We Are Family (Camren & Normi...

By I_just_ship_people

The year is 2033 and we shall follow the Married lives of Camren and Norminah*please give it a shot* Credit t... More

Not My Story!!
Part 1: Family
Part 2 : Playboys
Part 3 : Flashback
Part 4: Feelings
Part 5 : Bedtime
Part 6: Gathering's
Part 7: Strap-On
Part 8: No Catching Feelings
Part 9: Dates
Part 10
Part 11 : Ice Cream
Part 12: Boob Job
Part 13
Part 14: Fancy Dress Party
Part 15
Part 16: Drunken Punishments
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22 - A bite from the Past
Part 23: Tension
Part 24:
Part 25 : "I'm sorry.."
Part 26
Part 27: Decisions and Clubs
Part 28
Part 30: Familiar Faces
Part 31: 'But You're in love with HER..'
Part 32: "I Choose you.."
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36: Officer Cabello
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39: Quarrels
Part 40: Shit just got real
Part 41: Disasters
Part 42 : Lovefool
Part 43: Busted
Part 44: First time
Part 45: Happy Anniversary
Part 46: Sneeky Teens
Part 47: Delivery
Part 48: We Are Family❤
SEQUEL!!!

Part 29

7.1K 217 191
By I_just_ship_people

~~~ Dancing Queens ~~~

It was the night of Charlie and Ben's dancing recital. The tiny Jauregui had her solo performance and several other dances along with Ben. This was Ben's first show and he was super nervous. Obviously because he was a boy he had to be in a different changing room from the girls which he understood but he hated it because he was the only boy so he couldn't talk to anyone before the show and he wanted to talk to Charlie because he knew she would be able to help him get over his nerves. He was a little surprised to see Toby standing by his dressing room door 20 minutes before curtain call though.

"Hey man how ya feeling?" Toby asked as he took a seat on the small couch.

"I'm good…fine…good." He nodded, clearly not any of those things.

"Sure about that buddy?" He smirked.

"Yep." He replied with a small uncertain smile.

"You'll do fine don't worry about it and if you get nervous just picture the audience in their underwear." Toby suggested.

Ben nodded then looked horrified.

"My moms are in the audience! I don't want to picture them in their underwear! Or Rosie!" He replied.

Toby just laughed.

"That is a good point…ok just picture everyone else in their underwear."

"Even the boys?" He asked a little unsure.

"Hmm…probably not…but then if you picture just the girls that might get too distracting." Toby mused.

"How about I just don't picture anyone in their underwear?"

Toby just nodded in agreement.

"Probably a wise decision." He then added.

As we have noticed throughout Charlie is a mini-Camila in looks and in talent and their personalities…so it should surprise no one that Charlie was also like her Mama when it comes to being a complete diva. Her parents had noticed she has had fewer diva moments since she and Ben have been performing together, they had come to the conclusion that Ben mellowed Charlie out a bit while Charlie brought Ben out of his shell. They were totally different but that's why their friendship worked. But because Ben had to be in the boys changing room and Charlie had to share with the girls this means Ben wasn't there to calm Charlie down.

She was currently freaking out about her hair not being perfect and that there aren't enough water bottles in her dressing room and Camila was having a hard time trying to calm her daughter down. Now you would think that Camila would have no problem dealing with her diva tantrums because she has had so many of her own. But therein lies the problem: Camila knew how to be a diva…she just didn't know how to deal with them without being a diva herself and that wouldn't work with her own child it would just make things worse.

Not getting anywhere with Charlie Camila ran out of the changing room and grabbed Lauren for back up. Lauren on the other hand has had plenty of experience in calming down a diva because well…she was married to one. Charlie was cake compared to some of the tantrums Camila used to pull when she was performing. It just hit Lauren that with Camila getting back on the stage she would now have to deal with two high maintenance divas…poor woman.

Like a pro Lauren waltzed into the changing room and in five minutes Charlie had calmed down and was her happy self again. Camila stood there in awe at what Lauren just did. She even got Charlie to apologise to the other girls for her behaviour and apologise to Camila as well.

"H-How?" Camila asked when Lauren came up to her.

"It's a gift." Lauren shrugged.

"But…"

"Camz, sweetie I've known you for how long? I know how to handle a diva." Lauren smirked then quickly kissed her on the lips before leaving the changing room to go find their seats in the theatre.

Everyone was getting ready for the performance by finding their seats, while the performers got their costumes on and waited for their curtain call. Ben was still nervous, Toby helped a little by getting his mind off of it but he had to go find his seat and so now he was alone again and his nerves were coming back. He was startled when he heard someone knock on his door. He quickly jumped up and opened the door and was happy to see his mom standing there.

"Hey Benny…aww look at you. You look so handsome and grown up!" Normani cooed.

Ben had his hair gelled back looking like a 1940's male movie star with the side part and he was wearing semi-tight black pants with a white fitted t-shirt and black ballet shoes. He was starting to fill out a bit more and was growing a bit taller now.

"I'm so proud of you." She smiled.

"I don't think I can go on mom." He replied in a small voice.

Normani frowned; she came over and sat down next to him.

"You'll be fine sweetie."

