Nothing More, Nothing Less (A...

By CharlotteLuvs1D

Maya Hartman was never into One Direction. The twenty-six year old girl, living alone in an apartment in New... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 *
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 *
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 *
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 *
Chapter 10 *
Chapter 11 *
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note :)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 *
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 *
Chapter 41 *
Chapter 42
Author's Note
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Author's Note
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Author's Note
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Author's Note :)
Epilogue
Sequel!!

Chapter 85

45.3K 319 42
By CharlotteLuvs1D

hey everyone! this is the last chapter before the epilogue :( i'm so sad that it's ending, but i'm kinda happy about it too :) all good things must come to an end, right? i think so... :) so i hope you like the last chapter :) and sorry, i was supposed to upload these sooner, but i had no internet this weekend :\ sorry bout that... but anyway, ENJOY!!! comment, vote, and fan if you like it!!!! thanks so much my loves <3333 i luffles you all!!!! :D

That night, Harry and I were lying in bed together, trying to fall asleep. Well, I was trying to fall asleep. Harry was sleeping unusually quietly next to me. I couldn’t fall asleep though. I’d been laying here for over an hour, just staring at the ceiling and around the room. Harry moved a little in his sleep and tightened his grasp around me. I tried closing my eyes and falling asleep but they just shot right back open.

            “Harry…” I whispered. I ran my hand through his hair to try to wake him up. He stirred a little bit but fell back asleep. “Harry,” I whispered a little bit louder this time. I kissed him a couple times and his eyes slowly opened.

            He pulled me closer to him and the sides of our noses touched, “Mmm… what’s wrong love?” he asked in his sleepy voice.

            “I can’t sleep…” I whispered, my lips brushing his with each word.

            He sighed a little bit and moved his nose so that it barely hit mine, “What’s wrong?” Harry’s eyes were half open and looked like they were going to close at any second.

            “I just… have too much on my mind…” I said quietly, making my forehead touch his. I loved being this close to him. It made me feel safe… and loved.

            “What will make you fall asleep?” Harry whispered, ignoring what I just said.

            “I don’t know,” I shrugged a little bit.

            Harry started to rub my back and sides. He knew this always made me more tired. He knew every little detail there was to know about me. And, now that I’d gotten out of the hospital, we’d gotten very close to one another. I mean, we were close before the accident, but now we were practically inseparable when we weren’t working.

            “Shh…” he cooed and I buried my head in his chest, still not completely able to fall asleep.

            “Harry… when I was asleep for all that time, I was able to hear your voice,” I said out of the blue.

            “Mmm… we’ll talk about it in the morning love,” he whispered.

            I nodded and he continued to stroke my back up and down. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I didn’t feel him stop until I was completely asleep.

TWO MONTHS LATER

            I stood on my toes to whisper in Harry’s ear, “I like this one…”

            He smiled down at me, “Me too,” he said quietly. I felt him take my left hand in his right. We were at our second open house. The realtor was giving us and a couple other people a tour of the house. It was an amazing one too. It was in Upstate New York and it wasn’t too big or too small. It could probably fit a family of four or five. But, I didn’t want to start thinking of kids yet. No, I couldn’t wrap my mind around that yet.

            Once the tour was over, Harry and I thanked the realtor, told him that we were interested, and walked back to our car that was parked down the street.

            I climbed into the passenger’s seat, still getting nervous whenever I sat in one. I was afraid we’d get hit by a truck again. But, Harry was a safe driver and that would never happen.

            I turned to look at my husband, “So… are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

            “I want that house too,” he said with a smile.

            I nodded, “Is it too expensive though?”

            “Its fine Maya; we both want that house and we’re going to buy it.”

            I laughed, “Okay… I’m excited Harry. And guess what?”

            “What?”

            “You’re going to let me help pay for it, okay?”

            He nodded and turned the car on. It came to life and Harry started driving down the road.

            “I think we’re going to like it here,” I said looking at the neighborhoods surrounding us.

            “Me too,” Harry said quietly. We were silent for the rest of the ride to the guys’ house.

            Harry and I stood in the middle of his kitchen once again and I looked up at him with sad eyes.

            “Maya, you know I can’t stand it when you look at me like that,” my husband said.

            I didn’t say anything and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my nose into the collar of his polo shirt. He rubbed my back reassuringly and I closed my eyes.

            “We’re going to love our new house,” Harry told me. He pulled away from the hug and held me at my waist, “Okay?”

            I weakly smiled and nodded. He flashed his brilliant smile and moved his lips to the side of my neck. I felt some of his soft curls touch the side of my cheek, but I kept my eyes open. I was too deep in my thoughts to come back to reality. I groaned and pulled away from him.

            Harry looked at me, confused. He held the sides of my neck and looked into my eyes, “Hey… what’s wrong?”

            I shrugged and looked at the hardwood floor to my right. He moved my head back to face him, but I averted my gaze.

            “Maya,” Harry whispered and he caught my lips in his. I pulled away after a couple seconds and stepped back. He looked at me clearly disappointed.

            “I… I think I need to go lay down,” I said quietly.

            “Okay,” Harry said. I turned around and stepped out of the kitchen. I was about to walk into his room when I got a massive head rush. I held onto the doorframe, trying to steady myself. Before I knew it, the whole room started spinning and within a matter of seconds, I fell to the floor, my entire world going black. Again.

            When I woke up, I was lying on Harry’s couch. My eyes opened slowly and I saw Harry sitting in the seat next to the couch. I jerked myself up into a sitting position and looked around the room.

            “Maya,” Harry said coming to sit next to me.

            “Oh god… How long was I out for?”

            “Around half an hour. You scared me.”

