In Pursuit of Justine

By dawndwrites

Justine McKay and Brandon Corwin ***** Brandon Corwin was handsome, with stunning grey eyes and Attorney at L... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

4.5K 307 126
By dawndwrites

Justine (Six months Later. . .)

The day before our wedding, Cecilia took me, Megan, Avalon, and Liliana for a day of beauty.  All of her girls. . . .

We were pampered from head to toe. We had mani/pedi's and the works.

She sipped a glass of champagne. "I just want to say how much I love you all, and I'm so thankful that my sons chose you for their wives. They are so much wiser than their mother." Cecilia began to cry.

We all got up and hugged her and wiped her tears away.

"It's okay Grandma, don't cry." Liliana wrapped her little arms around her grandma so tenderly.

"I just wanted to apologize again Avalon, for my actions against you in particular. It's how I was raised by my mother and her mother before her—It was unthinkable to marry outside of our Socialite circle. It just wasn't done." She placed her hand on Avalon's face, and met her hazel eyes in a heartfelt apology.

"I have truly forgiven you. I put myself in your place and I understand, Mom." Avalon burst into tears and wept in an embrace from Cecilia.

We all dissolved into tears and were so thankful for this woman giving birth to three amazing sons.

After we dried our eyes, Cecilia handed us each a box with a bow. "I got these gifts for all of my daughters and my granddaughter, as a small token of my love for you."

We opened the boxes and they each contained a gold heart shaped locket with our names and wedding dates engraved on the back.

"That is the date that each one of you officially became my daughter, and granddaughter." She smiled proudly and held her arms open to embrace us all in a group hug. She went out of her way to do something so special. We all appreciated our lockets and her willingness to change and break the cycle she had grown up with. That took great humility.

We had the owner of the salon take our pictures with our cellphones. It was truly a memorable day, before my wedding day.

Justine (Wedding Day)

Brandon and I had a beautiful wedding and reception at Tavern On The Green, in New York City. That venue had a special meaning for us, because of its breathtaking views of Central Park.  It seemed so fitting since we were engaged on a carriage ride here six months ago.

My sister, Megan, and Avalon were my matrons of honor. Chance and Alex were both, Brandon's best men. His big brothers were his best friends. My favorite niece, Liliana, was a flower girl for the third and final time. She said, she was done being a flower girl after this. We all laughed about that. But we know she had to be thrilled, that she was in all three of our weddings.

My brother, Max, came to our wedding with his wife and their two children. It was amazing sharing this special day with my siblings . . . we had been apart for most of our lives. It was truly an unexpected gift to be reunited with our brother.

I had to keep reapplying my makeup. I've never cried so many happy tears in my life.

Brandon, made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world when he saw me walking down the aisle. The look of being awestruck by him made me not able to concentrate on walking. I've never had anyone look at me like that.

He looked devastatingly handsome. His very presence was so commanding, that I froze down the aisle. 

Brandon met me halfway. "Would you like to marry me today, Miss McKay?"

"Yes Corwin, of course I want to marry you," I whispered as my heart pounded.

"I just wanted to make sure, I didn't need to go into the private investigation business again." He winked roguishly at me.

"You have to keep walking down the aisle," he brought my hand up to his lips, and placed a soft kiss on it. I got goosebumps.

Brandon walked me the rest of the way down the aisle, where we were pronounced husband and wife. He gave me a heart stopping kiss, that was a little longer than usual. I blushed like crazy when he broke the kiss. Everyone applauded, whistled, and cheered. Some women sighed.

We danced our first dance as husband and wife. We swayed to the music and I could only see Brandon. What a beautiful sight he was. No one ever made me feel this wonderful.
                                                                          * * *

Brandon planned our honeymoon as a surprise. He took me to London, England. He knew that I've always wanted to go there. We stayed in a romantic Castle. It was magnificent and filled with history.

"Is this Castle to your liking, Milady? If not—just say the word and we'll find another one." Brandon looked a me with such a passionate gleam in his eyes, that spoke volumes.

I was undone by the sheer look on his handsome face. "This Castle will do, Corwin."

He brought my hand up to his lips. "I'm happy it pleases you." He winked with a heat that made me melt into butter.

We toured Manor homes along the English countryside and I finally made it to Hyde Park. What an incredible experience to share with my husband.

