Brave // Harry Styles

By whatsup1D

She walked to the school, the cold wind whipping her hair around and making her pull her coat impossibly clos... More

Brave
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sorry!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

23 0 0
By whatsup1D

Lacy's POV

It's freezing.

I am not getting in the water. My dress is not enough to keep me warm and I am not going to risk getting hypothermia or something.

I am a hypochondriac.

"Harry, I'm not getting in," I told him sternly.

"Okay," he chuckled.

He still had that nasty chew in. I could tell it was nasty by the smell. I didn't like it, but it was better than him smoking or doing drugs. With cigarettes, he could affect me and the people around him. However, with chew, it's his mouth and his mouth only he is affecting. I wasn't going to tell him how to live his life just like he better not tell me how to live mine.

"We're here," he snapped me out of my thoughts and I pulled the lever on his truck to get out.

He walked before me kicking away rocks that were in his way. They were tiny pebbles, so I guess he just did it out of habit.

I pulled out the jacket I found in the back of Harry's truck. I sat it down on the ground as flat as I could and I was happy to see it was big enough for both Harry and I to sit on.

"This was my old friends. He was a bigger guy," Harry explained.

"Nice. What happened to him? Is he still your friend?" I asked cautiously. I didn't wanna set him off.

"He uh, overdosed on drugs," he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly as I layed my hand down on his shoulder.

He tensed up at the sudden touch but quickly recovered and put his hand on top of mine.

"It's okay," he shrugged, "let's swim!"

"Um," I hesitated.

He pulled me up with both of his hands and I stepped away from his hold.

"Harry! No!" I exclaimed, trying to get my point across.

"Just a quick swim! Please Lacy," he begged.

I eventually gave in and kicked off my shoes. I held up my hair in signal for him to unzip my dress and he did. I held it up with my hands and told him to turn around. He didn't at first, but he eventually obliged.

"Hurry," Harry groaned.

"Okay, let me get in. Then you can look," I laughed and ran to the water.

"What? No," Harry, being his stubborn self, turned around before I had the chance to get in.

I groaned but let it go. I dipped my toe in the water before even attempting to get in. I really didn't want to.

"Nope, bye," I said as I tried to walk away.

Harry laughed and grabbed my waist before basically throwing me into the water. He didn't throw me simply because he didn't even let go. I was just in my underwear and bra so it was awkward for me to be latched around him. My arms were around his neck and my legs were wrapped around his waist as I squirmed from the coldness.

"It's not even that cold," he tilts his head back in laughter and I smiled at then beautiful view.

"It's freezing, Harry," I retaliated.

He tilts his head again, to the side this time, with a smirk wiped on his face. He was making fun of me in his head, I knew he was. It was pretty obvious.

"So, what would you do if..."

He let go of my legs and let me fall about two centimeters before catching me again. I re-gained my posture before clutching onto him again, tighter this time.

"I swear if you do that again..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say after that.

I didn't have anything to threaten him with.

"Why did you have that guys jacket in the back of your truck?" I pondered.

"Uhm, long story..." he replied stubbornly.

"I have time,"

This time, I was the one to smirk.

"Okay, well.. Whenever Michael did drugs, I would always drive him wherever and wait in the car for him to get them because he didn't stay long. However, this one time he stayed in there longer than normal, so I walked in to see what he was doing. Michael was already passed out. The guy next to him, which he was also high but I was too stupid to know that at the time, told me to take off his jacket cause it helps if he is cooler," he paused and took a breathe, "I was stupid enough to trust him and actually follow his orders so I took it off and threw it in my truck...and I guess it was my last memory of him. We were really close. It's stupid, but I guess I never took it out."

My head somehow ended up on his shoulder between his long, heartfelt speech. I know he didn't provide me any information about himself, or his family, or his life, but I felt like I knew him better after that story. It was the longest story he has ever told me.

"I'm sorry. It's not stupid, I understand," I said as I repositioned myself to where he was still holding me on his waist, but I could see his face better.

"Yeah, so have you warmed up to the water yet?" He changed the topic, but I didn't mind.

"Uh, yeah," I stammered.

The truth was I didn't want him to put me down.

"Right," he put me down awkwardly.

I shouldn't have made him tell me that story because now everything is awkward. I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable, but I knew I was bound to somehow.

"I'm sorry," I said again for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Quit saying that," he demanded, in a harsher tone.

I wasn't used to it, so I stepped away slowly but now weirdly. I made it look like I was just strolling around the water.

I heard splashing and I turned around to see Harry getting out of the water and putting his clothes back on, not even bothering to dry off. I got out too, not wanting to make him any more mad. I let myself air dry for few seconds because I wasn't using Michael's jacket. I figured Harry would give me his jacket or shirt or something, but he didn't.

"Let's go," he said sternly.

"I need to get my dress on," I said softly.

"No, let's go," he repeated in a harsher tone.

"Leave then Harry! Leave me here by this lake! Go get high! Or chew something! I don't care, just leave if you are going to be a jerk!" I snapped.

Harry looked at me with cold eyes before he quietly yet forcefully remarked, "I'll go see what Sasha is up to," he smirked.