            “Sorry,” I mumbled.

            “That’s okay love,” he said rubbing my left forearm, “How are you feeling?”

            I still had a bit of a headache and my throat was very dry. I was about to stand up, but Harry seemed to read my mind and beat me to it. He walked into the kitchen to get me a glass of water. He handed it to me and felt my forehead with the palm of his hand.

            “You’re still a bit warm,” he said. I blinked and he sat back down next to me. I slowly sipped my water and put it on a magazine on the table next to me.

            “I can’t believe I passed out,” I said more to myself than to Harry.

            “The doctors did say that you might pass out during the next few months out of the hospital.”

            I sighed and curled up next to Harry. He put his arm around me and I eventually moved into his lap.

            “That scared me…” I whispered. I was seriously afraid I was going to be out for another month again. I didn’t like being in the darkness.

            “Me too Maya,” Harry said softly, “You’re okay now…”

            I closed my eyes, “I love you Harry.” I felt like I really meant it when I said it. I loved Harry more than any other person in this entire world.

            “Now I just need you two to sign here and here,” the realtor said handing Harry a pen. He signed his name on the sheets of paper and then handed it to me. I did the same thing but I had to stop and think about my signature since I wasn’t used to writing Maya Styles yet. I put the pen down and slid the paper over to our realtor.

            “Congratulations you two,” he said with a smile. A huge grin spread across my face and Harry took my left hand in his. He handed us a pair of keys. “Enjoy your first house.”

            I put my right hand over my mouth. I couldn’t believe it. I just bought a house with my husband.

            “Thank you so much,” Harry said grabbing the keys. We stood up from the table and our realtor walked to the front door of his office with us. He told Harry some more things that we’d have to do, but I was too excited to catch all the details.

            “Bye Michael,” I said when he was finished going over all the details. He laughed and said goodbye to the two of us as we walked down the hallway and out of the building.

            We drove back to our apartment building and Harry parked our car in the parking garage on the block behind it. We walked together into our apartment building and saw David at the front desk.

            “David!” I exclaimed and the young man looked up at me.

            “Hey Maya, Harry,” he said with a smile.

            “We bought a house! Like a real house!”

            “No way! I’m so happy for you two…” he smiled sincerely at us.

            “Thanks! I’m so excited!”

            “Good! You should be… so I guess this means you’re leaving your apartments,” David said looking at the two of us.

            “Yeah…” I said frowning.

            “That’s okay,” David said with a smile, “It was nice seeing you two together.”

            I smiled and Harry squeezed my hand, “We’re going to be moving out in a week or two,” he explained and David nodded.

            “Congratulations,” he said as we walked over to the elevator. We said goodbye and travelled up to the eighth floor where our apartments were. We walked down the hallway together and into mine. We slumped down in the couch and turned the TV on.

            “Can I have the remote?” Harry asked.

            “Nope,” I said with a smile, flipping through the channels. He waited a little bit before he kissed me. I let myself slip into the kiss and he grabbed the remote from my hand.

            “Cheater,” I said with a smirk.

            “You have to be more aware of your surroundings,” Harry teased.

            I sighed and let him go through the channels. He didn’t find anything either and eventually just turned off the TV. He looked at me.

            I sat cross legged on the couch and just simply looked at each other. It was as if we were having a stare down, only we weren’t really in a contest. All of a sudden, a huge clap of thunder sounded outside my window and I jumped a mile in my seat. Rain started pouring down in buckets and I ran to close my window. I joined Harry back on the couch and I felt my heart beating faster. I was terrified of thunderstorms. I know, it sounds pretty pathetic for a twenty nine year old girl to be afraid of thunderstorms, but it’s just the way I am. Another clap sounded and lightening was visible in the sky.

            I put my face in my hands and prayed that the storm would stop.

            “Maya…” Harry said slowly.

            Even more thunder sounded and I jumped.

            “Oh Maya… Come here,” he said and he pulled me into his lap. I hid my face in his chest and just buried it deeper into his t-shirt with every clap of thunder.

            “I didn’t know you were afraid of thunderstorms…” Harry whispered in my ear.

            “You’ve never been around to see me during one,” I whispered and another clap of thunder went off. Harry tightened his grasp around me and I didn’t want him to let go. I didn’t want to look away until it was over.

            “Maya,” Harry whispered when he realized I was gripping onto his shirt.

            I shook my head and tried taking deep breaths. The storms lasted for around ten more minutes and poor Harry had to hold me in his lap, trying to calm me down. It was very difficult though, considering I jumped at every single sound of thunder. When it finally died down, I slowly pulled away from his chest.

            “Is it over?”

            Harry paused and we both listened for a little bit, “I think so…”

            I breathed a sigh of relief.

            “I didn’t know you were so afraid of thunderstorms,” Harry said.

            I took another deep breath, “Ever since I was young…”

            “Aww,” he said kissing my forehead, “Don’t worry… I’m always here for you.”

            I smiled weakly.

            “I’m forever by your side,” he whispered back, “I’m never leaving.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 488 55
*COMPLETED * check the sequel YOU&ME! ///// Olivia is just back from a world tour with her best friend Niall and for the first time in 5 years, he's...
247K 6.9K 28
"Please just let me stay here. I have nowhere to go." I beg him standing at his doorstep. "Why would I?" He snaps. I feel so small,so lonely and cold...
4.1K 173 49
Cheyenne and Kayla are living their dreams. They are living together in a small flat in the middle of London; both studying what they think is their...
6.2K 200 47
Normal, nope. Crazy, definitely! This fanfic is anything but normal. Now you'd expect the whole typical going to a 1D concert and seeing Niall glance...