The Parabatai (Discontinued)

By xLittleMissReadAlotx

Isabelle has kept her parabatai a secret for years, why? Because it was a promise she made with Skylnn Fairch... More

~ Season One ~
Chapter One: The Mortal Cup
Chapter Two: The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
Chapter Three: Dead Man's Party
Chapter Four: Raising Hell
Chapter Five: Moo Shu To Go
Chapter Six: Of Men and Angels
Chapter Seven: Major Arcana
Chapter Eight: Rise up
Chapter Ten: Blood Calls to Blood
Chapter Eleven: MALEC
Chapter Twelve: Morning Star
~ Season Two ~
Chapter Thirteen: A Door Into The Dark
Chapter Fourteen: Parabatai Lost
Chapter Fifteen: Day Of Wrath
Chapter Sixteen: Iron Sisters
Chapter Seventeen: How Are Thou Fallen
Chapter Eighteen: Love is a Devil
Chapter Nineteen: By The Light of Dawn
Chapter Twenty: Mea Maxima Culpa
Chapter Twenty-One: Those of Demon Blood
Chapter Twenty-Two: Burn
Chapter Twenty-Three: Day of Atonement
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Dark Reflection

Chapter Nine: This World Inverted

2.8K 75 2
By xLittleMissReadAlotx

The moment Skylar opened her eyes, she knew..something wasn't right when she was seated next to Clary who was smiling and eating her dinner while Jocelyn came back, and when Skylar saw Valentine..her heart sunk. This was the same man, who ruined their lives and took their mother away. She immediately stood up and backed away, down here she was just a college student not an actual shadowhunter. She was a mundane now, shadowhunters no longer live here or exist. What did she do? She stayed silent, only silent as she watched them laugh and eat. "Skylnn, are you alright?" Valentine was one to ask, Skye slowly nodded and gulped. 

"P-Peachy." Skye replied, Jocelyn had smiled at the two before she made them pay attention to this awful commercial...that made the blonde cringe badly, not liking this. Luke, Hodge and Magnus...oh how normal and basic they all were. "I have to go, Clary we have to go-"

"Meet the others? Yeah, I know. If you wanna get going then let's go." Clary said, Skye was mentally glad that she..assumed correctly and well it saved her from spending time with her father...or see him.

"But you both promised breakfast?" Jocelyn asked, slightly upset that both of her daughters were already leaving her on the one day that they had off at the same time..the girls would leave. 

"Sorry, but we'll be back-" Skye had paused, looking at Clary to finish off her sentence.

"At the party." Clary had finished, the redhead did not understand why Skylar was acting so odd and weird. But she didn't ask instead, she just left along with the blonde leading her away towards the front door.

~

Skye was confused, beyond confused when she saw Simon standing in the sun and speaking to Clary, her mind was filled so many questions. She slowly made her way towards, Isabelle...who was not...her Isabelle..well it is her Isabelle just not the fierce one! This was the nerdy Isabelle Lightwood, the alternate universe one.

"Oh, it goes with your dress? Because you're getting ready at my place tonight, right?" Isabelle asked, the moment she saw Skye who nodded slowly...very very slowly and cleared her throat. But Alec...was not happy with her..weird way of replying to his little sister's questions."That is not even a little bit funny. I have poured my heart and soul into planning this anniversary party for the Institute. And the theme is amazing." Alec said, and oh boy did the way he spoke made Skye even more confused than ever.

"Good to know, I have everything picked out." Skye said forcing a smile before she felt someone grab her hand, she quickly turned around and inhaled deeply when seeing it was Jace...her heart had skipped a beat. 

"Hey...can we talk for a second?" Jace asked in a whisper before he simply dragged Skye away, following behind him until he gently pushed her against the truck. 

"W-What's going on?" Skye asked, she inhaled deeply when Jace leaned in and pressed his lips against hers...and she had melted into it within seconds. During this kiss, her mind was slowly slipping back to A.U Skylnn...this kiss was just intoxicating. She remembered the words of the Seelie, this world would intoxicate her. She pulled away from the kiss, and inhaled deeply. "I-I'm sorry, I can't." She whispered before pushing him away and walking off. Her eyes wondered off to look at Isabelle, Simon together then at Alec who shook his head.

