Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

51. 'Queen of Hearts'

4.4K 242 50
By NeelamMenghani

Navratri ki shubhkamnaye!

Aap sab kar Matarani ki kripa sadeev bani rahe!

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Lost and Found]

Niera's POV

"Because he is." Miss. Mahri—yah shrugged speaking nonchalantly.

Jerry who was until now enjoying his coffee started coughing hysterically.

My subconscious wanted to roll its eyes but conscience twitched its palm before ordering eyes to search the water.

I did as I told; like a practiced soldier I found water, ran to fetch it and provided to the needy civilian; I mean my friend.

He drank water shooting a steel gaze at Miss. Mahriya—h and cured his coughing,

Once I felt he is fine and ready to talk I sat back, holding my cup of coffee, I continued the discussion.

"What?"

"Because I like wolf." Jerry provided as answer.

"You like wolf?" I asked him smiling for some unknown reasons.

"Yes." He nodded monitoring my strange reactions.

"Even I like wolf." I murmured encircling the rim of my mug.

"Since when sweetie?" Miss. Mahriy—ah piped in.

"Last night." I murmured reminiscing the majestic creature.

They both gave me amused responses which made me blush.

"Um! Sweetie, you had to discuss something with Mr. Revin don't you?" Miss Mah—ri—yah initiated.

I looked at her only to find she was gesturing me toward him with her dancing eyes.

Oh yes!

I looked at Jerry who gave us curious gaze.

"Jerry! Tiger told me about her birthday being on this Sunday." I put the mug down concentrating my complete attention toward him; my gaze was serious but bleak.

"Oh yes, we'll celebrate it. You are coming too." He said nonchalantly; visibly relaxed at the topic.

"She doesn't want to celebrate it." I announced; analyzing the effect I left on him.

Jerry whose cup was about to be placed on his mouth stopped midway as he kept his gaze transfixed on me.

I knew I had to continue but don't know how.

Sighing, I gathered my courage and spoke looking at him intently.

"She—I talked to her, she was upset. When I asked the reason she said, she don't want to celebrate her birthday because her Dada is very busy these days. He is not having proper time to rest and that's why she won't disturb or trouble you for her birthday." I spoke the reason of her perturbation; Jerry seemed guilt and pained hearing this.

His gaze casted downward hiding the guilt which was brimming on his eyes. Miss. Mahriyah too sacrificed her grin at this point and kept a sober face.

I kept my hand on his hand to offer comfort.

"Jerry I don't know but I too am the reason for this indirectly." I accepted in a small voice.

His head shot up and I was aware what was coming next from his genuine kind self.

"No—"

"Let me finish." I cut him off sternly before continuing.

"Jerry, we always forget to live life fulfilling our commitments but Jerry, we live and earn for our families and if they can't get our presence and comfort in their lives then what is the meaning of this earned money." I gave his hand a soft pat before retrieving my hand.

We sat in silence as I allowed him to swallow my words.

"You are a wonderful person, a great father and a hardworking employee. But in your race to give your perfect attention toward your responsibility at office, you're sidelining the little soul whose whole world revolves around you."

Words and explanations aren't needed to express the bond between the father and daughter, while one is ready to sacrifice his soul, other could sold her happiness for the first.

God bless their unconditional bond!

Taking a deep breath, I straightened and announced, "I have assured her that her Dada will celebrate her birthday for her and spend his day relaxing and enjoying with her and I want to fulfill my promise to my Tiger. Will you allow me to do so?" I kept my gaze at him in a requesting manner.

"I want to help—"

"We want to." Miss. Mahri—yah jumped.

Both providing him our best innocent and pleading gaze.

"I'll look after the arrangement and all if you want me to and if you're comfortable." I offered when his gaze didn't waver from me, not ready to break his silence.

"Thank you." He only whispered holding deep emotions in his dark brown eyes. His eyes glistered a bit causing me frown and conscious.

"For?"

"Being here for my daughter." He answered stretching his lips to form a smile as gratitude and respect flaunted in his eyes.

I tilted my head at his words before forming my straightest face.

"Dear friend, she isn't just your daughter, she is my Tiger too. And I'm doing this for her. So shall I take it as you permission Dada?"I asked wriggling my brows in amusement. My motive was to being the lightness in the atmosphere which was losing to gravity with all this heavy emotional talk.

It did the magic Jerry smiled along with Miss. Mayriy—ah who replaced her sober face in her ever delightful grin in an instance.

"Sure Aunt Bambi." he grinned; causing Miss Mahriyah to grin widely while I sat pouting but my smile leaked.

We shared our moment of grin before Miss. Mahriyah chose to laugh and we shared a confusing look.

"Let's discuss the details after office, we are getting late. Shall we?" I announced looking the clock in my wrist.

Watch, people name it.

Yes, watch!

"Yes please."Miss. Mahriyah agreed leaning forward to collect the cups. I was about to help her when Jerry's voice got my complete attention.

