A Roses Knight: Summer Rose X...

By TheSpectre21

What would happen if Tai Yang wasn't Ruby's actual father? What if her father was secretly alive?You are a tr... More

The Soaring Rose
Summer's Guardian
Together Forever
Unfortunate Turn of Events
What Now?
First Day of School
Her Role Model
A Night To Remember
Catching Up on Life
Sacrifice Part 1
Sacrifice Part 2
Continuing A Legacy
History Repeats Itself
Not a chapter, I'm so sorry
Learning the Hard Way
Fight Against The New Comer
Thank you everyone, Not a chapter
True Motives
The Silver Eyed Girl & The Lightning Warrior Part 1
The Silver Eyed Girl & The Lightning Warrior Part 2
Just The Two of Us
ANOTHER BOOK!
Grimm Attack
The Hike to Mountain Glenn
Appreciation, Not a chapter
Trial of Courage
The Story of Dragons
Trial of Wisdom
The Artifact, Welcome Back To The World Of The Living
Welcome Back Hero
Check Him Out!
A Day Spent As A Family Again
One Awkward Morning
Taking Book Request, Visit Request Book
More Announcements, Sorry For No Chapter
Date Night, Valentine Special
Sorry, Another Announcement, But A Major Vote By You All Is Needed
Check Out The New Story
Not A Chapter, Send Your Prayers
Great News, Not The Next Chapter
Fulfill Your Destiny, Awakening The God

The Road To Resurrection

5.9K 70 52
By TheSpectre21

The Next Day

Ruby began to stir around, and slowly opened her eyes. She saw that she was in a hospital room, but when she tried to get up, she felt a weight on her lap. She looked down and saw that Seth had his head on her lap. She blushed at the sight, but couldn't help but smile.

Ruby's Thoughts: Hmmmm, he looks kinda cute in his sleep.

???: *in Ruby's head* Don't go getting any funny idea's.

Ruby's eyes widened when she recognized that it was your voice.

Ruby's Thoughts: D-Dad?

Y/N: *In Ruby's head* Hey sweet heart.

Ruby's Thoughts: Dad.....I-I'm....I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to yell or get mad or-

Y/N: *In Ruby's head* Hey, calm down, I know you didn't mean to, it's also kind of my fault that you did that. Just move on Ruby, okay?

Ruby's Thoughts: Okay..

Y/N: *In Ruby's head* Now then, I'm going to rest, talk to you soon.

Ruby: Bye dad.

Ruby slowly sat up, and looked back at Seth. She ran her  fingers through his hair gently, but eventually, he began to stir around from the soft feeling, and his eyes fluttered open. He looked up to see Ruby staring at him with a smile, and just realized what position he was in. He blushed and shot right up in his seat.

Seth: Agh! I-I-I-I'm s-s-s-sorry! I-I d-d-didn't even know w-w-hat I-I was d-d-d-doing!

Ruby: *giggles* It's fine. You look cute when you sleep.

Seth blushed even more, and hid his face away. Just then, Summer walked into the room.

Summer: Ohh, Ruby, you're awake! Thank goodness.

She went over and hugged Ruby who hugged back immediately.

Ruby: Mom, what happened?

Summer: You don't remember anything at all?

Ruby: I remember the fighting, and then catching Yang, but then I saw a white light, and everything else is just a blur.

Summer: Ruby, there's something you need to know. Me and you, we're special Ruby.

Ruby: Special how?

Summer: What was the first thing Ozpin told you the night you met?

Ruby: He told me that I have silver eyes. Does it have something to do with that?

Summer: Yes, you see Ruby, back before Remnant, before there were kingdoms, there were these strong warriors. Each of them had been born with silver eyes, and when they were born, it was said that they would be destined to lead the life of a warrior. The creature's of grimm would turn and run away from just the sight of those silver eyes.

Ruby: So, we're also one of those silvered warriors?

Summer: Yes, and we have to keep it a secret, because if people were to find out, the ones who remember the tale, will most definitely come for us.

Ruby: How can I control it?

Summer: Another time, okay darling?

As they continued to talk, the door opened, and walked in the rest of team RWBY, and JNPR. Also came in was Emma, and the rest of team STRQ.

Yang: Hey little sis, how ya feeling?

Ruby: Like I was hit by a truck.

Jaune: Well, you did kinda hit Wave like that?

Ruby: So, what happened to him?

Seth: He's gone, nothing was left but his sword. 

Ruby: Man, were we that strong?

Emma: That's putting it lightly, you destroyed three buildings young lady.

Ruby laughed nervously while everyone else was laughing as well.

Ruby: Soory about that hehe, so, Ms.Emma, what are you doing here?

Emma: Well, I heard what happened, and I came to make sure my students were okay. Y/N would kill me if anything happened to you guys.

???: You got that right.

You came out if Incursio's Key and walked over to Summer.

Y/N: Hey cookie monster, sorry I made you worry.

Summer: It's alright.

She quickly kissed you then slapped you in the face.

Y/N: OW! What was that for!? 

Summer: For not spending time with me, hmph.

Summer looked away and crossed her arms, while you cried and everyone else laughed. You stopped fake crying, and came up behind Summer, and wrapped your arms around her.

Y/N: Come oooonnnnn, you know you can't stay mad at me forever.

Summer: Ohh yeah?

Y/N: You can't resist this face. *puppy dog eyes*

Summer's Thoughts: T-Too.....adorable........m-m-must.....resist!...

Y/N: Cookie monster~ *puppy eyes intensify*

Summer was sweating, and biting her lip, trying to resist all that she could, until finally she snapped.

Summer: DARN IT! *pinches your cheeks* your just too adorable!

Y/N: OW!! Stop pinching my cheeks!!! OW!!!