~

Where did Skylar go? To the one person she was hoping was himself. Magnus Bane, but no...he was boring and plain. It actually made her slightly sad to see him such a way....she was use to all the glitter, and his magical ways. She watched him as he flipped over a tarot card. "The Lovers. You are in a loving relationship.This man has a strong hold on you. You feel a magnetic attraction to him that you cannot escape. Tonight will define your relationship."

"Oh." Skylar said before softly chuckling, and tilted her head to the side.

"You hope he is your soul mate. But secrets revealed will threaten to tear you apart." Magnus said, this time slightly a bit more quiet since it had taken a dark turn. Skylar sat up a bit, leaning against the table before she flinched at the sight of a cat jumping onto the table.

"Didn't know you had a cat..." The blonde mumbled before he picked up Chairmen Meow off the table and nodded slowly.

"This is chairmen meow...and that's-" He paused as he turned his head, looking directly at grumpy old Church. "Church." He mumbled which made Skye smile at him. She was just happy to see that....he was somewhat...like himself just not fashionable.  Skylar nodded slowly before she cleared her throat..just wanting to get this over with.

"Look Magnus, I didn't come here for a reading...I came here...because I know you're a warlock. Don't even try to deny it......" The warlock froze, tensing up slightly as he stared at her...in shock.

~

"There are no more Shadowhunters. Haven't been for hundreds of years." Magnus said, letting the cat go and watching this random girl. He was wondering what did this girl know about the world he once lived in.

"I can prove it...wait though in this dimension....I don't have runes and they are don't even exist here." Skylar said "I'm from an alternate reality." She began to say but was cut off by Magnus who shook his head and didn't believe her at all.

"If that were true without an anchor, you'd be assimilating into this world." Skylar shook her head as she stood up, walking over to a table on it and grabbed the little sketchbook. She took it, found a pencil before she drew a demon. Then walking over to him and placing it across from him, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Believe me, I am trying to fight it. It's getting to me....everything that I do...is slowly consuming me." Skylar said, and before you know it. The two began to speak, about the issue they may have...for example..the warlock didn't have magic. And in this world, there were no shadowhunters...no nothing. This made things much different than before, no magic...big problem.

~

Meanwhile at the Insisute, plenty has gone down. What exactly? Isabelle has been arrested, and well this was not good at all. And big brother Alexander Lightwood was not so happy, he wished that his little sister was not dragged into this. He wished that Lydia Branwell had not done this to her.....he would always choose his sister over anything. He needed to do what he needed to as a big brother which was speak to Lydia. Simon was also helping out Luke with a small problem he was having. That was what was going on here.......

~

Skylar and Clary had to help Isabelle cover up an injury, avoiding one huge topic of conversation...what was going on with Jace and Skylar. See the blonde wasn't a big on speaking about it at all...why? She simply couldn't even speak about something that major like that.

Being at the party was draining, before Skylar could even get inside. Her phone vibrated, she looked down to see a message from an unfamiliar number. 'Turn around' The message read, she wore the same blue dress as Clary. When turning around, she tensed..was this..some weird thing about this alternative world. It was a man, who she couldn't see his face....he was blank in her eyes. Though others who walked around, greeted him and when hearing the name..she knew it quite well....better than anyone else who didn't. "Jonathan." Skylar said but kept her distance, she LITERALLY couldn't see his face at all but others could.

"Skye, I was hoping I could get you before you went inside. Tell mom and dad that I'm sorry I couldn't come. I shouldn't even be here, I should be far away from here." This so called Jonathan spoke and chuckled lightly. "Enjoy this, and I know that Jace...and you are moving.....fast."

"Fast?"

"Oh come on, you hid the engagement ring and everything. Look I'm just here to wish you luck,, it's time you tell mom and dad." Jonathan said as he placed his hand on her shoulder, giving her a soft squeeze....she imagined that he was smiling before he turned around and walked away. Skylar watched him before he just vanished into the darkness, her heart ached slightly...he was the last person she expected to see him. She turned around, and stumbled a bit walking inside, her head down as she texted Magnus to hurry up.

