His Nerd (DISCONTINUED)

By littlestories123

Maya Flores was the type to stay away from danger. From the crowd. From the gossip. From the popularity. And... More

One| Introduction
Two| Number Exchange
10 Years Ago
Three| A Cute Stranger
Four| Im Fine
Five| Weird Man
Six| Aftermath and Cute Stranger Returns
Seven| BlackMail?
Eight| Braden & The Confession
Nine| A War
Ten| First Kiss
Eleven| Stolen
Twelve| Difficulty

Thirteen|| Oh Pickles

4.7K 179 134
By littlestories123

Oh my god!! Guys .. I honestly didn't even know if I should update. Because I literally went through writers block which just gave me depression so I just deleted the app.. and then I added it back and saw.. *sniff* *tear* all this love.

Oh my gosh guys you don't know how bad I feel. I really do. Because to be honest, I didn't think this story would get this much love. Like, I was scrolling through the comments and saw you guys wanted more and it broke my heart because .. I care about you guys!! *sobs* I'm so sorry!!

I'm not sure if I should delete this and or just start all over or just roll from where I started.

Pero (but).

Here's chapter thirteen. I hope you guys like it and tell me what I should do. Again, I'm really sorry!

xoxo~ cindy

Chapter Thirteen|| Oh Pickles

Whispers. So many whispers. The crowded hallway felt warm. Too warm, enough to cause my pits and sweat to form on my forehead. Which was strange since Fall was already here and the leaves have started to depart from their branch leaving the trees naked.

Outside was cold. Minutes ago I was just shivering from the cruel airs and winds of the world. But once I took a step in school, the heat increased extremely all of a sudden.

"Did you hear about Alec going to that girls house? What's her name?"

"Oh yeah! That new boy, Braden, did as well. And I heard they both went to her house, at the same time!"

"I heard about that too! Whoever she is, must be a big whore. Aiming for such a hottie like Alec and for the new guy too?"

"Guys! I heard she was that nerdy girl named..."

"Maya!!" My eyes widen, my heart thundering painfully against my chest suddenly dropping and crashing in the pit of my stomach. I gasped inaudibly, my neck snapping to the lips that just called out my name. I saw Kyle walking towards me with a weak smile, his hands shaking defensively in front of him.

"Sorry, did I scare you? Jeez May, you really are a scaredy-cat." He chuckled, shaking his head in a teasing disappointment. I shook my head slowly, a reassuring smile plastering across my chapped lips.

"Oh sorry, no it's just .. lately I haven't been feeling well." Of course I haven't. It's been two days since I've last spoken to Alec or Braden. After Alec stole my first kiss and I unconsciously growled at Alec I hated him, he moved his seat in math class. I could feel his intense gaze staring at my every move in class. But he hasn't said a word to me. Braden has barely spoken to me as well.

After he confessed his feelings and I left him unanswered, he's barely said anything in English. He just casually asks for help but other then that he hasn't said anything about the 'sensitive' subject.

These two days I've been feeling like complete crap. I look like crap too. I wore black sweatpants and a maroon long sleeve shirt, my brown chocolate hair pulled up on a messy bun.

I gently pushed my glasses upward towards my eyes from the bridge of my nose. I sighed deeply, closing my locker.

"Uh oh. What's wrong with the princess? Can't handle all these gossips?" Kyle tsked, leaning against the navy blue lockers. I rose a brow.

"What gossip?" I asked curiously. There's gossip I haven't heard about? I'm surprised Riley and Emily haven't covered me in anything. Kyle's expression turned shook for a whole minute before shaking his head and giving me a nervous grin.

"O-Oh nothing. Just stupid stuff. Come on, let's go to gym." He grabbed my wrist and tried stringing me along. I held my ground, making him stumble back. Hey, I've been drinking my milk.

"No. Kyle, tell me! You know I like gossip! Whose it about this time? Clara? I heard she got back with her mans. Oh, maybe Larissa, that new cheerleader. They say she was getting bullied by the whole team until she stood up for herself and they accepted her. Good for her! I honestly felt happy for a second, since you know I've been down lately. Oh, Emily's talking to that new foreign exchange student. I've noticed a lot of new students are coming to this school. It's kinda a pain in the ass–."