"Niera thank you for being there." He said with gratitude brimming in his eyes.

I looked at him deadpanned.

"Jerry maybe you should write is somewhere so you'll remember it." I started to state in intimating voice. Jerry gave me 'I'm approaching your perspective' look while Miss. Mah—ri—yah was curious to know as her ascending arm toward the cup halted with my announcement.

"There is no Sorry and no Thank You in Friendship."

Jerry bowed at me while Miss Mahriyah looked happy but puzzled.

"I'm not the Queen." I frowned at his bow and his statement.

"Indeed you are." Someone announced from the door startling us. We snapped our gaze to the intruder.

It was a surprise.

Queen!

***

NIERA'S POV

Visits: an unexpected visit.

Surprise holding the arms of a known face smiling at me with sheer interest and pure affection.

There stood the unexpected guest, Dr. Baron who was standing at the threshold with a charming smile crafted on his handsome face.

My surprised gaze found its relief as a smile stretched on my lips greeting the warm Personality with us.

"Indeed you're a Queen." He repeated his words strolling inside the room. We stood from our respective seats to greet him while my mind was pestering me to dig out the meaning of his statement.

Queen!

"The Queen of our hearts. Well said Bambi, I'm so proud of you." He announced aloud; his enunciated version of announcement caused me to blush.

His warm smile and friendly aura webbed the atmosphere to another layer of comfort.

"Doctor! Good Morning!" Miss. Mah—riyah squealed distracting my mind and gaze.

When I inspected her squealing form, I found she is palpitating with excitement rubbing her hand softly like a kid does when he is rewarded with some candy.

Man! Where is her energy source?

Leave her how do you create such rubbish comparison?

"Good morning Miss. Dovin." Dr. Baron smiled at her greeting politely.

From my peripheral view, I found Jerry standing a little in discomfort as if in a trance witnessing Doctor here.

Now what happened to him?

An idea struck me as I looked at my elbow expected-ly but was thrown out by the open window with a painful howl of my elbow muscles.

Woman your last time wrestling wasn't enough that you're planning to break your bones this time. The pain we received from last time is still there. My elbow muscles seethed shooting daggers at me.

I left the idea concentrating on Jerry who was now looking at Dr. Baron with such deep intense gaze like a cop look at potential culprit.

Dear god, maybe I should have let him sleep some more time. My dear friend has become a potential zombie.

I crashed all the preposterous thoughts in bin before concentrating on Dr. Baron.

"What a pleasant surprise Dr. Baron." I let my delighted smile to flaunt on my lips.

"Same here Bambi."

"Please have a seat Doctor." Jerry said coming out of his trance.

We took back out seats and doctor took a seat beside Jerry which was in front of me and Miss. Mahriyah fidgeting on my other side.

"Awe! Queen of Hearts!" Miss. Mahriyah gushed at Dr. Baron's previous announcement.

"Indeed she is a Queen." Jerry agreed; I turned toward him only to witness he was looking at me with pure adoration and respect.

I felt my cheeks heated in blush; the attention and their words gracing me with.

"Well it's nothing; you haven't heard her handling Tiara!" My ears peeped up hearing the next squeal from Miss. Mahriyah.

Dear God!

Absolute numbness raked my body finding the meaning of her sentence.

I snapped my gaze at her for not revealing the core details but the lady was so enthralled in excitement to even read my 'Message Board' face. She was busy displaying her brighter than life grin and excitement twinkling eyes where were waiting to spill out the reason of her excitement.

Well, a reminder to self: never, never ever talk in front of her.

"Bambi, would you like her to share your last night's experience with us?" Dr. Baron spoke interrupting my darting gaze from Miss. Enthusiastic; he must have read my glaring gaze at her.

I turned to face him and found only assurance and comfort flicking there.

My anxious heart found a sense of comfort in them before I allowed my mouth to announce.

"Sure." I spoke in a small voice.

His lips curved into another charming smile before our attention was diverted toward the over enthusiastic personality sitting as our company.

Miss. Mahriyah chapped her hands to show her enthusiastic zeal before her face was displaying her grin which now crossed the sea of her ears.

So with the wind of comfort and atmosphere which ruled light delight; she initiated the detailed repeat telecast of last night's event.

If you think she just detailed the conversation than you're absolutely wrong because this 'Detailing' contained the details which could put a cinematographer into shame, from the food in plate left untouched to where exactly we sat, she had recreated the exact scene in our imagination.

I was at awe of this lady and her terrific multi skills.

How lovely it would be if every witness could details the scene of crime for cops. They would be proved so helpful.

Unfortunately all are not blessed with such detailing skills like her. My subconscious lowered its head in disappointment.

So with a lot of detailed details Miss. Mahriyah shared the conversation, while I sat gawking others held multiple expression, I wouldn't name them all but prominent were affection, surprise, love, respect, amazement and dedication.

I found myself shrinking in my chair receiving such deep overwhelming emotions in abundance.

