Harry Potter and the Lost Hal...

By waywardsolace

Hera is infamous for meddling in other people's business. But when she takes it too far, this can lead to not... More

Introduction
The Prologue: An Unusual Meeting at King's Cross Station.
THE CHARACTER SUMMARIES
Part One: Hogwarts Gets a New Student
Harry
Part Two: The Sorting
Harry
Hazel
Jason
Piper
Percy
Annabeth
Leo
Nico
Will
Frank
Part Three: After the Feast
Harry
Hermione
Frank
Will
Nico
Leo
Piper
Jason
Percy
Annabeth
Hazel
Harry
Part Four: The First Day of Class
Harry
Hazel
Will
Percy
Frank
Annabeth
Leo
Jason
Piper
Harry
Part Five:
Harry
Jason
Percy
Hazel
Annabeth
Will
Frank
Piper
Leo
Jason
Harry
author's pov
Part Six
Magnus
Harry
Annabeth
Percy
Leo
Frank
Hazel
Will
Jason
Piper
Nico
Annabeth
Part seven
Harry
Piper
Magnus
Jason
Leo
Frank
Percy
Annabeth
Nico
Piper
Part Eight
Hazel
Will
Annabeth
Leo
Jason
Frank
Harry
Piper
Part nine
Harry
Hazel
Percy
Annabeth
Piper
Harry
author's pov
Harry
Part ten
Hazel
Frank
Leo
Will
Nico
Annabeth
Percy
Harry
SEQUEL
BLACK LIVES MATTER!

Harry

8.2K 180 409
By waywardsolace

I Meet the Second Harry Potter

HARRY: I was relieved to see that I had safely landed in someone's living room. Well--I was less relieved to realize that I couldn't quite see whose living room it was.

I had landed on my glasses.

Annoyed, I stuffed the now cracked glasses into my back pocket, making a mental note to ask Mr. or Mrs. Weasley later if they could repair them.

"Fred, George! I swear to Merlin, if I heard one more explosion from that bedroom I will take away your wands!" I very clearly heard the voice of Mrs. Weasley calling from the other room. I smirked to myself. Fred and George Weasley were infamous for trouble and trickery.

"Wasn't us, mum!" One of the twins called from upstairs.

"I'll believe that the day Dumbledore shaves his beard!" Mrs. Weasley called back.

I chuckled quietly and lugged my belongings out of the fireplace, not wanting Mrs. Weasley going through the trouble of dragging my bags. This was a difficult task to do without my glasses, but I tried my best. I had double checked to make sure I had everything. When I noticed I wasn't alone in the room, I stopped abruptly.

A pale boy was standing at the entrance of the room, staring at me with a strange expression. His dark hair, which almost fell over his eyes, gave me an uneasy feeling. Could this perhaps be the guest that Ron had mentioned in the letter? I wondered, who was this boy, and why did Ron want me to meet him?

"Uh, hello!" I greeted to the unusual boy.

He only stared back at me. Suddenly, I recognized him. Not from school, however, but someplace else. Strangely enough, I couldn't quite put my finger on who this boy was. The boy was familiar, that's all I could conclude.

The boy and I stood, exchanging blank stares for quite a long moment before Mrs. Weasley shouted something that made me suddenly, distantly remember who this boy was.

"Nico! I've made some lunch if you'd care to join us." Mrs. Weasley called.

Nico.

Nico Di Angelo.

I found myself digging through my mind, way back to a dream I'd had not long ago. Now, it seemed like a distant piece of a disorganized puzzle.

***
A dream, from only a few nights ago...

"Come on Nico, this is a stupid idea and you know it." A blonde haired boy rolled his eyes as a dark-haired and slightly shorter boy dragged him outside in the direction of a small lake.

"Come on, Will! Canoeing is our thing. Percy and his comrades left for their separate schools this week and this is going to be our final day together without the camp's rowdiness! No offense to those guys, but they drawl in a lot of attention! You leave for school in a day, Will! I don't want to not make our last day special."

The one called Will, who was now blushing furiously, seemed to finally oblige to Nico's plan. If not, a bit reluctantly.

"Okay, kid. I'll do it. But, promise we won't get in trouble!" Will lectured.