Everyone was laughing again, and after having some fun, you all sat around Ruby and talked for quite some time. Ruby wasn't able to leave the hospital yet, not until tomorrow, so everyone said that they would spend the night. You looked among everyone as they were talking and laughing. You missed having fun with everyone like this. You pulled Summer closer to you as she rested her head on your shoulder. You remembered all of those happy moments you had with Summer, and began to tear up. Summer noticed this as well.

Summer: Y/N? What's wrong? 

Y/N: I-It's nothing. *wipes tear away*

Ruby: Dad, you can tell us, we're all more than friends here, we're family.

Qrow: Yeah, so spill the beans rose petals. *takes swig from flask*

Y/N: Call me that one more time, and I'll cut your flask in half.

Qrow: You wouldn't dare. *glares*

Y/N: *Smirk*

You threw your hand in a slashing motion, and rose petals quickly sliced the flask, making its content spill out on the floor.

Qrow: I'M GONNA KILL YOU AGAIN!

Y/N: AHHHHH!!!

You began to run around the hospital while everyone else was laughing watching you. Finally, after getting bonked on the head by Qrow, you both walked back in and sat back down.

Yang: You know, after a crazy day like that, it's nice to have quality time like this.

Blake: I agree one hundred percent. *leans head on Yang's shoulder*

Weiss: You know, we have classes still tomorrow.

Emma: Ehhh, I'll let you guys off the hook.

Y/N: Way to fill my spot sis, you're really a responsible teacher. *says sarcastically* 

Emma: Hey!

Emma pouted while everyone else was laughing, and smiling. Then, Raven noticed something not even you noticed.

Raven: Hey Y/N?

Y/N: What is it?

Raven: Has that halo above your head always been there? 

Y/N: Halo?

You looked up and saw a yellow halo above your head, and everyone else had just noticed it as well.

Y/N: Wow, after all this time, I just figure that out.

You all laughed at how oblivious you all were. But then, Ruby stopped laughing and looked down in sadness.

Seth: Hey, Ruby, what's wrong?

She began to tear up.

Ruby: It's just that...*sobs*..I had forgotten that *sobs* you were dead *sobs* now I remember, and I don't want that *sobs* I want you to  come back for real *sobs*

You all began to feel sad, for what she said was true. With how much time you actually spent with everyone, the had forgotten that you actually died. You went to Ruby's side, and held her close as she sobbed into your chest.

Y/N: I know it sucks that I'm dead, but remember, I'm always here with you and everyone else. No matter what, I will never leave any of you.

You held Ruby close to you as Summer wrapped her arms around you, and rested her head on your shoulder. You tilted your head so it would lean on Summer's and closed your eyes. As you were all silent, a voice filled the room.

???: Perhaps we can be of assistance.

You all looked around trying to figure out who said that.

Y/N: Who's there?

???: We are.

A light appeared from Incursio's Key, and two figures began to form. Once the light died down, you saw it was Bulat and Tatsumi.

Y/N: What brings you here?

Yang: Hey, you're the two who told Ruby she wasn't worthy of Incursio.

Tatsumi: We're here to acknowledge that Ruby has once more, deemed herself worthy to wield the armor. You did good short stuff.

Bulat: And you Y/N, we never acknowledged you for being one of the most strongest people to ever wield the armor.

Y/N: I was only doing my job.

Bulat: Which is why we're here.

Raven: What so you mean by that?

Bulat: Y/N, your job on Remnant is not finished yet, and you cannot complete it if you're dead. So, we've found a way you can.

Y/N: I can what?

Tatsumi: How you can bring yourself back to life.

You were all shocked hearing this. A way for you to be brought back to life? It's all you ever wanted, so that you could stay by their side for real, and not be some spirit inside of Ruby's head.

Y/N: T-Tell me how then! 

Bulat: It won't be easy, but you must. There is a sacred artifact that has the capability to turn any spirit back into a living being. But in order to obtain it, you must over come the series of obstacles, and trials that lie ahead.

Summer: Where is this artifact?

Tatsumi: It's inside Mountain Glenn. 

Raven: That area is crawling with grimm, it will be difficult.

Qrow: I'll go with him.

Tai: So will I.

Bulat: No, not everyone can go. Just one, and they must just as strong as him.

Summer: I'll do it then.

Y/N: Summer, I don't think-

Summer: If there is anyway of bringing you back, then I sure as hell will do anything I can to get it. Plus, I'm the only one here who really matches up to your strength.

Bulat: We've arranged things with Incursio, so you can stay within your physical form until you return, but you must make  haste, something is coming, and they will need everyone they can when it happens.

Tatsumi: Good luck Y/N.

Y/N: Wait, what about my armor? I can only change to it when I'm close to Incursio.

Bulat: Take this. *tosses you a wrist band*

You caught it and looked to see it has the same red gem that Incursio's Key has.

Bulat: It's another Key, just for you.

Y/N: Thank you.

Tatsumi: We're off now, good luck.

They faded back into light, and were gone. You put on the wrist band, and got up.

Ruby: You're going now?

Y/N: The quicker I get this done, the faster I come back to life to be with you all. Come on Summer, lets go.

Summer: Right.

Everyone: Good luck!

You and Summer rushed out of the hospital, and began to run to your home. You grabbed everything you needed, and thus began your journey towards resurrection. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.7K 56
What if Raven and Tai had more than one child, what if they had twins, what if Raven took one of them with her when she left Tai. Follow the story of...
2.8K 79 13
A 17 yr old boy meets a certain headmaster and asks him to join his academy. Despite that he suffered a rough past, trying to run away from it, havin...
47.7K 1.4K 42
Ruby Rose wanted to go to Beacon Academy for three reasons. One,to follow her mother's foot step to be the best huntress and musician who spread joy...
88.3K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...