Finally she concluded with another deep sigh, I found myself taking a sigh of relief for self, thinking it was over.

But there I was absolutely incorrect.

When am I ever correct?

The more was waiting for me with batted breath.

I was fidgeting with the chain of my wrist watch; I felt absolute silence before some shuffling. I raised my curious gaze to get the view of scenario. Suddenly Dr. Baron stood holding his warm gaze and came to my side, he patted my head lovingly holding the 'lake' of emotions.

He never uttered a word but his eyes pronounced so much that was unexplainable for me to comprehend.

My overwhelmed gaze went to Jerry whose eyes were brimming with unshed tears which found mine and his traitor tears were ready to escape the boundaries but before one can cascade down; he shot up from his seat and left toward the window.

His behavior sent me to the edge of bafflement but deep down I knew how he was feeling. Though, at a daughter's place, I knew how it felt.

Perhaps, that's why I could make Tiger understand!

Or it was just another justification I provided to self on Father's behalf.

A thick bile rose in my throat ready to spill out my buried emotions; wetness met my eyes breaking my strong resolves, at the moment I felt weak, shattered.

No, no Niera. You shouldn't remember past in tears. Just leave it buried!

You aren't weak, you are strong. You must not let those tears weak you.

You're strong! My heart allowed me to break free from the clutches of my grief.

I composed myself shielding my eyes away from others.

Once the turmoil inside me was calm, I faced my friend who stood away cradling his unshared pain.

I turned my face at Dr. Baron seeking answered but he just cupped my cheek softly and encouraged me to attend my friend with his soft smile.

Unaware of the sudden change in my friend, I strolled toward him and put my unsure shaking palm on his shoulder.

"Jerry?" I called anticipating his response.

He never answered; his face was facing away, he was staring at the beauty but his mind was lost somewhere else.

"Jerry!" I called again; the purpose was to gain his attention but what after that. I was utterly blank.

I was waiting for an answer earnestly but my dear friend chose not to honor me with an answer.

"Life has a beautiful way to surprise you, just when I thought I lost everything, life surprised me sending you for us." He spoke still facing the dense forests; his words were distinct, deep and harbored to distance.

True!

I pursed my lips not reaching the core of his talk. I shifted my head slightly to hold the reactions of others present bodies. From my peripheral view, I found Dr. Baron lost in his own thoughts and Miss. Mahriyah cradling a sad face.

What does he lost to put him in grief this much?

Why Jerry is graving for, something important or someone close?

My conscience was seeking queries to voice out but my concentration was fixed on my lost friend.

Now I understand why he and Tiger are so kind and generous. The one hold the pain inside them can never see others in grief. God put them to flames to illuminate others.

Just like Mom and Prince.

The vague reminder brought me to the rough stance of present.

I placed my hand on his arm to turn him which competed to the task of turning iron wall.

I searched his gaze which was stealing away. Sadness leaked through his features like reliving the aches of past.

"You're great Queen." He bowed lowering his gaze leaving me to the pit of perplexities.

Huh?

"Jerry!—"

"I never knew one could be this Kind." He met my gaze and sparks of mirth were dangling in his words.

I stood stunned and stupefied at his instant change.

Shaking my head I repeated his words to process in my slow processing mind.

I knew he was hiding the cascading truth in his humor, I won't lie I wanted to know but I also knew the knowledge of this pain we be in his hand and he along with Tiger will disclose it someday.

I knew there was a heavy meaning hidden in his words, wrapped into grief which he was not ready to open up.

Wait, did he just call me kind?

After being aware of the fact that this word irks me?

My face hardened at the realization and gravity dawned at me.

I gave him my best intimating dramatic gaze that eventually made him freed his chuckle, he ruffled my hair in a teasing manner but his hands halted when he came to sense of his doings but there the lost is done.

I gave him my impassive deadpanned look to which he blanched, gulping; he looked at me apologetically opening his mouth like a goldfish.

The atmosphere which was until now sailing on the boat of thick tension and intense emotions, now, stalled in anticipation.

I flared my nose before took a step toward him for which he took a step back.

"Did you just mess with my wavy beauty?" I asked in a dead serious tone; narrowing my glass wearing eyes.

"Ac—Niea—Sorr—I—was—" he babbled incoherently from which the word only came out whisper clear – 'Was'.

"What?" I implied pressured on my vocal cords squinting my eyes to further level.

He started palpitating before his breath stuck at my raising hand toward him.

The room busted in laughter from different mouths when I hands went to Jerry's hair and I messed up his silky back short hair.

I grinned while he choked his expressions to fear, bafflement and shock.

I must say it was a difficult task to mess his short hair which were not ready to move from their respective position.

"Never mess with my Beauty waves." I warned him holding my leaking grin pointing my index finger at his nose.

He merely nodded still riled up in his puzzled expressions.

"Cheer up Man!" I patted his shoulder only to glare at his iron armor body.