"Okay, okay! And don't call me kid, you know I hate that. I'm not much younger than you, and I'm damn well more mature." Nico smirked as the blonde giggled and took his hand.

***

I vividly remembered part of that dream, from not long ago, which was strange. Growing up, I'd often have trouble remembering where I'd set my glasses. Let alone, what dream I had dreamt. Perhaps such things changed when you grew up. But dreaming of someone you'd soon meet? That wasn't normal, and most definitely wasn't a regular part of growing up.

I knew this wasn't everything, though. It's as if seeing the boy had triggered a lever in my mind that had unleashed bits and pieces of dreams I didn't remember having. Somehow, I knew I'd dreamt about Nico, maybe even more than once. Why could I only remember parts of the dreams?

A person had said that two campers were missing. I couldn't remember the names...but I was quite sure Nico was one of them. Yes, it was all very clear now. Divination was one of my least favorite subjects at Hogwarts. The fact that I could be a seer of some sort was enough to make me snort butterbeer out of my nose in laughter.

The boy stared at me with a blank expression, seemingly perplexed. Once I had shaken myself back to reality, I noticed that I had been returning a similar look of confusion to Nico.

"Uh...Hi." I greeted. Nico didn't reply, again. He only stared at me with the same, dead expression. It was as though I had infuriated or offended him in some way I wasn't aware of.

Nico didn't look scared, nor did he look intimidated. He only looked...well...there wasn't quite a word for it. Angry, confused, and everything in between. Just like me.

The second Mrs. Weasley walked out into the living room, his attitude changed.

"Nico! Dear, would you like some lunch?"

"Of course, thank you Molly." He said in a thick, British accent. I was almost relieved to hear this when he spoke. The Nico I had dreamt about had a more American accent, with a slight bit of something else, maybe Italian?

"Oh, Harry! Welcome back, welcome back! Ah, you've frightened me! I wasn't expecting you this soon. No bother, let me call the boys to help you with your things--and your glasses! Land on them, I expect? No trouble there, let me see them I'll fix them up in a jiffy!" I handed her the broken glasses and she brought out her wand to repair them in an instant.

"There, better?" I put them on and looked around the room. Now Nico's expression of confusion was that much clearer.

"Yeah, thank you!"

"Harry!" Fred and George Weasley, the infamous pranksters walked into the room.

"Let me help you with your bag." Fred picked up my rucksack which contained an assortment of clothes I hadn't yet stuffed into my trunk, which Fred also picked up in his other arm

"And I'll take your empty cage--Hedwig's resting upstairs."

"Thank you. She's quite smart. I expect she knew to stay back here. Either that, or she would've flown straight to Hogwarts if she returned and I wasn't home."

"Of course! Smart owner, smart bird!" Fred winked, as he lugged my things up the stairs. George followed closely behind. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes and huffed behind me.

"Those two."

"Change in attitude?" I asked with a slight smirk.

"No, quite the opposite really. They've been up to a lot of mischief and tomfoolery lately! I've even threatened to take them out of Hogwarts! They're trying to change my mindset, make me forget all of the things they've done this summer! Never mind that, Hermione and Ginny are out in the Garden chatting over tea I'd expect. Ron's still asleep, of course. You can wake him up if you so please!"

Mrs. Weasley spoke so quickly it took me a moment to comprehend all that she had said. She worked hard at what she did, taking care of and keeping track of all of her children. Now she had three extras to watch after  me Hermione, and whoever this Nico boy was.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley. I appreciate it!"

"I've almost forgotten about the meal! Lunch has just been finished, you can join Arthur and I anytime you please!" Mrs. Weasley patted me on the head which made me smile. I'd missed the burrow. Mrs. Weasley leaned in closer for a moment. She whispered so Nico couldn't hear.
"Sirius is fine, if that's what you were wondering. He's been dying to write to you, but we thought it would be a bit of a risk."

"Where's he staying?" I asked quietly, so Nico couldn't hear.

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to tell you quite yet, but Dumbledore has told us you will be allowed to stay with him this Christmas break!"

Though Christmas break was awhile away, I was still beyond grateful. At least I had one thing to look forward to this year.

"Nico! You can join Harry upstairs if you'd like as well!" Mrs. Weasley encouraged.

