hair was up in a high messy bun and she didn't have any make up on. She looked absolutely adorable.

"Harry! I thought you were busy tonight! I missed you and I wanted to call but I didn't wanna be the annoying girlfriend so I decided against it-"

"Lacy, calm down. You can call me whenever...you will never be annoying to me. I want to hear from you," I laughed and calmed her.

"Thank you," she hugged me before inviting me in and going to sit on the couch.

"Do you have an empty bottle?" I asked, looking around.

"In the cabinet, there is a plastic sack with cans in them?" she offered.

"Okay, that'll work," I accepted her offer before getting up and walking in the kitchen.