Chapter 14

Finally, I get to leave the hospital. My mom brought me a sweatshirt and black leggings to wear. I look in the hospital bathroom mirror. I look like a ghost. My face pale, lips a light pink, my blue eyes have faded into a grayish-blue shade. My hair down, stringy and flat. Lifeless. I then grab the bear Austin got for me, it drapes by my side as I hold the hand of the bear. Then I grab the book I've been reading off of the night stand, 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green.

I walk out and see my mom signing some things. I sit in one of the chairs. I flip to the page I was on and begin to read.

There is a murmur from across of me, although, I ignore it.

More into the book finally feeling at ease I'm interrupted.

"Excuse me?" A girls voice asks. I look up.

"Hello?" I say, slightly confused.

"Sorry to disturb you, but you seem oddly familiar, by any chance do you know Austin Mahone?" The girl asks. She looks about 15.

"Hm? Yeah." I say.

"Are you Emma?" She asks.

"Yes." I say still confused.

Okay, videos Austin, she's probably a fan and has seen the videos.. And the news maybe.

"Oh my god that's so cool! I'm such a big fan of Austin!" She says. A boy walks over.

"Who's she?" The blonde boy asks.

"This is Emma, the girl always hanging out with Austin Mahone." She says.

"Umm?" The boy hms in confusion.

"I only always talk about it." The girl says rolling her eyes.

"If you haven't noticed I rarely pay attiention." He says.

The girl focuses on me again.

"Anyway, can I take a selfie with you?" She asks.

"Sure." I say, even though I look like crap.

"Cool!" She says, she sits next to me and pulls out her iPhone 5s. I smile as she snaps the picture.

"Great thanks!" She says.

"No problem." I say and smile at her.

"You have a really nice smile." The boy says.

"Oh," I say and blush. "Thank you." I say. The girl hits the boys arm.

"She has Austin!" She says.

"I was just saying she has a nice smile." He says in defence.

I giggle, "It's fine," I say "I didn't get your names." I say.

"Im Isabelle, and this is my older brother Chase." She says.

"So why were you here?" I ask.

"Our dad has cancer, we came to visit." Isabelle says.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"He's strong though." Isabelle continues, smiling. "He'll get through it." I smile. "What about you? Why are you here?" She asks.

"I had a little incident." I say.

"Like a car crash?" She asks.

"No, not quite. I just, lost some of my memory." I say, not knowing if the actual information of the incident should be discusted with them.

Chase elbows his sister and gives her a look.

"What?!" She whisper shouts. He whispers something to her that I can't catch.