My Best Friend's Brother: The...

By Ally_da_Great

#2 in the controlling tag(26th Sept 2019) #4 in the 15 tag(4th Nov 2020) #62 in the ex tag(28th Sept 2020) #1... More

Chapter 1: Problems
Chapter 2: The Request
Chapter 3: The Proposition
Chapter 4: The Decision
Chapter 5: Interview
Chapter 6: Panick Attack
Chapter 7: An Apology??
Chapter 8: Own Personal Bodyguard
Chapter 9: Ugh! Interview
Chapter 10: Date??
Chapter 12: Graduation Day!!
Chapter 13: La Vin Rouge
Chapter 14: On An Entirely New Page
Chapter 15: Flashback
Chapter 16: Chloe's Past...well Part of It
Chapter 17: Breakfast
Chapter 18: The Humphreys
Chapter 19: Dinner with the Humphreys
Chapter 20: Trip?
Chapter 21: Miami
Chapter 22: Revealing Secrets in Miami
Chapter 23: Outing Day
Chapter 24: Weird Number
Chapter 25: Jealousy
Chapter 26: Christian's Truth
Chapter 27: The Choice
Chapter 28: Running into the Ex
Chapter 29: Threat
Chapter 30: Wedding Prep
Chapter 31: Sexual Feelings
Chapter 32: Jake
Chapter 33: The Shower
Chapter 34: It's Time
Chapter 35: Vows
Chapter 36: Mrs. Chloe Humphrey
Chapter 37: Wedding Crasher
Chapter 38: Honeymoon
Chapter 39: Chloe's Island
Chapter 40: New Home
Chapter 40.5: I see you
Chapter 41: Positive
Chapter 42: Surprise
Chapter 43: Relentless
Chapter 44: Art Show
Chapter 45: Mike
Chapter 46: Lisa
Chapter 47: Found at Last
Chapter 48: Rain
Chapter 49: Moment of Truth
Chapter 50: Epilogue
Thanks and Information
Sequel!

Chapter 11: The Beauty, the Beast and the Banquet

1.7K 53 0
By Ally_da_Great

Chloe:

I was just finishing up my homework when Rachel busted through my bedroom door. "Do you know what time it is?" she scowled at me.

I rose a brow at her and shut my book. I looked over at the clock. "It's noon." I said in a duh tone. She rolled her eyes and pulled me out of bed.

"Yeah and Christian's picking you up at exactly 4pm. That gives me exactly three hours and forty minutes to get your hair and makeup done plus your bath." She stated and shoved me inside the bathroom.

"Get your ass cleaned. Quickly." she ordered with a pointed look.

I sighed and did as she asked. I didn't really have to stay long, considering I took a bath an hour ago. After putting on underwear and my bra under my robe, I exited the bathroom drying my hair.

"Okay, my future sister in law. Let's get you looking like a smoking hot princess." Ray smirked, twirling the curling iron in her hand.

                •~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Wow. That's all I could muster right now. Wow. My naturally large curls we're now curled smaller and fell perfectly on my back with small blue flowers weaved through them and a blue flower wreath went around the front of my head from ear to ear.

My make up was done professionally; a shiny, silver eye-shadow covered my eyelids, mascara coated my eyelashes and a light pink lipstick complemented perfectly on my lips.

The dress looked perfect along with the silver stilettos I wore. My silver locket and a pair of diamond studs finished the look with my silver clutch. I looked perfect.

Looking over at the clock I saw that I still had ten minutes till Christian arrives. I turned around to Rachel, "Thank you, Ray."

She smirked, "Yeah well, I should go into this profession after we graduate." I nodded and we headed downstairs, Rachel ahead of me.

"Ms Santiago, Lisa, Lisabeth. I would like to present to you the new and improved, Chloe." I heard her announce. I shook my head but continued on anyway.

My hand was gliding along the stair rail was continued down, feeling nervous. I've never dressed like this before and I don't know what they'll think.

I stopped at the the top and smiled down at the shocked look on my family's face. "I ought to throw a party in your honor, Ray." Lisa told my best friend.

Lisabeth pulled on her mother's jeans. "Mommy, is Aunt Chloe a princess?" she asked. Everyone laughed at her little comment.

A knock on the door had Rachel smirking up at me. "Oh, I wonder who that could be."

I rolled my eyes at her and waited patiently for the door to open while slowly descending the remaining stairs. "Crissy!" Lisabeth cried and flung herself at him.

Christian gave her a small smile, "Where's your aunt, little one?"

She pointed in my direction and his eyes immediately snapped to mine as I stepped down the last step. It was like time froze. His eyes travelled down my body and back up making me blush and duck my head, shyly.

I glanced up in time to see him handing my niece to her mother and striding over to me. He took my left hand in his and placed a tender kiss on the back of it. "You look beautiful, this evening, Chloe." he complimented me.

If possible, my cheeks grew even more red. "Shall we get going, now?" he asked, now standing at his height.

I pulled my hand back, gently and gave him a little nod. After saying goodbye to mom, he led me outside and opened the back door of a limo.

I looked at him confused. "You aren't driving tonight?" I asked hesitantly.

"Do not question me, Chloe. Get in the car." he retorted in a clipped tone. I quickly did as he asked to avoid myself from getting a yelling, and he got in after me. As soon as the door closed, the car started to move.

I made sure I was on the other side, away from Christian, leaving a huge space in the middle. I didn't want to annoy him any further.