We took the train from London to Jane Austen's 17th Century home. It was in a Hampshire Village, where she created Persuasion and Emma. Today the home serves as a public museum, that provides an in-depth look into her literary career.

We went to Pemberly, Mr. Darcy's Estate in Pride and Prejudice. Many Scholars believe that Jane Austen based her idea of Pemberly on Chatsworth House. It is the shooting location for the 1995 film adaptation. I absolutely love that movie—I made Brandon watch it, when we were dating.

We had afternoon tea in The Regency Tea Room in Bath, England. It's a must do, to enjoy afternoon tea like Jane and her heroines. For the ultimate Austen experience, we ordered the popular "Tea with Mr. Darcy." It includes finger sandwiches, homemade cakes, a warm scone served with clotted cream, seasonal jam, and a pot of tea.

Brandon, made the dream of a lifetime come true for me. I had my very own Regency romance book hero by my side for a whole week.

It was one of the most amazing times of my life. . . .

Two Years Later. . .

We lived in the guest house at Grandma Corwin's house, until we bought our first home one block away. Chance and Avalon bought the house next door to us.

Megan and Avalon, both gave birth to two precocious little boys one year ago. Alexander Corwin II and Chancellor Corwin II.

I gave birth to Gregory Brandon Corwin, six months ago. Brandon and I decided to name him after Brandon's father. Everyone was thrilled, especially Cecilia. Baby Gregory is the apple of her eye.

Liliana is thrilled to have a little brother and two boy cousins. She is the one and only girl, and she'll be happy to keep that title.

Cecilia is delighted and beside herself with her sons, her daughters-in-law, and her four beautiful grandchildren.

The family has grown so much over the past three years. I'm so thankful that I get to be part of it. I would never have imagined this life for myself—with my husband, our son, and the rest of our Corwin family.

I even had the privilege of being reunited with my sister, Megan, and our brother, Max.

I awoke to the most remarkable sound . . . it has become like music to my ears. Hearing it makes me sigh, every time.

"What do you think happens next, Gregory? Let's find out while Daddy reads . . ." Brandon read low and sent chills to every nerve ending in my body. I love the sound of his rich baritone reading. Gregory, sat on Brandon's lap chewing on his fist. He's teething now and was trying to sooth his gums. He's been fussy, but Brandon still keeps reading.

Brandon reads to Gregory every night before bed. That's their bonding time and nothing interferes with it. 

He still reads to me too. I pour our glasses of wine, after Baby Gregory goes to bed. We cuddle on the couch in the living room—in front of the fireplace. Brandon reads a couple of chapters each night from my favorite book.

"What book would you like me to read tonight?" Brandon looked at me with the most charming smile, as he took a sip of wine from his wineglass.

After he sat his glass on the table in the living room, I leaned in and thoroughly kissed him. He put the book down and kissed me back.

"What was that for?" Brandon asked in a whispery voice.

"For being you—the best husband and father I could ever have asked for," tears threatened to spill from my eyes and Brandon hugged me.

We sat side by side on the couch, as he read one of my favorite books. I reveled in my life with my husband and son.

I appreciate this gift of love and family that I've been given. All because Brandon chose to be, In Pursuit of Justine.

                                                                      The End

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this final Book in The Corwin Brothers Series. I loved Justine being a feisty Heroine to Brandon's mischievous playful side.  I ❤️ ❤️❤️their witty banter. Please turn to the next Part to see All 3 Book Covers and Descriptions of the Stories, if you've missed any of the Books in this Series. Thank you for letting me tell Chance, Alex, and Brandon's Stories in (The Corwin Brothers Novellas ~ Books 1, 2, and 3). These are all works of Fiction.

                                        ~Please Don't Forget to Vote/Comment~
                                                   I Appreciate Your Support
I hope you enjoyed the ending, please let me know. I love hearing from my readers! ~ Dawn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 7.2K 28
Life couldn't be sweeter for Eden and Zach. After a whirlwind romance, the outgoing hairstylist and shy lawyer dream of a bright future together. Bu...
28.1K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
118K 6.1K 21
Avalon Brooks and Chancellor Corwin. (Avalon Brooks) is a part-time barista at a trendy coffee cafe in Midtown Manhattan. She is hoping to get her bi...
59.4K 3.9K 31
Kendall Prescott and Greyson Carrington. Can a broken heart ever truly heal? Kendall Prescott is looking forward to her wedding to the handsome Mark...