Diary of a Vampire Slayer, Bo...

By jen1234

Book 1: Alexandra Alexandra Matheson is a descendant from a long-line of incredibly talented and powe... More

Note
New Life
Skills
School Attack
Reaction
Slayer Arrogance
A Little Fun
First Day of Classes
Training
Nightmares
Training with the Rival
Hunt Preparation
Big-mouth
New Friends
Vampire Bite
Meeting with a Vampire
Changes
Frenemies
Attack from Behind
Midnight Visit
House Travis in Charge
Hello House Lancer
Secrets between Houses
Truth Comes Out
Provocation
Out in the Open
First Raid
House Weapons
Meet House Matheson
Instincts
The Black Family
Spider
Secrets Are Out
Meeting in the Tracker House
House Secrets
Bloodlust
Central America
Incriminated
Witch-Tales
Liar Liar
Unease
Second Puberty
Going Home
Old House
Welcome to House Burns
Whistler
Peace
New State of Mind
Leather
Smell
Blood Bank
Celebrity
Vegan
Honesty
Party
A Little Help
Midnight Visit
The Whistler
New Friend
Beat Up
A Gift
Final Exams
Friendly Houses
Day of Submission
Epilogue

Set-Up

1.1K 87 7
By jen1234

Professor Rogers was seated with Isabella standing not too far from her in the living room. From the looks of it we were all going to be carefully watched until we left. They would probably send someone to watch me so they made sure that I wouldn't bite anybody.

         "It was a mistake coming here." Damien muttered under his breath as soon as we were in a large suite. When the Chief had said "room," I had been expecting a small room with a bed. We had an entire suite to ourselves. The Trackers were clearly doing very well. "They aren't going to let us go." he took off his coat with a frustrated face.

        "Someone is at the door." I told them paying attention to the door. There was a presence standing right by the door. He wasn't going to go anywhere.

        "They are taking precautions." Professor Rogers told us trying ease the stress in the room. My entire body was on edge because the Hunters were out there. Not only that but the wet-dog smell was getting to me. The entire place was nauseating. "Don't be alarmed." Professor Rogers eyed me. "Are you alright? You look pale."

       "I'm tired." I told her as I took a seat near the door. There wasn't any movement outside but the man was still standing right next to the door. "There is a lot going on."

       "What did he tell you?" Damien asked turning his head to me. Professor Rogers shot him a look as if saying that he needed to stay quiet or not ask questions right now. Damien ignored her taking a seat across from me.

"What you had already told me." I told him with a shrug. Damien searched me with narrowed eyes. Right now wasn't the time to tell him that my mother had been bitten by the vampire trying to turn me. "He has asked his children to keep an eye out for me." Damien's jaw hardened in dislike. I wondered if the Chief was going to assign someone to keep an eye on me back at school.

         "They don't want me biting anybody." I met Damien's dark eyes, which softened a little bit. "It would be really bad." Damien reached for my hand.

         "I won't allow you to do that." he squeezed my hand in response.

        "Neither will I. We will take extra precautions." Professor Rogers approached Damien, placing a hand on his shoulder. They were together. Something was going on between them. I didn't know how I felt about that especially since he had been the only one in my life. He had been like a father to me. 

"I am going to get us something to eat. I'll leave you alone so you can talk." She excused herself and I took the opportunity.

        "Are you two together?" I asked Damien blatantly. Damien released my hand, and shifted in his seat.

        "No," there was an awkwardness to him that I hadn't seen before. He had dated before but they usually weren't Slayers.

       "Yes you are," I shook my head at him for lying.

        "She was my wife's sister, Alexandra." He grunted rolling his eyes. I could tell he wanted to keep talking about her because he hadn't changed subject.

         "If you are asking for my permission-?" my voice trailed off. Unless he was serious about someone, he would ask for my opinion. "I like her. You get along with her."

         "I'm too old to be asking you for permission to do anything, Alexandra." He laughed at me. "My dating life isn't a serious matter. Your life is at stake here." the hardness on his face disappeared.

         "Alright I drop it." I raised my hands in a defeated manner. "I am actually really tired so I think I will go off to bed." There was too much going on and I wanted some time alone to process it all. Not only that but I didn't want anybody asking anymore questions. I didn't want to lie to Damien. "Goodnight." I hurried away to a far room, taking the luggage that had been placed in the suite.

The lights weren't on when I entered my room. Instead of putting my things away or changing my cloths- I took a seat on the bed. The balcony door was open and there was a soft breeze blowing in. In front of me was a beautiful full moon which kind of made me lift my lip in distaste. The Trackers downstairs were probably enjoying their time right now.

I reached for the front pocket of my luggage to pull out my knife. Surprisingly, it was still there. I laid back on the bed, placing the knife next to me. 

I had a nightmare. The same dream that I had been having was replaying so I got up­. My entire body was drenched with sweat. There was no air conditioning in the room so the room was hot and stuffy. The nice light breeze that had been cooling my room earlier was gone.

I went to stand outside but the atmosphere was humid that it wasn't even helping. I opened my bedroom door to poke my head out.