She walked towards a table, taking a drink and downing it quickly. She didn't know a thing about marriage, she tensed when see Jace walk over with a small smile spreading on his lips. "Hey, you alright? You've been avoiding me, Skye. I tried texting you about the-" He paused as he moved closer and whispered..the word into her ear. "Wedding....we needed to try cake..." He whispered before moving away from her for a second, Skylar gulped as she looked around for Magnus.

"S-Sorry, I just...been busy." Skylar managed to say before Valentine walked over with a look in his eyes, see this man...she was afraid of the most and with him walking over..it made her move away almost immediately, she watched a very awkward introduction from Jace to Valentine. God, how could she marry him? She loved him, right? Yeah she does, that's why she was going to marry him. And before she knew it...Jace and Skye were dancing...the short blonde being consumed by this world. This world that she wished was truly hers....but she couldn't allow herself to sucked in here when her real world....her real family and friends needed her.

Magnus's attempt to get into the party wasn't a good one, he ended up running into...a Lightwood. Now not just any Lightwood, the Lightwood..aka Alexander who seemed intrigued by this man. The two....had quite a magical interaction many may say as they walked by and watched....what beautiful sparks the two had.

~

Now where were we? Ah yes, Skylar had slipped away from Jace and with Magnus to the basement of the Institute...he had to snap her out of this daze that she had been caught it. Jace had walked down the stairs, and he had seen something he was not pleased with. He questioned whether or not marriage was a good idea for the two, which was not good for this Skylar. Thankfully a demon had ruined a moment, Skylar had used a broom stick to fight it off but it had left this worlds Jace shaken up.

His hands were shaking uncontrollably, and Skylar was doing her best to calm him down. She rubbed his back gently and sighed as her bright blue eyes scanned everything. "Everything's going to be okay..." Skylar whispered, not even noticing that something had changed about this world's Jace.

"Skye, what are you doing?" Jace asked, she moved away from him when she saw it was the Jace from her world. "What's going on? Fill me in." Before she opened her mouth to speak but well a demon surprised them, it turned to hell quite fast. Fighting off this demon, then seeing Jace get injured....it panicked Skylar a lot. She had helped him, walking towards Magnus who used the shard that Clary had given her to help her here. "You'll have to destroy the Portal after we go through. Why? To secure your dimension from all sides. Otherwise, if it stays open, you'll be vulnerable to demon attacks again."

"Thank you...Skylnn. For helping me." Magnus said with a faint smile, Skylar smiled back at him and nodded.

"Anything for you..." Skylar replied softly, glancing at Jace who cleared his throat.

"Think of your father.." He whispered before the two had stepped into the portal.

~

Where they ended up was...a warehouse. Skylar pulled out her sword before she helped Jace off the floor. He pulled out his own before the two began to look around. "By the angel..this man so sick.." Skylar whispered as she looked at the jars, at the stations, the needles..everything was wrong here.

"You didn't know that already?" Jace asked in a quiet whisper, he shook his head...feeling weak from the wound but stayed on his feet, he glanced at Skylar who stared at the jars, as a tear rolled down her cheek or so that was what he saw. Skylar had wiped away the tear so quickly in hopes Jace didn't get to see it.

"No, I always knew.." Skylar whispered before a loud sound of banging came from some cage, the two exchanged looks. He moved slowly before opening the cage wide open, and stepping back. His heart sunk at the sight of a man he knew...a man he knew exactly who he was.

"It can't be......" Jace whispered, he was no longer on guard as he stared at this man in shock. "I saw you die...your died."

"Jace, what are you talking about?" Skylar asked, as she tightened her grip on her sword and gulped.

"This is my father..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 2.4K 15
Twins. The oldest, a warlock. The youngest, a shadowhunter. Both were raised in lives the other could not follow. But that was changed on the day of...
2.7M 73.2K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
28K 420 20
π‚π‡π‘πˆπ’π“πˆππ€ ππ‹π€π‚πŠπ“π‡πŽπ‘π, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...
95.9K 1.9K 39
Stiles Stilinski? Nah Stiles Lightwood. Who would've thought that? Currently he lives in Beacon Hills pretending to be a useless Mundane when he isn'...