"You! The new gossip is about you, Maya! Rumors are about you!" Kyle burst, eyes wide, breathing like he's been wanting to let it out since the dawn of time.

I stood frozen. My mouth dropped on the unclean floor the janitors never bother to mop or sweep. The new rumors.. are about me? Me? Maya Elizabeth Flores? The shy girl that's mostly invisible to the whole study body. The girl whose head are just in books or in the clouds. The girl who vowed never to never hear her name in anyone else's mouth. Good or bad.

"Maya.." Kyle began, his voice obviously laced with concern.

"How? What? I don't understand." I was utterly confused I couldn't wrap my mind about it. 

"Maya, some girls saw Alec and Braden both wait for you outside your house."

Oh no. No. They must think that me and Alec and.. me and Braden.. have something. Oh no!

~•~•~•~•~•~

"I can't believe this!" I whimpered, hugging my legs closer to my chest. I peeked my eyes up, staring at Kyle, and Emily. Riley throwing some basketballs, her eyes narrowed on the hoops as she listened to our conversation. We were currently sitting in the gym, waiting for our gym Instructor to get in our teams for yet another game of Dodgeball.

"I can't believe you told her, jackass!" Emily scolded, punching Kyle's gut. He groaned, "ow! I couldn't stand her not knowing. She was gonna find out anyway, might as well be from us." He rubbed his stomach. Emily rolled her eyes.

"Oh May, I'm sorry. It's gonna be okay. Just ignore them. They go away in time." Emily frowned, whining as she sat beside me and wrapped me in a warm embrace.

"I just.. I didn't want this year to be like it was in seventh grade. Where I heard my name everywhere I walked and felt all eyes on me all the time." I groaned, leaning my head on Emily's shoulder as she rubbed my arm smoothly.

I hate hearing gossip about me. Because there was a time in seventh grade, a rumor spread about the girl who tripped down the stairs in a skirt and some boys saw. The boys teased her and the girls isolated her, thinking she lifted her skirt on purpose and wanted attention. That girl was me. The whole year I spent days crying and I didn't wanna tell my mom, because I felt like she wouldn't believe me.

I never wanted attention. Especially like that. It's pretty childish, but it was the worst year of my life.

"Don't worry, girly. It's going to be okay." Kyle sent me his signature grin, gleaming his perfectly white teeth.

"To be honest, if I were you. I'd chose Alec." Riley suddenly spoke out of the blue. I blinked. Where did that come from? We all stared at her blankly, confused by her choice of words in the conversation. She stared at us and laughed lightly.

"Well to be honest, I don't trust that Braden guy. He seems pretty suspicious if you ask me. I mean come on, you meet someone in a library and all of a sudden start going to the same school as them and haven't even met them for a long time and you suddenly confess feelings? Seems pretty strange. But you've known Alec since first grade. That's natural." Riley pointed out matter a factly.

Kyle, Emily and I all made the same face.

🤔.

Like a lightbulb lit in all of us, our thinking caps processing through our minds.

She did have a point. I met Braden only a few weeks ago. And he suddenly caught feelings?
To be frank, I don't understand Braden nor Alec, I'm uglier then shit.

"Alright!! Get into your groups we're going to start Dodgeball!" The instructor yelled.

The gym groaned.

"Shut up, you lazy bums! Now get your fat asses into your groups!" He growled.

We all mumbled incoherent things under our breaths and walked to the center on the gym.

"He shouldn't be talking with his bald, big pot belly head ass." Kyle snorted. Riley, Emily and I went into a fit of giggles.

I heard the gym doors crash open dramatically. Heads turned towards the person who just made their grand entrance. And no surprise here, none other then ..

Alec Morris!

My mouth dropped.

Oh my pickles!

Come on, life you must really hate me. Like do you just sit on your cloud and look at me and say, "well this girls story is too boring, lemme just mix it up a little bit." And just laugh at everything you make happen.