There wasn't any sound.

Damien and Professor Rogers had probably gone to sleep. I stepped outside my room and went out to the living room. Nobody was out there. Outside the door there was still someone standing guard. I walked back to my room to see one bedroom door closed. Damien and Professor Rogers were together. I shook my head with a smile. At least he was happy.

My room was little bit cooler now that the door was open. I went outside and leaned against the railings. The nap had not been as restful as I had hoped. The nightmares were keeping me from having a restful night sleep. There was movement outside the door and my head snapped in that direction. The door to our suite did not open but the man did run down the hallway.

I stepped towards the door but I heard movement below me. My eyes scanned the ground below me and I saw three shadows moving quickly in the dark.

Vampires.

I could smell them easily as they ran below me. Not only that but they were also moving too quickly to be human.

My nostrils flared as the disgusting putrid smell filled my nose. I stepped backwards and a vampire turned back towards me. His blood red eyes met mine. A wide smile appeared on his face. He knew who I was.

My eyes widened, without much thought I ran into my room to grab my knife. I threw myself on my bed, and grasped my knife just as the vampire jumped onto the patio. He immediately lunged for me and I rolled of the bed. The vampire grasped me by my leg and flung me across the room. My knife slipped out of my hand as I tried to cover my head.

I landed against the dresser, shattering the mirror. The sound of breaking glass filled my ears. Angrily, I jumped off the dresser and threw myself at the snarling vampire. The vampire wasn't hungry so they weren't here to hunt. The vampire grasped me tightly by my arm, and tried to pull me out the patio door but I wrapped my legs around his torso.

        "Who sent you?" I yelled knowing the answer. With my free hand, I punched him the face but the vampire didn't even flinch. He was too strong for me because he had just fed. The vampires attacking had probably just fed less than an hour ago so they were going to be at their strongest.

My knife was laying about a foot from the dresser. The vampire released my shoulder and grasped me by my neck.

I gritted my teeth as the air was squeezed out.

        "Spi-" I couldn't call for my knife.

My own two hands wrapped around his throat. He shoved me into a wall trying to get me to release him.

My legs tightened around him as he shoved me once more against the wall. My head hit the wall- making my eyes blur in front of me. Tears filled my eyes but I didn't release him.

Both my hands stayed wrapped around his neck. I kept squeezing sinking my fingers into his throat. He lifted me upwards and was about to slam me against the wall-

I shifted myself upwards and quickly wrapped my hands around his neck so that my hands slipped upwards to the base of his head and in one powerful motion- I snapped his neck.

The vampire fell from underneath me. I sat up trying to clear my head.

         "Alexandra!" I heard Damien yelling from across the hall. His bedroom door flew open and he came running in. He stood shirtless and in only bottoms. Nothing but shock was on his face as he stared at the dead vampire at my feet.

        "There are others." I told him before he said anything else. "He was trying to take me. I don't know-"

Professor Rogers came in behind him wearing Damien's shirt. There was a sound of yelling and a buzzing sound went off.

I dropped to my knees covering my head. The sound was so high pitch that it had seriously dropped me to the ground.

         "Tell them to turn it off." Damien hollered as he picked me up. He threw me over his shoulder and carried me out of the room. Professor Rogers ran past us as Damien ran out with me.

        "Damien." I huffed trying to clear my head. 

I was dropped on the ground. There was so much commotion but I couldn't really comprehend what was going on because of the incapacitating sound.

I lifted my head and turned to see Damien fighting Benito. My heart was pounding in my chest because I was freaking out.

I couldn't even move.

My hands dropped from my ears and I tried to make myself move. The muscles in my arms contracted to lift myself up but my hands gave away. My brain wasn't functioning correctly.

The noise died down but it wasn't completely gone. The pitch wasn't so loud that I could move.

            "Alexandra let's go," Damien yelled at me but he was punched in the face by Benito. They were going to do whatever it took to keep us from leaving. "Listen to me! You are under attack. I need to get Alexandra out of here!"

          "You will stay here!" Benito yelled back at him. He shoved Damien back towards me. "Stay in there." He pointed at the suite. I heard a soft movement near us. My head snapped in the direction.

         "Where is-?" I yelled pressing my hand against the wall. There was movement on the other side. I turned around and ran down the hallway towards the end. There was another hallway crossing at the end. The Chief said that we would be staying on the same floor as him.

        "Alexandra!" Damien called behind me but I kept running. I turned to the right to see only one door. It was the Chief's room. I shoved myself against the door but it wouldn't budge. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326 42 10
This is the 1st book of My Friend is a Vampire series. Andrea was just a normal teenage girl. Andrea just enters Sacred Heart High School along with...
361K 7.7K 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version of Emily Swan's story. The Rewritten version is Our Forever containing Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Brea...
219K 4.9K 26
• T W I L I G H T S A G A • "Girls like her were born in a storm. They have lightning in their souls. Thunder in their hearts. And chaos in their bo...
1.4K 76 21
-Book One in the Winter Wolf Series- Amelia Winters had a normal life. Parents who loved her, a home, friends. Everything she ever needed. It was no...