It was quiet for a while; me looking out the window and Christian engrossed in his work. I assume it's work because he's on his laptop.

"I will be drinking tonight." he suddenly said. My head whipped around to face him. He was still looking down at the screen so he was clearly talking to me.

"What?" I whispered. I saw his eyebrows furrow and he answered. "Earlier you asked a question and the answer is, I will be drinking tonight so my driver will be doing the driving."

"Oh." I answered and went back to looking out the window. I felt a poke on my shoulder and looked back in time to see him pointing to seat next to him.

I hesitated but slowly started gliding over closer to him. Impatient as ever, his arm quickly shot out to wound around my waist and pulled me to him.

I let out a shriek of surprise and took a deep breath to calm my surprised heart. "Would you prefer suite or a luxury suite?" Christian suddenly asked.

I looked up at him but he still wasn't looking at me. "What are you taking about?" I retorted.

He simply turned my head to face the laptop. I looked down to see that he was booking a room at the Palm Beach Resort. Why would he want my opinion?

I shrugged, "I don't know. I've never left this town so I have no idea which would be more accommodating."

He glanced at me briefly, "I guess it's the luxury suite then." he muttered to himself.

I was still trying to figure out why he asked me such a question when he closed his laptop and tucked it into the pouch in front of us. "Okay, we're here. No talking to other men unless I'm there, don't accept any drinks from anyone and stay with me at all times. You hear me?" he ordered and I nodded immediately.

             •~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"Hi, I am Fred Alister. CEO of Electro Corp. It's nice to finally meet you, Ms Santiago." the man said holding onto my hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

Christian quickly took a step back and glowered at him. "I'll prefer you not touch my fiancé." he said in clipped tone. "It sets a bad example for everyone."

Mr Alister smiled anyway.  "That's alright, Mr Humphrey. With a fiancé like that I'd understand your insecurity." Mr Alister winked at me and walked away after that.

"Come on. Let's get to our table." Christian mumbled. I could feel the fury wafting off him but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want his anger directed at me next.

Once we were seated he stared at me. "Tell me about yourself, Chloe." he practically ordered.

I looked at my hands. "Well, as you know, I'm still in college. I'll be graduating in four days with my masters a in Fashion and Art. I like the color blue, I prefer to eat fast food and snacks, I like to sketch, sew, cook and dance. And looking at the stars for constellations. That's pretty much it." I said in one go.

"What about you?" I mumbled.

I didn't look at him, my hands seem so interesting right now because I'm sure he won't answer. "You know my name, age and companies I own, obviously. I don't have a favorite color, or favorite food mainly because I'm too busy to actually eat and I don't have hobbies."

That's when I finally looked up at him. He was stoic as ever. "You don't have favorites?" I whispered in disbelief. He scoffed as if I offended him and pulled at the lapels of his suit jacket. "Oh please. I'm a businessman, I'm not suppose to have favorites."

"You're... boring." The words came flying out my mouth unintentionally and I immediately tried to fix what I said. "I'm sorry, I should keep my opinions to myself."

He smirked, "Really? I find your opinions quite interesting." Amusement laced his tone and my eyes widened in shock. Did Christian just make a joke? With me? It was silent after that. He'd rendered me speechless.

"What time will your graduation ceremony start?" he asked after some time. I nervously tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "Uh... at... um...2 o'clock."

He nodded. "Are you ready to order?" a waiter asked breaking our awkward-like conversation. I nodded, "I'd like the shrimp scampi with just the slightest bit of pepper and refill on my apple cider would be nice."

The waiter nodded and turned to Christian. "I'll have what she's having but I'll like red wine."

"Your orders would be with you in a second." the waiter said before walking back to the kitchen. "Say, have you been here before?" Christian asked as soon as he left.

I froze but didn't take too long to gain my composure. "Why do you ask?" I shot back instead of answering.

"You didn't need to look at the menu." he pointed out.

"I came here with a um... friend once. I was so bored, I memorized the menu." I said quickly, forcing a laugh. He rose a brow at me and leaned forward. On instinct, I leaned back, further into my chair.

"Hmm..... " he hummed and sat back upright. "I say you're lying. You've been here more than once and....that person couldn't have been 'just a friend'. Tell me the truth."

"Look, it's personal.... alright?" I sighed, "That's a story for a later time."

Christian narrowed his eyes but didn't get the chance to say anything as our food arrived. After I thanked the waitress, we started eating in silence.

I felt weird. Like, probably how Belle felt having dinner with the beast for the first time. I chuckled softly at that. What an ironic way to describe my situation, not that I'm any beauty. I'm just saying.

I mean can it get anymore cliché? Beauty and the Beast at a Banquet. Ha! I've really gotta stop reading those books on Wattpad.
"Care to share what's so funny, Chloe?" Christian asked pulling me out of my childish thoughts.

"It's nothing." I mumbled. He simply rolled his eyes and went back to eating. Hehe.... he truly is the Beast. I think that's gonna be my nickname for him from now on, Beast.

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 35.1K 59
"Oh God!" I moaned pretty loud believing neighbors could hear that. "That's right Bella, I'm your God." He said in his silky but yet dominant voice...
1.2M 39.7K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
429 46 16
"I know you feel the same for me, what I feel for you, stop feeding your little brain with lies and let your heart speak the truth" _________________...
516K 9K 56
***Highest Rank: #3, #5 & #1 in Romance Fiction (09/27/2019), (05/18/2021) & (11/24/2021 - Present), #1 in stephenjames, lovemarriage, siena, czar, m...