"Uh, I think I'll stick with lunch, thanks." Nico walked into the kitchen without a last look at me, and without saying another word. Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"Well then. See you in awhile, Harry dear!"

"Thanks, Mrs. Weasley!" As Mrs. Weasley returned to the kitchen, the twins came downstairs.

"Is she gone?" Fred whispered.

"You're good." I assured. The twins sighed of relief simultaneously.

"That woman. Love her, but man. She's a handful." George laughed to himself.

"From the sounds of it, you two have been quite a handful. Anything to say, boys?" I said in a mocking tone, as though I were lecturing him. The twins laughed sheepishly.

"We lugged your rubbish into Ron's room. He was staying up all night writing to you, waiting for a letter, stressing mostly." Fred said.

"Poor us, we had to put up with his snoring half of the day. It's nearly noon and he's still asleep!" George continued.

"Why was the letter so urgent?" I questioned. "By the sound of it, Ron had something he needed to tell me."

Fred and George exchanged knowing glances.

"Yeah, we expect you'd better speak with him." George explained.

"Thanks guys." This made me nervous of course, and I had never been nervous talking to my best friend Ron.

I made my way to Ron's room and wasn't surprised to hear his loud snores through the door. I had been in a dormitory with Ron for the past four years at Hogwarts so far, this year would be five. I was all too familiar with Ron's endless snores. I didn't bother knocking. When you're friends with someone and you've shared a school room with someone for that many years, you've seen too much already. Knocking was just unnecessary.

"Ron?" I asked, after I opened the door. Ron rolled over in his sleep. For a second, it looked as though he had awoken, but he had only turned over in his sleep so his arm was loosely draped over his bed onto the floor.

"Weasley, up with it!" If I had been allowed at the age, I was tempted to use aguamenti on him. But sadly, since I was underage the worst I could do was shake Ron awake.

"Hmm? H-Harry?" Ron yawned. I stepped back as Ron rolled over off of his bed, onto the floor. Even though aguamenti would have been quite humorous, the fact that Ron fell out of his bed was even more funny then I could have imagined a situation.

I doubled over in laughter and Ron swore to himself as he stood up.

"Harry, pleasant surprise." Ron murmured.

"I wrote to you that I was coming! Haven't you received your annoying bird yet?"

He shrugged.

"Ginny mostly takes care of him. Explains why he's so annoying." He explained.

"Well I'm guessing you didn't invite me here to sit and gossip about your little sister," I said as I sat on Ron's bed. Ron sat on the floor with his legs crisscrossed, facing me as though he were about to tell a bedtime story.

"No, that'd be a bit strange." Ron laughed, but his expression became serious in a moment. "We should wait until tonight, once we're sure he's asleep. You, Hermione and I need to have a talk. I can't have that creepy death boy listening in." Ron shuddered.

"Death boy? What're you on about."

"Nico! He gives me the creeps. Met him yet?"

"Uh, we ran into one another in your living room. He isn't the most talkative." I recalled, leaving out the bit where I may have dreamt about him. I was in denial, simply. I didn't want to go creating more stress on myself, adding prophecies to the mix of things that posed as a potential threat to me.
"Who is he, anyway?"

"Our newest Hogwarts student and our first Hogwarts transfer."

"What?!"

"Shh!" Ron covered my mouth with his hand. Once I bit down forcefully, Ron immediately retreated.

"Merlin, Harry! You need to file those vampire-like teeth of yours."

"Hogwarts transfer?" I asked in a whisper. "What're you on about?"

"You know all of the weird things in the muggle news? The random attacks? Buildings falling? Etcetera?"

"Yeah, and I'm smart enough to figure that these muggle attacks aren't being done by muggles, are they?"

Ron nodded solemnly. "No one has died yet, is what the news keeps saying. Well, that's what everyone had been saying...until now."

"Boys! Lunch! Are you decent?" The familiar voice of Hermione Granger called down the hall.

"We're dressed, come in mum." Ron mocked.

"Haha, very funny Ronald." Hermione opened the door and her eyes lit up once she saw me sitting there. "Harry! I didn't know you were coming so soon, I thought Ron was talking to either Fred or George!"

"Great to see you too, Hermione."