Man now I really doubt his diet.

"I think everything is normal now, right Jerry?" I asked him raising my brow.

"Yes Aunt Bambi." He saluted speaking in a soft voice. I could only smile at my dear friend.

Thank god everything is normal!

For now baby! The day has just begun. A very vile part hiding in my brain commented drowning my momentary joy.

"I'll get coffee for you, Doctor." Miss. Mahri—rah announced gaining my seething attention from my mind to her.

"That would be very kind Miss. Dovin." Dr. Baron smiled politely.

"Mah—ri—yah, you sit I'll prepare coffee for Dr. Baron." I offered standing from my seat.

"Oh no, Sweetie. I'll prepare it. Don't worry." She denied standing and leaving.

"Jerry I suggest you get to get ready." I turned to Jerry ordering him.

"Yeah! I have to check on Tiara too. She'll be awake anytime now." He agreed.

Jerry too left leaving me with Dr. Baron.

If for any other person, I would have been awkward but with Dr. Baron it was far comforting.

"So Bambi, how are you feeling dear?" Dr. Baron came straight to point; shifting his focus on me. I had to laugh at his doctor personality.

"I'm perfectly fine doctor. How are you?" I asked him stretching my smile.

"I'm good dear." He answered smiling before his gaze went to my neck.

My smile faded anticipating what was coming next.

"How is your wound?" he asked; all traces of humor and delight were now replaced by his serious professional demeanor.

I pursed my lips in thin line before shifting in my seat and answering.

"The pain is subtle but it's still there whenever I touch there it stings the same." I offered the honest answer.

He sighed looking the area intently from a distance; his expressions resembling stressed.

"Is it really a bug bite?" I asked gaining his attention; he gave me a look before proposing his query.

Maybe I'm over thinking but I was never convinced a bug could create such disastrous harm.

"It seems so dear." His voice was losing conviction which made me frown.

He isn't sure?

How so?

"But I'll find the reason and root of this wound." He spoke audibly. There was a deep intense promise in his voice.

I could only nod averting my eyes toward the sparkling emblem engrained on the wall, peeping through the pale curtains.

A V!

A Valentine!

He cleared his throat to grab my attention. I shifted my gaze along with my attention toward him offering a smile.

"Any other else you are facing part from this—" his voice dissipated in wind but his eyes conveyed his message.

"No nothing too much, I just can't focus on screen for a longer period, whether my laptop or Mobile." I answered leaning back submerging in the comfort of hard chair. Keeping a reminder in mind to take my Laptop along with me; for further inquiry.

"Okay, let me see your glasses." He asked leaning forward in his chair, I gave him the glass and my world was lost in vague blur images.

"I would suggest you keep this on for some time and come for a checkup—" his suggestive speech halted with a ping of his cell. Soft chimes resonated catching our interest.

He excused himself to check the message and a broad smile broke into his frowning serious face.

I sat in leisurely enjoying and interpreting the face of charming doctor held receiving the message.

And it was something that amused me; the fair face held the bright smile and eyes twinkled in a raw excitement.

I bit my lips to conceal my own smile and comprehending powers.

"Smiling is good for health Bambi." Without breaking his gaze from the screen of his cell, Dr. Baron spoke. His words dragged me to the valley of wonder wearing a cap of frown.

He raised his brow and my smile escaped with my words without my sanity's permission.

"Let me guess, the love of your life?" I asked leaning back further in my chair wearing the glasses he offered and instructed me to put on as he put his attention back on our conversation.

"Fair enough, my life." He corrected me. I smiled wholeheartedly witnessing the love and shark his eyes held mentioning about his lady.

Or rather!

"Your Wife." I rather stated than asking.

His expression as I read was asking me 'how'.

I pointed my finger toward his hand and stated, "The ring and—" raising it toward his face, "That charming smile crawling over your lips reading that message."

"Yes, Impressive Bambi." He appreciated before we both chuckled.

"She is very luck." I whispered feeling the positive spark between them.

"No, I'm lucky." He corrected me.

"They both are lucky." We were interrupted by the third voice which belonged to Miss. Mahriyah.

"Fair enough." I said; he agreed.

Miss. Ma—hriyah entered and offered the coffee mug to Dr. Baron while I busied myself to peep on the design she made for him.

The design was his french bread dominating face but I guess she messed his mouth enlarging his two teeth.

But he still is looking good.

Yes, a handsome Vampire I would call the drawing.

"Thank you Bambi." He announced with a smile and I gasp, bit my tongue and cringed.

I was saved by Miss. Mahriyah who initiated the talk diverting our attention.

"You know Niere, the mention of Mate brings the flood of happiness to us. You can see me for instance." I turned to face her before taking another sip of my coffee mug which had my face like image designed.

I'm impressed by this multi talented lady.

"Me and my Octopus, his mention being the blush on my face with this charming smile." She blushed grinning.