"But what if I mess up? Everyone will notice because I'm the only boy."

"You won't mess up because you're the son of Normani Hamilton." Normani replied with a big smile.

"But what if-"

"Benny trust me…if you're feeling nervous just do what I do."

"What do you do?" He asked.

"I go to my happy place." She smiled brightly.

"What's your happy place?"

"Well before you and your sister came along my happy place was your Mami. I would just think of her and all my nerves would go away. Then when Rosie was born and when you were born you guys all became my happy place." Normani explained.

Ben smiled and nodded in understanding.

"So all I have to do is find my happy place?"

"Yep!"

"Ok…thanks mom." He smiled at her then gave her a big hug.

The two families were situated in the centre of the theatre in two rows. Camila, Lauren, Dinah and Normani were in one row while Toby, Grace and Rosie were in the one in front of them. Dinah was being her annoying usual self complaining about everything from the horrible and uncomfortable seats to just wanting it to start already! Lauren was ready to cut a bitch if she didn't shut up. Normani managed to silence her wife with a promise of sexytimes when they got home. Camila was doing her best not to cry.

"I'm just so proud of her." She wailed into Lauren's shoulder.

Toby was bored so he just sat there day dreaming and trying not to make it obvious that he was checking out the woman who was sitting next to him. Rosie and Grace hadn't said much to each other not because they were mad at each other but mostly because everything had pretty much been said and now it was the waiting game.

Rosie had hoped that Grace would come to her senses after their talk and dump Hannah so they could finally be together. She was so sure that she was right, that Grace loved Hannah but she wasn't in love with her. Maybe she was wrong; maybe it was just hopeful thinking. Grace was once again stuck in her emotions. After Rosie left that afternoon she went to her room and really thought about everything. She thought about all her times with Hannah and then with Rosie and tried to come up with a decision but it was just too hard. She loved Hannah she knows this but she loves Rosie too she always has. She doesn't want to hurt either of them but she knows she has to make a decision soon otherwise she risks losing both of them.

The lights finally started to dim and the crowd started to quiet down.

"Finally!" Dinah whispered but it was one of those loud whispers.

"Shhh!" Camila hissed.

"You shh!" Dinah hissed back.

"Real mature Dinah" Lauren glared at her best friend.

"Bite me Jauregui."

"In your dreams."

"You wish."

"I know you do."

"Not even if you paid me."

"You want to go? Because we'll go."

"Are you forgetting who I am, I will smack you down bitch."

"Dinah you know I can take you down anytime."

"I will take your pale ass to the carpet."

"Ok that's enough! Dinah switch places with me and Lauren switch with Camila." Normani ordered.

The four adults quickly moved so Dinah and Lauren were both sitting on the outside as far away from each other as possible…both pouting.

"God it's like having two extra children with these two." Camila said to Normani.

"Tell me about it." Normani replied.

Just as the curtain was about to go up Beth quickly took her seat next to Grace who just rolled her eyes at her.

"Sorry I'm late I couldn't get a parking spot." She whispered to Lauren who was now sitting behind her.

"That's ok, Charlie will be glad that you came." Lauren whispered back.

After a few moments and as the audience settled the music began to stir and the curtain came up.

The main group of girls began to dance onto the stage while Ben watched from the wings. He could see the audience from the side and his fear hit him like a train. He was just about ready to not go on when he felt someone take his hand he looked down at his hand which was now entwined with someone else he looked up and saw Charlie standing next to him with a big bright smile.

"You ready?" She asked.

"I…I don't know." He replied.

"You'll be fine Ben. You're my best leading man and I won't be able to do it without you." Charlie whispered.

Ben smiled at that.

"Ok so I'll see you out there." Charlie added with a megawatt smile.

"You're going to do amazing." Ben whispered.

"You too." Charlie replied before she rose up on her tiptoes and gently kissed him on the cheek then quickly let go of his hand and ran back to the other side of the stage getting ready for her performance.

Ben just stood there in shock with a goofy smile on his face. He almost missed his cue but once he stepped foot out on that stage all his fears went away and he danced like a pro. He had found his happy place…it was Charlotte Cabello-Jauregui.

As the kids took their bows the audience gave them a standing ovation Dinah pretended to have something in her eye but she wasn't fooling anyone. She burst into tears the moment Ben stepped out onto the stage and cried out "That's my boy". Normani was super proud of her son he was an awesome dancer, he obviously got that from her. He was strong yet graceful and just owned the stage. Camila and Lauren were also proud parents of their little girl. She did amazing during her solo.

The two families waited out in the foyer for Charlie and Ben to come out after their little celebration backstage with the cookies that Grace and Rosie had made. Dinah and Normani engulfed their son into a big hug when he finally came out as did Lauren and Camila when Charlie came after him. Rosie gave her brother a big bear hug too and Toby gave him a fist bump and a manly side hug. They decided to go to Alfie's for a celebratory dinner and invited Beth to come along too.