Immediately, his dark eyes connected electrically with mine. My breath hitched, leaving me breathless as we gazed into each other's eyes. What is this? Twilight?

It's been two whole days since I've even stared at him like this.

I couldn't quite get the emotions that flashed through his brooding eyes since he looked away and went straight up to the coach.

I didn't even notice the game had already started. I couldn't get my eyes off him.

He looked.. good. That black T-Shirt making his chest bulge as well with his large perfectly sculpted muscles. His lips a nice shape, plump and a dark pink. Totally kissable. His jaw tight covered in little sprinkles of his beard.

My hand made contact with my mouth, not believing what I was thinking. Woah wait, am I drooling? I looked back towards him and found his eyes looking at me again, a small smirk spread across his face.

Jerk. I glared softly. He caught me.

"Maya!!" My mind went back to reality when I saw a red round perfect knockout ball aiming at me full speed.
Before I can even make a single move, everything went black.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Kitten." A strong deep voice, silky and sweet ringing through my ears softly.

"Kitten." The voice repeated.

"Yes, dada?" I moaned, fluttering my eyes open. I came in contact with dark navy eyes, jolting me to properly open them and yelp. There stood Alec Morris in all his beautiful glory, smirking down at me.

"No, kitten. It isn't 'dada' it's daddy. And you won't be moaning it much, more like screaming." He eyed me as I sat up slowly. My face completely became tomato red, how embarrassing can I be?

"Wh-what happened?" I asked. He sighed, pushing himself only slightly away but still close enough for his legs to touch my knees. I was sitting on a white bed. I was in the nurses office.

"You got knocked out.. by a Dodgeball, again." He made a poker face.

Hm. No wonder this felt like deja vu. I shook my head slowly, sharp pain agonizing in my head. He sighed, handing me some painkillers and a small cup of water. I took them from his hand which sent a pleasing chill down my spine. Geez, all I did was brush his hand.

"You need to be more careful. I don't like you playing in that, you're always getting hit and with how fragile you are..—" he began.

"It's not like you care." I mumbled under my breath but I'm pretty sure he caught it since he semi slammed his hands next to my legs on the bed and leaned closely to my face, his minty fresh breath fanning my face. I must look like an actual tomato at this point.

"I do care."

"You have a hard time showing it." My voice suddenly left my throat. I was shocked with myself, but I didn't let it faze my expression. Alec closed his eyes, his brows furrowed like he was thinking hard on something. Then he reopened them, revealing so many emotions.

Weakness. Desire. Adoration.

"Why do you make this so difficult? Why do I have to feel so much for you..?" He asked himself more then he was asking me. His questions did pop a question mark on the top of my head though.

"Your  eyes. Your smile. Your laugh. Why does that have to make me so damn happy? When you talk, why does my heart have to beat so hard? When you talk to other males, why do I feel like ripping their throats out? Why do I want you to be mine so bad?" He questioned sounding more confused then I was and trust me I was pretty damn confused.

He brushed his fingers against my cheeks softly, making sparks to explode around the area. I leaned in unconsciously, not able to control my body.

"You're so prefect." He leaned in, cupping both my round full cheeks.

"Alec.. why do you keep doing this? You tease me. You hurt me. Then you say things that make my heart sky rocket." I suddenly confessed. "What do you want from me?"

"You." He stated firmly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. My eyes widen.

"Since I first met you, I thought you were beautiful. I wanted to make you mine. Then I met you in first grade and so on. And your stubborn cute actions made me realize .. I love–."

"Maya?"

Our heads snapped to curtains where it connected with the nurses office and the resting rooms. Then he walked in.

Braden.

Oh pickles..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 150 111
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
219K 2.7K 50
Four years. That's how long it has been since Sebastian saw his best friend's sister Maya. She was the sweetest seventeen year old girl you probably...
292K 5.3K 44
Whitney Gordon will defend her family at all costs. If people shout names or say mean things just because she has two dads, well they can all go to h...
161 9 10
Luna returns from being homeschooled to going to a proper school that not only is famous but to her horror finds out that her childhood bully goes th...