"No! I just--"

"I know," I half-smiled. "I'm joking."

Hermione huffed. "Okay, whatever. But Ron you best get out here soon. I think your mom is going to go mental if someone else doesn't come out and eat soon. Fred and George are doing who knows what, and Ginny's washing up. Nico and Mr. Weasley are the only other two down there, and you know how...um...talkative Nico tends to be." The room got silent. Hermione and Ron seemed to have a silent conversation with me right between them, not catching on to what they were meaning to discuss.

As the three sat down at the dining table Mrs. Weasley's face lit up with joy. She handed them each a plate, and made sure to give me a bit of a larger serving.

Conversations at the Weasley family table were usually abundant. But today, no one seemed to be feeling particularly chatty. Nico seemed to be trying to have a stare-off with me. The entire meal, it seemed that every time I looked up those piercing dark eyes were looking at me.

Ginny and the twins did join the meal after a while, but conversations remained at a standstill. This wasn't usual for the Weasley family. Mrs. Weasley was the only person in the room who seemed remotely joyful about anything, but she had always been an optimist. Mr. Weasley was on edge, which wasn't normal for his usual energetic attitude. Fred and George were a bit anxious, seeming like they were in a hurry to get finished with their meal. They both finished their meals faster than anyone at the table and left the table first. Ron, Hermione, and Nico all seemed beyond tense.

I was more than happy after everyone was finished eating. I would have enjoyed catching up with the Weasley family, but they all left to carry on with their individual activities. Except for Ron, who pulled me and Hermione upstairs the second our meals were finished, without saying another word to any of his family.

After we were in Ron's room, he shut the door behind them and even went as far as to close the window blinds.

"That was rude, and I think Harry would agree! You could have at least thanked your mum for the meal."

"No offense Hermione, but my family's main concerns at the moment aren't revolved around proper manners." Ron looked around the room, even tossing pillows aside as though something may have been hidden underneath.

"And what are you doing exactly?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "He's searching, making sure Nico didn't bloody hex the place to listen in."

"What?"

"It's clear," Ron mumbled. "I think."

"Can someone please explain what's going on?" I asked, slowly losing my patience.

"Okay, Harry...I have a story."

Whatever this story was, I was crossing all of my limbs, hoping it wasn't anything to do with Voldemort.

***

"So, you know how there have been attacks, and no one has died?" Ron said. I nodded.

"Nico's house was attacked, which is odd. No house has been attacked directly yet. It's strange! And worst of all, his parents...they were killed." Hermione explained.

"Oh. Well, I know the feeling I guess."

Ron and Hermione were silent for a moment.

"That's not all. There were two torches left at his place, and you know how each of the places the torches had been left unlit? Well, these were apparently blazing by the time the muggle police arrived. They are said to be the start of the fire that killed his parents and destroyed his home. They were both squibs, apparently. But Nico was born with magic. They may have been attacked because they're squibs--but it's hard to say," Hermione said solemnly. "Now this has to be connected to you-know-who. It's as if he's un-silenced himself, he's rising again!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Back up. How did Nico end up here?" I asked.

"Well, my dad was at the ministry the day Nico was brought in. Dumbledore was there for a meeting of Wizarding education, and he said he would allow Nico to attend Hogwarts. The problem was that Nico needed a place to stay during the summer, he offered to take Nico in."

"Wait--why was Nico not attending a school already? Also, why do you two act as though he isn't to be trusted?"

Hermione and Ron exchanged glances once more.

"The thing is," Hermione spoke. "Nico was homeschooled apparently. Wizards are only homeschooled for two reasons: uncontrollable magic or they are a troubled kid. It's also odd to have two squib parents homeschool their magic kid."

"He also gives off a weird vibe," Ron shrugged. "He gives me the creeps."

"I don't understand." I mumbled to myself.

"The problem here is that doesn't this story sound familiar? A household, attacked. Parents are killed, but the son remains miraculously alive! He's also pale, no offense Harry, but he's also scrawny, and he's got dark hair...I dunno, maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but doesn't he sound like--"

"A second Harry Potter." I interrupted Hermione. "Great. As if the world needs another one of those for the ministry to attack."

