Old Best Friend, New Fame

By Skymmac

Emma and Austin have been friends since they were little. After Austin leaves for tour by being discovered on... More

Old Best Friend: New Fame
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
SORRY!!!
Chapter 10
Ew.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

62 2 0
By Skymmac

Chapter 8

I wake up. I look around. The smell of smoke lingers. There's a hankerchief covering my mouth. I look down. My ankles are tighed together. I pull my arms and moan, they're behind my back, and I'm on a chair. I have a headace. There are broken lights, it's a dim room, with ripped wall paper, an ash tray in the corner and cigarates around.

A thought comes to mind. I'm going to die. I then realize there is a figure standing down the hallway. Shivers run up my spine. It comes closer. "Little Emma," It says and comes closer until Jermey is infront of me, he removes the hankerchief from my mouth. I don't say anything. "That's rude. Shouldn't you greet me?"

"Well it's also rude to kidnap someone." I say. His hand strikes my cheek. I screech. "And to slap them" I go on. He slaps me again. It stings but this time I don't show it did.

"You're a stubbern one, aren't you?" He says.

"I am when I want to." I say.

"Then you better stop." He says.

"I said when I want to, not when you want to." He slaps me again.

"Then I'll have to make you." He says.

"I highly doubt you will sucseed." I say. He clenches his fist, then slaps me. My cheeks burn, these aren't just little slaps, he's bringing his arm all the way back and swinging at me. I breath in deeply. He goes closer to me and puts his hand on my cheek.

"Little Emma," His breath reeks of smoke. I turn away.

"I'm not little anymore." I say. He pinches my cheeks.

"In my view you are. You a sad, little girl. Hopeless, you act like you can do so much, but really you're scared. You can't do anything." He says, still close to me face and the smoke smell is not fading.

"Really? Because that's my view of you." I say and hit my forhead against his and lifting both my legs and kick him. He groans. Then he punches my jaw. I tightly close my eyes, shoving the tears back in. He slaps me. I breath in.

"I'm going to sleep." He announces and leaves. I hang my head down, but then the pain hurts worst. You have to get out of here. I think to myself. I look around then down at myself, I turn my head slightly. Okay, I'm not tied to the chair, which makes it eaiser. I lean foward bring my arms up, and stand. I'm still tied from my ankles and my wrists. I hop around. I find a kitchen and see a kinfe.

Alright Emma, don't screw up. I think and hop to the knife and slowly bring the knife back and forth behind me. Something loosens, I smile and put down the knife. I bring my hands infront of me and unwrap the rest of it. I lean down and untie my ankles. I sigh of relife. Phone. I think next. I see a phone in the kitchen. I grab it and dial 9-1-1

"911 What's your emergency?" A girl's voice asks. I tell her that I was kidnapped. "Okay, do you know where you are?"

"No," I say.

"Alright, that's not a problem I'll just locate where that phone is. Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm fine. The man swung at me afew times though."

"Do you need paramedics?" She asks.

"No, I think I'm fine."

"Alright sweety. They're on their way. They should be there soon."

"Okay thank you. Bye." I say. I think I should call mom. I dial her number.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Mom, I'm at Austin's dad's house. He kidnapped me."

"Emma! Whe-"

"Shh. He's sleeping and I escaped, sorta. I called the police." I say

"Okay," She lowers her voice through the phone. "Where is the house."

"I don't know." I admit. She sighs.

"You called the police, right?"

"Yes" I say. There's a silence.

"Be careful." She says finally.

"Yeah," I say "Bye." I say

"I love you, bye." She says

"Love you too." I say back and hang up. I call Austin next.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey, I'm at Jermey's house, he kinda.. Kidnapped me." I say.

"WHAT?!"

"Shh! He's sleeping. I'm supposed to be tied from my ankles and wrists and on a chair."

"Sorry," He says. "Dammit, dammit, dammit!" He mummbles.

"Austin." I say.

"Did he hurt you." He asks. I stay silent. "Did he?!" He asks again.

"A little." I say.

"Em.. I'm coming." He says.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes the latest." He says.

"Don't speed." I say.

"Kinda am." He says.

