The Bad Boy's Journal

By HeyItsJovana

"Have we met before?" Those were the words that seemed to echo through the very depths of our souls. Elena Sm... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
THANK YOU ♡
COVER

Chapter 36

234 28 62
By HeyItsJovana

Elena's POV

"Move your fat ass." I mumble into Diego's shoulder.

"Good morning to you too my love," he chuckles in a deep voice. His morning voice is hella fine! "Sleep well?"

"With you? Always." I grin and he snakes an arm around my waist. "When will they let you leave?"

"I don't have major issues, so they should today." He sighs and falls back deeper into the pillow.

"Oh Diego, you've got issues and problems and they're very hard to pronounce." I give him a pointed look before getting up to open the windows.

"Ughh," Diego groans stepping out of bed and I worry, shouldn't he be laying down? "Getting out of bed is the second hardest thing this morning."

"What's the first?" I furrow my eyebrows and he smirks.

"Really want to know?" Diego wriggles his eyebrows.

Letting out an exasperated sigh I try not to blush, "Guys."

"I prefer the term men," Diego huffs out and strolls towards me. He rests his chin on my shoulder and intertwines our fingers. "How are you?"

I smile up at him and kiss his jaw, "A lot better, I'm still sorry."

"So am I," he mumbles into my neck. "It's a miracle I'm okay."

"Diego you're the best miracle in my life right now." I chuckle and turn around to face him with a deep gaze. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him towards me.

"Hey guys I'm back." Stevens face pops up at the most inconvenient time and Diego whispers profanities. Sorry, sentence enhancers. Yeah, that's what they are!

"Steven, hey." I grit out and he shrugs.

"We'll pick this up later princessa." Diego whispers huskily and I no doubt blush.

"How are you bro?" He bro hugs Steven.

"Good man and you." Diego answers and I pass him his things. "I'll change out of this and then we can get going, thanks again."

"You know I'll always be here for when you get into shit." Steven chuckles as if remembering a fond memory while Diego just shakes his head. He disappears into the the bathroom and I take a seat on the sofa.

"So you and Diego go way back eh?" I nudge Steven in the ribs.

"Yeah," he let's out a laugh. "We've been partners in crime since day 1."

"What crimes?" I wriggle my eyebrows and Steven shakes his head.

"This one time we lit the broom on fire and tried to extinguish it with pillows." Steven bursts out in laughter.

"Oh I remember that!" Diego grabs his phone and approaches us.

"Wait you lit a fire too? So that means you can't blame me for almost setting your kitchen on fire!" I exclaim and Steven looks at me with wide eyes. He probably didn't believe Diego's story so now that I'm saying it must be a shock.

"Uh yes I can, we were ten. You were almost an adult." Diego grabs the small of my back and we walk out of the hospital room followed by Steven.

"Ah Diego how are you?" An elderly doctor pats him on the back. "You can go, I'll tell the nurses to update the computers."

"Thank you Dr.Behughiy." Diego smiles and we soon walk out.

"Dr. Who now?" I inquire and Diego shrugs casually.

"It took me like ten tries to pronounce it and don't even get me started on spelling." He chuckles and Steven unlocks the car.

I hop in and Diego enters the back seat too. Furrowing my eyebrows at the fact he didn't pick shot gun he begins to evaluate, "I haven't seen you in forever, we have to catch up."

He winks and I laugh, "It hasn't really been forever, nothing lasts forever."

"Well if nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?" His words hang in the air and his eyes glint with affection.

"I can't do that?" I giggle.

"You can't be my forever?" Diego asks with a taken back and hurt expression.

"No, I can't be your nothing because I'm your everything." I wink and proceed to find a comfortable place on his lap where I'm supposed to doze off. "Drive, peasant."

"This peasant can kick you out." Steven scoffs.

"Yeah, but he won't." I stick my tongue out at the car's roof.

"Aha and why can't I?" Steven laughs mockingly.

"Because Diego will whoop your ass?" Laughing, I look at Diego who has a blank expression.

Steven has the audacity to contradict though, "Nah sweet cheeks, Bros before hoes."

I groan and look at Diego. He isn't supporting either side and that's best, it's not like I'll make him choose between Steven and I. "Night peasants."

"Night princessa." Diego bends down to kiss my forehead.

"Night Mrs.homeless wreck who slept the whole night yet still needs more sleep." Steven retorts from the front.

I pout at this, "Not nice Stevey," I begin in hopes that my new nickname will tick him off. "I like Diego more."

"Yeah Yeah poor guy!" He laughs jokingly and I straighten up to plant a deep kiss on Diego's lips. He looks surprised but quickly responds and I sit on his lap as he cups my face in his hands.

In the middle of our make out sesh Steven decides to contribute his unwanted opinions, "Ew guys C'mon I can't look at the rear view mirror anymore. Not in my car, get a room just stop this."

"Very poor guy." Diego draws in a long breath and we stay still looking into each others eyes.

"Very poor." I say, voice dripping with sarcasm, before placing a peck on his lips and returning to my sleeping position.

"Screw this lovey dovey shit." Steven chuckles and I smile once more before drifting off to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Are we there yet?" I ask and the boys groan once again. "Are we there yet?"

"No! We are not there yet woman!" Steven shouts and I wince. It's true that I'm acting like a 7 year old child with a sugar rush but oh well there's something about pissing people off that really appeals to me.

"Can you please stop my love?" Diego tucks a strand of loose hair behind my ear and this time I control my melting.

Removing the strand of hair back to where it was, I smirk, "Are we there yet?"

"Yes, yes we are, get out." Steven glares and I raise my eyebrows. We're in our street but he can literally just drive us a hundred more meters. "Get out Elie, you're driving me nuts."

