Chapter 9

"I promise you! I didn't mean to at all!" Chanel laughed as she told me about how she accidentally hit a guys butt at the mall.

"I think you meant to, but it's okay. Was he cute?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I guess," she admitted.

I could see the blush in her cheeks when she talked about him. He must have been really cute for Chanel to blush. She is rather picky sometimes.

"Okay, so I'm going to go home...I'm tired," I said as slipped on my jacket.

"Okay, talk to you later Lacy,"

I smiled then walked out the door. I saw it was basically dark so I decided to just drive by a McDonalds to get me some food. Once I was done with that, I headed home. It was super nice out, and I honestly didn't want to go inside.

Out of instict, I dialed Harry's number.

I don't know why, but I just left Chanel's and Harry is really the only "friend" I have left that I can actually stand to hang out with. It's weird to think Harry is my friend.

"Hello?" His deep voice answered.

"Hi, do you want to come over? I was thinking we could have a bonfire,"

"Lacy? Are you inviting me over to your house?" He teased.

"Uhm, yeah. It's okay if you don't want to," I said quickly.

"Yeah, I will. S'mores sounds pretty good right now,"

"Well go by the store and get some chocolate please. I only have graham crackers and marshmallows," I laughed.

"Okay, will do,"

"Okay, bye Harry,"

"Bye,"

I hung up the phone and went to retrieve the wood for the fire. We had a pit in the backyard and we never really used it. There were chips in the blocks surrounding the deep homemade hole. My mom isn't home tonight, sadly. It's just me.

I still haven't decided if I wanted to invite Chanel to Hollywood or not. I wanted her to go, but I don't know. I kind of want to invite Harry. I never thought about it, and I don't know how my mom would feel about it, but I think he would be entertaining enough. I don't think he would be able to keep a good attitude. He is super bipolar, and I don't want him going psycho on me during the trip and having to stay in California.

Before I can process anything, a car door breaks me out of my thoughts.

"I was gonna walk here, but I was not walking to the store," he laughed.

"Okay, okay. I understand," I agreed.

"I am going to go get some more wood, I'll be right back," I announced.

I walked off back to the front yard. We had a cellar type room where we stored our wood. My dad kept it there, and I guess we never moved it. He only put it in there whenever there was a really bad storm warning; he wanted to keep it safe.

I put some in the wheelbarrow and started wheeling back to Harry.

"Hey, I got it," I greeted.

"Here, I brought some lighter fluid,"

I gave him a look of confusion because we never used that on our fire. My dad just put the lighter onto a big box and watched the flames ignite. It would soon light the wood and other papers in it.

"Huh?"

"It helps the fire start and go all crazy and stuff," he explained.

"Oh, so it's for the underachievers who don't want to work to get their fire going?" I teased.