~~~ Alfie's Restaurant ~~~

They all sat around in one big booth and ordered four family sized pizzas. Charlie was telling Toby and Camila all about the performance…the one they all just saw. Ben got a few words in but it was mostly Charlie. Dinah and Normani were talking quietly to themselves and cuddled up close together. Lauren and Beth were chatting and laughing together about something. Grace and Rosie just sat there next to each other…in silence. Rosie could tell that Grace was getting into a mood due to the frown that was beginning to form on her face. Grace wasn't a moody person and generally was pretty easy going but lately she wasn't so much. Rosie on the other hand was totally moody she could be sweet as pie one minute then a total bitch the next that and the fact that she knew her best friend like the back of her hand she could just tell something was off.

Rosie gently placed her hand on top of Grace's that was resting on the table.

"Are you ok?" She whispered to her friend.

"Peachy." She replied softly as she looked down.

Rosie turned in her seat so she was facing Grace and looked at her with a hint of concern she gently lifted her chin up with her hand so she could see her eyes. She was shocked to see tears forming in them.

"Gracie what's wrong?" She asked just before she caught the tear with her thumb.

"Nothing…can you move I need to get out." She sniffed.

Rosie got out of the booth to let Grace out, once out of her seat Grace headed to the bathroom with Rosie watching her go looking worried.

"Rosie what's going on? Why is Gracie upset?" Camila asked she hadn't missed the interaction between the two and was now worried about her daughter.

Rosie turned around to face Camila and now everyone at the table was looking at her expectantly and with concerned faces.

"I…I don't know…I'll go see if she's ok." She mumbled before quickly going after her.

"What's going on with those two?" Toby asked once Rosie had left.