"Don't say that mate," Ron consoled. "Have you seen the prophet? That's what they're calling him, the second Harry Potter, among other things."

"This isn't about me, it's about him! Why are you two so quick to judge him? Think he's a villain? I can see that look in both of your eyes. You're scared of him."

Ron and Hermione didn't say anything.

"He could have been homeschooled for many other reasons. Well, maybe his parents simply didn't have the money."

"Wizarding kids with non-magic, as well as squib parents, are given currency from Gringotts, usually more than enough for school supplies, Harry. I should know, I'm muggleborn." Hermione pointed out.

"Still, maybe his parents just didn't want him to go?"

"His parents are squibs, both of his parents, how could they homeschool him when they know little about magic?" Hermione asked.

I thought on it.

"Perhaps he's a good reader. He can self teach. I mean, most of our textbooks are rather descriptive."

"Harry." Hermione stopped me.

"I know. It sounds a bit far-fetched, but so is the idea that he's working for Voldemort!"

They both winced at the mention of Voldemort.

Ron cleared his threat.

"You're in denial. It's okay, it's understandable. After what you witnessed in the graveyard-"

"DON'T BRING UP THE GRAVEYARD!"
Cedric's limp form, Voldemort's wicked stare, and Peter Pettigrew's cackles were images and sounds that constantly crowded my mind. I didn't want to remember it. I didn't want to talk about it. I hadn't realized how loudly I'd shouted until George and Fred peeked their heads into the now dead silent room.

"Um, you alright in there Harry?" George asked. Ginny poked her head in behind them.

"Alright, get out you two. Give him some space." Fred and George both left, reluctantly. Ginny gave me a last apologetic glance before shutting the door and leaving.

This left Ron and Hermione to stare at me as I stared at the floor.

"What about the dream you had, Harry? You wrote about it in the letter. Has your scar been hurting?" Ron asked. I shook my head, not in the mood to continue this conversation.

"I'm going to bed. Wake me up tomorrow morning when we leave. My stuff has already been packed. I just want to have a normal year at Hogwarts for once...I doubt that's going to happen. Can you at least let me pretend everything will be okay?"

"You're acting like the minister." Ron mumbled. Hermione shot him a glare.

"Goodnight Harry, Ronald." And she left.

"I'm sorry mate. Just...get some rest. We've got an early rise tomorrow I suppose."

Again, I shook my head.

"You think he's strange? His parents were just killed, Ron. It's only understandable that he's a bit reclusive."  Ron still didn't seem entirely convinced.

"I understand that. It's just...maybe we should keep our distance. You know, at school. We've dealt with enough fighting evil in our time. If he's the target of some new, second you-know-who, I don't know if I want to be involved. I just want us to be safe."

"For being a Gryffindor, that comment was rather cowardly, Ron Weasley."

"I just want you, Hermione, and I safe, okay? Normal Hogwarts students have to worry about what score they get on their exams, while we're worried about the next potential threat! It's a never ending cycle. Man, I just want us to be safe!"

"I understand where you're coming from, I guess." I looked out the window. It was midday, but the clouds were already starting to darken. A storm was coming. "The thing is, I have a feeling none of us are going to be too safe anymore."

After a long moment, Ron sighed. "You said you were kept up most of the night by Pig's squeaking? Well, I should probably go and let you sleep. I guess I'll wake you up when we leave tomorrow morning then."

Everyone slept uneasily that night, Hermione in Ginny's room, me in Ron's. Nico had been offered Bill's old room. Fifth year of Hogwarts was to begin soon, but I had a feeling that school examinations weren't going to be the only thing we had to worry about this year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 18.2K 77
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
WE βœ“ By Em

Fanfiction

70.9K 2.6K 45
[HP/HOO Book 3]-Trilogy now completed What happens when you take a wizard and a Roman demigod and put them inside an overly loyal Greek demigod? Pe...
14.6K 143 25
Disclaimer: I was young and dumb when I wrote this and this story is an abomination but Im keeping it up for the memories. Perseus Achilles Jackson...
783 47 25
✰ 𝗼.𝗼 𝐭𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β‹˜ π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘Žπ‘‘π‘Ž... β‹™ ❛our little group it's always been and always will until the end❜ .β€’Β° ✿ Β°β€’...