Those words hurt. He got in his truck and drove away. I am mad at him, but not for leaving me. I told him to. I'm not going to blame him. He's going to go see Sasha now, and no doubt they are going to do something. I cannot believe he said that.

I know we aren't dating, but we were doing so good. I wanted to write about him. He is a jerk. I was completely wrong when I said he could be the nice type.

He had me fooled.

He played me like a toy.

Harry's POV

I drove around for awhile, having no idea where to go. I sure as heck wasn't going to find Sasha, that's for sure. I know I just screwed everything up with Lacy, but I can't help it. She made me so mad. I didn't need her pity, nor did I want it.

I called Niall and asked him what bar they were at. When he responded, I jerked the car towards that direction and stared the journey.

______________

I walked into the bar with confidence written all over my face even though I was about as confident as a puppy in a fight against a lion. I was dying inside knowing I left Lacy there to fend for herself, but I wasn't going to be the one to crawl back to her. That's not how it works. I don't know how I am going to face her at school. I will probably be the one to beg her at her feet.

What is she doing to me?

"Harry! Where's Lacy?" Niall wondered.

"She's uh-home sick," I lied through my teeth.

"Okay, well let's get his party started!" He yelled and I laughed.

We took shots and drank straight from the bottle until I began to feel dizzy. I was super drunk. I had no idea what I was doing.

"Hey Harry,"

I looked up at the person standing before me and was greeted with Amanda Clay. I have never done anything with her, but she has tried really hard.

"Uh, hi," I muttered.

"What are you doing here all alone?" She asked as she trailed her finger up and down my thigh.

"I'm not alone now," I smirked as I pulled her into my side. I had no idea what I was doing and I needed this. I needed something to get over Lacy.

She leaned in and I immediately felt her breath against my face. I didn't react, except for the part where I pursed my lips. All I could see was Lacy, and I knew this wasn't right. It didn't feel right. She couldn't even look at her as I pushed her away, not hardly, but definitely not softly.

"Harry," She began but I cut her off by leaving her alone as I paced out of the bar and into my truck.

I started it and began to head for my safe haven. My place to land. My escape.

The park.

Lacy's POV

I trudged up my stairs as I put my dirty heels in my closet. I did not have enough energy to even attempt to clean them.

It sickened me to even think about tonight, or Harry, or anything. All I could see was Harry and Sasha together and that was definitely something I did not want to see.

I changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt and slipped on my moccasins before heading out the door to take a walk.

There was a park right next to my house where I liked to go to think, so I headed there. It was too late to go to my pond with the rock, so this would have to do. I gripped my hands together in front of my stomach and rubbed them together before putting them back in my pockets, trying to get some warmth.

As I approached the park, there was a figure on the bench where I was planning to go.

I could see the disheveled curls before I even got close to him, lucky for me, I quickly turned around and made a dash for it. I couldn't help but feel sad yet happy. Knowing he was here on this bench was amazing, because that means he isn't with Sasha. It doesn't matter though, he still said that purposely to hurt me.

"Lacy!" I heard someone yell. I knew who it was.

I didn't turn around, but I heard his footsteps nearing my own. They almost made a beat. It was bumpy and offbeat, kind of like our relationship right now. I chuckled at the thought even though it wasn't happy.

"Lacy," he whispered, out of breath.

"Harry, go away now, please," I breathed out.

"No, Lacy. Please listen to me! I didn't do anything with Sasha! This girl, Amanda, tried to get with me but I turned her down cause I couldn't stop-" he stopped.

"Couldn't stop what?" I urged him to continue.

I should be walking away right now, but anyone in my situation would know it is absolutely not that easy.

"Thinking about you," he finished.

I didn't know what else to do, so I turned around and ran. I didn't say anything else to him as I ran back to my safety...home.

Once I was home, I got out my sheets of paper and began writing.

Liking someone is like a sheet of paper. If you tear it, it is impossible to fix. You can tape it, you can even try to glue it, but that tear will permanently be there for everyone to see. That is exactly what it is like for Harry and me. He is a mysterious boy, yet so easy to figure out. A damaged, scared, naive boy who doesn't know a second nature. He knows where he comes from. Violence. Gangs. Drugs. Money. He doesn't know what it's like to be so desperately in love with someone you have absolutely no chance with. He doesn't know.

He is damaged, and I have no idea how to fix him. I have no idea what to do to help him. I don't know if I ever will. I don't know if I want to give up though. Then again, sometimes dropping an old puzzle and picking up a new one is the best way to do it.

****************

That was a fast update! Go me!

I am going to try to update really frequently now!

I also left you a hint at the end of this chapter as to what's going to happen! If anyone guesses what she means when she says "Then again, sometimes dropping an old puzzle and picking up a new one is the best way to do it." Then I will follow you and stuff.

That may not be that big of a deal, but please just guess.

Then again, doing that would require readers...which I hardly have. Haha :)

Okay, hope you liked the update!

Have a great day and I love you alllllll!

-ashley xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 30.9K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
470K 14.3K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.1M 36.9K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.9M 85.9K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.