"They're in love with each other silly but Gracie's with Hannah but she wants to be with Rosie too and she doesn't know who to choose." Charlie replied matter of factly.

~~~ The Bathroom ~~~

Grace stood by the sinks and splashed some cold water onto her face and grabbed a paper towel to dry it off. She sighed deeply and looked at herself in the mirror, she looked up when she heard the door open and saw Rosie in the reflection.

"Hey." Rosie softly said as she slowly walked up to Grace and hesitantly placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Grace sniffled then turned and wrapped her arms around her best friend. A little confused Rosie just returned the embrace.

"Gracie what's wrong?" Rosie asked.

"Will you wait for me?" She mumbled into Rosie's shoulder.

Rosie sighed and turned her head to the side and placed a tender kiss to the girl's temple letting her lips linger there for as long as possible.

"I'll wait for as long as you want." She replied softly.

~~~ Back at the Table ~~~

Lauren and Dinah were up at the bar getting more drinks while everybody else were sitting at the table chatting away and waiting for Rosie and Grace to come back.

"You don't think they're doing anything in there do you?" Dinah asked.

"What? Who?"

"Rosie and Grace." Dinah clarified.

"What do you mean?"

"Well they have been gone for a while now."

Lauren just stood there and then realised what Dinah was referring to.

"Oh my god Dinah! That is just gross! My baby does not do that sort of thing in a public restroom! Or at all!" Lauren hissed.

Dinah just looked at her.

"Yeah you keep telling yourself that…I'm just saying…I mean you have seen the way those two look at each other. It's almost sickening…It would not surprise me at all if they were getting a little somethin, something."

"That's your daughter you're talking about. You do realise this don't you?" Lauren asked a little horrified.

"Hey I'd rather her do it with a girl who I know isn't some skanky hoe then with a guy and have her end up pregnant." Dinah replied.

"You're unbelievable"

"So I've been told…repeatedly…though it sounds a little wrong coming out of your mouth." Dinah replied with a smirk.

"And here I was thinking you'd grown up a little…clearly I was mistaken. You're still a horny and pervy teenage boy." Lauren replied back with her own smirk.

"Takes one to know one. Camila let it slip about your little police role playing fantasy." Dinah replied.

Lauren looked horrified.

"What?"

Dinah just cackled.

"Oh LoLo…you make me laugh."

"You're a bitch."

"Yeah but I'm your bitch."

Lauren smiled affectionately at her friend.

"That is true." She replied.

"And as your bitch I need to talk to you about something." Dinah said sounding a little more serious.

"What's up?" Lauren asked noticing the shift in the conversation.

"It's about Mani…we um…we found another lump last week."

"Oh my god.. is she? I mean is it?" Lauren asked getting worried.

"No…no it's…she's fine it's….she had it tested and she's fine it wasn't c-cancer. But they want to operate and remove it…I just…I just wanted to let you know." Dinah replied.

Lauren nodded then wrapped her arms around her friend, Dinah welcomed the embrace and held on tight when they pulled away Dinah had to quickly wipe away the tears that betrayed her. Lauren pretended not to notice it and Dinah was grateful for that.

"What do you think's gonna happen with them?" Lauren asked after a few minutes of letting Dinah compose herself.

"Who?"

"Rosie and Grace."

The blonde shrugged.

"I don't know."

"It'll be weird if they started dating, dontcha think?" Lauren asked.

"I'm just disappointed that she loves a Jauregui…I mean…ew." Dinah smirked.

Lauren just laughed and slapped her friend on the arm.

"Well I'm not too pleased that Gracie has fallen for a Jane…I thought she had higher standards."

"Fuck you bitch." Dinah replied and flipped her off as well.

"You keep saying that…Makes me think you actually want to." Lauren replied with a smirk.

"Admit it, you've thought about it…and it would be hot." Dinah replied.

The two stood there and actually thought about it then shivered in disgust and absolute horror.

"Can we stop this conversation now?" Lauren asked.