Dr. Baron seemed unfazed by her comparison while I couldn't help but let myself defeated under the chuckle ready to escape my mouth.

Just tell me when you don't grin Miss. Mahriyah; I just love this ever delightful personality of yours.

"Awe dear! You're such a darling. But don't say this in front of my Shark; he can't tolerate someone saying such romantic things to Me." She spoke turning to another darker shade of crimson leaving me gawking.

Choked the hot in my throat, did I just said that loud?

She'll remind me of all the aquatic creatures we find on earth today.

Dear god, how I love to dive in the depth of pacific ocean toady and have lunch with seashell and star fish.

"Wait Mate? You mean Husband?" I hold one word from her explanation deliberately leaving the moment of embarrassment behind.

Just then Jerry made his grand appearance with Tiger in his arms saving me from further embarrassment.

Tiger was cocooned in his arms while his arms were holding her dear to life. The sight itself made me smile warmly.

But I guess Tiger was eager to leap to meet me as she raised her head from Jerry's embrace and grinned widely at me before jumping squealing my name.

I welcomed her in my arms securing her small frame in my arms kissing her forehead. I dared not looking at Jerry as I could guess his facial expression and I was not ready to face another emotional episode of morning.

"So, shall we leave?" Miss. Mahriy—ah asked; unsure-ity was lacing her voice. We all agreed nodding as Dr. Baron finished his coffee.

"Aunt Bambi? Tiger gained my attention.

"Yes baby." I asked caressing her cheeks as she hid her face in my neck. Dr. Baron and Jerry were cherishing the moment with an adorable spark in their eyes.

She raised her head to look at me while I gave her a quizzical frown.

Her eyes communicated and I understood her inquiring gaze.

With one curt nod I assured her and a huge grin broke on her face as she tickled me for a hug.

I reciprocated the love while looking at Jerry whose eyes were glistering for some strange reasons.

I noticed his eyes but chose not to voice it out loud.

"Seems like Aunt Bambi is the new favorite of the town." Dr. Baron commented gaining our attention.

"Yes!" Tiger squealed in my arms before jumping in his arms.

We shared a laugh before Dr. Baron offered to take Tiger to Grammy's but Jerry denied and asked Dr. Baron if he could drive me. I tried to deny the offer as Miss. Mahriyah was also going to the same route with a stop which was her home but Jerry and Dr. Baron suppressed my opinion with their majority holding argument.

Jerry chose to drop Tiger and I took it as they needed some time to spend together for preparations and sort the matter. The smile on Tiger's face was something to bring light in darkness.

She hugged me once and Jerry nodded with a smile, they left after Jerry somehow ordered me pleading to have breakfast in office and meet Sir Gerard regarding the further proceedings.

God, bless me!

***

GIDEON'S POV

Sometimes life changes with a snap of finger.

I thought crossed my mind as the enormous building came into view through the window.

Every day I used to look at this building with a sense of emptiness but today, heart skips a beat looking at my workplace.

A smile crawled on my lips as her gasping face from last night appeared in my conscience.

Her face flaunting her surprise and amazement!

The way her eyes twinkled at Royce when she saw him in his massive form. Her face was submerged in surprise while she eyes were sparking looking the giant creature in front of her eyes.

I lost control over as her fragile palm clutched over the metal frame. Her wondering eyes rebelling against the thunder lightening to stare at the giant creature in front of her.

I sighed wished if she could be a companion for our journey.

But she is our Companion for life King. Royce's suggestive remark brought smile to my face shaking my head at his words.

Indeed!

I gave a glance at the crown of the building, the pride of my Kingdom and the name of our entity was shining in the bright rays of sun.

A V!

I sighed as her face ruled my mind. Averting my eyes, I tried to shake away the pain the image carried along and tried to concentrate on present.

Only Miracle's face reappeared calming my agony.

Stepping out; I nodded at Darien who bowed holding the gate for me.

"Good morning Majesty."

"Morning Darien." I nodded at him before the guards bowed as I entered along with Darien since Gerard was already there with Raymond regard the detailing of Vault.

I headed inside; people stood on both side creating a path bowing their head.

She isn't here yet. Royce noticed sniffing the air which lost the presence of her soft calming scent.

She'll be here soon Royce.

I know King. He answered but I sensed the hint of disappointment in his tone.

With long strides, I made my way toward the lift; holding a brisk glance at the Emblem. But my ascending strides halted sensed the intoxicating solacing scent in the air.

Miracle!

"Mr. Valentine!" I heard my name being called. The soft voice that is our solace; My Miracle.

Warmth and peace spread to my chest as her scent mingled in the air dominating the comfort in the surroundings.

I turned concealing the smile that was taking place on my lips.

My eyes fell on her soft fragile figure which was coming toward me; Darien took a step forward with the motive to stop her but my hand halted him.

Miracle seemed visibly blanched at the intercession but composed herself witnessing my hand.

"Miss. William." I nodded acknowledging her presence.

