Finally Saved

By raylor17

Libby Ashford is finally free of her living nightmare. On the run from her father, she and her mother move t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 2

510K 6.8K 605
By raylor17

Sorry for the wait. I'm at the end of my school year so I've been extremely busy with exams and finals. Hang in there with me for a few more weeks and  then I'm all yours for the summer :)

To answer some of your questions, yes this is a werewolf story but no, Libby is not a werewolf. I think you can guess who would be though...

Sorry if this is another slow chapter, the next one will be good. I promise!

Dedicated to IamaRyHard for the first cover for Finally Saved. Thank you for taking the time to make this and I appreciate it. It looks really good (:

To anyone who votes/comments/fans and to all the silent readers, THANK YOU <3333

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

Libby

                “Keep your head up and smile.” My mother instructed me as we pulled to a stop in front of the high school. “Remember to always meet people’s eyes and make sure you look friendly and pretty. No slouching, fidgeting, or eye rolling Felicity.” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her stern warning and simply nodded.

                “Yes mother.” I murmured knowing she wanted a verbal response.

                “For heaven’s sakes speak up Felicity. Don’t mumble, it’s impolite.” My mother scolded harshly and frowned at me. I nodded once again with my eyes trained on the my folded hands in my lap. “And what did I say about eye contact? It’s rude to look away when someone is talking to you.”

                “Yes mother.” I met her glare and tried my best not to flinch.

                After she’d approved of all of my bedroom furnishings the day before, aside from the blue and green pillow, she’d insisted we go home and put everything together. After that was done she resigned to her new in-home office and left me to eat alone in the kitchen. Most people would probably feel lonely if their mother left them alone to do work instead while I simply felt…relieved. I hadn’t seen her until this morning when she’d barged into my room to wake me up before school a full two and a half hours before I was due to start. Only after every strand of hair was curled to perfection and my outfit was deemed appropriate did she let me eat breakfast before driving me to school.

                “I’ll be home late tonight as I have to get settled in at my new job,” I didn’t miss the sneer she didn’t try to hide when she mentioned her new job. It was with a different company than before and still paid well, just not as well as her other one. Of course that means in her eyes, her new job was a step down, yet another thing I’d taken from her.  “That means you’ll have to walk home and find yourself some dinner. I’ll leave money on the counter for you to go grocery shopping just don’t forget no fats, sugars, or salts.”

                “Of course.” I opened the door and paused to see if she would say anything else. Perhaps a “good luck on your first day of school” or a “make lots of friends” but instead received silence. I glanced behind me to see her checking her hair and lipstick in the mirror, completely ignorant of her daughter.

                I stepped out and closed the door behind me without another word. She sped off without a second thought and left me to deal with the curious gazes of the people in the parking lot. Already breaking her rules, I looked down nervously and pulled at the hem of my loose white shirt. As I walked towards the office I could literally feel the gaze of the entire student population on me. It wasn’t hard to differentiate between the heated lustful gazes of the males and the scrutinizing envious glares the girls were sending me. Nervously pulling a few strands of hair over my shoulder to shield me, I made my way to the office where I was supposed to meet with the principle.

                I roamed around campus for a few minutes, completely lost and too shy to ask for directions. I’d assumed the office would be in the front of the school but alas it wasn’t and now I was not only lost, but also embarrassed for being lost. I sighed with relief when one wrong turn led me to the back of the school where oddly enough, a small building with the fading “Office” was stenciled above the door. Outside the building, three people stood there waiting. A short, balding middle aged man in a horrible plaid suit looked up as I approached. I guessed he was the principle since the two other people were two girls who looked to be my age. I almost laughed at how different I could already tell the girls were. The one closer to me had dark blond hair that followed her movements as she bounced up and down excitedly. Her smile was almost blinding while her body exuded only happiness and joy. She was like the living version of Barbie on drugs. The other girl stood behind the blond one and glanced at me indifferently before looking back at the end of her black hair. Streaks of purple interrupted the inky color and mixed gracefully into the curls. Everything from her slouched posture to the slight scowl on her face told me she’d really rather not be here.

                “Hello there. You must be Felicity Ashford. I’m Principle Murry and I’d like to be the first to welcome you to Jackson High.” He beamed at me, peering through his thin wire glasses. 

                “Thank you.” I mumbled, uncomfortable with all the attention I was getting from the three of them. Well really two of them, the dark haired girl looked like she really could care less.

                “And this here is Lilly,” He gestured towards the giggling blond. She was smiling so widely I wondered if her face was going to hurt. “And that is Sasha.” He motioned towards the other girl who still didn’t look up from inspecting the tips of her hair. “They are part of the welcoming committee so think of them as your new friends.”

                “I’m just so excited.” Lilly suddenly burst out. She jumped up and down, clapping he hands together. “It’s been ages since we’ve had a new student and I was just telling Sasha the other day how much I wanted someone new to come to this school and well, here you are.” She smiled at me almost in disbelief, like she couldn’t believe some dream of hers had come true.

                “Here I am.” I muttered weakly.

