Grace(GirlxGirl)

By Cruz0814

Parker, a senior in high school, has just moved back to California after her dad passed away. She is excited... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOTICE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

8.5K 234 80
By Cruz0814

"Are you doing your homework?" A voice appeared behind me on the couch, bringing me back from my history reading and reminding me that I wasn't alone or at home.

"Ye-" I stuttered, "just a little history reading y'know"

Grace kinked an eyebrow, "I know you better than you think, Parker, you don't take history this year"

Shit.

"I'm still sad about that, who knew Glen Ville would have so little history courses to pick from?! I already took all of them before senior year." I complained, trying to change the focus away from the fact that I, in fact, was not doing homework.

"Yes, I know, sucks to be you, princess," Grace rolled her eyes, "McKenzie says you have math homework"

"That son of a-poodle" I stopped myself when Grace threatened to pinch me, "You see, Grace, math homework has always been option in that class, plus, tomorrow is Sunday"

"Yes, but I also know your math grade is an A- and you just need that extra credit to stay in the A range."

"Jesus, Grace," I said in annoyance as I closed my history reading and reached for my math book.

"That's better, now get it done so we can go to sleep," She said.

"W-we..?" I said. I could hear my heartbeat, was I going to share a bed with Grace?

"Yeah, I'm not sleeping until you're done," She said, "Oh and I put your stuff in my mom's room already"

I didn't know whether to feel relieved or sad that I wasn't sharing a room with Grace, "Oh, right, thanks"

I woke up in a car, which is definitely not where I slept. Someone, dad, was talking to me as he drove down the road at full speed.

"So, Kara, I'm gonna need you to grow up a little, alright," Dad said.

"James, come on, give Kara a break" Mom lightly slapped dad's shoulder.

This was the last conversation dad and I had before we went to the mall.

"Dad," I said, "Dad I don't want to go to the mall anymore"

"Kara, all I'm saying is you're going to be a senior soon and I'll support whatever you choose, but you need to start considering your colleges"

I was ignored.

"Dad!" I tried again, this time shouting, "I don't want to go to the mall anymore, let's go home!"

"She already knows where she wants to go, James" Mom said, it was as if I wasn't even there.

"Guys," I shouted, as the red truck approached us, "Guys! Come on we have to go back home!"

"Wanting to get out of here and wanting to go to NYU is two different thing" My dad continued to drive like the red truck was just part of my imagination.

"No!!!!!" I couldn't do a thing.

It was all dark.

"Parker" I heard a calming voice, "Kara Parker"

I opened my eyes, still shaking, "Grace?"

She looked at me with concern, "You're okay, I'm right here"

"I-" I said, "I couldn't save him"

"Hey, there was nothing you could've done, okay?" Grace held me, "Now, go back to sleep, I'll be here with you"

She planted a kiss on my forehead to calm me down, and it worked, I could feel the breathing and heartbeat slow down. I held on to her tightly as I slowly fell into deep sleep.

A week has flown by and Susan hasn't said anything other than "stay with Grace until I call". I have stayed with Grace, for the past week, but my mom never once left my mind.

"What are you thinking?" Grace said.

"Uh, you know," I looked down at the sheet she was scribbling on, "Biology"

"Wow" Grace chuckled, "Such a good liar, nearly fooled me there."

Knock.

Grace and I both shot up. It was the counselor, my counselor; Mr.Jarden.

"Hi Grace," Grace nodded, "Kara, quick word please?"

I raised an eyebrow, "sure..."

I followed him outside and noticed he was holding an envelope, "NYU is giving you an offer, I know you applied there already, but I think they want you to play soccer there, too."

Shit. I've forgotten about NYU the past few days.

I took the envelope and prepared to open it so that I could check the results. I didn't know what I want to happen. It was my dream to get into NYU History, but if I get in I would have to leave California, leave Grace.

"Dear Kara Syden Parker" I mumbled as I the letter, ".....You have been accepted..."

I looked up at Mr.Jarden, his face lit up, "Congratulations, Kara"

"Thank you, Mr.Jarden"

I paced outside Grace's room for at least five minutes before I decided to hide the acceptance letter in my locker downstairs. This wasn't something I wanted to confront just yet.

"Hey" Grace arched her eyebrows.

"Hey"

"So....why did Mr.Jarden want to talk?" as I predicted, Grace asked.

"uh, well, he wanted to check with me about Bells," I lied.

"How is she?" She asked.

"I think Quinn and her are dating...but I'm not sure"

"Wow, that's-that's cool" She said, "We should probably go home now"

We packed up and went to her car. Grace never played music on her car, but today she did. It seemed like she was really happy today, I mean, asking about Bells and putting on music. I had no clue what the reason was, though.

Grace took a different turn than usual at the stop, this was the way to my house "G-Grace, this isn't th-"

"I know," She said, "We're going to your house"

A wave of emotions hit me. I was confused, and then happy, "wait, does this mean, my mom-"

"Talk about the power of love" Grace smiled, "I'm happy for you, Parker"

I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. I was more than thankful for Grace, too. I would've been so lost without her, with everything that has happened.

"Oh and one more thing," Grace said before we pulled up, "I'm gonna be the assistant soccer coach"

I let out a laugh, "Grace, you barely know how to kick a ball"

She kinked an eyebrow and pinched my shoulders, but only lightly, because Grace doesn't have the heart to hurt me.

"Watch it or I'll fail you in biology and make you run extra laps for soccer" She threatened, and all of a sudden I realised the power she had over me now.

"Wow I am so scared" I mocked.

She didn't reply, because we were at my door now.

"You ready?" She turned and asked me before we opened the door.

"Yeah" I smiled, "Wait, Grace."

She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow, almost like she's asking what's wrong through body language.

"Let's not tell my mom about-uh-" I struggled to find a phrase or word to describe or relationship, but it was just starting and I didn't want unnecessary attention to ruin it.

"I know" She gave an understanding smile.

-

There it is, sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

Winter break is coming up so soon, I will have more time to write and want to write more now that I've taken a break, yay!

Happy December everyone. 

ps. I don't know the specifics of college sports offers and applying so this is probably all wrong, bear with me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.7K 24
When 17 year old Hayley Swift starts to fall for her science teacher Robin (Ms Jones) she starts to become worried. She has never felt this way befor...
47.2K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
199K 5.5K 15
Ashton was a freshman while Emily was a senior and the most popular girl in school. One day Ashton helps Emily and one thing leads another. They st...
79.4K 2.1K 24
Phoebe Anderson moves to a new town. New school. New house. She is a trouble teen with a t trumatic past. Eliza Peters is Phoebe's new teacher. Even...