Her long waves were bouncing as she took rushed strides toward me; her heart beats are loud and clear to my ears, as I felt them going haywire; changing their rhythm as she frame coming closer to me.

"Good Morning." She greeted with her soft smile.

Indeed it is a good morning. Royce spoke as he admired our Miracle and her bright features.

I couldn't agree more.

"Morning Miss. William." I greeted back.

Her lush lips stretched to another extent as a light shade of tint crawled upon her neck. She stood in front of me but her fidgeting finding words to continue the conversation.

I allowed myself to smile looking at her haywire form. Not wanting her to flush further I opted to initiate the conversation.

The elevator arrived announcing its presence.

"Shall we?" I asked gesturing toward the waiting elevator room. Few faces peeped but my gaze turned their prying heads.

"Huh?"

She seems taken aback.

"You would like to work from your prescribed cabin or should I shift your stuff here in reception." I asked enjoying the dance of her facial muscles on my words.

He eyes knitted before went wide. Blinking, she shot me a steel gaze before turning toward the adjacent elevator.

"This way Miss. William." I gestured her toward the Private lift.

"But—"

"Any problem?" I asked raising my brow daring her to cross.

She just shook her head. We both entered the lift and the door closed.

Silence ruled around us fro me her heart beats were soft music resonating in a loud rhythm. Through the glass metal, I witnessed her stealing gaze toward me.

Why is fidgeting so much today?

Tell me when she doesn't.

You don't say that King! I sighed at Royce's protectiveness for her.

But before I could come up with a retort her soft breath intercepted my concentration.

"Mr. Valentine!" I heard her calling; I was waiting for her to open up because her eyes were holding different questions which she was desperate to ask.

I turned my gaze to her through the metal glass wall, showing her that she has my complete attention.

Her eyes weren't on my face but searching my wrist.

Without a word, I knew the reason of her frowning worry.

Royce chose to flaunt a smile while I allowed myself to stare at her concerned face.

Finally someone has concern for us.

Miracle!

One word Royce spoke and our shattered hopes were answered.

One word – our Hope, our Heart; Miracle!

Her hands flee unconsciously moving toward me; I followed her moves as her hand went to my wrist. She pulled my hand out of my pocket examining it. I saw her lost examining the wound while I was losing myself in her.

"How are your wounds?" she asked; concern ruling her voice; her soft fingers tracing the outlines of the affected area.

Pain was awaking in me but her healing touch was stronger than the anger of Alicia.

Her eyes and face told me she is unaware of her act.

"It's healing." I answered sincerely looking at her intently.

Indeed it is healing.

She nodded absently; lost in her thought but her gaze didn't waver from my wounds.

She sighed; not ready to leave the contact; I couldn't agree more enjoying the jolt of spark erupting through the touch.

Suddenly I felt her pulse hiking before I lost the comfort of her contact, conscious of her act she left my arm softly before I witnessed her cheeks hating at realization.

I felt Royce smirked holding the delight of effect we have on our Miracle.

"You had breakfast?" she asked suddenly; the traces of embarrassment and blush were prominent ion her face yet she made an attempt to act bold.

Impressive!

I stood quite enjoying her curious awaiting gaze.

King, you must answer her.

"No, I'll—"

She was looking like a volcano ready to erupt with my monosyllable response.

"Mr. Valentine—" she stopped her enraged words before her mouth closed and she averted her eyes away from me staring at the metal floor of elevator.

'Allow me put some sense in you.'

She murmured under her breath while glaring at my cufflinks.

I narrowed my eyes felling Royce laughing at her delightful innocence.

Concealing my own smile that was fidgeting to spread on my lips, I faced her.

"You had your breakfast Miss. William?" I asked throwing the question at her.

She blanched before frown and shaking her head negative.

"Good, then you might company me." I announced as complete surprise took over her.

The same moment the door of the elevator split distracting her bemused stance.

The elevator door opened completely and I strode outside waiting for her to follow.

She obliged to my awaiting stare lost in her own daze.

We headed toward the private lounge were I asked her to order for us taking our respective seat.

She looked surprised but my intense gaze was enough to oblige.

"Ma'am!" the server offered her the menu; her nervousness and bafflement were visible in her etiquette but she was trying hard to compose herself.

"Um!—" she seemed confused while ordering while the server stealing glances at us.

She ordered the same dishes for us; vegetarian. The server looked at me with unsure gaze.

He trotted out earning a glare from me.

So our fawn is Vegetarian. Royce mused.

I'm not surprised. I answered.

The plates were served but she seems lost in her thoughts; his fingers not touching the food but softly drumming the table.

What is she thinking?

About last night. I mused gauging her soft features lost in her own world.

"What happened, Miss. William?" I spoke gaining her attention; she raised her head to look into my eyes before lowering her gaze.

"Something is bothering you." I stated rather than asking.

She didn't look up but whispered.

"How do you know?"