                “Well I’ll leave you three girls to get to class. Lilly and Sasha I trust you’ll make our newest student feel welcome.” Lilly’s curl’ bounced with her head as she nodded eagerly.

                “Of course.” She chirped. Principle Murry walked away which left me in a slightly uncomfortable position with Lilly and Sasha. I was hoping I could just slip away when Lilly spoke up in her cheerful voice. “Come on Libby, I’ll show you around.”

                “That’s ok, you don-” She cut me off and latched onto my arm. My heart stilled at her touch and I fought the panic that rose up within me. I really, really hated when people touched me. Acting on instinct, I snatched my arm back and smiled sheepishly when she gave me a puzzled glance.

                “Nonsense. Sasha and I will show you around.” She sounded so determined that I simply followed behind her and listened quietly as she pointed out various buildings and halls.

Sasha followed behind us still looking bored out of her mind. I didn’t miss the slightly scared looks she got from people as we passed by them. She had a look about her that made me think of her as  an avenging angel. Beautiful but rough. It wasn’t hard to admit that she was physically beautiful. Her long black locks were luxurious and glossy while her dark green eyes had flecks of gold in them that reminded me of a cat’s eyes, calculating and cunning. While her clothes were normal enough, a white shirt with matching black jeans and a pair of boots, they made her look more mature and tougher. Everything from her confident stride to her carefully composed expression made her look, for lack of a better word, badass.

“I can’t wait to introduce you to the group.” Lilly squealed and picked up her pace. Sasha rolled her eyes at Lilly’s enthusiasm before catching my gaze.

“Just because I’m on the welcoming committee,” She scowled at the committee part which led me to believe that she had unwillingly been roped into participating in it. “Doesn’t mean we’re friends.”

How do you respond to that?

“Uhh, ok.” I whispered, feeling a little scared. I’ll admit that she intimidated me. Surprise flitted across her face at my meager reply before she glanced away coolly and addressed Lilly.

“I heard Nick comes back today.” She commented. Lilly stopped in her tracks and cocked her head, suddenly looking uncomfortable and happy at the same time.

“He got home yesterday.” She shrugged with a smile.

                “It’ll be nice to get things back to normal around here.” Sasha muttered, glaring at a blond girl who was leaning against a locker and staring at the three of us curiously. The blond girl immediately dropped her gaze. “Someone needs to knock some sense into these losers.”

                “He can’t go back to his old ways. You know what will happen.” Lilly warned while giving Sasha a meaningful look before discreetly glancing in my direction.

                “We’ll see about that.” Sasha grinned to herself. I was utterly confused as to what they were talking about now. Lilly started walking again and spoke up while keeping her gaze on me.

                “Nickolas is my brother, but we just call him Nick.” I nodded and glanced around to see the stares of countless students. They all looked shocked to see me walking between Lilly and Sasha.

                “I see.” I murmured, at a loss for words.

                “He’s been away at boarding school the last few months.” This perked my interest because I’m quite certain they just got back from summer break. “It was a year round school.” She added.

                “Why did he go?” I hesitantly asked.

                “Ok, well it wasn’t  a normal boarding school.” Lilly stopped in front of a locker that I assumed was hers and pressed a hand to her mouth, stifling a giggle. “It was a school for delinquents.”

                “Delinquents?” I repeated in disbelief. I had never met this brother of hers but it already seemed clear that the two were like night and day. Completely opposite because if her looks and attitude are any indication, Lilly has never gotten in trouble.

                “My brother,” A small laugh slipped from her lips and a blush coated her pale complexion. “He and authority don’t exactly see eye to eye. He also has anger issues. And maybe some violence issues. He gets into fights a lot.” She shrugged carelessly. “He’s sort of a bad person.”

                “From your description I wouldn’t have guessed you were related.” I mused just as the bell rang.

                “I know right!” She grinned widely and pointed down the hall. “There’s your first period. I’ll find you at break and I’ll introduce you to the group. Maybe if you’re lucky I’ll introduce you to my infamous brother.”

                “Uhh, ok.” I gasped as she stepped forward and hugged me tightly. She is apparently not a fan of personal space.

                Lilly grinned and bounced away in the opposite direction with Sasha following after her. I made my way to my first period and was about to walk in the front doors of the school slammed open and people instantly hushed. From my position I couldn’t see anyone but saw the stares they received from the awestruck students. Some expressions held lust while others looked fearful. It was silent in the hallway for a second before another bell rang overhead and the students scrambled to make it to their class. People brushed by me as they rushed into the room and I followed after them but not without a glance back at the front doors.

                In that one glance I thought I saw a group of guys standing there. A second later the door to the classroom closed and the thought quickly escaped my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186 21 14
Being the new girl in a new town is hard enough, but for Brayden Hayward it's damn near impossible. Especially when Ashton Philips, the king of the s...
14.3K 656 37
Meet Ashlyn Clarke, your typical self-centered College girl. She cares about herself, her family, and her future. She's a no-nonsense girl, who can't...
682K 15.6K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
2.6M 88.5K 38
-COMPLETED- After twenty-one years of a quiet, conservative lifestyle in the Gold Wind pack, Hana Hawthorne's world is flipped upside down. Change s...