"Well actually," I pause and place a finger to my chin. "You're the one driving here Stevey."

"That's it, I'm done, Diego take her out and get her on some sleeping pills." Steven groans and Diego laughs dragging me out of the car.

"C'mon love just a few more meters." He smiles and I get out.

"Few hundred," I scoff and turn to glare at Steven before shooting him a sweet smile. "Goodbye chauffer Stevey."

"What drugs are you on?" He gives me a pointed yet serious look. It's actaully really fun annoying him. Y'all should try! Granted you can't beat the pro.

"I don't know, it's really a long long list." I nod slowly and he shakes his head before driving off. "Well it looks like we're walking."

"Much thanks to you for that." He shoots me a mocking grin.

"You're welcome, happy to help." I smile and skip down the trottoire.

"Happy to help eh?" Diego catches up to me and I nudge him in the ribs.

"Maybe one day." I wink and  turn around to face my house. I freeze at the sight of the person on the porch, she looks familiar but I can't seem to figure out where I've seen her before.

"Uh Diego?" I tilt my head to the woman who's looking down.

"Hey I think I recognize her," he whispers into my ear before stealing a glance at her once again. "She's the waitress from the cafe in London."

The idea is absurd and I'm about to start laughing at those words when she looks up and I indeed see she matches all her facial features impeccably. She... she is the London waitress. Is she stalking me?

"Uhm I'll go and see what this is about." I smile at him.

"I'm coming with." Diego says and we approach the woman who stands up and dusts her pants off. She looks like she's about to speak but she remains mute and still. Now I would be extremely cautious around a stranger that shows up out of the blue if it weren't for the raw care and emotion in her eyes.

She's wearing a classic maroon v neck shirt and her hair is all ruffled in the perfect loose brown curls.

"Hi, I'm Elena." I smile politely at the middle aged woman at my doorstep and her eyes swell with fresh tears. I see she tries to speak but she can't. Her shaking has increased so she goes to sit back on the steps. Diego rubs circles into my shoulders and I nod, I should probably comfort her.

"I'm sorry but I really don't understand." I begin but her sapphire eyes blaze right through my soul, like a spear through my body. A lump forms in my throat as she smiles revealing a couple of fine wrinkles here and there. Her wavy chocolate coloured hair, her sapphire eyes, her composure, it all seems familiar.

To myslef... could she? No she can't! Is she? I don't think so?

She wipes her tears away before pulling my wrist and placing it gently onto her lap. Taking something out of her heart shaped locket I glance at her with wide eyes. I notice that in her once empty hand is now a heart shaped sapphire gemstone. Bright and blue like my eyes, our eyes.

The woman smiles fondly and sniffles a little more before placing the gem right into the empty part of my handcrafted bracelet. A sense of realization hits me and weakness swarms through my entire body, "M-mother?"

"Yes sweetie," She engulfs me into a hug and we both start sobbing right there and then. "We've made it back to each other after all these years."

"I-I can't believe this." I look at her and then at Diego who is rubbing his eyes. "Diego are you crying?" I sniffle and remove some tears away.

"Me? Pft no, just an eyelash. Maybe two... in both eyes." He looks down and Marissa and I chuckle. I actually have a mom... I'll never forget the one who raised me all along, after all family is not always by blood. However, I am going to give Marissa a chance, I still remember her name.

"Elena darling how have you been?" She inquires in the softest tone, a mellow tune that's sweet to me as honey.

"I have so much to tell you!" I chirp and grin at her while she exhales a breath she has been holding in.

"I have been worried sick that you wouldn't want to see me or accept me. Elena I know I haven't been there for most of your life, well the whole of it really." She purses her lips and looks down guiltily. "That was then and this is now. Your father and I made a vow to never reach out to you if you didn't want that and I'm so happy I have you in my arms once again babygirl." She starts crying again before enveloping me in the tightest hug which I gladly return.

"I need a mom, dad has been doing the best he can with his new girlfriend here and I thought I didn't need a motherly figure after all those years. But I do, I'm still young and I know it's too early to start planning Marissa but I want you in my life." I smile and her eyes sparkle.

"Elena, I will set my whole world to a stop if you want me to stay. I've been waiting for this for so long and now that I finally have you I won't let you go." She takes my hands into hers and I relish the warmth. "You don't have to call me mom, I understand. Give me a chance to redeem myslef, I'm not asking for you to forget all about your adoptive mother. She was a great woman, one of the reasons why we accepted to give you away but Elena all I'm asking for is another chance." She looks at me, eyes glinting with hope, pleading me to say yes.

Taking a look at Diego I see him grinning like a fool, one leg against the front door and arms folded. He gives me an encouraging nod and I whisper, "Yes."

"I've missed you so much my princess." She chuckles and I lead her and Diego inside.

"Hey she's my princess too." Diego laughs shyly and Marissa shakes her head playfully. I've gotten myslef quite a man!

"So uhm Marissa, I've been meaning to ask, where's my father?" I smile politely as I pour some orange juice into a glass. She inhales a deep breath and takes a seat. Looking at me with a guilty expression, she motions for me to sit down as well.

"Elena, dear..."

Hey everyone
That would be it and I am so so so sorry for not updating for a decade but reasons being: traveling, school, exams already... well you get the picture. Book is very close to ending and enormous hugs go out to all of you! Thank you all for reading
I guess you can probably predict what happens next...
Until next time my loves ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...
2.1K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
31.6K 660 29
Scarlett Salvatore a sweet and shy girl but she can find her confidence when she and her cheer squad hit those fields to support their football team...