Because we don't need words to look into each other's heart.

Royce hummed looking at her intently; waiting for her to open up.

When she was silent; hiding her deep eyes I spoke, "Is it about yesterday?"

I chose my words wisely; inspecting the change they caused to her.

She looked up before sighing softly.

"Yes. It is." Her words were lost and entangled in her bafflement.

"Sometimes I feel the world around me is just a reflection. A fake mirage which is shielding the truth behind it. I feel lost and puzzled not knowing what I should trust and what I shouldn't. It's complicated, it's frustrating." She muttered in utter frustration and her words were mirroring the bemusement of her mind and agitation of the puzzling reality.

"What do you want to believe?" I asked her wanting to know her perspective.

"The answer for you reverie is simple Miss. William. Believe what you believe." I answered nonchalantly.

"It's not easy Mr. Valentine. My belief is taking me to something, somewhere which can't be possible. It's unnatural." She exhorted; putting her aggression and vexation in words.

My lips curved into a faint smile which made her frown.

"Why is it unnatural Miss. William? Because that's how sanity works." I shrugged.

The last night is ruling over her sanity.

That's exactly bothering me. Royce voiced his worry.

Her unconscious face is still fresh in our memory. I almost lost looking at her falling figure.

"Majesty!" Dexter's voice came from the door announcing his presence bringing us back to present.

I leaned backward as he strolled to our way bowing at me.

'I can to tell you about her but I see you have everything you needed.' He spoke through the link which I didn't honor to answer.

"Dr. Baron, I'm sorry I ju—" Miracle initiated only to be cut off by Dexter.

"It's okay child. I understand you were in hurry." He said as his gaze reached me as he concealed his smile.

"I just wanted to make sure you reach your destination but now I see you have." He muttered the last part which brought me to a smile while he allowed his smile to spread on his face.

"Huh?"

"Nothing dear. I must leave."

"Doctor, why don't you join us for breakfast?" she asked him out of courtesy before her head turned to face me with an unsure look.

Is she worried for our response?

Yes!

Doesn't she know we can never deny her anything?

I'm sure she doesn't and stop behaving like a child.

Royce growled lightly which earned him a glare from me before I concentrated on her.

"Of course Doctor. Have a seat." I spoke looking at Dexter.

"No Majesty. Thank you for the offer Bambi—dear but I'll let you two enjoy your meal." He smiled at her.

His words brought a light shade of tint on her face as she lowered her gaze hiding it.

Dexter witnessed it which caused him smile while I smirked.

"I shall take your leave." He turned to leave only to halted by her calling.

"Doctor!"

"Yes."

"Mr. Valentine's tablets and you have to do his dressing." She asked glancing at my wrist.

"Oh!" Dexter gave a brisk glance at my wounds before asking me through the link.

'Majesty'

I gestured him to continue.

"Bambi why don't you do the dressing, here." He fetched the kit before handing her.

"This medical kit. About the medicines, Majesty already has his medicines apparently in his cabin. Black will remind him. Just do the dressing." He asked smiling politely at her but retaining his professional demeanor.

Miracle gave him a different expression which was adorable before they talked with their eyes.

I crossed my arms waiting for this mystery to be unveiled.

"Well to be honest, you can handle him better than any of us." he whispered in her ears causing her to blush profusely.

"You can at least have a coffee?"

"I would have, but I have to meet Theodore and Sir Gerard and then I have to rush at WerePire." He explained her.

"Life's calling I guess?" she said in a teasing tone. They both shared a light chuckle forgetting the fact that they have a company.

I see she is already ruling hearts.

Yes, she is already a Queen!

"Yes Bambi. Will you—"

"Sure don't worry; I'll take care for here." She assured him.

He took his leave assured; leaving me in assurance for the well being of Miracle while delegating her, a task of her concern.

I guess let's finish the breakfast then I'll do the dressing." She announced; looking at me with her soft determined smile daring me to cross.

My gaze shifted to her as she shook her head retrieving her fork to resume eating.

I shifted my gaze back on my plate but the sound of glass crashing on the floor catch my attention.

I snapped my gaze and found Miracle collecting the shattered glass pieces from the floor and cutting her finger while doing so.

The smell of her blood ruled the air surrounding awakening my heightened senses.

I had to stop breathing in order to stand in the same room. I mind linked Darien to restrict the entries to this room before holding her gaze.

There was cut in her finger small but her blood was oozing out.

She can never sit straight. Royce seethed and I found myself agreeing with him.

"Mir—Miss. William leave it." I spoke strictly taking the glass pieces away from her fragile injured hand.

"Mr. Valentine, it's not—" she protested but my stern gaze kept her quiet.

She shivered before stealing away the contact.

With one stern gaze to quiet her, I started to treat her wound.

I was treating her cut which was fortunately wasn't deep but a small one. I felt her intense gaze which doesn't need any approval to know.

I raised my head and much to my surprised, I found her beautiful face adorning a delightful smile.