"Definitely." Dinah quickly replied.

~~~ A Little Later On ~~~

Grace and Rosie finally came back to the table and Dinah was going to say something wildly inappropriate about them being gone so long but then she saw that Grace had been crying so she decided to drop it. That was her good deed for the day. Everybody else pretended to not notice her sad eyes because they didn't want to corner the girl out in the open. Camila and Lauren were definitely going to have a chat with her when they got home though.

After spending another hour at the restaurant the two families decided to head home. Lauren had made arrangements for Beth to come over again so she could meet her boyfriend. The two were a little surprised at how well they had been getting along and just how similar they were. It made Lauren extremely happy and it eased the pain of letting her go all those years ago. She was content to be more than a friend but less than a mother to Beth and Beth felt the same.

~~~ Cabello-Jauregui House ~~~

It was late when they got home and Toby had to carry a sleeping Charlie out of the car and up to her room because once she was gone she was dead to the world and nothing would wake her. Camila got her out of her dance clothes and into her PJ's while Lauren said good night to her son. As the two women came out of their kids' room they both headed to Grace's room and gently knocked on her door.

Grace was sitting up in her bed looking at her phone and looking sad. It broke Lauren and Camila's heart they hated seeing their kids upset. They came over to her bed and took a seat on either side of Grace. Lauren wrapped her arm around her shoulder while Camila took her hand. They just sat there for several moments letting Grace mentally prepare herself for what was to come.

"I don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt them." Grace softly spoke.

"Do you know who you want to be with?" Camila asked.

Grace nodded.

"Then follow your heart and be with them." Lauren replied.

"We know you don't want to hurt either of them but there's just no escaping it unfortunately." Camila added.

"What do I tell her?" Grace asked as a few tears began to fall.

"You tell her you love her…but it isn't fair to be with her when your heart belongs to someone else." Camila replied.

Grace sighed and squeezed her Ma's hand while she rested her head on her mom's shoulder.

~~~ Jane-Hamilton House ~~~

Dinah and Normani  had decided that they would tell their children about the surgery tomorrow they didn't want to ruin Ben's big night and besides the boy was almost asleep as he dragged his legs up the stairs and flopped into his bed. Rosie hadn't said much since they left the restaurant and Dinah was dying to know what happened in the bathroom between the two teenagers.

"Dinah don't be so nosy, if she wants us to know she will tell us." Normani scolded her wife.

"But I wantz to know." Dinah whined.

"You know I can hear you two." Rosie replied as she walked into the kitchen where her mothers were.

"Good for you…so now tell us what happened." Dinah demanded.

Rosie just rolled her eyes.

"Mom can I talk to you alone please?" She asked.

Dinah was not impressed as Normani nodded to her daughter then gave her wife a smug grin that matched Rosie's.

"Matai Tae." Dinah mumbled under her breath.

"I heard that…no sex for you tonight." Normani replied.

Dinah sighed and diva stormed out of the kitchen and stomped up the stairs and slammed her door shut. Rosie and Normani just giggled at her antics. Mother and daughter moved into the living room and sat on the couch with Rosie leaning into her mother's side.

"Why was Gracie crying?" Normani asked.

"I'm not sure…I mean I know she's upset about us and Hannah but I think there's something else too. She wouldn't tell me." Rosie replied.

Normani just nodded.

"She wants me to wait for her…but mom I don't know if I can do it…I don't know how much my heart can take. I just want to be with her…it's always been us together…what if she chooses Hannah?"

"Then you will be happy for her. Be the best friend you have always been and be there for her and love her…but be happy for her." Normani replied.

Rosie didn't like that answer but she knows it's what she will have to do if Grace doesn't choose her.

She will be there for her and won't push her away even if that means getting her heart broken.

************************************

I've got a question for you guys:

Never Be The Same or Real Friends?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
8.2K 159 67
Mitch Harper is a ten year old living in Pallet Town in the Kanto Region of the Pokémon world. Being ten means that Mitch can now set off on his Pok...
4.6K 147 20
"I like when you get excited about the little things. I think it's cute." ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ In which Marinette finds a creative way to s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ get to know...
25.9K 1.6K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...