"Um no you're not, you're gonna kill yourself." I say

"And he's gonna kill you. At least mine is by choice." He says. A shiver runs up my spine.

"Ugh!" I moan giving up.

"I'm driving now, bye." He says.

"Bye."

I stand there anxiously. Waiting for the police, or Austin.

I hear sirens. Then a pounding at the door. Jermey comes out, and sees me.

"What the hell did you do?!" He asks. I don't say anything. He slaps my cheek, punches my jaw, until I drop. He then starts kicking me repeatedly. I gasp for air. "Stay and shut up." He says.

He leaves me motionless on the ground. He goes to the front door. There is muffled talks. I hear a familiar voice talk too. I just can't quite make out what they're saying. "No. You have no right to enter my house." A man's voice says

"You have a warent, they do have the right to enter you're house." The familiar voice says. Austin.

"He's right he has a warent." An unfamiliar voice says. "Search the house!" I try to yell help but while Jermey was kicking me he kicked my throat and I fail to speak.

Awhile has pasted. I still feel motionless on the floor, struggling to get up. My voice trying to call for help. "I told you, no one's here." Jermey's voice says.

"What about in there." The unfamiliar voice says. Footsteps.

"You're wasting you're time, fella's there's no one here." Jermey's voice says.

"Move." Austin's voice growls.

"Should he even be allowd here. He's not a police officer."

"I'll allow it. Step out of the way, sir."

"Em!" Austin's voice says. Fast footsteps. Something touches my cheek, a hand. I wince. "Sorry, I'm gonna get you up, okay?" Austin says. He lifts me off the ground onto his lap. I moan at the pain. "I know babe, I know. It hurts, just hang in there." He says soothingly. He lifts me bridal style in his arms. I gasp. "Sorry, sorry." He says. That's the last thing before I dose off.

"Thank you, Austin. Take her home safe alright?"

"Yeah." Austin's still holding me bridal style in his arms.

"Austin," I say weakly. He looks at me.

"Hey babe. What's up?" He asks

"I wanna go home." I say, tears filling my eyes.

"I know. I'm gonna take you home, okay?"

"Okay." I say and snuggle into his chest, with some parts hurting.

He carry's me to his car. He places me in the back laying down. He closes the door, he's still in the back with me.

"Em," He breaths out. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything." I say, leaning slightly up looking at him.

"But if you didn't know me this wouldn't have happened, you wouldn't be hurt. You'd be happy." He says.

"Are you serious." I say very angry.

"What?" He asks.

"I wouldn't frikkin' be happy. I need you." I say.

"But," He runs his fingers through his hair. "I can't, you're in pain. Me, I, it causes you more pain. I wish I could just, block everything that hurts you and not let it get to you." He says.

"Austin, I don't know. This is the real world. You can't get rid of all the evil. You just have to push through." He looks at me. He chuckles.

"You're such a fighter." He says.

"Huh?" I ask

"Jermey said everything. When you were talking back and you hit him with your head and tied together legs." I laugh. "I dunno, I think you are kinda crazy." He says.

"Hey! I thought I was gonna die, I didn't care if I went crazy on him." I say he laughs.

"Let's get you home." He says and plants a soft kiss on my brused cheek.

"Babe, wake up. We're home." I'm awake. I try to open my eyes, they don't open. "Babe, c'mon. We're here." I try to open my eyes but I cannot. I feel cold. Austin shakes me lightly. "Em, wake up." He pauses and takes my hand. "Emma. Wake up." He says firmly. "Joan! Mom!" Austin's voice screams. His voice fades as he calls them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 40 12
Emma is Bestfriend with count Dracula they haven't seen each other since Martha died Now Emma comes back after 1800 years I don't not own any of the...
154 12 13
Emma is an average student. She gets good grades and is in a few clubs. She has her life planned out for the future. After high school she'll go to c...
223 4 21
Emma has missed her best friend Sarah ever since she moved to california, now since Sarah came for a surprise will she go with Sarah back to califo...
361 26 8
This story is brother's best friend Niall. Your brother, Harry, and Niall have been best friends since middle school. They are inseparable and love d...