Why is she smiling after getting a cut?

My face mirrored Royce's confusion.

"Why are you laughing Miss. William?" I asked continuing my task to treat her cut.

She shook her head before trying hard to conceal her beautiful smile.

"The one who is holding deep wounds to himself is anxious for my small cut. Why shouldn't I laugh at this irony?" she stated with the same smile but her deep eyes were cradling deep emotions.

I was left stupefied at her words.

So much simplicity yet such intense command. I couldn't agree less with Royce.

Sighing, I shifted my attention from her dark eyes to her wound which needed attention.

Or it was I had no words to cross her.

Without looking, I knew she was looking at my face with her smiling eyes and fragile heart.

I cleaned the wound treating it.

"Thank you Mr. Valentine." I heard her soft voice but nodded looking at her bandage.

"Now your turn." She announced holding my arm with severe care.

"It's not necessary Miss. William—" I protested sternly looking at her fresh injury.

"Please let me." She insisted with her intense eyes.

Defeated under her charm and with an urge to spend time with her I agreed.

I nodded and her face broke into another bewitching smile. The happiness of her face was touching the stars of sky; brightening the light of surroundings.

When did you become a poet? Royce commented at my chose of words.

I was concocting a weary response but our Precious grabbed my attention and concentration.

Miracle was treating the wounds with utmost care; her eyes were concentrated on the deep wounds cradling the pain for me.

I smiled at her concern and the bond she respected and followed without her knowledge.

"Now why are you smiling?" she asked sternly holding a heated gaze.

"The one holding the ocean of kindness and innocence is worried for a lifeless stone. Now I find myself smiling at irony."

Her heated gaze turned into a steel glare as she chose to shot me with.

She left my hand, left the dressing task.

"When will you stop being harsh on yourself Mr. Valentine? You're not a lifeless stone. So stop behaving like one. And about being worried, yes I'm because you are so carefree and neglecting about yourself. You're a damn living being Mr. Majesty?" she almost screeched holding a dominating aura around her.

Though, I was amazed but a part of us was happy witnessing her care and concern for us.

"You feel the pain, you feel the agony, you're strong and you're capable but it also gives you the right to feel life. Look I don't know what, why and how but at least stop being so harsh on yourself because you're important and you have people and this kingdom to look after. So just stop being this—this difficult." She blurted her anger seething fire in her eyes. Her eyes held distress and pain which flicked in her words.

I could just look at her, lost in the purity of her heart and pain she bore for my words. Without knowing about any connection between us, aware of the fact that we are mere strangers, she thinks so much about me.

We are lucky to have her in our life. Royce spoke my heart as we lost ourselves in her pure and bewitching heart.

I'm smitten in her spell. I accepted.

Yes, I'm smitten.

Raising my arm toward her I gestured her to resume her dressing.

Still pouting, she narrowed her eyes at me before resuming her dressing task.

With utmost care she treated me while I found myself losing myself.

"Done!" she announced; leaving my hand.

"Thank you Miss. William." I offered smile but she still looked angry.

Why these females have to be so complicated?

"Mr. Valentine, for the last time you're not a stone. Keep this straight and clear to your mind." She said with a heated gaze.

"Yes Niera." I smiled accepting; her heart skipped a beat as she was forced to take a sharp breath before her composed herself and smiled.

I knew the effect it hold on her.

She smiled, her cheeks blushed, a wave of energy radiating on her face, a smile erupted in the winds of delight.

A smile to die for, a smile earned well.

Indeed!

"I think I must leave now." Her daze faded as she squirmed stealing her eyes.

"I'm sorry for keeping you like this; I must take your leave now. Thanks for the treat." She smiled standing up.

I leaned a little on my chair training my eyes on her.

"It's my pleasure Niera."

Her facial expression changed before her uttered her next set of words.

"Have a great day Mr. Majesty."

"You too Miss. William."

She turned and took a step before her ascending steps flattered and she turned. Her face glowing in the shine of life.

"Take your medicines and meal at time." She ordered holding stern gaze before a small smile crawled upon her face as she nodded and turned.

I like this Ordering Miracle.

I like every face of our Miracle.

We both couldn't agree more. A small smile stretched upon my lips looking at light of my life.

She is my hope and yes, I'm falling for it.

***

September 20, 2017

Surprise Guys.

'Queen of Hearts'

Here is another special update on 'Gidiera'.

Aren't they perfect for each other?

Many more mysteries are knocking at our upcoming parts to be revealed. Stay tuned.

Would love to read your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be greatly appreciated.  

**Update regarding the next update:

Guys, the next update will be sometime after Dussehra (September 30th). Till then enjoy guys and celebrate the festival called Life. We'll meet soon in October**

Take care.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
635K 20.4K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
569K 3.3K 7
"Why are you following me?" She eyes me suspiciously, like she doesn't trust someone wanting to say hello. "I want to know your name. Mate." There...
17.7K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...